October 21, 2014 | 2065 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I've been using this on my lashes while I sleep for maybe a month now I'm not sure how long. At least 2-3 weeks. I have seen a tiny bit of results, but I'm going to keep using it to see if there will be more. I usually have sparse bottom lashes but now I see baby lashes growing in there, yay. They have gotten a teeny bit longer as well. And I think my top lashes have gotten a teeny bit longer as well on the outer edges.

I love the texture much more than olive or jojoba oils, it's thicker so it doesn't leak into your eyes. I use a small makeup brush to apply it on my top and bottom lash lines and on the lashes themselves.

It also helps to get rid of bits of eyeliner stuck between the lashes that's difficult to remove with makeup remover.

The difference in my lashes is probably not noticeable to the people around me but I would purchase again because of other uses it has.

edited to take off one lippie- didn't really do anything for my lashes, it doesn't get used anymore. will probably just mix with my shampoo when I finish my jojoba oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Chele05

If you want to thicken your brows, and maybe even your lashes, castor oil may be the answer! My mom had a cosmetic laser procedure go wrong which left her once thick brows extemely thin, sparse, and even with a couple of bald spots. My mom was devastated and desperate to fix them, so she was willing to spend money on a product that would make the hair grow back. While searching online for the best product, she came upon a forum about castor oil; I had a bottle at home, so I gave it to her to try. Within just a few days, her eyebrows were noticeably thicker! She has been applying the oil to her brows every night for a little over a week and it has definitely made a noticeable difference. My mom is extremely happy!

I don't believe it's just coincidence that her brows started growing back around the same time my mom started using this stuff; I honestly believe it is the castor oil that stimulated hair growth. It is incredible the amount of hair that grew within days, that had not grown in weeks. In fact, it seemed like my mom was losing brow hair prior to using the castor oil. My mom also became curious as to whether it would work on her lashes so she applied some to one of her eyes. When I visited her, she asked me to look at her eyes and tell her if I noticed anything; I noticed her left eye's lashes looked darker and thicker than her right eye. That's when she confessed she had put the oil on her left eye. So it works on lashes too! (Although my mom said she probably wouldn't continue to use it for her lashes because she's afraid to get an infection.)

Bottom line: Castor oil has worked miracles for my mom's brows. It's inexpensive, easily obtainable, and the fact it's safe to ingest may ease one's fears regarding safety. Definitely worth a try! Make castor oil your first option before you spend money on expensive products that may not even work. If castor oil doesn't work for you, at least it won't be a big loss.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 4:34:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

This stuff is amazing and if you don't already know about how great it is, you should! I love love love it for the hair. I rub a small amount into the scalp after every hair wash. It doesn't make my scalp greasier and in fact helps ward off grease longer (doesn't make sense, right? but really it does). I find that w/ long term use, it makes hair grow out much faster than w/o. It has a similar effect on brows/lashes although less subtle. It does them grow out slightly longer and thicker but its not drastic for me. On the skin, this is great when mixed in a small percentage with olive oil. I mix about 1:8 olive to castor in a travel dispenser and use it as a pre-cleanse/makeup remover daily. Contrasted w/ using pure olive oil, it seems to clean the skin at a deeper level and cuts down on oil production. I also include a tiny fraction of castor oil mixed with glycerin in a home made refresher spray. The small amount of oil sprayed over mineral makeup helps disperse the mineral granules w/o adding greasiness and produces a much more natural finish. This stuff is fantastic in so many ways I'm really glad I discovered it.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by hpunkinway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an amazing solution for cleaning pores. I have used it in the following way:
1.) Pour a 1/2 tsp or so into your palm. You may mix this with a thinner oil if your skin is very dry, i.e., olive oil or avocado oil.
2.) Massage it into your facial skin.
3.) Wash it off with a washcloth, Clarisonic brush, or just fingers, using your normal facial cleanser.
After patting dry, your skin should feel a bit tight, but very smooth. It is truly amazing in its ability to draw out impurities.
I hope this helps!

