Sonia Kashuk Bent Eyeliner Brush

4.6

brush

on 2/10/2009 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

First off, let me start off by letting you all who read these reviews know that I am a beginner with makeup. I've been INTO makeup for quite awhile, but I have actually just started messing with actually blending, doing eyeliner, placing on blush/highlight,ect. For me, putting on eyeliner was/is one the most complicated things I have encountered with makeup so far. Anywho, do to the meat of the review. This brush cost me around $6/$7 bucks(i can't remember the exact pricing) at Target. I had heard a review on youtube from a girl who claimed that the brush was Godsend and it made applying eyeliner so much easier because the brush was bent at an angle. So the question that remains is, does the brush actually work?? My answer is yes/no. I say yes, because I can definitely tell this brush is wonderful and will do wonders once I grasp placing eyeliner on BUT in my opinion the brush is a bit flimsy, making the line a bit bigger. If this brush had a bit more firmer packed bristles (not so firm as to where it would scratch your eye of course,lol) then this brush would be DEF awesome. Is it worth the money??Yes, but i recommend those who arent to good with eyeliner to practice a little and with due time, using this brush would be a piece of cake.

on 1/31/2009 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Let me start off by saying how hard it is for me to line my eyes--I'm Chinese, my eyes are already small, almond shaped, oily, and monolidded, but because they are so small, I have to use eyeliner to accentuate the "lash line" and make my eyes more noticible or I look pre-teen--I'm in my late 20's. I usually use pencil waterproof eyeliner (Almay or Revlon Colorstay) just because I can smudge it if I mess up, and I don't have time to play with a brush with eyeliner since I'm so bad at it! This is sad since I was a model back in my younger years and there were times I had to do my own makeup! No matter how much practice using gel eyeliners with brushes, I couldn't seem to line my eye without messing up my eyeshadow and then it just looks awful!

These ladies on MUA are right on with this bent eyeliner. I seriously was thinking how the heck am I going to get eyeliner on with a bent brush and why would it make that much of a difference? I thought it was only the caliber of the brush that made application easy. I have tried the 266, 209, 210 MAC brushes as well as many small angled eyeliner brushes, and sonia kashuk's smudge brush which actually was my previous eyeliner brush.

Anyway, I have monolidded eyes, have worn eyeliner for over 10 yrs and I still can't figure out eyeliner that doesn't come in the form of a pencil. Enter this bent brush! OMG! The fact that it is bent means you can barely move your hand and the eyeliner will smoothly apply. You can get a tight line with this. I usually rest the base of my palm on the side of my chin/cheek and make small strokes. With the other non-bent brushes, I could never do it well bc of the curves of my eyelids. I have a steady hand, but there's something about the bent brush that eliminates difficulty of getting around the curvature of you eyes. I use MAC fluidline in blacktrack and I LOVE it.

I wish I had tried this brush sooner! In general, I LOVE Sonia Kashuk's line of brushes. I own the black handled powder brush (soft!), and a lot of the regular white handled eyeshadow brushes and lip brush. Her brushes are very affordable and good for a makup maven or even a makeup artist.

My advice is to try it if you have difficulty applying gel eyeliner normally no matter what brush you use. There is something about the bent property that makes it effortless. I love it! I may use it every day since I love the staying power of MAC's fluidline and I can put it on easily with this sweet brush!

on 1/30/2009 12:53:00 PM

I've been trying to score this EL brush for months because of all the rave reviews... It definately lives up to what I expected. I have small lids, so I personally hate having a huge fat line of eyeliner. This makes my eyeliner JUST the right width & I don't even need to pull my lid taut with this. I can just line with one hand! I don't like pulling on my delicate eyelid skin because it can cause premature sagginess and wrinkles. So, thats a huge deal for me.

I THOUGHT this would be my HG brush so I ran out and got it real quick. I've tried numerous times to get the perfect thin line that everyone else gets with this brush, to no avail. The lines I get are super thick no matter how gentle or close the the lash line I go. The hairs of the brush are way too flimsy in my opinion and give me little to no control. I get way better results with my MAC 208 :(.

on 1/26/2009 7:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I put yes on buying again, but I really don't know if I would need to, it seems sturdy. Plus, I've moved to the guerlain/loreal kohl liners and LOVE them. But when I use my gels (oh my gosh, I have toooooo much makeup) I love this brush. I think even newbies could have success with this. It's a great brush, at a great price as I find all the sonja k target brushes to be.

on 1/26/2009 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I would like say my life was totally changed, but I did finally, at 61, learn how to do a decent thin line close to my lashes with this miracle maker. I use it mostly with the LM cakes and but it is also excellent with gels and dampened e/s. Try it, an old dame CAN learn new tricks!

on 1/20/2009 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

THIS IS A HG ITEM IF YOU ARE ASIAN AND HAVE SINGLE LIDS!!!

I, as a lot of asians do, have single eyelids (I don't have an eyelid crease). I never bothered with eyeliner because the applicators always created such a mess that it wasn't worth it for me. Plus, when I did get some product on, my hooded lid would just smear it all over the place. This eyeliner brush lets you EASILY, and i mean EASILY, paint on a very thin line! I didn't even have to tug at my eyelid, I just closed my eye half way and voila, I had perfectly applied eyeliner on my first try for the very first time! Now if I could only find a good eyeliner to use this brush with....

on 1/19/2009 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

As with most people, I'm satisfied with this brush, but not blown away. I use it with my MAC Fluidline, and while it does give me a very thin, precise line, I don't think this brush is anything out of this world. It does what it's supposed to, but nothing beyond that. It is a great find for the price, though.

on 1/12/2009 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think I may be the only person on this planet who absolutely loathes this brush! Perhaps I got a defective one? I don't know; but what I DO know is... my eyeliner never looked worse than the 15 or so times I lined my eyes using this SK Bent Eyeliner brush! I finally decided to remove it from my brush collection so I wouldn't be tempted to give it yet another chance to ruin my eye artistry. I don't know why I can't line my eyes properly with this most-revered brush- but I just can't! First off, I am unable to pick up the right amount of product with it, and then once I start lining, the line comes out messy,choppy, and too thick. I like the thin, straight line that I easily achieve with a slanted eyeliner brush. I've seen tutorials with people using this brush expertly, yet when it's in my fingers, I just can't seem to master the technique! Whether it's the brush or me... I've decided to stick with my MAC #263 and do what I know best with a brush I know best. I guess it's true... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

Love Love Love this brush! It's the only way I can get a nice even, thin line...period. Flat liner brushes never made sense to me...who has a flat eye? Yes, you can stretch out your lid, but I already have extremely hooded eyes, so I'm sure not going to make it any worse. I've had this brush almost a year & some of the bristles are starting to splay. I blame my rough cleansing of the brush & so I'll be off to buy a replacement/backup soon.

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products