April 20, 2014 | 968 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3.6(2086 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by soledad15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is really great foundation and have good smell also great coverage. however, i couldn't find a perfect shade for my skin tone i end up buying shade 153 although i wished it could be bit lighter , still one of the best product i used

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by RizzaB7

Okay I have to say this is one of the best foundations I have ever tried In terms of what it does to my skin, and I have tried all sorts, mac studio fix, mac studio tech, mac studio sculpt, Estee Lauder double wear etc.

Out of them all this makes my skin look the best ! It is the only foundation which completely evens out my skin AND doesnt go blotchy which almost all my other foundations tend to do. The coverage is probably light to medium but you can layer it so that it becomes full without it ever going cakey, which is great.

My skin looks unreal with this on . It looks natural like your not wearing make up but at the same time your skin looks absolutely flawless and glowing . (And I do have a few darks spots which disappear once I put this on)

Yes this is my favorite foundation and since I cant buy it here in NZ I try only to use it on special occasions..

I am a MAC NC25 and I use 120 in makeup forever - absolutely perfect colour match.

However There is a downside!!. After an hour or so your skin can get really oily using this so I do have to powder quite alot with this foundation more so than with studio fix by comparison. Oh and the price - its not cheap !

Personally I would definitely recommend this Especially if your skin isn't super oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Maria12977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hate this foundation. It's too heavy and cakey looking. I think my skin hates foundations. This product made my pores clog up so fast. I do not recommend for acne-prone, combo, or oily skin! Plus, this is way too expensive! I suggest that if someone needs foundation to coverup acne just get Almay (skin clearing type), it is so much gentler on the skin compared to most foundations. Problem with Almay is it tends to feel oily throughout the day, but at least it doesn't break me out! Good Luck! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 8:07:00 AM More reviews by bellski

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Still searching for a good enough substitute for Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation (since they discontinued my shade), I decided to try this. It goes on smoothly and has great coverage and easy build-up. When my skin is at it's best I don't even have to wear concealer with this. It looks flawless and even, and it lasts all day. It doesn't melt off my face, but the thing that brings it down for me is that I get quite a shiny face after a few hours. I have to blot maybe once or twice during the day (I have an oily t-zone). Other than that I am very pleased. I don't know if I will repurchase, maybe if I find a better setting powder that doesn't make my face shine. I now use MUFE HD microfinish powder, which one would think would be the perfect match, but apparently not for my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by MsAdelyn

First off, I don't like the packaging. I always end up breaking the plastic stopper.

This foundation is very pricey but I'm really thankful Sephora often offers 15 to 20% off discounts. The foundation itself looks amazing on my combination skin. My skin looks flawless after I put this on.

However it does melt on my skin after a few hours if I don't put any primer and powder on my face ...and this is a pity, honestly. I used to use MAC SFF in NC20-NC25 before and it would stay on my face muuuuuuch longer without any powder on but I was tired of the full coverage it gives. So i gave MUFE HD a try. It is a light to medium coverage foundation and not full coverage as I heard. I would definitly not recommand this to anyone with oily skin cause it just won't last on your face.

I had a hard time finding my color. I first got matched #118 but it was a little bit too dark for my NC20 skin color so I gave #117 a try. I wouldn't say #117 is the answer to NC20's skin (in studio fix fluid) because #117 is a slight bit lighter but, it would suit anyone between NC15 and NC20. So I always have to put on bronzer or something to have the correct shade on my face and match it with the rest of my body.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by julielynch

I have been using Make up forever HD foundation in shade120 for over a year now and I love it! I have dry skin and I find this makeup to help with that and it also gives a flawless look to my face. I constantly get complimented on my skin and how it looks like its glowing. The only downfall I have found is that is tends to take a little while to set, especially in the summer months. A simple solution is to just lightly dust the HD foundation compact overtop of it and it sets it for all day and night! I will continue to use this product as long as I can. It is a bit pricey but its worth every penny ladies!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this foundation in #127 Dark Sand, and I am always being told that I should try this foundation again and again... I didn't like this stuff at all.
- It was not good for my oily skin - within a short time I had a slippery looking, cakey mess.
- Shades did not match well - #127 matched best but turned very orange and oxidized a lot on my skin
- Claims to be oil free, med-full flawless coverage and I don't feel like it provided any of these things!

For $49 or maybe a little bit more you can get a much higher end foundation that provides these things and looks amazing. I now use LancĂ´me Teint Idole Ultra 24hr which is $50 and is the best foundation I have ever tried. I wouldn't try another MUFE foundation or powder product again and def wouldn't recommend for oily skin types.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Stephxo10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I thought this product would have more coverage than it did its not worth buying being so expensive it should have a better coverage that it says it does and if you have oily skin DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by MinnieMe88

I recently decided to try to find a new foundation, just for a change. I'm usually a NC30/35 (depending on the season, summer/winter) so I wanted to give Make Up For Ever's HD foundation a go, I found the perfect match, in 127. I loved how it was light on my skin and matched my yellow undertone so well (asian skin: vietnamese) the only thing is, the coverage wasn't what I had expected for it to be for a medium/full coverage foundation and it ended up having too dewy of a finish for me and my combination/oily skin. I bought the Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet PLUS Matifying Foundation in #40 instead, it was a much better foundation for me. Coverage, finish and light weight (not so cakey feeling) as apposed to MAC Studio Fix and MAC Prolongwear. The oil control was much longer too.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by lakshmispirit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is not a good foundation for people with acne and hyper pigmentation. My spots are very light now but still noticeable with this makeup on. The coverage is slightly buildable but not enough for those of us who really need it. I was disappointed by this product's staying power. Even with the MUFA primer and setting powder, this foundation slid of my face within hours. I have combi skin and these days I'm a bit dry due to Retin A, and still it just never worked. Also, this is an HD foundation, so no SPF. It's just not practical for everyday use, unless you add SPF with it. Overall, if you have pretty good skin and take photos or videos, I'd say this makeup would be fine. But for gals like me, I'd say save your money for something better.