November 23, 2014 | 940 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by caitlincoulthard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This was my HG pressed powder for 2 or 3 years.
However I found one with more coverage (and WAAAAY more expensive :( So now I use this for touchups because I don't want to waste my other one.

PROS:
Great coverage.
Nice large mirror.
Finely milled, nice silky feel.
ALMOST powder, as in it's silky, almost creme-like,

CONS:
Poor packaging.
Can look cakey if you use the sponge included.

Overall, this product is great. It covers up any of my redness, and is great for touchups throughout the day. As I said before, this was my HG pressed powder for 2 years or so. I used it with my EcoTools powder brush, and the coverage was amazing. But I expected the packaging to be better. The pan actually fell out of the compact. (Sure, I just put in a magnetic strip and it was fine, but still.) At $23 it's a hellofalot cheaper than my new HG Chanel Poudre Universelle Compacte. I will repurchase because of it's cheap price, silky texture, and staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by lena88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

best powder i have ever tired. it comes in a small compact which is still in good shape considering i have brought it everywhere. the little sponge it comes with is the perfect applicator for the makeup. it is not enough on its own, but it is my perfect powder to put over foundation because it just gets rid of my shine without making me feel like i am covered in powder,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by goldee

I don't use this as a foundation, because I need much more coverage than this alone can provide. I use it to set my foundation and give me even more coverage. It does not look cakey and keeps my skin matte. I hope they never discontinue it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by bravemary

I love my Bobbi Brown Luminous Foundation, but live in a humid hot area and wanted somehing quicker to put on. This is great. I use some concealer under and get a fantastic finish. It lasts all day, although I have not tested it in the summer. The great thing about this makeup is it you need a touch up, its simple without redoing your entire face. I put it on with a brush, not anything special, like a smallish blush brush. then after I am done I spray my face with the Clinique moisturizing spray. Not very moisturizing but it feels great. This foundation does notmake my face itch like MAC did. I love it. I hadn't used Clinique in about 10 years, but this is worth going for.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by brianadecaro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is just OK for me. I bough it after reading reviews here stating it had good coverage but was natural looking. I do agree that the coverage is very good, but it is a little cakey; especially so if applied with the sponge they give you. I was recently in Cabo and wore this by the pool over my sunscreen for a little extra boost because of its SPF 15 factor. I was surprised that this stayed on my skin even after taking a quick dip or two in the pool. So, the coverage is good, and it's long lasting, but this is not an absolute slam dunk for me. It has talc in it, which I was aware of when purchasing, so it's not the best for my face. Talc tends to clog me up - but it's in EVERYTHING! I still use it occasionally when I want something with a little more coverage, like if I'm going out at night, but generally, it just sits in my makeup case. I've since gone back to my Smashbox Halo, which doesn't give the coverage this does, but is ultimately better for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by rosie11

I have so many problems with foundations and have tried so, so many. Mostly liquids as I like their smooth, dewy coverage. But they do tend to slip and take a while to blend etc. We got a sample of this at work and as the palest in the office (it was an 01 VF) it got given to me. Having a massive breakout at the time, I was on Roaccutane and my skin was a mess. By the 'almost' in its name, I really didn't think this would provide enough coverage - but amazingly, it did! It smoothed on beautifully and covered most of my spots without concealer. It was all I used when my skin was bad and it was a bit of a godsend. it covers my large, open pores better than any liquid and stays put all day. I feel confident about not needing touch ups when I use this. It's also good in humidity. I am really pale and the shade 01 is perfect. It doesn't work great beneath eyes, which isn't surprising as a powder, so still need concealer there. Highly recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by vnyan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's a great powder--high-quality, creamy, natural-looking, prettily packaged--that lasts many months. But I couldn't wear it in the summer because the slightest sweat melted it off and left streaks and patches! It's just a powder, so that probably can't be helped. So if you're like me and get sweaty easily, this is probably not the best choice. I switched to the Clinique Almost Makeup liquid, which is waterproof, and have been happy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by kamwmu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been looking for a powder foundation for my combination skin for a LONG time...this isn't my HG but it is close. The color is great- does not turn orange. I am using Fair & it blends perfectly. I took one lippy off because I find it does not control shine super well & I have to touch up in the afternoon. I will definitely repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by momolhasa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in 04 Neutral.It provides a light coverage. It would look cakey if I try to build it up. I have oily skin, and I find this would only last for about 3 hours, before I have to reapply. If I just happen to scratch or blot or wipe my face for some reason, it comes off easily. That said, it doesn't break me out, but I wouldn't recommend it for oily skin. I'm about to finish my first compact and won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by megnut123

Love this ! looks super natural great for summer!