Moroccanoil Morrocan Oil Treatment

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 3/5/2013 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

LOVE.

I have fine but thick hair with whole-head color and highlights (I'm naturally a brunette but like to have a little salon oomph added, lol). I've religiously used Bumble and Bumble's Styling Lotion and I love it, but noticed that my normally smooth hair was getting tangles, dry ends, flyaways, and just didn't look its best. And when you spend money on color, you want it to look great!

I read and reviewed as much as possible about this product, and decided to try it - I apply to damp, towel-dried hair, from middle to ends, and it works absolute wonders. All the tangles, flyaways, etc were gone on the FIRST use. My layers hang nicely, and the shine is blinding. It makes my hair smooth and doesn't get oily or weigh it down. That said, I don't use more than a pea-sized amount on my hair, and I have a lot of hair, so I think too much product probably wouldn't be a good thing.

I purchased the small bottle for around $16 - which seemed like a load but I can tell I will barely make a dent in it, even with daily use.

Highly recommended.

on 2/28/2013 3:06:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This treatment gives my curls a lovely sheen and, while I've never had problems with flyaways or frizz, I do think the oil refines my curls. I apply one pump to my permed, wavy hair when it's half dry. (I do find that it helps my hair dry faster.) I follow with cream/gel/styling products when my hair is almost fully dry. This is my preferred method of use, though I occasionally mix the oil into styling products when I'm in a rush.

My hair is fine, but this oil doesn't weigh my hair down. I might explore the "Light" version whenever my bottle runs out, but until then I'm quite happy.

I keep this product away from my roots. (Actually, as with conditioner, I only apply it to the permed part of my hair, essentially from my ears down.) I'd be worried it might clog my pores or cause breakouts.

This product does contain silicones! I do think my hair is slightly less shiny and refined when I skip this product, but I try to give my hair a break whenever possible, as healthy hair = beautiful hair, IMHO. Besides, the Moroccanoil feels twice as effective after a day or two of not having used it.

The fragrance is incredible: gorgeous, luxurious, and seductive. The scent's what sold me, but I'll happily repurchase this product for its effectiveness.

I've had the bottle for half a year and it's halfway finished (at one pump a day, ~5 times a week). Good value in my book!

on 2/26/2013 7:30:00 PM

Originally started using this product about 2 years ago. The first 6 months or so it did WONDERS! I was constantly getting compliments on my hair, and it definitely left my hair feeling softer and shinier. However, as time goes on I'm finding it isn't having the same effect (maybe I'm just used to it?) I'm also finding it leaves my hair a little greasier than normal at times. Haven't noticed any effect in so far as hair growth. Overall, the compliments I received when I first used this product is reason enough to recommend it

on 2/23/2013 11:52:00 PM

Moroccan Oil has done wonders for my hair! I have thick, dry damaged hair from coloring and using heat appliances. After using this oil consistently for 2 weeks my hair feels completely renewed and nourished. It smells amazing and the packaging is very pretty :) The only drawback about this product is that it can only be purchased at a specialty beauty store such as Sephora, Nordstroms, Macys, or online of course.

on 2/21/2013 2:58:00 PM

This is by far my favorite hair care product. I have been using it for years. It gives your hair a shine and makes it smooth and frizz free. It smells amazing. I couldn't live without this.

on 2/19/2013 10:03:00 PM

I got this oil with the Moroccan oil travel kit. I have long, fine hair. I used it couple of times on my damp hair and did not really see any difference so stopped using it. But lately my hair has gotten more frizzy and dry especially after I've had an updo so I tried it last night on my dry firzzy hair. I must say I loved it! A few drops and it immediately made my hair less frizzy and tameable yet not greasy. And this morning when I woke up my locks looked much better and smooth maybe even shinier.
I will proably continue using this in the evening to smooth and protect my dry hair. As I got this part of the travel kit, I am still using the original oil treatment although someone commented that people with fine hair should use the light version.

on 2/19/2013 7:42:00 PM

I love this product, but I'm starting to suspect it gives my blond hair a yellowish tone... Does anyone have the same problem? I mean I walked out of the salon with a beautiful blonde (closer to platinum) tone and three days later, after I washed my hair and applied Moroccan Oil for blonde hair, I had this yellowish bottle blonde happening!
Anyone?

on 2/18/2013 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I found this product years ago & although I use it daily, I am only on my second bottle. A little really does go a long way. It smells divine & I have found it not only useful in taming flyaways & frizzy hair, but after using dry shampoo which tends to make my hair brittle. This tames it right down!

It is quite expensive but I find it cheapest on eBay by a seller named bestofblissteam

Xo

on 2/16/2013 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Over the past few years I have realized that I need to use some type of hair serum to moisturize, protect, and add shine to my hair. My hair was constantly dry, getting in knots, and would look completely fried at the end of the day. On a whim I decided to try Moroccan oil and I couldn't be happier. It has given life to my hair and it is so much more manageable now. I have yet to find another product that has given me the same results. Although it is a bit expensive, it is totally worth it to protect and rejuvenate your hair. I pour a small amount in the palm of my hand and rub on the ends of my damp hair. It instantly feels silkier and smells absolutely wonderful!

on 2/9/2013 1:13:00 PM

The only great thing about the product is it's packaging. You can never go wrong with an amber bottle. Its scent is alright though I am more into florals. Like finding "your perfume," this treatment is just not me.

The only lasting effect this product had on me was months and MONTHS of clogged pores (I rarely wear makeup) caused by the massive amount of silicone in this product.

The Moroccan Oil line is HIGHLY overrated and I would not recommend anything from it to anyone.

Top Rated Moroccanoil Products