April 18, 2014 | 891 users online

Eyeliner - Cover Girl - Perfect Point Plus Eyeliners

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by MonFleur

I cannot tell you how excited I was to find that these were "self-sharpening." Not that I am overly lazy, but you can tell the "points" aren't as sharp as what you'd get from sharpening them yourself, and I am always paranoid I will poke my eye. I also prefer a softer, smudged look, so these seemed promising.

Yes, it was fairly easy to apply, and yes, they self-sharpen, but the color doesn't last very long at all. I want to say the color stayed on as applied for about an hour. Also, I didn't apply to my lower lash line, but it still tends to smudge below the lower lash line, which is something I absolutely abhor. It was like all the pigment came off my eye and gathered underneath.

Quel dommage...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

These liners are OK. I have then in brown, charcoal, and black, and the colors run pretty true. They're smooth and easy to apply, and even on the waterline you can create a strong line. They're cheap and widely available. Walmart sells them for $4 a piece, sometimes you can get two for $5, and if you can find coupons then it's really a good deal. They do smudge, but since I don't wear much liner, it's not really a problem for me. I would probably buy these again, but I'd like to try other liners first. These don't have the best staying power, and I hate touching up while I'm at work.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 10:10:00 AM More reviews by mzcali4nia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this for a little less than a year. It glides on nice and smooth but it didn't last long. It smudged easily and it would wipe/wear off completely within a couple of hours even on my upperlid when I used a base. I would have to reapply this several times a day. I didn't use the smudger tip but it's nice that it's there. This was cheaper than the Maybelline Unstoppable eyeliner and it worked better, but have become really careful with buying drug store brands and try to get department store brands because I'm really starting to believe you get what you pay for!

I'm now using MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil and it's the best eyeliner pencil I've used. I'm hooked!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by crystal105

I also get this in Espresso, and I really like it, it's one of the few eyeliners I've actually repurchased. It glides on really smooth and the color is actually noticeable, but it's not harsh. The staying power is the reason it's a 4 and not a 5...you get the staying power you pay for I guess. It doesn't last all day, and it does tend to smudge, though this is good for me because I like my eyeliner to be a little smudgey. Either way, I'll probably always have this in my make-up case.

Update: 12/28/2013: I have tried some other eyeliners and will no longer use this. It's just too smudgy. I like to smudge my eyeliner a bit, but this just ended up looking messy and did not last through even half of the workday.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 11:39:00 PM More reviews by WenChriste

Espresso! (brown) That's my color. I've bought this a billion times. Its my favorite eyeliner. Goes on smooth 'n easy, twist sharpening, has a nice little rubber end for blending (which I never remember to use). For the most part, it lasts the whole day. I buy it at Wal-Mart for around $6 I think. I never look because its a "have to" situation. Worth your money, try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2008 10:31:00 PM More reviews by azianbeauty

Eye lining pencils hurt my eyes so I use this one because the tip is very soft and it's very easy to apply. This is the eyeliner I use most of the time however, it does tend to smudge throughout the day, especially if it's really humid.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2008 12:55:00 AM More reviews by gildedangel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner, most of them go on well. I have this in Starlighting, Espresso and Onyx. My favorite one is espresso, it is SO smooth and creamy. I use these now for my waterline as I am now addicted to gel liners. I love these (except for Starlighting, see my review on it for more details) and highly recommend them.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by ss14dk

it a good eyeliner but it doesnt stay on all day and its not dark enough it looks like navy blue after a while. the smuger works but i dont use because its really creamy and the packing is ok the top one stay o but the smuger cover comes off really easliy and because its clear you can lose it easliy the clicker is really good though

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2008 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Bhree

Awww, this was my first eyeliner.

My eye doctor says I've got the strongest blink reflex he's ever seen. I started trying to line my eyes when I was 12. First I could only line the bottom. I used this in charcoal to touch up my mistakes easier.

I remember having issues with it smudging with the corners of my eyes. Of course my eyes water from time to time so it's no big deal for most people. It had great color and was very easy to apply. Great for beginners because you never have to worry about sharpening it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2008 6:33:00 PM More reviews by C10

This is my favorite eyeliner of all time. It's the only thing that I will actually go to a store and buy is as soon as I've run out/lost it. I wear charcoal, which is a great color if you don't want somethign as harsh as black. I love that you can make a thin or thick line easily. It goes on smooth, I haven't had any problems with smearing. Basically, it's everything I want in a liner.

One thing I don't like though is the clicker thing to move the liner up?? It's quite difficult and awkward to click. I always feel like I'm about to break it. But it works, so it's a minor thing to complain about.