April 18, 2014 | 2039 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by OliveButtercup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product, but abhor the packaging. I get maybe a month of use out of it before either the brush breaks or most recently, I went to go reach for it in my purse only to realize the bottom had fallen out of it and there is about an inch of powder sitting in my purse. I will probably stop purchasing this product simply because of the packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Parodybarbiegirl

The perfumerie where I buy my make-up recommended me this because I bought the liquide colorstay with softflex. The woman who owns it has this philosophy that if you use a foundation from one line use a powder from the same line. But I realy, realy don't like this. it doesn't cover, it doesn't stop my skun from getting shiny and it's almost impossible to get anything out of the container. You can't even get your own powder brush into the opening.
Up to 16 hours of wear... I think not.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by d0rkiamyxd

I originally used Loreal's bare naturale in nude beige, but it was too light for my skin, so after using it for a while, I decided to buy a darker shade at CVS. The price was like 14.99 or something. But then on the 'Revlon' side, I saw this colorstay mineral foundation in BUY 1 GET 1 FREE! So I just decided to buy this product instead. Anxious to try it, the next morning I put my everyday concealer and foundation, then lastly, this new revlon mineral foundation. I realized that the product(powder) is much lighter than the loreal bare naturale. I know some people might like heavier powders, but I actually liked this one better. It perfectly matched my skin tone, and it looked like I didn't have ANY make up on at all. Also, I have pretty oily skin. When I used to use loreal, my face easily got oily after like 2 hours. But this Revlon foundation really sucked in my oil or something, b/c my face wasn't even that oily for like 8 hours!

For those of you who said this is a bad product for oily skinned people, I disagree, b/c it works very nicely on my face!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2009 5:41:00 AM More reviews by PinkFrizz

This is not bad. However, the brush is very very rough. And i felt painful while applying it. I chose yes to buy again cos it may be suitable for others.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 7:57:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to use L'Oreal mineral makeup, but when Revlon came out with this I gave it a try. The color match was great, it didn't turn colors or spot through out the day. It's pretty easy to use, not as easy as L'Oreal but comparable. The coverage was nothing as I thought it would be. It was very sheer and light, so sheer I couldn't even build up coverage. It didn't last very long either, so reapplications are a must. Overall, if you have decent skin and are just looking for a light powder foundation to even it out and give it some extra oomph, this is perfect. If you're like me and have some imperfections to hide, this isn't the powder for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by JohnnyTruelove2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No no no. Oily/Combo skin ladies BEWARE. The oil on your skin with oxidize and separate this makeup into blotches on your skin. It is also not pigmented at all. I had to layer and layer to get any coverage (and I have almost perfect skin, just two or three pink acne scars). The worst part of all? The packaging! The brush is awful and inadequate, it's tiny and I would imagine it would take an hour to cover your whole face. It was around $11.99, I would spend the extra $13.00 to purchase BE instead of this stuff. Very disappointed. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2009 3:47:00 AM More reviews by unche

I don't like this foundation. It's impossible to dispense, very messy, and the packaging doesn't help. The coverage is really good, but doesn't last long and is quite obvious. If my skin is even a little bit dry, putting this on will make it feel sretched and tight.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Floridaisa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this thinking that since I love Colorstay Active this would also work well. It didn't. My skin looked ashy, chalky and it didn't last on my skin at all. Coverage wasn't great either.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by En_Song

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm very disappointed w this product. It was too sheer for a foundation and made my skin looked chalky and ashy, not sure if it was because I bought the wrong shade, got it in 60, Medium. Tried it on its own and the coverage was extremely minimal and somehow, when i applied my usual blusher (laneige) over it, the colour appeared very faint even after a few layers. I don't usually have this problem when I use the same blusher over my regular Za 2-way foundation.

The brush is terrible as well, extremely scratchy and made my face itch and sting. Had to use some other brushes to pick up the powder.

Decided to use it as loose powder and it was just a tad better.... still, a very mediocre product for the price. (Got it after 20% discount at Watsons)

Update: Used a few layers of this over my 2-way fdtn and realised that it controlled sebum production quite well. My face starts to shine quite drastically by mid-day and surprisingly, after layering this quite thickly in the mornings, i don't shine as badly by noon. I'm adding another lippie for the impressive oil control qualities this powder has. I suppose nothing else save Roaccutane can help with cutting out shine completely. To give an idea of how this fdtn helped, the oil my face produces usually fills up slightly more than 3/4s of a blotting sheet (i use gatsby's or clean & clear) but with this powder on, i need only half a sheet to absorb all the sebum. Good stuff, may repurchase if it goes on sale again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2008 12:50:00 PM More reviews by RieAnn

Wanted to try mineral makeup and liked revlon so I decided to buy this product. I've been using it off and on for the past month and I still hate it so far. In the beginning, It made my skin itch. It doesn't cover,doesn't stay, very drying, messy, and the packaging is horrible. Avoid this product.