April 17, 2014 | 971 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Sophia17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the most expenive mascaras I've purchased along with YSL, retails for 32 euros here in Greece. Very expensive and doesn't worth the money, because it dries up really quick, mine did with 1.5 months, and even though the 1st month it'svery good at seperating lashes and adds a naturall curl, after it becoms very clumpy, makes my lashes look like I only have 4 lashes, and the curl doen't exist anymore. For sure i won't repurchase it again, because I've found a very good mascara, Mac's Plushlash.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by constantonian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to try this mascara regardless of the price (I think I paid thirty something plus tax), because of its attractive packaging and claims. The first application out of the tube was disappointing. It took the curl out of my lashes that my Shiseido curler gave me, and it just didn't do much. I liked the glossiness and definition, but it wasn't dark enough and actually had a grey tint. I kept in mind that most mascaras change once they thicken a bit, so I waited it out. After a month, it was still disappointly grey and unimpressive. The formula, like the original Diorshow, is just too heavy and weighs down my lashes even when paired with Shiseido mascara base. Very disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by BlackPinStripes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i didnt buy this, but i tried it out at sephora in the afternoon. at first it was "wow!" because it gives amazing length and the best curl for a non wp mascara (comes off easy with water btw) but by night it smudged under my eyes pretty bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by k1zuna

hmmm... why did I wait so long to write a review for this product? Diorshow Iconic is simply amazing! It holds curls like no other, and lengthens your lashes like crazy. The only bad thing about this mascara is that it doesn't provide enough volume, but it's great for day time looks.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2009 8:57:00 AM More reviews by annaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This holds a curl, fans out my lashes, and is multi-functional. With two coats, this is my low-key look (for work, meeting up with much more low-key friends). Two coats + another mascara with serious lengthening power and pigmentation (e.g. Givenchy's Phenomen'Eyes) = fake fake lashes that don't clump (got that?). Half of the time when I use several coats of my "fake" lash mascara, I get spider eyes, but with Iconic as a base, I get gorgeous lashes.

I wouldn't say that Iconic curls my lashes by themselves, but it doesn't flatten my lashes like most mascaras (oh, yeah, so if I wear lengthening mascaras by themselves, I get really long, really flat lashes. also not pretty). I said I'd purchase this again, but though I like the product, the price tag is still pretty hard to stomach. I'm only somewhat likely to buy it during friends and family.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by kjerstihagen

Nothing to call home about. I mean, it's by no standard a BAD mascara - it is very black, and in my opinion it certainly lives up to it's promise to lengthen. But for $27? I have fairly long, but very fine eyelashes with a slight natural curl. This did curl them (and keep the curl) ever so slightly, but the amount of layers it took to create any volume to speak of was enough to make you sick. I could have gotten ten more minutes of sleep this morning! I'll take my current go-to for runway lashes, Chanel Exceptionnel, over this any day. That being said - I could see it working well for someone who is only looking for length. But that is NOT me! I'll be returning this one, that's for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2009 4:47:00 AM More reviews by tiffykt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros
Defines lashes
Lengthens lashes
Holds a curl for a few hours
No racoon eye

Cons
Does not curl lashes
Does not add volume
Expensive

I'll continue to re-buy mascara despite it's price until I find my HG.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2009 7:27:00 AM More reviews by TrishyB

I thought I'd treat myself with a 'high end' mascara since I had only ever really used cheaper ones (covergirl, maybelline) plus it came with a free mini lipstick hehe.. Finally bought after seeing it in mags and reading good reviews about.
Its worked really well for me, normally when mascaras boast about giving more curl it doesn't really work for me as I'd normally have to curl my lashes to get the 'curl' that they go on about... Just a note, my lashes are in between straight/curled. When using Iconin I DON'T need to cur my lashes (finally!) The mascara actually curls and holds it for me! The formula dries quite quickly (non waterproof), so if u get it onto your skin you'd have to get it off right away otherwise it'd be a little harder to remove!
Lashes are separated and defined nicely with hardly any clumps. When compared with LashBlast my lashes look more fanned out, thickened defined with Diorshow Iconic.
No flaking, no smudging with a full days wear.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2009 12:44:00 PM More reviews by renkea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm still trying to find my perfect mascara. Diorshow Iconic seemed VERY promising, but I would just say it's a good mascara and does a good job. The problem is that I can get similar effects with much cheaper ones. I was so disappointing; everybody I knew was telling how wonderful it was...

... not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by kcornach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Iconic didn't wow me like I thought it would. I LOVE big, long, fat lashes and this one didn't live up to the hype.

PROS:
- Liked the fat brush. Similar to Benefit Bad Gal Lash's big wand, though Iconic wasn't as good.
- Lengthens a bit while product is new and still "juicy," but not as much as Benefit Bad Gal Lash.
CONS:
- Could not curl lashes when I had applied Iconic to lashes. Stuck to lash curler (I do not mean it just left residue; It was sticky (even after allowing time for it to dry) so I had to tug the curler to get it "unstuck" from my lashes! Curling post-application also caused clumping. (I realize you're supposed to curl lashes before, but I like the dramatic bend by curling AFTER mascara application. This is the only mascara I've used that made doing so impossible.)
- A little clumpy in general.
- Dries out quickly. Doesn't last.
- Expensive (around $27 USD at Sephora.) Pricey for the quality. Better than drugstore brands in some ways but DEF. not as good as other higher-end brands that are cheaper to boot.
Will NOT repurchase. continued >>