Cover Girl CG Smoothers Concealer

3.7

Squalane, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Triisocetyl Citrate, Trimethicone, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Ozokerite, Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, C10 18 Triglycerides, Propylparaben, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, May Contain ( /-): Mica 6/2/09

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stick is truly magic. I love it, I really do. It glides on nicely, smoothes easily, lasts all day long on my face, and covers acne, acne scars, and uneven complexions perfectly. I sometimes even put a little on my lips to get rid of how red my lips are naturally. I will admit that it fades off my lips and looks kinda gross after about 2 hours or so, but comon people, this is foundation, we can't expect miracles for $5, but this comes very close. Definite HG. Carry it everywhere.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I Put it on before school and by 5th period it's faded . Doesn't even cover up anything dude , i think its best to buy something a little more high quality. It Kinda sucks but it covers up my sisters acne scars and tad dark circles so maybe its diffrent for everyone.

As I have really dark under-eye circles I'm always looking for a new great concealer at a pretty decent price. I was pleasantly surprised with this Cover Girl one. I found a shade that matched me pretty well and I find if I "pat" the concealer onto my spots it gives pretty good coverage and lasts for awhile. Unfortunately in the summer my skin is pretty oily and it slides off some of the spots that I've concealed.

I like that it lasts long under my eyes and doesn't crease or flake. Definately smooth and moisturizing enough for the under-eye area!

This is one of the better drugstore concealers I've tried. I'd try it again if I didn't move on to something else, like BeneFIT's boi-ing concealer (which I've been dying to try).

Pricing: I think it was around $3, so pretty cheap with a fair bit of product!

Packaging: The packaging is cute, in a tube much like a lipstick, so you can twist it up, swipe it on and blend! The only thing I'd be worried about is the stick breaking off because it's so moist (especially in the summer...)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought it to keep it at my desk in case of "emergencies" or when I forget my regular products. It's pretty much what I expected from CG - cheap, poor pigmentation, cakey. You might like this if this is your first concealer... However, if you think this is good, then you will be amazed what actually good concealers can do! Like Clinique All About Eyes or Too Faced Herbal Eye concealer.

I dont see why anyone would buy CG as their regular concealer. It is a waste of money.

I was seriously on a hunt for the best drugstore under eye concealers. I found my holy grail. This is it! And trust me, I been around and still none was good for me except this one. I LOVE IT!! It's creamy, glides on, not too thick. It's perfect!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This used to be my favorite concealer for years when i didnt know any better. I used to wear 715 medium however it was a little dark if Im not tan, so I first used to wear a Neutrogena lighter one as a base that also helps with moisture, this way my CG just glided over it to give me the perfect coverage. I truly loved this little stick, however, I have recently found Maybelline Instant age rewind that is my perfect match and doesnt crease and I dont have to wear anything else. I also love BB corrector.

I actually used my sister's (ahah, don't tell her). WOW. this is amazing! So creamy, and not heavy at all. This would be great as a nude lipstick too!
There aren't many shades to choose from, and the light ones are pretty much all on the pink undertone side. That is the only downfall.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am so picky about concealer-- as a PPP with yellow undertones I so often face shades called "fair" or "light," which are decidedly too pink for my complexion. CG Smoothers concealer in Light is about as a close a match as I could hope for. It's a great little drugstore concealer-- I've put aside my $35 tube of Lancome Effacernes because this blends so much more easily and lasts just as long!

You can't get more "swipe and go" than this product. I can even put it under my eyes and on blemishes without looking in a mirror, because it covers opaquely and blends easily. The surprise for me is how long it lasts! I would have thought such a creamy-textured stick would settle into fine lines or melt away in a few hours. This formula is fantastic-- it seems to "set" into a budge-proof finish that lasts all day and looks truly undetectable.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am impressed with this concealer. I bought the Neutralizer color and it works very well in covering the veins and blood vessels around my eyes. It's creamy, but opaque and I like it as an eyeshadow base, as well. This is a steal at $5 USD. I've spent 5 times that amount on dept store brands that didn't work nearly as well.

I got two shades that approximated mine because there was a sale, but both were horrible with my Asian coloring. I was, however, pleased with how blendable they both were and its consistency.

Should anyone want mine in "fair" I'm more than happy to part with it. Used once, with a brush.

Video Reviews & Tutorials