November 28, 2014 | 1035 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2009 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Laty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product has no coverage whatsoever, so it would only be suitable for someone who has perfect skin with no flaws. Now, if you had perfect skin with no flaws, you wouldn't need to wear makeup. So, why this was made? No idea.
Medium coverage? Thats a joke. I sooo wanted to love this, I used it over my revlon liquid which obviously I needed to use for the coverage - but it made my pores look like the world's biggest craters on my face, it really made them stand out and look HUGE.
I love revlon products, but sorry, didnt love this.
Tip: If you are someone who actually wants to use this, and are annoyed with the tiny amount that is coming out, you can remove the powder cover with the holes in it, just stick a knife underneath and it pops out. Then throw it away. The amount that comes out with that cover left on is ridiculous.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by pln315

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using Bare Minerals for a few years now, however, since I'm being more conservative when it comes to spending, I decided to try an inexpensive mineral foundation that I could purchase at the local drugstore. I am very pleased with this product. I have oily skin, it provides good coverage, and has good staying power. The packaging and brush are horrible though, but I just dumped the contents into an empty Bare Minerals container and use a kabuki brush to apply it.

I can't believe all of the negative reviews here. I find it to be just as good as Bare Minerals and it's almost half the cost!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by HuntersMommy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

yuck yuck yuck! the packaging is god awful. you get the teeniest little bit on the teeniest little brush before having to stick it back in and shake and twist and the whole hokey pokey just to get some product out. the product itself, I quite frankly can't tell if its even on my face or not...no coverage period.. the only way I can tell that I've applied it is the horrible itching dry nastiness I feel wherever this product has touched me. I know, I sound like a two year old avoiding the cooties, but quite frankly this was my first go at mineral foundation and boy did this send me RUNNING, not walking, back to my liquid foundations.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2009 3:32:00 PM More reviews by holdener4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

UPDATE: I have stopped using this because it dried my skin out really bad. It also made it break out and become extremely itchy. I gave it to my mom and she broke out into hives from it. I read on Paula Begoun's site that mineral foundations if they contain Bismuth Oxychloride make a lot of people break out. If I ever try a mineral foundation again, I will look for ones without that ingredient. She also said that there is nothing in them that really makes your skin healthier.*********************************************************************** I really like this product. It gives me a totally natural look but still is able to cover up my imperfections and even out my skin tone. I did use MAC's concealer for my dark circles and blemishes before this. I do think it wears really well, because I applied it this morning at 6:45am and now 8 hours later, it is still there looking good. It doesn't feel like I am wearing anything at all. The only things I did not like about this are the price, I just wish it was under $10 and the brush on it is a little scratchy, wish it was softer. I paid $14.99 for it at Walgreens, I think next time I will buy it at Walmart. Those two reasons though are not a good enough reason to never buy it again, though considering how much I love it! Would recommend this if you have nice looking skin and would like a light-medium coverage Mineral powder foundation that gives you a natural look. I will buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by OliveButtercup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product, but abhor the packaging. I get maybe a month of use out of it before either the brush breaks or most recently, I went to go reach for it in my purse only to realize the bottom had fallen out of it and there is about an inch of powder sitting in my purse. I will probably stop purchasing this product simply because of the packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Parodybarbiegirl

The perfumerie where I buy my make-up recommended me this because I bought the liquide colorstay with softflex. The woman who owns it has this philosophy that if you use a foundation from one line use a powder from the same line. But I realy, realy don't like this. it doesn't cover, it doesn't stop my skun from getting shiny and it's almost impossible to get anything out of the container. You can't even get your own powder brush into the opening.
Up to 16 hours of wear... I think not.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by d0rkiamyxd

I originally used Loreal's bare naturale in nude beige, but it was too light for my skin, so after using it for a while, I decided to buy a darker shade at CVS. The price was like 14.99 or something. But then on the 'Revlon' side, I saw this colorstay mineral foundation in BUY 1 GET 1 FREE! So I just decided to buy this product instead. Anxious to try it, the next morning I put my everyday concealer and foundation, then lastly, this new revlon mineral foundation. I realized that the product(powder) is much lighter than the loreal bare naturale. I know some people might like heavier powders, but I actually liked this one better. It perfectly matched my skin tone, and it looked like I didn't have ANY make up on at all. Also, I have pretty oily skin. When I used to use loreal, my face easily got oily after like 2 hours. But this Revlon foundation really sucked in my oil or something, b/c my face wasn't even that oily for like 8 hours!

For those of you who said this is a bad product for oily skinned people, I disagree, b/c it works very nicely on my face!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2009 5:41:00 AM More reviews by PinkFrizz

This is not bad. However, the brush is very very rough. And i felt painful while applying it. I chose yes to buy again cos it may be suitable for others.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 7:57:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to use L'Oreal mineral makeup, but when Revlon came out with this I gave it a try. The color match was great, it didn't turn colors or spot through out the day. It's pretty easy to use, not as easy as L'Oreal but comparable. The coverage was nothing as I thought it would be. It was very sheer and light, so sheer I couldn't even build up coverage. It didn't last very long either, so reapplications are a must. Overall, if you have decent skin and are just looking for a light powder foundation to even it out and give it some extra oomph, this is perfect. If you're like me and have some imperfections to hide, this isn't the powder for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by JohnnyTruelove2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No no no. Oily/Combo skin ladies BEWARE. The oil on your skin with oxidize and separate this makeup into blotches on your skin. It is also not pigmented at all. I had to layer and layer to get any coverage (and I have almost perfect skin, just two or three pink acne scars). The worst part of all? The packaging! The brush is awful and inadequate, it's tiny and I would imagine it would take an hour to cover your whole face. It was around $11.99, I would spend the extra $13.00 to purchase BE instead of this stuff. Very disappointed. :(