Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 7/23/2014 10:19:00 PM

I LOVE this foundation and can't imagine using anything else. This is light to medium coverage in my option. So if you have a lot to hide I wouldn't recommend it. I also don't recommend it for oily skin - the rep at Sephora also said this is not for oily skin types because it will come off. If you have dry or combo skin give it a try. I have dry skin and was beginning to have problems finding a foundation that didn't look caked on. This feels like I'm wearing nothing and looks like I'm wearing nothing. It lasts all day (coupled with the powder)! I do not have to touch it up and it never looks oily nor does it melt off my face (I live in Texas - it gets hot!). I've been able to wear it 12+ hours ... does not break me out.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I LOVE this foundation. This is my personal holy grail foundation, I have been using it for a few years now. I love how I look in pictures when I wear it. I can wear it alone and my face does not get shiny or anything. However I am using it more now with primer and setting powder just because I want it to look better. I get bored sometimes with foundation and I like to mix it up. This is the only one I really ever go back too. Another foundation I love equally as much is the Even Better foundation by Clinique. When I am budgeting I use that one instead. Love both though, but Make Up Forever is the best for me. I am always looking for a foundation to top it though!

on 7/23/2014 11:18:00 AM

I know this is HG for a lot of people, but I just don't feel it. The coverage is average at best and I was surprised at how watery and thin the formula was. It actually oxidized and turned orange-y only after 2 hours of application, and it slid around and became blotchy at the end of the day, even after setting with powder and on a non-humid summer day. I have tried to use it with all sorts of different applicators - stippling brush, beauty blender, flat kabuki buffing brush, MAC 190 - all same results. I do like the packaging - gotta love a foundation that comes with a pump. Will not purchase again, and will stick to MAC studio fix fluid.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Nice but nothing to rave about.

Having heard so much from beauty guruís about this product I was expecting something amazing. This is a nice foundation but it didnít wow me. It has a nice natural finish, the colour range is great but I donít think it performs much better than my garnier bb cream. If I pay AUS 70 I expect a high performing product, especially compared to my AUS15 bb cream. By 12pm this foundation was starting to fade, it would never last a night out as it just got too shiny and looked dreadful. I have an oily t-zone but nothing out of control, but this foundation just didnít work for me.

I thought I would try this foundation after reading the reviews. Very disappointed! It feels oily on my skin almost like my skin can't breath. I'm taking this back to store and heading back to the Lancome counter!!

on 7/15/2014 9:46:00 PM

I do not understand the hype surrounding this foundation. It is probably one of the worst foundations I have ever used. Sorry MUF, you don't get my vote on this one. I felt like there was barely any coverage and I was constantly having to touch up and reapply throughout the day.

on 7/15/2014 5:19:00 PM

My favorite foundation! Very natural finishing and it's medium coverage. A little goes a long way. Just find the right shade and you'll love this!

on 7/14/2014 2:00:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got this after I finished up a MAC Studiofix, and I love it so much!

I love the finish, it doesn't make me feel cakey or like I have too much makeup on. This foundation lasts me a whole school day and doesn't need touchups. (And I don't even powder my face after, my skin dries out faster.) It covers well and overall I love it! Also, the pump is really handy.

My only two small issues are that the cap for it doesn't go on to well and usually falls off in my makeup bag. Also, I have the lightest shade but it's a little too pink so I wish they made a more yellow toned color. But neither of those are the products fault and are so minor. :)

This is my favorite foundation to date - it applies nicely, doesn't make me break out and looks good. It is a bit pricey, but I think it's worth it. I do wish it lasted longer, but I have that problem with all foundations I use and this is better than most. I have used up all of this foundation and will definitely re-buy it.

on 7/13/2014 11:42:00 AM

I can not rave about this product enough. It's amazing! I have very difficult skin, dry with rosacea on my cheeks but have an oily forehead. On top of that I have fair skin so other foundations I have tried in the past are either too dark, too orange, too yellow etc...I did a lot of research before purchasing this and because MUFE isn't available in stores where I live, I had to take my chances by ordering it online. But it paid off. I bought it in N115 and ever since I started using it, people have commented on how amazingly flawless my skin looks. It covers really well but I love how I don't notice I am wearing any foundation. It gives my face a mild dewy look and it doesn't move at all during the day. Will definitely purchase again when I run out!