January 26, 2015 | 965 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by dross12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

help! ive been using this on my eyelashes, and have had remarkable results in just a couple of weeks, but the eyelashes on my right eye are growing about 5x faster that the eyelashes on my left eye! im trying to remedy this by just concentrating on my left eye for a week but its insane, my right eyelashes grow so fast i can notice the difference the next morning, and my left ones need a couple of days before i see any change - has anyone else had this, or know why eyelashes could respond differently or be of different lengths??

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by hjjung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought my organic castor oil on iherb.com --- get $10 off of your first purchase using code YEW608!

WOW. I am a believer. I initially bought castor oil for oil-cleansing and I stumbled onto the reviews here. When I read the rave reviews on how it makes eyelashes grow, I scoffed and was skeptical. However, I've been using castor oil on my lashline every night before bed for almost 2 weeks and there is already dramatic results. You can definitely see the improvement when you apply mascara; I think my lashes grew about 3mm, which is a huge difference for eyelashes like mine. I have Asian monolids that seem to eat up my lashes and my eyelashes were almost nonexistent, so I am certainly really really excited to have found this particular benefit of castor oil. It makes eyelashes grow in places where there weren't before, and my lower lashes have lengthened and thickened. I will continue my use and update if there is more dramatic result.
----------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT (10/22/2011):: My lashes are continuing to grow and multiply. My sister who always made fun of my short lashes suddenly looked at me yesterday and said "your lashes look longer" and asked if I had changed my mascara! I am shocked that castor oil has not been proved scientifically for lash growth.. it's truly like Rogaine for lashes!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT (11/19/2011):: Still continuing to improve my lashes. I think my right lashes are growing faster than my left ones, so I am now just applying it every night on my left lashes. And get this ladies: I can curl my bottom lashes. wait, LOWER lashes?? YES! I flip my lash curler upside down and pinch on my lower lashes to curl them downwards, which gives a very dolly effect when you apply mascara. Like I mentioned above, I have (or used to have) very sparse, thin, short Asian eyelashes.. And having lower lashes long enough to curl them downwards is a miracle to me. Castor oil has also made me grow new lashes, and so I don't have to look for a volumizing mascara, because when I wear a volumizing mascara now, it looks like too many lashes... in a very good way. But personally, I like the look of clean, long lashes so I just wear a light coat of lengthening mascara. I've been getting lots of compliments on my lashes, which I never thought would happen. *cries with joy*

42 out of 45 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by shepmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using cold pressed all natural castor oil on my eyebrows. I had been having my eyebrows waxed and the salon overdid my brows. My normally nice full brows lost thier tailend. I have been using castor oil on my face for about a month and noticed my eyebrows are fuller and the tail end has come back. I gave up on it growing in full but now I have it back. I will not wax my brows again because those girls overdo it. If I tell them to just clean up the line they always overdo. Use castor oil and avoid high priced lines that make promises they cannot deliver. Also it is a little greasy but rub a tiny bit in. It will soak in before bedtime.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 8:33:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

I love this stuff. I use it for everything. Specifically, I use it mixed in my conditioner, mixed in baby oil that I apply over my skin after I get out of the shower, and I use a dime sized amount on my hair daily. It works wonders on dry skin and hair. I have also used it in my homemade body scrub. Castor oil is a must have for natural hair, and/or curly hair. It does have a woodsy scent to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by chimama

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using castor oil on my eyelashes, eyelids and the area around my eyes for about two years. It is a great humectant that keeps moisture in. If you apply it at night you will feel how moist the area around your eyes still is in the morning. Castor oil seems to help my eyelashes stay healthy and keeps them growing too. It is very inexpensive and the bottle will last you a long time. I keep some in a small bottle that I refill and the rest stays in the refrigerator.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by hpls

I had been overplucking my eyebrows for god knows how long.... around five years and eventually I was left with just the front half of my eyebrows (not a good look)! So I researched some ways to grow back my eyebrows and I was on the verge of buying some really expensive stuff when I read about this. It was so cheap and it's so great! Within a week, I could start to see hairs where there were none before. I honestly never thought that the hairs on the outer half of my eyebrows would grow back because I had plucked them so much. Now, seven months later, my brows are great! The outer half of my brows are still lighter than the inner half but at least they are there! All I need is to lightly brush on some brow powder and I'm good to go :)

Two days ago, I started using them on my lashes and I've got my fingers crossed!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by alishaf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This really worked for me!! I was actually a bit surprised! My brows are thicker and darker. I usually use it every other day. It didn't make me break out unlike some people, which I was worried about. It's really a great product that I will continue to use!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I tried this on my eyebrows and got a pimple.

