Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

4.4

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lactate (Lactic Acid), Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Ppg-5-Ceteth-20, Butylene Glycol, Arginine, Linolenic Acid (Vitamin F), Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Retinol (Vitamin A), Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D), Alanine, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Salicylic Acid, Caprylic/Capric, Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea.

on 4/26/2009 6:09:00 PM

I tried this because according to the skincare board this is very good for post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Within a few seconds of applying, my skin was on fire! blotchy and awful. By the time I got to water (to remove) I had welts. Not so good.

on 4/26/2009 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

2 months worth for $50 isn't too bad but still it does hit the pocketbook. These (clearasil type) pads are steeped in some glorious compound that makes an instant difference in glow, even skintone, zero breakouts and no blackheads. I don't have anything but a small nose to lip line and little crow's feet popping up so this says Un-Wrinkle so we shall see. I leave this on up to 30 minutes to a half hour before rinsing but I will buy these every 2 months as long as the company keeps it out. Highly recommended!

on 4/25/2009 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I find many peeling pads leave a sticky, icky residue or have too much alcohol and leave my skin stung and dried out. These leave a bit of residue, but are effective without harming my skin. I use it nightly before my retinoid, and wake up to soft and smooth skin. I have an issue with some of the ingredients (methylparaben, diazolidinyl urea) that give it a moderate hazard rating on cosmeticsdatabase.com, but I like the effects enough to consider overlooking it for another purchase.

on 4/21/2009 3:50:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I've tried many different types of peels (philosophy oxygen peel) and scrubs (Estee Lauder Idealist, Clarins, etc.) to exfoliate. This one has been the best for me because it's strong enough to get rid of all the dead cells but gentle enough that my face doesn't look like I crisped up at the Sun for a few hours. I use this product twice/week which is enough for my skin (PTR recommends working up to using it once/day but that's expensive and overkill IMHO).

on 4/20/2009 9:06:00 PM

I am in love with these peels pads. No breakouts at all since I have started using them and my skin is incredibly smooth and soft. There is a slight tingling sensation that I welcome but no redness or burning. I recommend to everyone because this type of exfoliation will treat most skin concerns. Good job!!!

on 4/18/2009 9:47:00 AM

I bought this on sale after seeing the good reviews on MUA. I don't get the tingling that I get with my other glycolic products, which is strange, but it has made my skin noticeably smoother and softer. The product could be stronger in my opinion. Tempted to give it a 3...but I'll give it a bit longer...

on 4/16/2009 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

YOWZA!! I've had these for about 8 weeks and have used them faithfully.After just one use I noticed a big improvement in pore size and it does make the skin feel firmer.As for scarring and the nasal labial lines it didn't do much.I would say if you have sensitive skin to use once or twice a week and only for a minute or two.But if you have tougher skin like mine...I will leave on for up to 30 minutes about 3 times a week.To me it really is a product that performs and I have seen a noticeable difference.They are truly worth it IMO.
UPDATE: I have been using these pads faithfully since February and I have to say the longer you use them the better my skin is getting.They really have made a difference(finally) in the nasal labial lines.My skin is all over clearer,firmer and more hydrated so needless to say I am very pleased.It is one of those products where I actually keep looking in the mirror to see if my skin looks as good as it actually feels.It makes me look as if I can really go without foundation.But I don't for the simple fact I am such a makeup hound!!

on 4/16/2009 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this product in the winter and used it a few times then kind of forgot about it until last week. I began using the pads twice a day, and then yesterday, as I was putting on my makeup near the window, I was shocked to see how good my skin looked. It kind of glowed. I am thrilled with the results of these pads not only from the standpoint of wrinkle reduction, but also for the general brightening of my skin. I will definitely keep these as a permanent part of my beauty routine. If I could give it 6 stars, I would.

on 4/11/2009 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I must say, I absolutely ADORE these pads (like everyone on MUA seems to)!!!!!! They are a 20% blend of AHA/BHAs, as well as amino acids, and they retexturize your skin in a jiffy like no other. In other words, it's 60 cotton pads soaked in a really potent cocktail of glycolic, lactic (for exfoliation and hyperpigmentation), salicylic (to clean pores from the inside out), linolenic (to boost moisture) and amino acids, that do everything from smoothing out texture to lightening dark spots to stopping breakouts in their tracks. Sounds really harsh, but surprisingly the mix is pretty gentle and doesn't sting at all! You can even use it everyday according to the directions (although I don't, since I also use RAM 0.04%). IMO they really really really help with flakes and dryness associated with retinoid-usage. They're a dream team together for me (used alternately of course).

I've tried the MUAC Glycolic Peel up to 40%, as well as in-clinic microdermabrasion and chemical peels, and honestly these pads do the same job if not better. It's cheaper, more convenient, no danger of burning your skin off, and you get amazing, professional results without having to pay loads of money.

I find that the best way to use it is to combine the chemical exfoliation with physical exfoliation. I rub the pad on my skin in a circular motion for up to 60 seconds, and then I leave it on for up to 30 minutes (I know, it says shorter but I have really tough elephant hide level skin). I end up little red so I make sure to do this at night, but the redness fades quickly and in the morning I am left with glowing, clear skin! I will never be without these little pads, and count them as one of the HG products that killed my persistent breakouts. Make sure to not "rub" on an active breakout though. Just swipe lightly over it to coat it, and it will greatly help with killing it and lessening the chance of it leaving a mark. I'd suggest these to anyone who has wanted a professional peel or microdermabrasion, and hasn't been able to because they haven't won the lottery yet, lol. But seriously, from experience, this is MUCH better than peels/microderm from a clinic.

on 4/6/2009 10:59:00 PM

WOW! After reading reviews here I went out and bought this a couple of months ago. I have not had a zit since I started using this. I was and presently still using the PTR AHA/BHA Acne serum which has been great but in combination with the Unwrinkle pads, it's an unbeatable combination. My skin is so smooth and free of blemishes, even during my period. I'm in love. I'm going to go out and get the Unwrinkle for eyes. I only use the pads like 2 times per week. The pads will last me a few more months.

Popular Treatments (Face)