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 8:17:00 AM More reviews by orangeorn

I have used castor oil over my eye lashes. It made my eye lashes thicker & longer and that too within a week. I used to apply this oil while going to bed. And within a very very short period I got desired results.
The only con is that if it gets into eyes, it makes them sticky,

I have heard it helps in regrowing hair too. So if you are experiencing hair thinning. You should use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by shayal

I've been using Castor oil on my eyebrows to thicken and darken the hairs, It's been two days since i started using Castor oil and i can already see some results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

ricin oil is used by me to remove or treat a scar due to a piercing.the person,pierced up the belly button.it's suppose to be: from belly and up and out.not from the top of it! So,by doing that ,he created a scar.so,now my scar is dimunishing. Musquee rose oil from chili is used as well to remove scar.ricin oil is used as a stomach cataplasm to clean the lymph.you put a hot cataplasm over your stomach and it cleans the toxins,organs,lymph.(edgar cayce references) the oil in the picture ,is the one that he's talking...verry good to remove,treat,a scar.verry good for a stomach ,lymph cleansing. Verry good as a beauty mask as well!sticky but good for fines lines,aspect of the skin.as for hair growth,maybe,don't know,never used that oil for that purpose.as a treatment for my hair,yes,did make them soft.but, you have to clean your hair after! Green clay got almost the same property as well..so,that's my experience with ricin oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by MascaraJunkiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought a little bottle of Castor Oil at CVS after seeing good reviews online. I had let my eyebrows grow out forever to then get them done horribly thin. I almost cried when I saw them! I naturally have thick eyebrows but I wanted to speed up the process. I started out by gently rubbing this into my eyebrows everynight and saw results within 3 to 4 weeks. Within 3 to 4 months I had full bushy eyebrows!! It worked out great! I got my eyebrows done nicely, thank God! I then bought Maybelline's Clear Eyebrow Mascara and mixed Castor Oil with it. It helps out a lot and isn't so messy! I have heard that CO also works for eyelashes but don't recommend it being used that close to your eyeball. You could get an eye infection. Things work out different for everyone but I would recommend this for help in eyebrow growth! (:

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by cinnamonpink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this because of all the rave reviews and even a fellow MUAer msged me about it for my eyelashes...
Well I've used it for MONTHS and have noticed no change whatsoever...I thought I had for a while but I realized it was just me being hopefull. I read a review where someone said they thought it was just the "placebo effect" and I think they are right...I think you want to see results but really I've seen none. I need something to help my lashes cause the waterproof mascara I use is deathly to my lashes. My search continues for a good lash enhancing product :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by toplasestra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

EYEBROW ABUSERS AND OVER-TWEEZERS: THIS STUFF WORKS!!

Oh, how I wish I would've known about castor oil years ago...

When I was 12 or 13, I made the common mistake of over-tweezing my eyebrows. I only "shaped" them that one time and maybe occasionally plucked a stray hair every couple months or so in my teens (I'm in my 20's now). My brows never grew back... until I tried castor oil, that is!

I was starting to think that I would always be stuck with "tadpole brows", as I call them. I thought I would give this stuff a shot and I'm so glad I did. Not only are they growing back, the existing hair is thicker, longer and darker. It's only been about 2 1/2 months, but I seriously can't believe how much has grown. I never even knew I had brows like this! I can't wait to see how they look in a few more months :D

I've also been using this around my hairline on my neck and forehead. I'd always had tufts of hair on either side of my forehead and on the back of my neck that never grew. They never stayed slicked back in a ponytail and I hated how they would always stick straight up even after trying to smooth and spray them down. Now they brush back effortlessly into my ponytail.

Everyone's hair grows at different speeds (mine grows quickly), so be patient if yours grows a little slow. After all, it is just watching and waiting for hair to grow!

I just brush some on my brows every night before bed using an old cleaned-off mascara wand and leave it in overnight. For my hair, I massage it onto my hairline about twice a week before shampooing. I usually let it sit for at least a half hour, if I can.

Sorry about the long review, but I'm just so thrilled with my results and had to share! Maybe in a few weeks I'll post before and after pictures.

If you've been a brow-abuser or just want better looking brows than you have now, give this a shot. Seriously. It's beyond worth the $3 I spent on it at the drugstore :)

***EDIT***
I added a before and after shots of 2 months' results. Hopefully I'll have more to share in a few more! Please excuse the state of my eyebrows. I promised myself I wouldn't even touch them for while they're growing out, just to be safe :P

26 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No