Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

4.4

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lactate (Lactic Acid), Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Ppg-5-Ceteth-20, Butylene Glycol, Arginine, Linolenic Acid (Vitamin F), Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Retinol (Vitamin A), Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D), Alanine, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Salicylic Acid, Caprylic/Capric, Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea.

on 4/16/2009 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this product in the winter and used it a few times then kind of forgot about it until last week. I began using the pads twice a day, and then yesterday, as I was putting on my makeup near the window, I was shocked to see how good my skin looked. It kind of glowed. I am thrilled with the results of these pads not only from the standpoint of wrinkle reduction, but also for the general brightening of my skin. I will definitely keep these as a permanent part of my beauty routine. If I could give it 6 stars, I would.

on 4/11/2009 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I must say, I absolutely ADORE these pads (like everyone on MUA seems to)!!!!!! They are a 20% blend of AHA/BHAs, as well as amino acids, and they retexturize your skin in a jiffy like no other. In other words, it's 60 cotton pads soaked in a really potent cocktail of glycolic, lactic (for exfoliation and hyperpigmentation), salicylic (to clean pores from the inside out), linolenic (to boost moisture) and amino acids, that do everything from smoothing out texture to lightening dark spots to stopping breakouts in their tracks. Sounds really harsh, but surprisingly the mix is pretty gentle and doesn't sting at all! You can even use it everyday according to the directions (although I don't, since I also use RAM 0.04%). IMO they really really really help with flakes and dryness associated with retinoid-usage. They're a dream team together for me (used alternately of course).

I've tried the MUAC Glycolic Peel up to 40%, as well as in-clinic microdermabrasion and chemical peels, and honestly these pads do the same job if not better. It's cheaper, more convenient, no danger of burning your skin off, and you get amazing, professional results without having to pay loads of money.

I find that the best way to use it is to combine the chemical exfoliation with physical exfoliation. I rub the pad on my skin in a circular motion for up to 60 seconds, and then I leave it on for up to 30 minutes (I know, it says shorter but I have really tough elephant hide level skin). I end up little red so I make sure to do this at night, but the redness fades quickly and in the morning I am left with glowing, clear skin! I will never be without these little pads, and count them as one of the HG products that killed my persistent breakouts. Make sure to not "rub" on an active breakout though. Just swipe lightly over it to coat it, and it will greatly help with killing it and lessening the chance of it leaving a mark. I'd suggest these to anyone who has wanted a professional peel or microdermabrasion, and hasn't been able to because they haven't won the lottery yet, lol. But seriously, from experience, this is MUCH better than peels/microderm from a clinic.

on 4/6/2009 10:59:00 PM

WOW! After reading reviews here I went out and bought this a couple of months ago. I have not had a zit since I started using this. I was and presently still using the PTR AHA/BHA Acne serum which has been great but in combination with the Unwrinkle pads, it's an unbeatable combination. My skin is so smooth and free of blemishes, even during my period. I'm in love. I'm going to go out and get the Unwrinkle for eyes. I only use the pads like 2 times per week. The pads will last me a few more months.

on 4/1/2009 10:21:00 PM

the first time I used a pad, I was impressed. the second time, 2 days later, my skin possibly looked better than it has in years. after the 3rd pad in a week, my skin was a mess.
i'm using just one pad a week now. i should have followed the directions that say to only use once a week for dry/sensitive skin. duh.

60 pads will last me months, and as long as i don't overuse them, they really even out my skin. yay.

on 3/24/2009 1:10:00 PM

I too love these pads and have been using them for over a month. My skin is fairly tough so it absolutely adores them.

I used MD Skincare Peel Pads for about two months before trying these. Although I liked the MD pads, I wanted a product with BHA's. These fit the bill perfectly!

I am 58, dark skin (NW 45) with skin that has always been somewhat oily but is now more normal to combination. Dark skin often has hyperpigmentation issues, and these remarkable pads have really helped to fade those few dark spots.

Another thing I really like about these pads is that they have reduced the blackheads around my nose and chin. My skin feels smooth and silky and my concealer (don't wear foundation or powder) goes on smoothly.

Finally, the use of these pads had reduced my arsenal of skin care products. I have given up on exfoliators and scrubs and narrowed my regiment to just a few products.

Wow, these little pads are great! I read the last two reviews and one review was bad because the person had a reaction to it...I don't think that's very fair because it is a great product and most ppl can tolerate BHA/AHA's but of course some can't. Not really the products fault...
Anyway, I have been using these for a few weeks and really love them. My skin hasn't looked better and my breakouts have really decreased, great stuff!!

on 3/23/2009 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm in the minority here. I'm only reviewing this product because I think it's pretty awful stuff. I had a very bad reaction on my neck, in particular. After using this, I got a large red, scaly rash that looked (and felt) like a burn. I could only put it down to this, as I hadn't used any other products on my neck at the time. For what it's worth, I would recommend you steer clear unless you're tolerant of very harsh products.

on 3/23/2009 7:08:00 PM

I have been using these for over 2 months now and have noticed no improvement in my skin. In fact, my pores look bigger and my red marks seem darker. My face is just one big blotchy mess! :( These smell awful, too! I don't really understand why these have worked for everyone else and not for me, but that seems to be the pattern with products I use. Ugh. One positive note: These do make my skin soft.

on 3/22/2009 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my second week of using these pads & can see a noticeable difference in my pore size ( magnifying mirrors don't lie ). My pores have minimized in size by at least 80%. I wash my face and follow with the pads. I swipe and leave the solution on for about 2 minutes. After that, I thoroughly rinse my face. My skin is ridiculously hyper sensitive and these pads have not caused any irritation or redness. The only problem I have experienced is some minor itching that occurs a few hours later. I may have to go with 30 seconds and then rinse. Other than that - everything is fine. My face feels like glass and it helps my serums and moisturizers sink in better. I'm currently using 2 pads a week and once accustomed, I will use these every other day.

I bought these thru QVC and used the easy pay plan. I figure 60 pads will last @ least 4-5 months. I've been using Dr.Denese resurfacing peel ( I really like ), but only get 12 treatments for about $36.00, including s&h. The PTR pads are a better bargain. A++

on 3/20/2009 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I usually wait longer than a week before I review a product, but I already see results from this product. I have a few spots of melasma on my face that really bother me, and these pads have decreased the appearance of them more in one week than applying PTR's and Pevonia Botanica's products that target skin spots for eight months. And my skin is smooth, soft, and looks brighter and more even-toned. My pores even look smaller with and without makeup. I am truly impressed and think these will become a staple in my routine. Highly recommended!

Update 4/1: I've been applying this to the back of my hands as recommended on the package. Wow! The skin on my hands looks ten years younger! This is some product!

Popular Treatments (Face)