April 21, 2014 | 1196 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by amarose

Wow! Great stuff. Haven't had any breakout issues. Personally, I use it as a bath oil 1x/week - 2 Tbs. oil, 20/30 min. My legs, which are usually a dry, flaky, ichy mess this time of year, look completely normal, and this is with only the baths - no xtra lotion/oil at all. I do use a lot just to make sure, so you may want to start out with less and work up - YMMV. After reading the reviews, I also started using a drop on my lashes before bed, and after a week or so, I can't believe how much better they look! The bottom ones are much longer & darker, and what was a bare spot now has 4-5 new lashes. Don't see that much of a difference in the uppers yet, but they feel much softer and seem stronger - they don't fall out when I take off my mascara at night anymore. My brows don't need any help in the growth dept., so I don't put oil there. :-) Definitely give it a whirl if you're on the fence - for the price, you can't beat it if it works.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 1:27:00 AM More reviews by gaspgirlox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Didn't do anything for my eyelashes but they're already pretty much excellent to me,
however!
When half my eyebrow went missing this was my go-to cure and it feels nice on the hair :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 8:15:00 PM More reviews by LastNameAvailable

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

In my attempt to go natural in my beauty/ grooming routine I came across Castor oil. Originally wanting to use it with a horn comb for scritching/ scalp massage, I found it too thick. It's much better cut with another oil. (To wash it out, use conditioner first, then shampoo.) Where it really shines is as a lash treatment. I put it in a clean mascara tube and apply it at night. After about a month I began seeing results! I actually had a second line of lashes sprout beneath the first. My lashes are thicker and darker now. The light ends have blended away and I don't need to wear mascara unless I want something more dramatic. If you are a die hard mascara wearer, try using this as a treatment. It's cheap, and if it doesn't work for you it can be re purposed into many other treatments.

11 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2010 5:47:00 AM More reviews by curlysmith

I was pretty sceptical about this product, but decided to apply it to see if it actually did anything to my slightly overplucked brows. And it DID! After about two weeks I again to see small hairs growing in again. I have to be honest in saying that my brows are not back to their teenage state, but there has been regrowth, so much so that I have to groom them again, something I thought I'd never be able to do again. I have also used it on my head and my hair seems softer and fuller. You have ti try it. I will never be without it now.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2010 12:43:00 PM More reviews by ladymarion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've used castor oil for hair and lashes

Use for Hair: i've used this product for hair growth, but I must admit not regularly.Haven't seen any significantly speedy growth, but i've used on my hair, and It's helped my damaged hair become softer and shinier. So good product, but hasn't helped growth.

Use for lashes: FANTASTIC! My lashes are significantly longer, darker (i'm blonde, my lashes are kind of short and invisible!), I can definitely see a difference when I wear mascara.
All in all a good sturdy product, relatively inexpensive: i payed 4.50euros for a 100ml bottle.
Will I buy again? Of course!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it. Been using it to do a variation of OCM and on my eyelashes. I've seen results in only a month. I also use this for hot packs for my boyfriend's back and arm strains. Everyone should have a bottle of CO around.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2010 6:23:00 AM More reviews by pinkboa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted so badly to try this product for all of the mentioned benefits. After the second day of use, I had an allergic reaction around my eyes. I woke up and could barely open them. I looked in the mirror and the skin around my eyes were very swollen and red and itched horribly. I really wanted to reap the many benefits that others had experienced. I have very sensitive skin, but I thought that I would be safe with a natural oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Azie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I wouldnt have even known about this if it wasnt for MUA and there I was about to blow 50 on rapidlash!
Ive only been using it for 2 weeks now on my brows and lashes and people are already asking me what Ive done to them and what mascara I wear...delighted with the reults so far AND it was only 3.95 for a bottle yay! I also use it in my OCM to take off makeup only been doing that about a week so i will update in due course :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Hello. You are reading this review. But what you really want to do is go to the selection bars at the top of this page and select reviews by "most helpful". And read those reviews. Those are the reviews that got me using this for my lashes. I have stick straight, transparent lashes (because I have Chinese ancestry) of a moderate length. After conditioning them with castor oil every night for two weeks -- I dampen a q-tip with the oil and then run it along my lash lines as if I am applying eyeliner -- my lashes are thicker, longer, and there are more of them. I now look like I am wearing eyeliner when I am not. I have also tried castor oil for healing grazes after they have scabbed -- it works; I have used it for conditioning my hair pre-shampoo -- it works too, but it is extremely sticky and difficult to wash out (perhaps I used too much?); I have used it in an oil cleansing method (pre-cleanse with castor oil and then wash off the oil with Pears soap) for taking off my makeup and sunscreen -- this works too, but in the winter when my skin is dry, the castor oil dries it out more. My absolute favourite use of this is for lash growth... and ocassionally brow growth.

59 out of 61 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2010 6:18:00 AM More reviews by shereenmohsen

it's an essential part of my beauty product .I have been using it
scince the age of 15 .it's the only effective remedy for eye lashes &
brows no other product works the same for thicking them
also it's amazing to use it on your scalp & dry ends
it's the must have oil for any one