September 30, 2014 | 1147 users online

Hair Treatments - Moroccanoil - Morrocan Oil Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by jcont1234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

After seeing MoroccanOil products at numberous salons I gave their oil treatment a try. I'd have to say this is one of the best products out there to combat dry ends. I have long thick hair and it has helped bring back shine and moisture. I use a pea-sized amount on wet hair and after a blowdry and flat iron, my hair is left shiny and not greasy. I will definitely buy this again, but next time, in the larger format.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by nakyq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started using the Moroccanoil treatment 6 months ago because it was recommended by the owner of the beauty supply store where I buy all of my hair products. He really had to pressure me into buying it because I thought it was just too expensive. He finally convinced me to try the small bottle by promising to give me my money back if I didn't think it was worth it. Honestly it is very much worth it. I use it on my wet hair before blow drying and use a tiny amount again every night as a wrapping lotion. It makes my hair soft and very shiny. It has cut down on my drying time and really helps straighten my hair. Plus I absolutely love the smell! I now use almost the entire line of Moroccanoil products and am about to throw away a bunch of old products that I'll never use again. LOVE it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by katiebaby87

Well, I finally caved and invested in some Moroccan Oil. And I am SO glad I did!!! My hair is already naturally very thick, curly and unruly, but has been damaged and made even more unmanageable by years of coloring and daily straightening. I have tried many other de-frizz/hydrating/softening hair products and treatments, always with 'Meh' results. But, after using MoroccanOil for the first time, the difference in my hair is huge. After one use my hair was immediately softer, silkier, smoother and much much shinier, and much more manageable and easy to style than usual. I am really happy with the result I get from this product, and relieved that it wasn't just another big waste of money.

One thing I was worried about is that my hair is naturally very oily (I have to wash every 2nd day unless I use dry shampoo), and I was concerned that using MO would make it become oilier even faster. I'm relieved to report this didn't happen! I also haven't noticed any build-up whatsoever, which was something that I was initially a bit paranoid about due to unpleasant past experiences with other treatments.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by annenorge95

Ok, so this is my holy grail hair product. I LOVE THIS THING.

I gave this five stars, but personally I would give it 4.7. It does not make my hair that soft.

It makes my hair shiny, "straighter", and it helts protect the ends of my hair! It doesn't matter what shampoo og conditioner you use, this does it all!

The packaging could be better, though. I got it with a pump, which can come in handy.

It is pricey, but it will last you a long time, so it's worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by ffsb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have fine, shoulder length hair that I have to wash every day because it gets oily at the scalp (yet dry on the ends). I was very reluctant to put more oil in my hair, but I really wanted to try this product. I'm soooooo glad I did. It doesn't make my hair greasy at all. I put a very little on the ends (if I put it near my bangs, they tend to get a little too "heavy" for my baby hair). I have recieved great results from this product. Not only has it improved my dry ends (my hairdresser commented on the lack of split ends for once), but I don't have to wash my hair everyday anymore. It keeps my hair nice, healthy looking and not oily at all. My husband has become addicted to this product as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by amymb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It took me a few tries to learn the best way to use this is to apply twice. Once right after washing when my hair is damp and then more once it's dry. The only problem is that I feel I have to use much more of it than most people say is enough. I suppose that's because I have very thick, coarse hair, so it's not that big of a deal. I will have to buy more soon though

But it really is a great product. Most other leave-in conditioners I've used in the past have only weighed down the frizz in my hair rather than actually moisturizing it. Moroccanoil actually makes my hair soft without making it feel gunky and flat. It feels light and full. I'll definitely be using this for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My hair: Normal thickness, fine, 3A curls that leans more towards wavy the longer it gets.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is my favorite hair care product. Most Serums weigh my hair down and because of this I tend to avoid them altogether. This product provides slip, shine, controls any frizz and leaves my hair soft, shiny and full. I use a dime size amount, blow out my hair and Iím done.

I have repurchased this product twice already. The last bottle i bought came with a pump to insert which was my only con from previous packaging. I have tried other chepaer alternatives and always come back to this. I will not stray again

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by megomatic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I gave this a shot after hearing several rave reviews from friends, some of whom are hairstylists. Honestly, I just don't get it!

I have long, medium to coarse wavy/curly hair that tends to frizz up around the crown when it's damp. I found that this product didn't improve the texture of my hair at all - in fact, it instantly gave me a nasty case of greasy silicon buildup, even when I only used less than a dime-sized drop! It actually makes my hair look coarser, frizzier and less full of body than when I dry it naturally. In addition to that, it's not even the best of the silicon-based serums I've tried. It did nothing to reduce my little frizzies and just weighed my hair down. I think my hair may just be too coarse and porous for this heavy product.

It does smell lovely, but so does the Creme of Nature Argan Oil Spray that was less than half the price and works better than this serum.

The packaging looks cool, but it's annoying to have to dump it out into my palm before use. I'd prefer a pump or even a cap with a flip top and a smaller opening to reduce the speed/flow. For this price, I'd just go with the Josie Maran pure argan oil, rather than this watered-down, falsely-labeled slime.

Overall, a big fat waste of money. Well, not really... I ended up giving the bottle to my friend for her birthday since she loves it so much.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by DupeCity

Silicones are the reason this product is disliked by some, despite the amazing results it yields. It gives my very processed blonde hair lustre, bounce, slip and a great smell. I tried other silicone-based products and nothing works like MO.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 4:58:00 AM More reviews by kisforkristina

The best argan oil treatment out there. There are dozens of knock offs but this is by far the best smelling and has the highest ratio of argan oil to silicone fillers. All the knockoffs are mostly various silicones with a drop of the argan oil and don't absorb as well as this.
The only downside to this product is that it is rarely sold with a small pump. The regular twist-off cap makes you use a lot more of the oil than you really need, but the bottles that come with a pump are perfect.