November 23, 2014 | 913 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Mjb99

I bought this the other day and I am not a big fan of it. It smells awful when you open the bottle and I found that it feels like it is way smaller then the other mabyelline mascaras. It flakes a lot and doesn't hold at all! Waste of $6

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Keribell74

It's okay, found that it flakes and is a bit clumpy at first. Just feel like there's a better mascara out there. It's like $5 at my local grocery store so it wasn't that much of a loss.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by BowsAndThings

I got this product yesterday while it was on sale at Priceline for $9. I really wanted to love this mascara as i needed a more easily accessible replacement for my Nyx Doll Eyes Long Lash. Unfortunately, this mascara did not give me length nor volume. Will not be purchasing this again, especially not at the full price of $19 (I live in Australia).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by claudy1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Sabsumaiya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I quite like this mascara. I must say, I'm not much of a mascara enthusiast, like most people, so I generally don't have high expectations. When I apply this PROPERLY, as in start RIGHT at the lash line and build it up, it actually does make my lashes look quite good. I don't have naturally amazing lashes, but I do think they're decent (from what others tell me), but I've seen this mascara do amazing things for people who don't have lashes that are that good. I really like the formula and brush. Overall, it is definitely my mascara of choice, especially compared to some other ones I've tried. I just don't think I will ever be blown away by a mascara, because nothing does what false lashes do.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by MariahB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST MASCARA THAT I HAVE EVER USED...I'm a bit of a mascara snob. I've tried SO MANY different brands (high end, low end, medium end...) and nothing even compared to this!

This mascara has the best brush (for top lashes, for bottom I used Maybelline Colossal Cat eyes). This brush is fantastic. I like to go over my lashes a few times to get the really dramatic look (I've gotten so many compliments on my lashes, I don't use falsies, but get asked all the time if they're real).

Ladies, I'm telling ya, for $6.99 CDN, this is totally worth it. Don't bother buying all the expensive crap (I've tried 'em Dior, Lancome, Givenchy, Clinique, Benefit, Too Faced, Fresh, the list goes on...you get my point). I've even compared it to the other drugstore brands (Revlon, Covergirl, QUO, Almay) and none even come close. This is one of the cheaper drugstore brands too! I've been using this mascara for years and I have been recommending it to everyone. It has a bit of a bothersome scent (to my mother) but it doesn't really phase me. It's also PARABEN FREE which is a HUGE bonus!

I'm telling you, best mascara out there ladies!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by violetkittens

I bought this in a whim and because my dear friend highly recommended it but let me tell you i am thoroughly disappointed!! ! ! ! It'd be an okay mascara if it wouldn't make my lashes fall out like mad.Other than that it clumps quite easily.
blergh

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by ggalie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The application of this product is ok - not too clumpy, good dark color - but it was impossible to wash off! I did not buy waterproof, used multiple types of makeup remover, and eventually had to stop using it. I like The Falsies so much better.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by riceisnice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh man. This was the first mascara I ever bought. I never looked up any reviews or anything, I just thought I would try it and bought it. Man, bad decisions...
So I got this for about $9 from Shoppers Drug Mart. It comes in a pearly bright yellow tube with metallic purple accents. The labelling rubs off easily and the tube has a founded belly with tapered ends. It doesn't look very nice in my opinion.
I don't recall the exact name of the colour, but it was black. Not deep, dark, you're-looking-into-an-abyss black, but still black... Not black enough.
The brush is a big too large for my liking. It didn't feel like it was getting between all of my lashes. The formula was also pretty wet. As a result, it clumped A LOT. I have sparse Asian lashes, so some may say the clumping helps to make the lashes more noticeable... but honestly, my lashes looked like a nasty, spidery mess. It didn't help that it dried crispy too. My lashes felt heavy and hard when this dried. Ugh. It also smudged all over my lower lashline within an hour :/ Maybe you'd have more luck if you get the waterproof version, or if your skin isn't oily. At least having it melt off and smudge would make it easier to remove... Okay, not really. I used baby oil on cotton and help it to my eye for about a minute. That was the quickest way to get it to come off. Makeup remover wouldn't dissolve it very well. Using oil on oily skin... not a nice feeling.
I don't recommend this to anyone. I really don't like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by ooohdiamonds

It provides a natural, clump-free coat of colour to the lashes. My lashes look darker, longer and separated. I will make this mascara my everyday mascara for the time being, because it does not deliver enough volume and thickness to wear it at night. I thought the level of volume will be a bit better. Overall, it is a great product to wear, and may consider re-purchasing due to the high quality finish it gives my lashes.