Cover Girl CG Smoothers Concealer

3.7

Squalane, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Triisocetyl Citrate, Trimethicone, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Ozokerite, Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, C10 18 Triglycerides, Propylparaben, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, May Contain ( /-): Mica 6/2/09

on 6/28/2009 11:43:00 PM

I actually used my sister's (ahah, don't tell her). WOW. this is amazing! So creamy, and not heavy at all. This would be great as a nude lipstick too!
There aren't many shades to choose from, and the light ones are pretty much all on the pink undertone side. That is the only downfall.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am so picky about concealer-- as a PPP with yellow undertones I so often face shades called "fair" or "light," which are decidedly too pink for my complexion. CG Smoothers concealer in Light is about as a close a match as I could hope for. It's a great little drugstore concealer-- I've put aside my $35 tube of Lancome Effacernes because this blends so much more easily and lasts just as long!

You can't get more "swipe and go" than this product. I can even put it under my eyes and on blemishes without looking in a mirror, because it covers opaquely and blends easily. The surprise for me is how long it lasts! I would have thought such a creamy-textured stick would settle into fine lines or melt away in a few hours. This formula is fantastic-- it seems to "set" into a budge-proof finish that lasts all day and looks truly undetectable.

on 6/1/2009 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am impressed with this concealer. I bought the Neutralizer color and it works very well in covering the veins and blood vessels around my eyes. It's creamy, but opaque and I like it as an eyeshadow base, as well. This is a steal at $5 USD. I've spent 5 times that amount on dept store brands that didn't work nearly as well.

on 5/30/2009 7:53:00 PM

I got two shades that approximated mine because there was a sale, but both were horrible with my Asian coloring. I was, however, pleased with how blendable they both were and its consistency.

Should anyone want mine in "fair" I'm more than happy to part with it. Used once, with a brush.

on 5/26/2009 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really like this concealer. Even though this is for drier skin types ( I am oily), it is still great to use around the eye area and on the lips to neutralize your natural lip pigment. Since this is a creamier formula, it doesn't dry out the skin under my eyes and settle in fine lines nor does it dry out my lips. I also use this as a base for my eyeshadow. I use Medium for my NC35 skin tone. It blends into my skin flawlessly. I don't use a concealer to cover blemishes or use it period on my face except for my eyes and lips so I opted for a creamier formula but with decent staying power. I apply it after foundation and than set it with powder. Works wonderfully!

on 5/7/2009 3:43:00 PM

I have used many concealers before and believe me - this is a good concealer in price and quality. I think it provides very good coverage and it glides on literally. I use it as an undereye concealer and it does the trick. But, you may need to apply throughout the day. It doesn't lasts as long as the more expensive brands but it does provide good coverage, doesn't cake or crease, and it is so smooth on the skin. I'm not crazy about CG but they did the job this time.

This has been my favorite concealer for years. I wear 715 medium however it is a little dark if Im not tan, so I first wear a Neutrogena lighter one as a base that also helps with moisture, this way my CG just glides over it to give me the perfect coverage. I truly love this little stick, however, I have recently found a mineral powder concealer by Maybelline that is my perfect match and I dont have to wear anything else, so I actually switch for convenience and its the only reason Im giving it a 4 instead of a 5.

on 4/7/2009 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

LOOVE this product, super easy to apply;
its KINDA hard to blend, if you don't blend in a lot cz you'll get the streak's - but it does last all day. <3

on 4/5/2009 2:46:00 PM

I have always purchased liquid versions of concealers, but I was curious to try a cream stick as I have heard many great reviews. I purchased the " neutralizer" and it blends beautifully, effortlessly, and matches my complexion (MAC NC15) flawlessly!!! It provided a decent medium coverage, but disappointed as I noticed it started to crease and cake up on me after a few hours.

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is my HG concealer. It's the only cake/stick concealer I've been able to find that matches my skin (I use the "neautralizer" shade). This concealer is very creamy and thick and gives good coverage but it does have a tendancy to slide off if you have extremely oily skin or if it's very hot and humid. Usually I can prevent this by using a small eyeshadow brush to sort of "pack" some loose transluscent powder over the concealer, but I carry it with me for touch ups just in case. This also makes a great eyeshadow base if you apply a thin layer over your eyelid.

Video Reviews & Tutorials