September 1, 2014 | 1995 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by shayal

I've been using Castor oil on my eyebrows to thicken and darken the hairs, It's been two days since i started using Castor oil and i can already see some results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

ricin oil is used by me to remove or treat a scar due to a piercing.the person,pierced up the belly button.it's suppose to be: from belly and up and out.not from the top of it! So,by doing that ,he created a scar.so,now my scar is dimunishing. Musquee rose oil from chili is used as well to remove scar.ricin oil is used as a stomach cataplasm to clean the lymph.you put a hot cataplasm over your stomach and it cleans the toxins,organs,lymph.(edgar cayce references) the oil in the picture ,is the one that he's talking...verry good to remove,treat,a scar.verry good for a stomach ,lymph cleansing. Verry good as a beauty mask as well!sticky but good for fines lines,aspect of the skin.as for hair growth,maybe,don't know,never used that oil for that purpose.as a treatment for my hair,yes,did make them soft.but, you have to clean your hair after! Green clay got almost the same property as well..so,that's my experience with ricin oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by MascaraJunkiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought a little bottle of Castor Oil at CVS after seeing good reviews online. I had let my eyebrows grow out forever to then get them done horribly thin. I almost cried when I saw them! I naturally have thick eyebrows but I wanted to speed up the process. I started out by gently rubbing this into my eyebrows everynight and saw results within 3 to 4 weeks. Within 3 to 4 months I had full bushy eyebrows!! It worked out great! I got my eyebrows done nicely, thank God! I then bought Maybelline's Clear Eyebrow Mascara and mixed Castor Oil with it. It helps out a lot and isn't so messy! I have heard that CO also works for eyelashes but don't recommend it being used that close to your eyeball. You could get an eye infection. Things work out different for everyone but I would recommend this for help in eyebrow growth! (:

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by cinnamonpink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this because of all the rave reviews and even a fellow MUAer msged me about it for my eyelashes...
Well I've used it for MONTHS and have noticed no change whatsoever...I thought I had for a while but I realized it was just me being hopefull. I read a review where someone said they thought it was just the "placebo effect" and I think they are right...I think you want to see results but really I've seen none. I need something to help my lashes cause the waterproof mascara I use is deathly to my lashes. My search continues for a good lash enhancing product :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by toplasestra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

EYEBROW ABUSERS AND OVER-TWEEZERS: THIS STUFF WORKS!!

Oh, how I wish I would've known about castor oil years ago...

When I was 12 or 13, I made the common mistake of over-tweezing my eyebrows. I only "shaped" them that one time and maybe occasionally plucked a stray hair every couple months or so in my teens (I'm in my 20's now). My brows never grew back... until I tried castor oil, that is!

I was starting to think that I would always be stuck with "tadpole brows", as I call them. I thought I would give this stuff a shot and I'm so glad I did. Not only are they growing back, the existing hair is thicker, longer and darker. It's only been about 2 1/2 months, but I seriously can't believe how much has grown. I never even knew I had brows like this! I can't wait to see how they look in a few more months :D

I've also been using this around my hairline on my neck and forehead. I'd always had tufts of hair on either side of my forehead and on the back of my neck that never grew. They never stayed slicked back in a ponytail and I hated how they would always stick straight up even after trying to smooth and spray them down. Now they brush back effortlessly into my ponytail.

Everyone's hair grows at different speeds (mine grows quickly), so be patient if yours grows a little slow. After all, it is just watching and waiting for hair to grow!

I just brush some on my brows every night before bed using an old cleaned-off mascara wand and leave it in overnight. For my hair, I massage it onto my hairline about twice a week before shampooing. I usually let it sit for at least a half hour, if I can.

Sorry about the long review, but I'm just so thrilled with my results and had to share! Maybe in a few weeks I'll post before and after pictures.

If you've been a brow-abuser or just want better looking brows than you have now, give this a shot. Seriously. It's beyond worth the $3 I spent on it at the drugstore :)

***EDIT***
I added a before and after shots of 2 months' results. Hopefully I'll have more to share in a few more! Please excuse the state of my eyebrows. I promised myself I wouldn't even touch them for while they're growing out, just to be safe :P

26 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I not only tried this on my lashes & brows but I tried it on my skin. It didn't seem to do anything for the hair on my face and made my skin break out in acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by kblack

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I researched this before trying, and saw that there is no scientific "proof" that castor oil does anything for lashes or brows. But enough reviews here encouraged me to try it. I have mature skin anyway and I figured some extra oil around the eye area couldn't hurt.

I've been using this most nights, dabbing a little bit on my upper lash line (I've tried it on the lower but that gets on my glasses I wear between taking contacts out and going to sleep).

As far as I can tell, it works. I have been using this for about six weeks. I check my lashes pretty carefully in a magnifying mirror when curling them and putting liner on my waterline.

They are definitely longer than when I started--I can tell they "hit" a higher part of my eyelid than they used to (you pay attention to minute changes when you get into your 50s because so many darn things do start changing!) I think there is more volume as well. I haven't seen much difference in my lower lashes but I don't fiddle with them as much.

It takes much less mascara (CG GreatLash) to get a nice, natural, MLBB look that it did before I started. I'm sold on the effectiveness even if it doesn't show significant results in the laboratory. A same-age friend of mine has also had the same results and agrees.

27 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by senoritasatan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff is amazing :) Just trust me!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by menacexofxvanity

this is definitely great! forget getting all those salon brands, this does the exact same thing and is way cheaper! what I did was mix it with warm water and added some coconut oil to even out the solution, then but a little in my wet hair and blow dried and straightened it. it turned out looking soft and shiny! I read some people used this before they washed their hair and I think I'll try that. but yeah this is definitely a keeper for chose who are interested in organic remedies!

EDIT: I know I gave this good reviews but I'm going to stop using the castor oil. yes it worked so good and it leaves my hair so soft, but it also takes forever for it to come off! I even diluted it with warm water and coconut oil like some of the other reviewers recommended, but it just leaves my hair greasy for the longest time. I even shampooed twice today and it's still not out (and trust me, I scrubbed till my scalp hurt) I guess I'll have to spend a little extra on high quality brands, especially since I just dyed my hair and the bleach wore out my hair a lot. I lowered the rating a little bit just because I'm upset that I thought it worked so good at first and now it's not the product I thought it was.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by MissKiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have just used castor oil for the first time. I mixed it with some peanut oil and left on my hair for about 2 hours then washed it off. When I was washing it off it felt disgusting but now that it's dry it's super soft. My hair usually goes all boofy and frizzy if I leave it to try naturally but it's really helped, it is just nice and wavy now! I didn't notice a particularly bad smell coming from it like others have mentioned. I'm going to keep using this as I hear it makes hair grow faster, will write a review later whether it actually does or not.