December 20, 2014 | 1732 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by shepmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using cold pressed all natural castor oil on my eyebrows. I had been having my eyebrows waxed and the salon overdid my brows. My normally nice full brows lost thier tailend. I have been using castor oil on my face for about a month and noticed my eyebrows are fuller and the tail end has come back. I gave up on it growing in full but now I have it back. I will not wax my brows again because those girls overdo it. If I tell them to just clean up the line they always overdo. Use castor oil and avoid high priced lines that make promises they cannot deliver. Also it is a little greasy but rub a tiny bit in. It will soak in before bedtime.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 8:33:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

I love this stuff. I use it for everything. Specifically, I use it mixed in my conditioner, mixed in baby oil that I apply over my skin after I get out of the shower, and I use a dime sized amount on my hair daily. It works wonders on dry skin and hair. I have also used it in my homemade body scrub. Castor oil is a must have for natural hair, and/or curly hair. It does have a woodsy scent to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by chimama

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using castor oil on my eyelashes, eyelids and the area around my eyes for about two years. It is a great humectant that keeps moisture in. If you apply it at night you will feel how moist the area around your eyes still is in the morning. Castor oil seems to help my eyelashes stay healthy and keeps them growing too. It is very inexpensive and the bottle will last you a long time. I keep some in a small bottle that I refill and the rest stays in the refrigerator.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by hpls

I had been overplucking my eyebrows for god knows how long.... around five years and eventually I was left with just the front half of my eyebrows (not a good look)! So I researched some ways to grow back my eyebrows and I was on the verge of buying some really expensive stuff when I read about this. It was so cheap and it's so great! Within a week, I could start to see hairs where there were none before. I honestly never thought that the hairs on the outer half of my eyebrows would grow back because I had plucked them so much. Now, seven months later, my brows are great! The outer half of my brows are still lighter than the inner half but at least they are there! All I need is to lightly brush on some brow powder and I'm good to go :)

Two days ago, I started using them on my lashes and I've got my fingers crossed!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by alishaf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This really worked for me!! I was actually a bit surprised! My brows are thicker and darker. I usually use it every other day. It didn't make me break out unlike some people, which I was worried about. It's really a great product that I will continue to use!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I tried this on my eyebrows and got a pimple.

However, it works wonderfully on my eyelashes. I used this based on reviews since I already had purchased castor oil to use as part of the OCM. I had lost a patch of eyelashes on each eye from an Estee Lauder mascara (Sumptuous). It's been 2-3 weeks and the patch of really short, tiny eyelashes has grown in to regular sized eyelashes. On my regular eyelashes, I can also notice that they have grown a bit as well. I can tell the difference when I'm putting on my mascara - they seem longer and I'm not missing that patch anymore! I always figured my eyelashes were soft anyways but I notice now that they are actually soft and conditioned.

I have a big bottle, so I tip it upside down to let some product touch the inside of the lid, hold it right side up and open the bottle. Then I use a Q-tip to get some product out of the lid (thicker than regular oil) and apply it like an eyeliner along my upper lash line, picking up more product as necessary, and then finally applying as you would a mascara, using the q-tip as a wand. I do this right before bed, as it can obstruct vision slightly. It doesn't burn eyes whatsoever (mine anyways). Definitely worth it if you are experiencing lash breakage/loss.

I should also mention that I didn't do it every single day, I skipped day(s) during the 2-3 weeks and it still worked wonderfully.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I've been using this on my lashes while I sleep for maybe a month now I'm not sure how long. At least 2-3 weeks. I have seen a tiny bit of results, but I'm going to keep using it to see if there will be more. I usually have sparse bottom lashes but now I see baby lashes growing in there, yay. They have gotten a teeny bit longer as well. And I think my top lashes have gotten a teeny bit longer as well on the outer edges.

I love the texture much more than olive or jojoba oils, it's thicker so it doesn't leak into your eyes. I use a small makeup brush to apply it on my top and bottom lash lines and on the lashes themselves.

It also helps to get rid of bits of eyeliner stuck between the lashes that's difficult to remove with makeup remover.

The difference in my lashes is probably not noticeable to the people around me but I would purchase again because of other uses it has.

edited to take off one lippie- didn't really do anything for my lashes, it doesn't get used anymore. will probably just mix with my shampoo when I finish my jojoba oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Chele05

If you want to thicken your brows, and maybe even your lashes, castor oil may be the answer! My mom had a cosmetic laser procedure go wrong which left her once thick brows extemely thin, sparse, and even with a couple of bald spots. My mom was devastated and desperate to fix them, so she was willing to spend money on a product that would make the hair grow back. While searching online for the best product, she came upon a forum about castor oil; I had a bottle at home, so I gave it to her to try. Within just a few days, her eyebrows were noticeably thicker! She has been applying the oil to her brows every night for a little over a week and it has definitely made a noticeable difference. My mom is extremely happy!

I don't believe it's just coincidence that her brows started growing back around the same time my mom started using this stuff; I honestly believe it is the castor oil that stimulated hair growth. It is incredible the amount of hair that grew within days, that had not grown in weeks. In fact, it seemed like my mom was losing brow hair prior to using the castor oil. My mom also became curious as to whether it would work on her lashes so she applied some to one of her eyes. When I visited her, she asked me to look at her eyes and tell her if I noticed anything; I noticed her left eye's lashes looked darker and thicker than her right eye. That's when she confessed she had put the oil on her left eye. So it works on lashes too! (Although my mom said she probably wouldn't continue to use it for her lashes because she's afraid to get an infection.)

Bottom line: Castor oil has worked miracles for my mom's brows. It's inexpensive, easily obtainable, and the fact it's safe to ingest may ease one's fears regarding safety. Definitely worth a try! Make castor oil your first option before you spend money on expensive products that may not even work. If castor oil doesn't work for you, at least it won't be a big loss.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 4:34:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

This stuff is amazing and if you don't already know about how great it is, you should! I love love love it for the hair. I rub a small amount into the scalp after every hair wash. It doesn't make my scalp greasier and in fact helps ward off grease longer (doesn't make sense, right? but really it does). I find that w/ long term use, it makes hair grow out much faster than w/o. It has a similar effect on brows/lashes although less subtle. It does them grow out slightly longer and thicker but its not drastic for me. On the skin, this is great when mixed in a small percentage with olive oil. I mix about 1:8 olive to castor in a travel dispenser and use it as a pre-cleanse/makeup remover daily. Contrasted w/ using pure olive oil, it seems to clean the skin at a deeper level and cuts down on oil production. I also include a tiny fraction of castor oil mixed with glycerin in a home made refresher spray. The small amount of oil sprayed over mineral makeup helps disperse the mineral granules w/o adding greasiness and produces a much more natural finish. This stuff is fantastic in so many ways I'm really glad I discovered it.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by hpunkinway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an amazing solution for cleaning pores. I have used it in the following way:
1.) Pour a 1/2 tsp or so into your palm. You may mix this with a thinner oil if your skin is very dry, i.e., olive oil or avocado oil.
2.) Massage it into your facial skin.
3.) Wash it off with a washcloth, Clarisonic brush, or just fingers, using your normal facial cleanser.
After patting dry, your skin should feel a bit tight, but very smooth. It is truly amazing in its ability to draw out impurities.
I hope this helps!