October 1, 2014 | 1797 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by deniseang

Have used lemon juice for about 2 weeks. It lessened my scars considerably, but it also gave me countless little bumps all over my face. I'm wondering if it's too harsh or if it's the tropical humid weather in my country. Or perhaps it works better for non-asian skins. Anyway I suppose I won't be using this regiment again unless necessary.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by tiggi23

Lemon juice is simply AMAZING! I have had persistent acne since my teenage years and at 24 I have had enough of expensive products that do nothing to help my skin. Whilst my pimples are now slowing down I have scarring on my chin and forehead that will not budge. In search of a natural remedy I stumbled across lemon juice and I am so thankful that I did. I have been using it as a toner at night (50% pure lemon juice/50% water) and also in combination with honey as a face mask.
Within the first few days of using lemon juice my scaring has lightened dramatically, my skin feels smooth and any pimples I did have appear smaller. It had also worked wonders on reducing redness.
At first I did experiencing stinging from the juice because I had some broken skin but that settled ery quickly, and I ensure I use moisturizer with sunscreen day and night to prevent drying and sun damage.
If you uncertain about trying lemon juice, all I can say is DO IT! I can actually now feel ok about my skin when I'm not wearing make up which I haven't been able to do since I was 15, thankyou lemons!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by lawschoolnerd1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Before I started being really careful with my skin, I used this every second or third day (depending on how oily my skin was). I loved the results. My skin was smoother and my pores even looked smaller. I never had any problems with it. I stopped using this in June 2011 on the advice of my dermatologist, who said this is too irritating. It can damage your skin, and since your skin then has to repair itself it can inhibit collagen production. I thought I should let everyone here know this. There are other ways to achieve the same results as lemon juice that are much safer for your skin, such as AHAs and/or BHAs, and you can get your AHAs from a yogurt mask! (see the MUA product review for 'Yogurt Mask' for more information). However you choose to exfoliate your skin, make sure you are wearing sunscreen (even if you are indoors all day) or else you are probably due for some seriously unpleasant skin problems down the road. I will not be repurchasing as I will not be using lemon juice on my skin anymore. The yogurt mask has become my new favorite natural remedy.

12 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 4:45:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

All I can say is: Waw!
My mother and grandmothers have been using lemon juice for household cleaning but they also said that lemon juice can make your skin whiter, make the freckles fade and if you put few drops of lemon juice in warm water and drink it (right when you wake up and before breakfast, use a straw so that you don't damage your teeth) it can help your digestion and it is good for detox.
WARNING! The following review is based on my own experience. What works for me may not work for you. If you have dry, sensitive skin DON'T use undiluted lemon juice. Dilute it and use every now and then and only on problem areas. You MUST use a very good moisturizer and sunscreen!!! DON'T use it on pimples that you just popped or on any open wound you may have on your face! It stings a lot! I do use it on freshly popped pimples but I am ok with the pain. Not all skins are the same!
About putting lemon juice (I don't dilute it) on MY face:
I have some freckles and I always wanted to try lemon juice to make them fade but now I don't care about them anymore because I have lots of blackheads that I want to get rid of!
I have been using it for a week (I plan to do this for a whole month...if possible) and even though it is too early, I could still say that I have nice results.
I won't use lemon juice on my whole face in the summer (only on pimples or deep blackheads) but for the moment as I stay inside most of the time, I use it on the whole face.
I leave it on the whole day and the whole night. My skin is used with acids so lemon juice doesn't hurt me, it doesn't sting and it is not irritating BUT sometimes though, my skin is tight and bit itchy so I put a rich moisturiser during day time and Clarins lotus oil at night and it is ok for me and my skin is calmed down in an instant.

I used the lemon juice every day and night for a whole week. The results:
-my skin is brighter, smoother, toned, even and my pores are smaller and most of them are clean.
-my scars are fading
- one evening I had a big pimple with yellow puss and I popped it, I put lemon juice on it and the next morning it was flat and I had a tiny dot where I popped it. By evening, after wearing moisturiser during day, it was gone.
- I had another pimple growing close to this one so I kept putting lemon juice on it and in 3-4 days it was gone. It didn't grow, it was less red and after day 1 I popped it. I realised that when you pop it (I don't reccomend this though as it can leave a big, red patch or worse on your face) if I put lemon juice on it, the next day is way better.
- l don't have that many blackheads anymore and last night when I was having a shower, I had a small itch on my skin and when I scratched gently , 2 deep blackheads that I could never get rid of them, came out.
- on my right side of my lower jaw, I have 3 pimples and some scars that been there for some weeks. I didn't care about them, I just let them do their thing, but after using lemon juice, 2 pimples are growing now but the scars are fading. I won't pop these pimples, I will continue using the lemon juice and see what it happens.

Disadvantages:
-I wouldn't use this every day for a long period- only when needed on a pimple or deep blackheads.
- you MUST wear sunscreen if you go out a lot, even if it is winter.

14 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 4:34:00 AM More reviews by jessiejane1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

amazing when you want to fade scarring fast!!

I had acne for years which got really really bad last year, i was left with loads of scarring below my cheeks. Like blotchy red/ bown scars, my skin looked so uneven all over really.

