Chloe Chloe (EDP)

4.2

on 1/4/2011 8:27:00 PM

My new favorite! I used the Lagerfeld Chloe back in the 80s, I don't remember the scent, but I know I would buy bottles of it, so I definitely liked it, but from what I have read this new version is much different. I just love this new Chloe scent. The EDP is THE best. I did try the "Intense" version but it dried down to a powdery scent on me, which I did not like at all. The EDP is absolutely divine. Makes me want to day dream. Like another reviewer said, it smells like "roses sprinkled with peppercorns." It's true!! I love the hint of pepper, but curious that it's not listed in the notes. Hmmmmm. If you want a new feminine fragrance definitely try this.

I smelled this on a friend + decided I adored it. After sampling hers, figuring out that it worked with my body chemistry, I was so excited. It smells divine. I can pick out amber, rose and orange notes (there are more, I'm just unskilled).

Try it in store. Look around online for the best prices. I feel: classy when I wear it!

on 12/19/2010 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I work in a shop and whenever a customer comes in wearing this, I can still smell it long after they leave. It's intoxicating and just plain beautiful. It smells like a bouquet of roses sprinkled with peppercorns! I finally got my own bottle (after saving - it aint cheap) and I'm impressed with how long this wears. In winter the scent would linger in my scarf for days and days so I believe it's well worth the cost.

on 12/12/2010 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love the smell, unfortunately it doesn't last long on your skin (it does on your clothes). I've bought this perfume for the 2nd time now. Would definitely purchase it again - just bring it with you on a long day because it doesn't lasts long enough ;)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Purchased this for myself the other day in one of the gift packs that are currently selling in time for Christmas after falling in love with the fragrance. It's so very refreshing and unique, beautiful to wear and simple not overpowering. The bottle is gorgeous and the scent has good lasting power on me. Will definitely be repurchasing!

I got this after reading good reviews about the scent and long-lasting power. I'm no fragrance connoisseur but despite its unique clean scent with a hint of flowers, it doesn't really last that long on my skin. On clothes, I can still detect a whiff after 8 hours. It still loses out to Chanel's Chance Eau Tendre, which is a mere EDT. Won't repurchase.

on 11/29/2010 3:07:00 AM

This review is for the Eau de Parfum (EDP) version. The EDP version is very potent. I was interested in this perfume last year but never actually bought it so I sprayed myself once on the wrist and my clothing to make sure it would be good for my body chemistry. The scent on my clothing lasted for maybe 2 weeks!!! The scent lingered and every day I would love the smell. I think that the scent is beautiful, however, it does remind me of a similar scent. I believe that it smells like a baby cologne made in the Philippines, but I am not too sure. If I ever figure it out that would be great because who wouldn't wanna save some money nowadays for a Chloe dupe (not the cheapest scent out there for every day)! The cost is probably worth it since most perfumes do not last that long. I also put some behind my ears and on my chest using a small sample and that lasted throughout the day, but I didn't use as much. I think I love the dry down and the lingering smell of Chloe or maybe I like the scent that gradually fades. Too much gives me a headache but I usually get headaches with many floral perfumes. I love some of the notes especially peony, freesia, and lychee.

on 11/28/2010 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I knew this would get some really harsh reviews because it's a very unique fragrance, and I think you're either going to love it or hate it. I think it's the lychee and the cedar. Anyway, I love it. I love it because it doesn't smell like anything else out there right now, it's slightly green, slightly spicy and a little floral, very well blended and smooth. It makes me feel like I have eclectic but impeccable taste. It also has excellent staying power. I would give it 10 lippies if I could for not being a gourmand, floriental or a fruity floral. Worth the price, but try before you buy.

on 11/27/2010 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am not a perfume connoisseur. What I do know is that I hate and I mean hate fruity scents. It totally clashes with my body chemistry. But this, CHLOE is the best stuff ever!!!!! I agree with everyone here, it just smells like CLASS, not trash. :-)

on 11/20/2010 12:59:00 AM

Oh Chloe'...let me count the ways, how I love thee. I want to firstly say that I don't have a sophisticated perfume nose at all, and I cannot ever pick out notes. The only thing I know is "mmm, this smells good." However, Chloe' is totally different, I can smell each and every note with this heavenly scents, it's my signature fragrance and an HG. I will cry if this perfume is ever discontinued. I have the EDP version, the body creme, and the shower gel, I use all 3 the days I really want to the scent to last all day, and when I do this..it lasts 12+ hours. The top notes are listed as: peony, fressia, and lychee, mid notes: rose, lily of the valley, and magnolia, the base notes: amber and Virginia cedar. This perfume explodes onto the skin as this floral burst, I can detect the rose and peony right away. Then next I smell the sweet lychee fruit and the fressia, magnolia is there but a bit faint. As the drying occurs, I get the extremely comforting amber and cedar. (btw, I've figured out that I absolutely freaking love amber). This scent also incites an emotional response out of me, it just smells special. The best way I can describe it is that it takes me to back when I was a little girl and I remember being with my Grandma and Great Grandma, it makes me remember very fond memories of my early childhood. Now don't think because this fragrance makes me think of my Grandma that it smells "old ladyish" in ANY form. This is NOT a powerful aldehyde scent at all, it's just something fond and magical to me. This perfume actually calms me and comforts me. I've never been in love with a scent before, but I am absolutely obsessed with this perfume and smell. I guess my body chemistry works amazingly well with this perfume because I get at least 1 compliment when I wear this, and as many as 10 in one day. Men in particular have loved this smell on me. I just bought the Intense version of this perfume, and while it is exceptionally nice, it doesn't hold the special place in my heart as the EDP. The only downside is price, but honestly I don't care. I can see myself wearing a creme colored soft cashmere sweater in this, and being at a warm party, it's just a classy smell for me. I am NEVER like this over a smell, so I know this one is truly special to me. I encourage everyone to at least sniff this, just once.

Popular Fragrances