However, it works wonderfully on my eyelashes. I used this based on reviews since I already had purchased castor oil to use as part of the OCM. I had lost a patch of eyelashes on each eye from an Estee Lauder mascara (Sumptuous). It's been 2-3 weeks and the patch of really short, tiny eyelashes has grown in to regular sized eyelashes. On my regular eyelashes, I can also notice that they have grown a bit as well. I can tell the difference when I'm putting on my mascara - they seem longer and I'm not missing that patch anymore! I always figured my eyelashes were soft anyways but I notice now that they are actually soft and conditioned.

I have a big bottle, so I tip it upside down to let some product touch the inside of the lid, hold it right side up and open the bottle. Then I use a Q-tip to get some product out of the lid (thicker than regular oil) and apply it like an eyeliner along my upper lash line, picking up more product as necessary, and then finally applying as you would a mascara, using the q-tip as a wand. I do this right before bed, as it can obstruct vision slightly. It doesn't burn eyes whatsoever (mine anyways). Definitely worth it if you are experiencing lash breakage/loss.

I should also mention that I didn't do it every single day, I skipped day(s) during the 2-3 weeks and it still worked wonderfully.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I've been using this on my lashes while I sleep for maybe a month now I'm not sure how long. At least 2-3 weeks. I have seen a tiny bit of results, but I'm going to keep using it to see if there will be more. I usually have sparse bottom lashes but now I see baby lashes growing in there, yay. They have gotten a teeny bit longer as well. And I think my top lashes have gotten a teeny bit longer as well on the outer edges.

I love the texture much more than olive or jojoba oils, it's thicker so it doesn't leak into your eyes. I use a small makeup brush to apply it on my top and bottom lash lines and on the lashes themselves.

It also helps to get rid of bits of eyeliner stuck between the lashes that's difficult to remove with makeup remover.

The difference in my lashes is probably not noticeable to the people around me but I would purchase again because of other uses it has.

edited to take off one lippie- didn't really do anything for my lashes, it doesn't get used anymore. will probably just mix with my shampoo when I finish my jojoba oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Chele05

If you want to thicken your brows, and maybe even your lashes, castor oil may be the answer! My mom had a cosmetic laser procedure go wrong which left her once thick brows extemely thin, sparse, and even with a couple of bald spots. My mom was devastated and desperate to fix them, so she was willing to spend money on a product that would make the hair grow back. While searching online for the best product, she came upon a forum about castor oil; I had a bottle at home, so I gave it to her to try. Within just a few days, her eyebrows were noticeably thicker! She has been applying the oil to her brows every night for a little over a week and it has definitely made a noticeable difference. My mom is extremely happy!

I don't believe it's just coincidence that her brows started growing back around the same time my mom started using this stuff; I honestly believe it is the castor oil that stimulated hair growth. It is incredible the amount of hair that grew within days, that had not grown in weeks. In fact, it seemed like my mom was losing brow hair prior to using the castor oil. My mom also became curious as to whether it would work on her lashes so she applied some to one of her eyes. When I visited her, she asked me to look at her eyes and tell her if I noticed anything; I noticed her left eye's lashes looked darker and thicker than her right eye. That's when she confessed she had put the oil on her left eye. So it works on lashes too! (Although my mom said she probably wouldn't continue to use it for her lashes because she's afraid to get an infection.)

Bottom line: Castor oil has worked miracles for my mom's brows. It's inexpensive, easily obtainable, and the fact it's safe to ingest may ease one's fears regarding safety. Definitely worth a try! Make castor oil your first option before you spend money on expensive products that may not even work. If castor oil doesn't work for you, at least it won't be a big loss.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No