August 1, 2014 | 1165 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by OhJodie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Aaah, The humble lemon!
It is probably now my favourite fruit, Because A. it tastes good and B. It does amazing things to your skin!
Because of Pancake day, My mum went out and bought two of those lemon shaped bottles of juice (unnessicary, because I am the only person who likes lemon in our house)
So, of course, we still had loads of juice left, so I looked up 'Alternative uses for lemon juice' and MUA came up and I read the reviews and tried it.
I LOVE LEMON JUICE NOW.
My skin is notorious for breakouts, red marks, ect, and this really helps!
I reccomend it to you guys :) <3 x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I simply cannot sing enough praises for this product. Ok, well lets start by how cheap and convenient it is- I got a 15 oz bottle of pure lemon juice from concentrate for $2.19 at my local grocery store. Now, on to how well it works. I've only used this twice and I can see a visible difference! My mostly-faded winter freckles are lighter, as as the acne scars on my face. My whole face just looks lighter, brighter and more even-toned. I applied it all over my face with a cotton ball last night and this morning my skin isn't any drier than normal- no flakies or anything like that. I thought that would be a problem because of the high concentration of citric acid, but it isn't. My skin isn't tight or red or dry, just light and luminous. I will keep using this every other night or so and will definitely repurchase. I never dreamed that such an effective skincare product could be so natural and cheap. I'm really glad I tried this and will incorporate it immediately into my regular skincare routine!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 5:05:00 AM More reviews by annersz

Ok so i brought those small lemon juice in that lemon bottle & ive been wanting to try it on my face. my goal is to lighten some sun spots/ freckles on the top of my cheekbones.

[March 24, 2012] So my daily night time routine is that i wash my face with the same cleanser and the apply toner (usally when i look at the cotton ball after im done wiping my face its just barely any dirt/residue on there). instead of toner i used lemon juice today. So then i was just going to leave it on all night and wash it off tomarrow morning, but for some odd reason i looked in the mirror and i see and could feel that i had some kinda product on my face. so then i used a cotton ball and apply toner to my face, i looked at the cotton ball and seen that i had all this makeup/foundation on it, its like the lemon juice sucked out what was in my pores to the surface of my skin! wow this is amazing! im going to try this again tomarrow night and see if it happens again. Im pretty blown away right now! :) Will update !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by catherinesophia

This is one of the best kept beauty secrets. I have been spending lots of money on expensive products from my fancy dermatologist, and who knew that an inexpensive lemon could work better than all the fancy expensive and lab tested products I have bought in the past. I have been using lemons on my face for about two weeks and I have already noticed a dramatic lightening of my acne scars and overall redness on my cheeks. I apply lemon juice with a cotton ball before bed, wait ten minutes, then apply coconut oil and then go to bed. I don't wash my face before doing this, as I feel that the makeup and oil etc creates a buffer between my sensitive skin and the lemon juice and it tends to sting a lot less. I also think the lemon juice acts as a toner, as a lot of my makeup ends up on the cotton ball. I apply more lemon juice to the areas that are especially red, like my cheeks.
To say that I noticed a difference is an understatement. I can now go out without makeup on and not feel self conscious about my red patches, as they are almost entirely faded. I am so happy that I started doing this, and even happier that it is a natural solution to this problem; hurray for nature!

UPDATE: I started using a AHA lotion at night instead of lemon juice. Lemons are expensive in SF ($1 each), and the lotion is less messy. Amazon sells a great one, and it is working just as well as the lemon juice. It gives me the same sting/tingle when I apply it :)

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Gorgeous123

- This is the secret to clean & gorgeous skin :D ! on my face left cheek i had two zits & like 3 pimples so what i did was i went to CVS (the drug store) & i bought the 'Clean & clear deep action exfoliating oil- free' & washed my face every night & then i applied half of a lemon on my entire face i left it on that night and the next morning my zits and pimples got so small i was IMPRESS! :DD i did the same routine for about 3-4 days & now my skin is clear as it can be ! ...NOTE: If you get your face clear DON'T STOP DOING THE SAME ROUTINE EVERYNIGHT!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by cjay0444

sooo happy i discovered this!! at night after washing my face I rub lemon juice from concentrate ..or a real lemon if i run out of the juice.. all over my face using a cotton ball. i let it dry, then apply a moisturiser ( i use yes to tomoatoes daily balancing moisturiser). its important to put a moisturiser on after to avoid drying out your skin. Ive been doing this every night for about a month now and have noticed soo much improvment on my skin. I am less oily now and acne scars are 90% faded. the number of breakouts i get have deffinetly gone down though i still get those annoying big ones once and a while. My skin just in general feels much cleaner now and has a nice glow to it. I also squeeze half a lemon into a cup of water every morning which also helps new pimples from forming.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by dealfinder648

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I did the lemon juice (from bottle) and sugar exfoliant scrub and it worked wonderfully....better than most products I've used. It gently lifted away a few drying old acne spots too. I plan on doing that at least once a week. It's a great mini-peel. I might try a lower acid fruit, like grapefruit as recommended below, for more frequent use.

Between this and EVOO and honey for cleansing and extra moisturization, it's really saving my skin this winter with no adverse side effects like some products can cause. Can't wait to try other natural products.

It makes sense to use products as natural as possible with no preservatives. The older I get, the more I realize that God really did put everything we need here in the nature he created. It's pretty awesome.

30 out of 34 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by sugary_sweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Lemon juice has done wonders for my complexion. I typically use it as a toner of sorts after washing my face. For me personally, lemon juice is invaluable as a means to control oil. It doesn't stop the oil production entirely, but it does manage to slow the process way, way down. Glorious! Also, it helps to expedite the fading of hyperpigmentation from breakouts! I've never used a product that was able to do what lemon juice has done for me. My makeup lasts all day and my face doesn't end up with that dreaded shine. I typically use the juice straight from a bottle, but those with more sensitive skin may want to dilute the lemon juice at least a little bit with some water. Oh, how I wish I would have discovered this trick when I was younger (with horrid acne issues). It really would have saved me a lot of heartache! HG!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by monicadavis

Love it!!!!! I use lemon juice (plastic lemon) works the same as real lemon. It's a lot easier to keep on your dresser than a "real lemon". It has helped me so much with my acne and my oily skin. I have tried lots of over the counter stuff and this works 10x's better!!! I use it only at night, rub it on my face and neck with a cotton ball. Leave on overnight, in the morning I rinse it off. It has helped fade my freckles too.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 9:26:00 AM More reviews by ssslasher23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Lemons are my secret weapon. I have has bad acne since I was 12 (and I'm now 19) and have tried EVERY product out there: Proactiv, Cetaphil, Biore, the list goes on. My grandma told me about using lemon juice on my acne and acne scars. Gave it a try and, oh my god, am I ever glad I did! I just put it on at night wherever needed and in the morning my skin looks 10x better. This is my nightly routine -- love you, lemons 8)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No