Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliners

3.4

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Great eyeliner. I wear espresso in this and really like it. I really like the little sponge tip at opposite end if I want a more smudged/smokey look. Don't think it is totally waterproof, but for me it has good staying power.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Works well for smokey eyes but not if you want defined eye look because it smudges easily.

on 2/16/2009 10:20:00 AM

I'm so happy I got this eyeliner. I found a two-pack at my local Wal-Mart for $8, which is a steal for myself. I have it in Onyx and Expresso. The Expresso is a pretty color, though it did not look right with my black/brown mascara for some reason...
Anywho, I used the Onyx along my top lash line and used the little sponge on the bottom end to smudge it up into my eyeshadow. I also lined the outer corner of my bottom lash line and smudged it. And I dare-say, I successfully did a smokey look. The color stayed well through the day, although by night-fall, it was started to sneak into the creases under my eyes...
I'm glad I got this, the sponge-tip is a neat little helper. At any rate, I will be using this as my go-to eyeliner.

on 2/14/2009 1:41:00 PM

I love this eyeliner! No more eye liner pencils for me. The application is easy and smooth. The color lasts the whole day. No sharpening, just twist. This is actually the ONLY makeup product my sister uses. Just a light sweep of this under her bottom lashes in the morning and that's it. : )

on 2/12/2009 3:24:00 AM

Love this product, so easy to apply! I've learned, though, that in humid conditions it doesn't always stay put. The packaging is great and clean, I don't care much for the little sponge at the other end though.

on 1/22/2009 12:37:00 PM

This is my favorite eyeliner - it's easy to use, blends well, and doesn't cost a fortune. I have this in black and espresso - I also like the smudger on the end - no more hunting for q-tips. This makes lining my eyes a snap -

My favorite look with this eyeliner: Use L'Oreal's eyeshadow duo in Bronze Star - use the lighter shade in the duo for a wash for the whole lid, line with the espresso liner, smudge slightly, and then top the liner with the darker shade in the shadow duo - great for work makeup that pops!

on 1/18/2009 8:24:00 PM

I cannot tell you how excited I was to find that these were "self-sharpening." Not that I am overly lazy, but you can tell the "points" aren't as sharp as what you'd get from sharpening them yourself, and I am always paranoid I will poke my eye. I also prefer a softer, smudged look, so these seemed promising.

Yes, it was fairly easy to apply, and yes, they self-sharpen, but the color doesn't last very long at all. I want to say the color stayed on as applied for about an hour. Also, I didn't apply to my lower lash line, but it still tends to smudge below the lower lash line, which is something I absolutely abhor. It was like all the pigment came off my eye and gathered underneath.

Quel dommage...

on 1/13/2009 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

These liners are OK. I have then in brown, charcoal, and black, and the colors run pretty true. They're smooth and easy to apply, and even on the waterline you can create a strong line. They're cheap and widely available. Walmart sells them for $4 a piece, sometimes you can get two for $5, and if you can find coupons then it's really a good deal. They do smudge, but since I don't wear much liner, it's not really a problem for me. I would probably buy these again, but I'd like to try other liners first. These don't have the best staying power, and I hate touching up while I'm at work.

on 1/11/2009 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I used this for a little less than a year. It glides on nice and smooth but it didn't last long. It smudged easily and it would wipe/wear off completely within a couple of hours even on my upperlid when I used a base. I would have to reapply this several times a day. I didn't use the smudger tip but it's nice that it's there. This was cheaper than the Maybelline Unstoppable eyeliner and it worked better, but have become really careful with buying drug store brands and try to get department store brands because I'm really starting to believe you get what you pay for!

I'm now using MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil and it's the best eyeliner pencil I've used. I'm hooked!

on 1/10/2009 10:57:00 PM

I also get this in Espresso, and I really like it, it's one of the few eyeliners I've actually repurchased. It glides on really smooth and the color is actually noticeable, but it's not harsh. The staying power is the reason it's a 4 and not a 5...you get the staying power you pay for I guess. It doesn't last all day, and it does tend to smudge, though this is good for me because I like my eyeliner to be a little smudgey. Either way, I'll probably always have this in my make-up case.

Update: 12/28/2013: I have tried some other eyeliners and will no longer use this. It's just too smudgy. I like to smudge my eyeliner a bit, but this just ended up looking messy and did not last through even half of the workday.