July 25, 2014 | 1704 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by momolhasa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in 04 Neutral.It provides a light coverage. It would look cakey if I try to build it up. I have oily skin, and I find this would only last for about 3 hours, before I have to reapply. If I just happen to scratch or blot or wipe my face for some reason, it comes off easily. That said, it doesn't break me out, but I wouldn't recommend it for oily skin. I'm about to finish my first compact and won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by megnut123

Love this ! looks super natural great for summer!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by yunnyunn

Lately, I am looking for a mu that is super duper easy, kinda a one stop for all: decent (light-med) coverage, no perfurm, at least SPF 15, easy/quick to apply, and matifying. 'Cause my body is going thru some major changes that I am tired all the time, where I'm even losing the energy to do my mu, which had never happened in the past. So instead of doing the whole mu routine in the morning, I need something that does it all for me. Anyway, this powder mu almost meet all my expectation. No, it doesn't have any oil control capability, which I don't think it said it does, so I would expect to blot after a few hours. When first apply, this feels really creamy, not powdery at all. I agree with other reviews, I do not like the Clinique sponge either, but I do like sponge application with this mu, so I use the Shiseido's sponge instead (Shiseido makes the best sponge). The cover is med. I do need a concealer to cover my dark circles and aged spots. But this works well to blur minor inperfections and even out skin tone. I'm NC25-30, and I use Light in this mu.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by heysie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in 04 Neutral (NC35 in MAC) and goes well with my skintone. I use this over my Benefit YouRebel SPF15 tinted moisturizer, but with a powder brush and not the sponge that comes with. I like that it provides light coverage, looks more natural. It doesn't look cakey or anything. It doesn't make me break out like the MAC Studio Fix Powder +Foundation. I simply love this powder foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by pregnantcowlady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this product! Love the spf factor and the coverage. I would recommend that you go to the counter and get the clinique specialist to match the shades for you and/or try them yourself before you buy. My specialist went through 3 shades before we found the matching color, but it looks flawless! Use a brush, not the sponge. And it can be cakey if you apply too much, but good for a little foundation over liquid or over a moisturizer. Just don't use too much! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by spadaforagirl

Feels great. I don't break out. Even works with my liquid foundation in afternoon touch up time w/o looking over-done. Hate the sponge, (you have to use a brush!) and the powder gets all over the mirror and I have done everything I can to avoid that. LOVE the SPF factor!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by EIGNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in neutral fair which is a good match for me. Light coverage that holds up pretty well throughout the day. Would prefer a second chamber for the sponge. Might repurchase, unless I find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by shopaholic12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a huge Clinique fan, and this foundation is great for younger skin! I am 15 years old, so I have breakouts a lot, dark circles from genetics and lac of sleep, and redness around my nose. When I use my All About Eyes Concealer underneath the Almost Powder makeup, my skin looks absolutely flawless! I get tons of compliments.

It doesn't clog pores or worsen breakouts (Clinqiue products are for sensitive skin, though, I think). Just a thin layer of this covers all day. My T-zone is very oily, though, so I need to reapply there some days, but not all of the time. It's good for dry-ish skinbecause it doesn't worsen it, just conceals the redness. The only thing it does I don't like is makes dry skin flakes so much more noticable; but before applying, just use a good mositurizing scrub, and slather on some good lotion, and it's fixed in no time!

It's a nice, sheer-feeling powder with great cverage! I'd say this is for people with acne, younger skin, sesitive skin, or who wants sheer skin.

My mother, however, uses SuperpowderDouble face Makeup. She's in her late 40's, and it doesn't cake or settle into wrinkles. She loves it, none of the foundations I've used from Clinique are cake-y. I've had a great experience, so give it a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by veggiebetty

I've used Clinique Almost Powder on days when my skin is more oily, more dry, and somewhat normal, and I just can't seem to get anything but an unnatural, caked-on look. The coverage is moderate to heavy - not at all light like I'd expected. It tends to emphasize dry spots and although it has mattifying properties, it ends up looking too matte and powdery on oily skin. But maybe it'll work for those lucky folks with normal skin types.
Even though it didn't work well for me, I gave it an extra lippie because I contacted a Clinique representative who told me there are no animal-derived products in this powder and I can appreciate the vegan ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 6:37:00 PM More reviews by clouds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For almost 3 years now, this has been my daily foundation and my skin just loves it. I love the coverage - it's buildable and natural appearing, never looks powdery as it just blends nicely into the skin. The shade "Light" is just right for me. For reference, I'm an NC or C30, 120 in MUFE HD, asian with light skin and yellow undertones.