April 16, 2014 | 1923 users online

Concealers - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by LOLAchicbohemian

This has been my favorite concealer for years. I wear 715 medium however it is a little dark if Im not tan, so I first wear a Neutrogena lighter one as a base that also helps with moisture, this way my CG just glides over it to give me the perfect coverage. I truly love this little stick, however, I have recently found a mineral powder concealer by Maybelline that is my perfect match and I dont have to wear anything else, so I actually switch for convenience and its the only reason Im giving it a 4 instead of a 5.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by juicyyyyxd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOOVE this product, super easy to apply;
its KINDA hard to blend, if you don't blend in a lot cz you'll get the streak's - but it does last all day. <3

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have always purchased liquid versions of concealers, but I was curious to try a cream stick as I have heard many great reviews. I purchased the " neutralizer" and it blends beautifully, effortlessly, and matches my complexion (MAC NC15) flawlessly!!! It provided a decent medium coverage, but disappointed as I noticed it started to crease and cake up on me after a few hours.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 4:54:00 AM More reviews by xAlleGegenAlle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG concealer. It's the only cake/stick concealer I've been able to find that matches my skin (I use the "neautralizer" shade). This concealer is very creamy and thick and gives good coverage but it does have a tendancy to slide off if you have extremely oily skin or if it's very hot and humid. Usually I can prevent this by using a small eyeshadow brush to sort of "pack" some loose transluscent powder over the concealer, but I carry it with me for touch ups just in case. This also makes a great eyeshadow base if you apply a thin layer over your eyelid.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2009 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Katwoman141

This is my Fave product ever! I have allergies and have puffy eyes. I dab this into the circle area and set it with cover girl powder, all darkness, puffiness gone! woooo!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by libby1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

In general this is good stuff as it is smooth, easy to carry and use, easy to blend out so you use less product but it is so creamy in consistency that you can't carry it in the heat unless you're headed right for the AC indoors. It also requires touch-ups and doesn't do well with big red or whitehead zits (you'll need heavy duty with that problem) and oh, sometimes while digging through my purse blindly I will pick it up and pull it out thinking it's a lipstick or lipbalm. Not a pretty look (lol). I hope this helps someone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2009 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Tessa6996

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love CG smoothers concealer, I like using this product to get rid or redness underneath my nose and chin. It's got a great coverage and it never clogged up any of my pores. I would definitely recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by alicatgirl93

Hm... I've tried both the Maybelline and Almay versions of this concealer, and I have to say that I prefer those to this. This concealer is very creamy and thick to the point of feeling almost oily. In addition, its smell was somewhat strong - while it did fade away after it was blended into your skin, the plastic-y smell was unpleasant. In addition, in the Summer the concealer began to sweat and melt and became really gross, which has not happened with the other brands. While this product is okay (it gets the job done), I personally didn't like it as much. Finally, I think that it aggravated my skin, which is already oily and acne prone. While this concealer does give thick coverage, I recommend checking out the Maybelline version of the stick concealer, which gives a more natural coverage.
Hope I helped!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Plagueofhamsters

Pretty nice concealer. Good for acne scarring and red spots. It goes on smooth ((hence the name!)), wears long, and doesn't get cakey. It's not so good on blemishes themselves or undereye circles, but it's definitely worth everything else.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2009 12:54:00 PM More reviews by dromano2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this concealer for a couple years now and I have only recently realized that I should find something new. I personally do not like liquid concealers because I don't think they cover very adequately, but this stick concealer is a little too cakey to work well. Blending is very difficult and I find that it still isn't quite enough to cover my dark under-eye circles. Plus, when I try to use more to cover them, the concealer prominently shows lines under my eyes and appears cakes up. I don't have major acne but it covers my problem areas fairly well though it often shows up a little too yellow. I guess I need to find a new concealer that can do the job I need it to.