August 21, 2014 | 964 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 6:17:00 AM More reviews by hannahgball

This was the first mascara that I have ever repurchased and the first mascara that I have ever payed full price for! In Australia this retails for around about $18 - $20 which is standard for mascara so I usually just buy a mascara that is on special. Which is how I first came across the product. I loved this product so much so I brought it again. It gives great volume and separates the lashes so so pretty! I have often got complements about the way my eyelashes look when I wear this. I took one lippy off as it is not as lengthening - it does give length, just not as much as other mascaras. But this is inevitable as the mascara is intended to focus on volumising the lashes as opposed to giving dramatic lash extension. The mascara is very black and the formula is really nice and lasts a long time. You can build your lashes up to get a more dramatic look. Another problem with the mascara is that it can tend to flake a little bit after wearing it for extended periods e.g 10 hours. It washes off nicely and you don't have to scrub your eyes hard to remove it. The packaging is nice and the bright yellow makes it easy to find, the lid closes tightly and i have no problems with the formula drying out.Overall I love this mascara and will continue to repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMyDay2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an okay mascara. It's not one I'm too excited about but it worked for me. I don't like the packaging. It's yellow and big, a little too outstanding for my taste. But I can't really say that my lashes scream volume after using this. If I use eyeliner, probably any mascara will do for me. My lashes are quite long and I use a curler so if it darkens them more, it's alright. But if I don't use eyeliner, and just this mascara, I don't think it does enough. My lashes don't get any extra volume or length. Comparing the price with the product I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2013 7:09:00 AM More reviews by april7xD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this product at all. When i used it, it made my lashes stick together and my eyes water. It also smudged around my eyes. It doesn't smell that good too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by madaisy

The best at the drugstore! Pity that in Italy you pay more than 13€ for only one of this and in the US you find 2 for less than 10$! It gives you volume, length, deep black color and its quick and successfull!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by mizzjen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used all ranges of mascara from Lancome to Mac and now to drugstore brands like Maybelline. This is my new favorite! I swapped my "higher end", more expensive mascaras for this. I am blonde with nearly invisible lashes and with this, I literally only need one coat. Usually I need 2 and with a really bad one, 3. It does make my lashes look more defined and enhances the length. I've been experimenting with a few from Maybelline's Volum' Express line and this is my favorite. My new HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by etternax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

OK mascara all around but nothing impressive. I have naturally thick long lashes and need something to lengthen, define, and curl a bit more. I am not after a volumizing mascara. This one is good, the wand is fluffy but a bit big, and the colour is very black and is hard to remove without staining.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Pokiloki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has been my go to mascara for a while now. It actually took me a while to fall in love with(I didn't really bother to try it until I ran out of my Diorshow which I find it pretty comparable to). I think the brush size is great which to me is key in how well a mascara works. It really lifts and separates every lash and looks pretty clean. I really dislike how most mascaras tend to clump lashes together to thicken and elongate them but this plumps and lengthens without doing so.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Adelemuller

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ugh ew. I used this once and it DID NOT give me volume. Clumped my lashes together and made them look thinner and gross. And made the curl I just did with a curler fall dead straight. I managed to find a use for this though-makes my bottom lashes look gourgouess with very little smudging. But when I run out I will not repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by galactic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love Colossal mascara, and I'm not really sure why. It stands up to the high end brand I occasionally get minis of, which at ~$20+ I'm not really into buying a full tube. The Volum Express Colossal is honestly one of the first mascaras I've ever bought that I enjoyed for ages. I never got tired of it. The first one I bought was the 7x which literally lasted longer than I should've had it in my makeup bag. I got the 9x today, and I am still absolutely impressed with it. It doesn't clump my lashes together, it's not dry and irritating, it is kind of wet but dries quickly. I've tried others that are really wet and weird, when I blink it'll get all over my eye area and then it'll flake as it dries. I'm not really into that. This one though, it doesn't flake on me, or melt, or clump, or pull my lashes. It's absolutely amazing, especially considering I live in the Texas heat, and I have glasses that attract flecks of makeup like nobody's business.
I accidentally bought the "Glamor Brown" today thinking it was the black, but I'm not disappointed. It's a very, very dark brown that blends well with my strangely dark lashes.

If you're up to giving it a try, go for it. The worst that happens is you're out a couple of bucks, but it really works well for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Blove94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I was hoping to get a lot of volume with this mascara but it didn't live up to it's claims. The formula is very wet at first which makes it hard to apply the mascara because the wand glides over the eyelashes instead of actually grabbing onto the eyelashes. The smell is kind of weird, smells like roses. I noticed some flaking after a couple of hours of wearing this mascara. It doesn't give you the dramatic effect nor a natural effect. I do not recommend this mascara to anyone. But I will say the packaging is what got to me, super cute!