L'Oreal Refreshing Eye Make Up Remover

2.4

Water, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Laureth 8 Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Allantoin, Magnesium Laureth 8 Sulfate, Magnesium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Oleth Sulfate, Magnesium Oleth Sulfate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance, FIL

on 2/12/2003 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Works for light eyemakeup applications--not so much for heavy waterproof ones--you really need an oil-based remover (the best=Clinique take the day off)to thoroughly remove stubborn eyemakeup! It is light and refreshing I'll give it that!

on 2/10/2003 9:52:00 PM

This stuff really irritates my eyes and for some reason I could *taste* it even though it was nowhere near my mouth.I couldn't wait to finish the bottle. At this price, Nivea and Garnier are much better.

on 2/6/2003 2:18:00 AM

This is a perfectly competent makeup remover, however, it stings like h*ll when it drips into your eyes--something rather unavoidable since the bottle's wide mouth allows the cotton ball to absorb so much liquid. The stinging has nothing to do with mascara removal, as I have tried this product to remove just eyeshadow or pencil liner with similar painful experiences.

on 1/22/2003 11:42:00 AM

I picked this up after reading the great reviews. I normally use MK oil-free makeup remover, but at $14 a bottle, that was too pricy. The L'Oreal did the job just as well as the MK, and for only a fraction of the price. Great stuff!

on 10/13/2002 1:13:00 PM

I had been using Almay eye makeup remover, but I may just like this one better. It doesn't feel the least bit oily (says it's oil free) and feels virtually like water on your eyes, but yet removes eye makeup pretty well!

on 10/6/2002 4:37:00 AM

In my opinion, this is not like Lancome Bi-Facil (which contains oil). It's more like Clinique Rinse-Off Eye Makeup Solvent. It's a detergent-based makeup remover (you can tell because it foams when you shake the bottle).
It doesn't remove waterproof mascara, but then neither does Clinique Rinse-Off Eye Makeup Solvent. (You usually need some oil-based MU remover to remove all waterproof mascara.)
I think this is a great substitute for any non-oily MU remover. It's only about $6.00 for a 4 oz. bottle - you can't beat the price! continued >>

on 10/3/2002 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Have been searching for a cheaper eyemakeup remover than my beloved Clarins. Unfortunately this doesn't even come close. It didn't remove my shadow completely and was abyssmal at removing my waterproof mascara. Not worth the money despite the cheap price; I would have done better with just plain water. And the more I used the more aggravated my eye area became! Plus the bottle doesn't have a squirt hole but does have a large opening so you have to be very careful applying it to cotton. This product is just a mess; go back to the lab L'Oreal.

on 9/14/2002 7:09:00 PM

This hurt my sensitive eyes and didn't remove waterproof makeup. I have used it once and will never use it again!!!!

on 9/8/2002 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

*cough cough* L'Oreal OWNS Lancome... *cough cough* Bi-Facil is also blue.... *hack hack* ok do you get the hint?

(its the exact same thing without the glamorous name)

on 9/2/2002 8:15:00 PM

This is a geat eye makeup remover. I'm a contact lense wearer and had been told that Lancome Bi-facil was "the best". I found it oily and icky. This stuff is (IMO) far superior...and much cheaper. Removes every last trace of eye makeup and leaves my eye area feeling refreshed and clean. THUMBS UP!