December 21, 2014 | 898 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 10:59:00 AM More reviews by JudgeJudy41

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my second week of using these pads & can see a noticeable difference in my pore size ( magnifying mirrors don't lie ). My pores have minimized in size by at least 80%. I wash my face and follow with the pads. I swipe and leave the solution on for about 2 minutes. After that, I thoroughly rinse my face. My skin is ridiculously hyper sensitive and these pads have not caused any irritation or redness. The only problem I have experienced is some minor itching that occurs a few hours later. I may have to go with 30 seconds and then rinse. Other than that - everything is fine. My face feels like glass and it helps my serums and moisturizers sink in better. I'm currently using 2 pads a week and once accustomed, I will use these every other day.

I bought these thru QVC and used the easy pay plan. I figure 60 pads will last @ least 4-5 months. I've been using Dr.Denese resurfacing peel ( I really like ), but only get 12 treatments for about $36.00, including s&h. The PTR pads are a better bargain. A++

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I usually wait longer than a week before I review a product, but I already see results from this product. I have a few spots of melasma on my face that really bother me, and these pads have decreased the appearance of them more in one week than applying PTR's and Pevonia Botanica's products that target skin spots for eight months. And my skin is smooth, soft, and looks brighter and more even-toned. My pores even look smaller with and without makeup. I am truly impressed and think these will become a staple in my routine. Highly recommended!

Update 4/1: I've been applying this to the back of my hands as recommended on the package. Wow! The skin on my hands looks ten years younger! This is some product!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Peaches27

Well, I have only been using these little pads for a few days but already notice a difference. My skin looks smoother, and clearer. I imagine as time goes on it will only get better! I was looking for something to give my dull skin a boost and help rid me of some of these red marks. I was about to order MUAC glycolic peel but was honestly a little scared...wanted to try something else first and then maybe move to that. And I wanted something easy.
These are pricey, but I think will be worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by jacks250

These are amazing. I have only used it a couple times now but after I use it, my hyperpigmented/sun damaged skin looks brighter and a bit more even toned....best of all, my huge pores on my cheeks look SOOOO much smaller...they really do, ...I think these are absolutely amazing, I can't imagine how good the results will be after 30 days.

EDIT: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't leave it on for more than 5 minutes......I left it on for like 10 minutes one night, and that was okay.....but then another night I left it on for 20 MINUTES (WHY do i this, i don't know) and it made my pores BIGGER, and my hyperpigmented spots darker/more red.....my skin just looks aggravated (obviously, i'm an idiot). so just please follow the instructions carefully and don't do what i did....4 days later, and my skin still looks like this.

EDIT 2: Okay, I just wanted to say that I absolutely can't live without these.....I just started using them again after my previous mishap, and have graduated to using it every other day. The effects don't last longer than 2 days, but when I do use it, I can actually get away with not wearing foundation (not that I still don't need it, it's just that it's not a travesty without it!)....anyway, PTR PLEEEEASE never discontinue this...I don't know what I would do without these pads!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 9:45:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These pads are amazing. My skin has never been so soft, so clear and so smooth.

I have a few left and need to finish them up.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 8:48:00 AM More reviews by tvartdiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The Bobsled of Skincare!
Unwrinkle, Uncrust, Unflake, Un, Well Everything!

From flakes and dry patches to Ketosis Pilaris and 5 tone Sally and those pesky lines. It has your AHA/BHAs, Amino Acid and more all in one! This little magic wonder pad does it including it's friendliness toward eczema, malasma, hyperpigmentation and acne/rosacea. Leaves skin smoother, more even, absolutely radiant... and totally poreless!

Use on a makeupless face... I recommend even circular strokes from forehead to declatae, hands, hell I use it on most surfaces! Leave on for no more than 5 minutes total then rinse, rinse, rinse thoroughly, followed by a your favorite mild cleanser like Cerave or Shiseido to assure their is no residue left behind. Now is the time to use the best moisturizer on the planet.

*You may feel a bit of a tingle as it works it's magic, but don't be alarmed, it's just plain working. I have extremely sensitive skin and have never reacted, but **you must trust your own judgement when it comes to peels. If you feel great discomfort or burning, remove immediately.

Note: If ony using for the face or other small area, I have found that a half a pad works great and doubles your jar. I also add a few extra cosmetic cotton pads to the bottom of the jar as it comes quite "juiced". I keep these in my kit and the studio as a quick fix for those surprise crusty cats that wind up in your chair from time to time.

**As a TV/Film union artist, I will not endorse any product I do not truly believe in.

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Starla4807

These were nice to try. I just used up my last pad today. They take off the last traces of makeup and dirt from my face. Made my skin softer and brighter. I prefer my Physical Chemistry to this as the results are better for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 12:49:00 PM More reviews by ljlw0629

Add my YES vote! I started using the Peter Roth peel pads to supplement professional peels. I love the way it makes my skin smooth and glowing. Have been using just a couple of times a week, but based on reviews, I will increase. I also tend to leave it on longer than the instructions recommend; no adverse effects. I will try cutting the pads in half to make the product last longer. I use it on my hands as well; however, I am afraid they need something stronger to reverse years of sun damage. I have worked to whittle my skin care products/regimen down to a few staples/steps that seem to make my skin look its best. These pads made the cut!

16 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 12:25:00 PM More reviews by lucypiggie

HG!

I love love love this peel. I can totally see a difference in my skin's clarity. I cut the pads in half and that works great. I tried using it on the back of my hands but strangely it caused an allergic reaction on my hand - but luckily not on my face! Because of the reaction on my hand, I don't use this product every day. I just use it every few days at night (sometimes in the AM if I think my face needs a boost).

Whenever I use this peel, I follow it up with Burt's Bees Naturally Ageless serum. It's a combination of healing wonderful oils and you only need 3 drops (MAX!) for your entire face. Leaves my skin feeling and looking SO soft.

I have skin that is prone to breakouts and I haven't had any problems (although I am using now kinerase clear skin serum - another HG for me - which could be why my skin isn't breaking out at all).

Great product that I will definitely continue using, and I feel like I'm getting my money's worth now that I am cutting the pads in half.

Oh, and my brown spots (i get a brown spot every time I get a zit...ugh) are actually fading and getting lighter.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2009 8:11:00 PM More reviews by dbentz45

I love this stuff - use it every night and am not disappointed one bit. I had to order this online from the US (can't find it in Ontario yet!) and am really pleased with the results. My skin was sun damaged and I started noticing fine lines and general ruddines with my skin (I am 45 and was a sun worshipper back in the late great 80's) I use one pad after taking my makeup off and use it on my face, neck and back of my hands. Little tingly but my skin is like silk - couple that with using a microdermabrasion treatment twice a week and my skin looks better these days than it has in years....wouldn't have found out about this product without MAU - thanks reviewers!!!

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No