September 2, 2014 | 1787 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by rosie11

I have so many problems with foundations and have tried so, so many. Mostly liquids as I like their smooth, dewy coverage. But they do tend to slip and take a while to blend etc. We got a sample of this at work and as the palest in the office (it was an 01 VF) it got given to me. Having a massive breakout at the time, I was on Roaccutane and my skin was a mess. By the 'almost' in its name, I really didn't think this would provide enough coverage - but amazingly, it did! It smoothed on beautifully and covered most of my spots without concealer. It was all I used when my skin was bad and it was a bit of a godsend. it covers my large, open pores better than any liquid and stays put all day. I feel confident about not needing touch ups when I use this. It's also good in humidity. I am really pale and the shade 01 is perfect. It doesn't work great beneath eyes, which isn't surprising as a powder, so still need concealer there. Highly recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by vnyan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's a great powder--high-quality, creamy, natural-looking, prettily packaged--that lasts many months. But I couldn't wear it in the summer because the slightest sweat melted it off and left streaks and patches! It's just a powder, so that probably can't be helped. So if you're like me and get sweaty easily, this is probably not the best choice. I switched to the Clinique Almost Makeup liquid, which is waterproof, and have been happy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by kamwmu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been looking for a powder foundation for my combination skin for a LONG time...this isn't my HG but it is close. The color is great- does not turn orange. I am using Fair & it blends perfectly. I took one lippy off because I find it does not control shine super well & I have to touch up in the afternoon. I will definitely repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by momolhasa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in 04 Neutral.It provides a light coverage. It would look cakey if I try to build it up. I have oily skin, and I find this would only last for about 3 hours, before I have to reapply. If I just happen to scratch or blot or wipe my face for some reason, it comes off easily. That said, it doesn't break me out, but I wouldn't recommend it for oily skin. I'm about to finish my first compact and won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by megnut123

Love this ! looks super natural great for summer!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by yunnyunn

Lately, I am looking for a mu that is super duper easy, kinda a one stop for all: decent (light-med) coverage, no perfurm, at least SPF 15, easy/quick to apply, and matifying. 'Cause my body is going thru some major changes that I am tired all the time, where I'm even losing the energy to do my mu, which had never happened in the past. So instead of doing the whole mu routine in the morning, I need something that does it all for me. Anyway, this powder mu almost meet all my expectation. No, it doesn't have any oil control capability, which I don't think it said it does, so I would expect to blot after a few hours. When first apply, this feels really creamy, not powdery at all. I agree with other reviews, I do not like the Clinique sponge either, but I do like sponge application with this mu, so I use the Shiseido's sponge instead (Shiseido makes the best sponge). The cover is med. I do need a concealer to cover my dark circles and aged spots. But this works well to blur minor inperfections and even out skin tone. I'm NC25-30, and I use Light in this mu.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by heysie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in 04 Neutral (NC35 in MAC) and goes well with my skintone. I use this over my Benefit YouRebel SPF15 tinted moisturizer, but with a powder brush and not the sponge that comes with. I like that it provides light coverage, looks more natural. It doesn't look cakey or anything. It doesn't make me break out like the MAC Studio Fix Powder +Foundation. I simply love this powder foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by pregnantcowlady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this product! Love the spf factor and the coverage. I would recommend that you go to the counter and get the clinique specialist to match the shades for you and/or try them yourself before you buy. My specialist went through 3 shades before we found the matching color, but it looks flawless! Use a brush, not the sponge. And it can be cakey if you apply too much, but good for a little foundation over liquid or over a moisturizer. Just don't use too much! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by spadaforagirl

Feels great. I don't break out. Even works with my liquid foundation in afternoon touch up time w/o looking over-done. Hate the sponge, (you have to use a brush!) and the powder gets all over the mirror and I have done everything I can to avoid that. LOVE the SPF factor!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by EIGNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in neutral fair which is a good match for me. Light coverage that holds up pretty well throughout the day. Would prefer a second chamber for the sponge. Might repurchase, unless I find something better.