I have tried loads of big brand scar treatments- whitening treatments to even out my skin tone- dermalogica-, dermaquestt etc and nothing works like lemon juice so save your money!

been using lemon juice (from concentrate recently)- only difference is that its less diluted, if you dont want it stronger just dilute it yourself with water as using fresh lemons daily is just anoying and messy for no good reason- i think the concentrated version works more.

After using lemon juice i noticed amazing results in one day, the redness was 60% improved! so after a few weeks you can imagin how amazed i was.
Its far better than the chemical peels i have had in past- most would say this is due to the acid renewing cell turnover- but it cant do that in just one day! - i think its more down to the bleaching effect of the lemon juice- its great for lightening your hair in summer. FYI - it works best in the sun to lighten hair but be careful if its on your face you need a good SPF.

I used it last summer on holiday to lighten my hair (which it did amazingly by the way) and it dripped so much onto my bikini bottoms that they are now 4 shades lighter than the bikini top! hard to imagin that something so simple and gentle is so powerful! i managed to ruin three tops and a pair of sweatpants as well- on clothes lemon juice works like bleach- so much so that i put it in the white wash now!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by OhJodie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Aaah, The humble lemon!
It is probably now my favourite fruit, Because A. it tastes good and B. It does amazing things to your skin!
Because of Pancake day, My mum went out and bought two of those lemon shaped bottles of juice (unnessicary, because I am the only person who likes lemon in our house)
So, of course, we still had loads of juice left, so I looked up 'Alternative uses for lemon juice' and MUA came up and I read the reviews and tried it.
I LOVE LEMON JUICE NOW.
My skin is notorious for breakouts, red marks, ect, and this really helps!
I reccomend it to you guys :) <3 x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I simply cannot sing enough praises for this product. Ok, well lets start by how cheap and convenient it is- I got a 15 oz bottle of pure lemon juice from concentrate for $2.19 at my local grocery store. Now, on to how well it works. I've only used this twice and I can see a visible difference! My mostly-faded winter freckles are lighter, as as the acne scars on my face. My whole face just looks lighter, brighter and more even-toned. I applied it all over my face with a cotton ball last night and this morning my skin isn't any drier than normal- no flakies or anything like that. I thought that would be a problem because of the high concentration of citric acid, but it isn't. My skin isn't tight or red or dry, just light and luminous. I will keep using this every other night or so and will definitely repurchase. I never dreamed that such an effective skincare product could be so natural and cheap. I'm really glad I tried this and will incorporate it immediately into my regular skincare routine!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 5:05:00 AM More reviews by annersz

Ok so i brought those small lemon juice in that lemon bottle & ive been wanting to try it on my face. my goal is to lighten some sun spots/ freckles on the top of my cheekbones.

[March 24, 2012] So my daily night time routine is that i wash my face with the same cleanser and the apply toner (usally when i look at the cotton ball after im done wiping my face its just barely any dirt/residue on there). instead of toner i used lemon juice today. So then i was just going to leave it on all night and wash it off tomarrow morning, but for some odd reason i looked in the mirror and i see and could feel that i had some kinda product on my face. so then i used a cotton ball and apply toner to my face, i looked at the cotton ball and seen that i had all this makeup/foundation on it, its like the lemon juice sucked out what was in my pores to the surface of my skin! wow this is amazing! im going to try this again tomarrow night and see if it happens again. Im pretty blown away right now! :) Will update !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by catherinesophia

This is one of the best kept beauty secrets. I have been spending lots of money on expensive products from my fancy dermatologist, and who knew that an inexpensive lemon could work better than all the fancy expensive and lab tested products I have bought in the past. I have been using lemons on my face for about two weeks and I have already noticed a dramatic lightening of my acne scars and overall redness on my cheeks. I apply lemon juice with a cotton ball before bed, wait ten minutes, then apply coconut oil and then go to bed. I don't wash my face before doing this, as I feel that the makeup and oil etc creates a buffer between my sensitive skin and the lemon juice and it tends to sting a lot less. I also think the lemon juice acts as a toner, as a lot of my makeup ends up on the cotton ball. I apply more lemon juice to the areas that are especially red, like my cheeks.
To say that I noticed a difference is an understatement. I can now go out without makeup on and not feel self conscious about my red patches, as they are almost entirely faded. I am so happy that I started doing this, and even happier that it is a natural solution to this problem; hurray for nature!

UPDATE: I started using a AHA lotion at night instead of lemon juice. Lemons are expensive in SF ($1 each), and the lotion is less messy. Amazon sells a great one, and it is working just as well as the lemon juice. It gives me the same sting/tingle when I apply it :)

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Gorgeous123

- This is the secret to clean & gorgeous skin :D ! on my face left cheek i had two zits & like 3 pimples so what i did was i went to CVS (the drug store) & i bought the 'Clean & clear deep action exfoliating oil- free' & washed my face every night & then i applied half of a lemon on my entire face i left it on that night and the next morning my zits and pimples got so small i was IMPRESS! :DD i did the same routine for about 3-4 days & now my skin is clear as it can be ! ...NOTE: If you get your face clear DON'T STOP DOING THE SAME ROUTINE EVERYNIGHT!