October 25, 2014 | 1663 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by KungPowKitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite eyebrow pencil. It's a bright green tube so its easy to find in my mess of a makeup box. The small tip makes it easy to fill in the narrow ends of my brow and the product goes on not to dark, not to light. I love how it has the comb attached to the end, and the colors stays on all day. The only complaint I have is that sometimes when a buy a new pencil the and I try to twist it up, it just crumbles off. That's a bummer, but It rarely happens. Also, I used to get it in Soft Black, but I can't find that color in any store I go to anymore, including Amazon! I've had to choose other brands since then and I hate them all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I've been paying for MAC all these years - while all the while, there was the far more accessible, less expensive Maybelline sitting there at several nearby drugstores!

Without a tester, however, it's not quick and easy to find your match. I wear MAC Spiked, and thought that Dark Brown in the Maybelline would be too dark, so I bought Medium. While I liked Medium enough, my hair is quite dark right now, and I've switched to Dark Brown, which really isn't frighteningly dark at all. In fact, I think Dark Brown is closer to Spiked than Medium.

If I were given the two products - Maybelline's and MAC's - side by side, unmarked, in similar tubes, I doubt I'd be able to tell the difference. What I like more about Maybelline's though is the accompanying brow comb. I never thought I'd use it, but I quite like it, as my brows, while sparse, can be sometimes unruly.

About $7 CAD at Walmart, $9 at drugstores.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by bubbles321236

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Green

My only brow pencil it is by far my favorite has been for years.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been looking for a brow pencil for a while. This fits the bill. It has a fine tip, which allows me to draw light, delicate strokes. It goes on creamy and smooth, but it stays in place all day (yay!). I have dark brown hair, so I chose the dark brown pencil---and this is a perfect match for me. This goes on a neutral, deep chocolate color. On me there are no auburn, brassy, or red tones. I cannot tell how much product is left in my pencil so I guess I should start carrying a backup. And I would prefer the spoolie on the end instead of the comb. But these things are minor and I plan to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by kimk89

Amazing so far!! i just started using this about 2 weeks ago after i colored my hair back to black. I'm so happy i finally found a dark brown eyebrow pencil with no reddish tint and its just perfect to match my new dark hair. I also love how it is not too brown! Most pencils ive encountered are either too brown, or too black, or have a reddish tint in it. For a drugstore brand eyebrow pencil, this does wonders and it LASTS ALL DAY! Definately a must have if you are looking for something to suit super dark hair :) The ONLY thing i do not like is you cant tell how much of the pencil is left since its the twisty kind....which is what im worried about. It seems like its gonna run out fast though because everyday i need to twist a lil bit up. So be sure to buy a back up in case it runs out on you one day!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2011 6:36:00 AM More reviews by BiteMeEricNorthman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I switched to this after Maybelline discontinued the Expert Eyes Twin Eyebrow pencils in blonde. That was my HG.
Define-A-Brow is a perfect color match to the old Expert Eyes pencil, however, my major criticism is that I go through this product rather quickly. The pencils used to last me FOREVER. I always have an unopened one waiting since it's impossible to know when I'll run out.
The color is perfect, however - no red at all in the blonde pencil, which is nice. Staying power is great too.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2011 5:25:00 AM More reviews by CrisM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a fan of this product for the following reasons:
-Thin application
-Color
-Long wearing

I purchased this product after getting tired of dealing with the two step processes of a brow wax and shadow routine. I was a bit skeptical about going back to a pencil but this product is very easy to use. Instead of getting that drawn on look you would normally get with your average eyebrow pencil, the tip of this 'pencil' is very fine that you are able to mimic the look of hair with light strokes. Don't get me wrong, if you have a heavy hand when using this product you will get that same drawn on look so please keep that in mind.

I have dark brown/black hair and the color of this product is great. It's not so dark that it looks fake or drawn on but it compliments the natural color of my brows. It's also not a weird tone of dark brown (something I've run into before with other brow pencils) that peaks through the black hairs in my brows giving it a streaky look. It seems to color match itself to my hair color and I appreciate that. =)

The lasting power of this product is rather impressive. I have substantial eyebrows but I do need to fill in some spots to give them a more uniform look as well as draw on a bit of a tail as they are shorter than I feel they should be. I also sweat a lot and I've noticed that even on the hottest and most active of my days I still have two gorgeous eyebrows even when all my makeup on my face has melted off! That to me is awesome and reason enough to repurchase! But all though the product stays put through perspiration I have no problems washing it off at the end of the night even with a less than awesome facial cleanser.

The only reason why I would not repurchase this item is because I am moving towards more natural (and eventually all organic) cosmetics.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by ucrgirl06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love it. Quite simply it does what I need, and I've been spending $14 for the MAC eyebrow pencil. I can buy 3 of these for that price. Also, I like the fact that it comes in a lot of colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by jenettd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Simple and effective. I have the dark brown one and the black and they both look natural on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by swthart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this eyebrow pencil. I purchased it in dark brown which works perfectly for me. It doesn't look harsh on my brows at all. I especially love how thin the pencil is. It makes filling them in look natural. I've already repurchased a backup. :)