July 31, 2014 | 1227 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by toplasestra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

EYEBROW ABUSERS AND OVER-TWEEZERS: THIS STUFF WORKS!!

Oh, how I wish I would've known about castor oil years ago...

When I was 12 or 13, I made the common mistake of over-tweezing my eyebrows. I only "shaped" them that one time and maybe occasionally plucked a stray hair every couple months or so in my teens (I'm in my 20's now). My brows never grew back... until I tried castor oil, that is!

I was starting to think that I would always be stuck with "tadpole brows", as I call them. I thought I would give this stuff a shot and I'm so glad I did. Not only are they growing back, the existing hair is thicker, longer and darker. It's only been about 2 1/2 months, but I seriously can't believe how much has grown. I never even knew I had brows like this! I can't wait to see how they look in a few more months :D

I've also been using this around my hairline on my neck and forehead. I'd always had tufts of hair on either side of my forehead and on the back of my neck that never grew. They never stayed slicked back in a ponytail and I hated how they would always stick straight up even after trying to smooth and spray them down. Now they brush back effortlessly into my ponytail.

Everyone's hair grows at different speeds (mine grows quickly), so be patient if yours grows a little slow. After all, it is just watching and waiting for hair to grow!

I just brush some on my brows every night before bed using an old cleaned-off mascara wand and leave it in overnight. For my hair, I massage it onto my hairline about twice a week before shampooing. I usually let it sit for at least a half hour, if I can.

Sorry about the long review, but I'm just so thrilled with my results and had to share! Maybe in a few weeks I'll post before and after pictures.

If you've been a brow-abuser or just want better looking brows than you have now, give this a shot. Seriously. It's beyond worth the $3 I spent on it at the drugstore :)

***EDIT***
I added a before and after shots of 2 months' results. Hopefully I'll have more to share in a few more! Please excuse the state of my eyebrows. I promised myself I wouldn't even touch them for while they're growing out, just to be safe :P

26 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I not only tried this on my lashes & brows but I tried it on my skin. It didn't seem to do anything for the hair on my face and made my skin break out in acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by kblack

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I researched this before trying, and saw that there is no scientific "proof" that castor oil does anything for lashes or brows. But enough reviews here encouraged me to try it. I have mature skin anyway and I figured some extra oil around the eye area couldn't hurt.

I've been using this most nights, dabbing a little bit on my upper lash line (I've tried it on the lower but that gets on my glasses I wear between taking contacts out and going to sleep).

As far as I can tell, it works. I have been using this for about six weeks. I check my lashes pretty carefully in a magnifying mirror when curling them and putting liner on my waterline.

They are definitely longer than when I started--I can tell they "hit" a higher part of my eyelid than they used to (you pay attention to minute changes when you get into your 50s because so many darn things do start changing!) I think there is more volume as well. I haven't seen much difference in my lower lashes but I don't fiddle with them as much.

It takes much less mascara (CG GreatLash) to get a nice, natural, MLBB look that it did before I started. I'm sold on the effectiveness even if it doesn't show significant results in the laboratory. A same-age friend of mine has also had the same results and agrees.

26 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by senoritasatan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff is amazing :) Just trust me!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by menacexofxvanity

this is definitely great! forget getting all those salon brands, this does the exact same thing and is way cheaper! what I did was mix it with warm water and added some coconut oil to even out the solution, then but a little in my wet hair and blow dried and straightened it. it turned out looking soft and shiny! I read some people used this before they washed their hair and I think I'll try that. but yeah this is definitely a keeper for chose who are interested in organic remedies!

EDIT: I know I gave this good reviews but I'm going to stop using the castor oil. yes it worked so good and it leaves my hair so soft, but it also takes forever for it to come off! I even diluted it with warm water and coconut oil like some of the other reviewers recommended, but it just leaves my hair greasy for the longest time. I even shampooed twice today and it's still not out (and trust me, I scrubbed till my scalp hurt) I guess I'll have to spend a little extra on high quality brands, especially since I just dyed my hair and the bleach wore out my hair a lot. I lowered the rating a little bit just because I'm upset that I thought it worked so good at first and now it's not the product I thought it was.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by MissKiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have just used castor oil for the first time. I mixed it with some peanut oil and left on my hair for about 2 hours then washed it off. When I was washing it off it felt disgusting but now that it's dry it's super soft. My hair usually goes all boofy and frizzy if I leave it to try naturally but it's really helped, it is just nice and wavy now! I didn't notice a particularly bad smell coming from it like others have mentioned. I'm going to keep using this as I hear it makes hair grow faster, will write a review later whether it actually does or not.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by jomckey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This oil has became a staple in my hair regime. it keeps my hair very soft. i have 4a/b hair type and this is the only thing i put on my scalp it promote grows, it adds shine and just cheap and great. i use the black jamiacan lavender because castrol oil ahs a scent i heard of but never smelt. it also used for eye lashes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using castor oil for about two months as an eyelash treatment - I emptied and cleaned a cheap mascara container, then filled it up with the oil. I apply it every night before I go to bed, I use a fairly generous amount to coat all my lashes.
After the first month, I noticed my lashes were longer, especially my lower lashes. I saw an extra line of lashes grow in, so my lash line is fuller in general. I haven't been as diligent about applying the oil lately, but my lashes still look good because obviously they won't fall out if you stop or anything. I'd imagine castor oil would work for eyebrows as well, but mine are thick enough on their own.
I'd recommend castor oil as a lash treatment to anyone looking for a fuller, longer lash line. It takes a some time to see lashes grow, like any other hair, but I think the results are worth it.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

There's a difference between the one that you buy at the drug store and Whole Foods version. The drug store brand smells stronger. The Jamaican version also smells smokier and stronger. The Whole Foods brand has a really mild scent to it but they all work the same and it's a really cheap natural product.
I use it straight at night all over my face and in the day mix a drop with a lot of Cetaphil for my body and Palmers Cocoa Butter for my face. It really moisturizes, prevents wrinkles and it also has anti bacterial properties. Look it up on the web to see the full benefits. Apparently they even used to use castor oil in Ancient Egypt!!
I use 2 parts castor oil mixed with 1 part pure coconut oil, 2 parts olive oil and 1 part pure shea butter on my hair after I wash/condition it. It eliminates the need for hair serum, moisturizer, or straightening cream and the castor oil mix makes the flat iron go smoothly through my hair and makes it straighter than anythng else I've ever tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by amarose

Wow! Great stuff. Haven't had any breakout issues. Personally, I use it as a bath oil 1x/week - 2 Tbs. oil, 20/30 min. My legs, which are usually a dry, flaky, ichy mess this time of year, look completely normal, and this is with only the baths - no xtra lotion/oil at all. I do use a lot just to make sure, so you may want to start out with less and work up - YMMV. After reading the reviews, I also started using a drop on my lashes before bed, and after a week or so, I can't believe how much better they look! The bottom ones are much longer & darker, and what was a bare spot now has 4-5 new lashes. Don't see that much of a difference in the uppers yet, but they feel much softer and seem stronger - they don't fall out when I take off my mascara at night anymore. My brows don't need any help in the growth dept., so I don't put oil there. :-) Definitely give it a whirl if you're on the fence - for the price, you can't beat it if it works.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No