November 27, 2014 | 1734 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Bent Eyeliner Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2009 7:45:00 PM More reviews by DrMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Let me start off by saying how hard it is for me to line my eyes--I'm Chinese, my eyes are already small, almond shaped, oily, and monolidded, but because they are so small, I have to use eyeliner to accentuate the "lash line" and make my eyes more noticible or I look pre-teen--I'm in my late 20's. I usually use pencil waterproof eyeliner (Almay or Revlon Colorstay) just because I can smudge it if I mess up, and I don't have time to play with a brush with eyeliner since I'm so bad at it! This is sad since I was a model back in my younger years and there were times I had to do my own makeup! No matter how much practice using gel eyeliners with brushes, I couldn't seem to line my eye without messing up my eyeshadow and then it just looks awful!

These ladies on MUA are right on with this bent eyeliner. I seriously was thinking how the heck am I going to get eyeliner on with a bent brush and why would it make that much of a difference? I thought it was only the caliber of the brush that made application easy. I have tried the 266, 209, 210 MAC brushes as well as many small angled eyeliner brushes, and sonia kashuk's smudge brush which actually was my previous eyeliner brush.

Anyway, I have monolidded eyes, have worn eyeliner for over 10 yrs and I still can't figure out eyeliner that doesn't come in the form of a pencil. Enter this bent brush! OMG! The fact that it is bent means you can barely move your hand and the eyeliner will smoothly apply. You can get a tight line with this. I usually rest the base of my palm on the side of my chin/cheek and make small strokes. With the other non-bent brushes, I could never do it well bc of the curves of my eyelids. I have a steady hand, but there's something about the bent brush that eliminates difficulty of getting around the curvature of you eyes. I use MAC fluidline in blacktrack and I LOVE it.

I wish I had tried this brush sooner! In general, I LOVE Sonia Kashuk's line of brushes. I own the black handled powder brush (soft!), and a lot of the regular white handled eyeshadow brushes and lip brush. Her brushes are very affordable and good for a makup maven or even a makeup artist.

My advice is to try it if you have difficulty applying gel eyeliner normally no matter what brush you use. There is something about the bent property that makes it effortless. I love it! I may use it every day since I love the staying power of MAC's fluidline and I can put it on easily with this sweet brush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 12:53:00 PM More reviews by HapaDynazty

I've been trying to score this EL brush for months because of all the rave reviews... It definately lives up to what I expected. I have small lids, so I personally hate having a huge fat line of eyeliner. This makes my eyeliner JUST the right width & I don't even need to pull my lid taut with this. I can just line with one hand! I don't like pulling on my delicate eyelid skin because it can cause premature sagginess and wrinkles. So, thats a huge deal for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by imsomelicious

I THOUGHT this would be my HG brush so I ran out and got it real quick. I've tried numerous times to get the perfect thin line that everyone else gets with this brush, to no avail. The lines I get are super thick no matter how gentle or close the the lash line I go. The hairs of the brush are way too flimsy in my opinion and give me little to no control. I get way better results with my MAC 208 :(.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2009 7:54:00 PM More reviews by kimball

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I put yes on buying again, but I really don't know if I would need to, it seems sturdy. Plus, I've moved to the guerlain/loreal kohl liners and LOVE them. But when I use my gels (oh my gosh, I have toooooo much makeup) I love this brush. I think even newbies could have success with this. It's a great brush, at a great price as I find all the sonja k target brushes to be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by paintedtoes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I would like say my life was totally changed, but I did finally, at 61, learn how to do a decent thin line close to my lashes with this miracle maker. I use it mostly with the LM cakes and but it is also excellent with gels and dampened e/s. Try it, an old dame CAN learn new tricks!

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by csong12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

THIS IS A HG ITEM IF YOU ARE ASIAN AND HAVE SINGLE LIDS!!!

I, as a lot of asians do, have single eyelids (I don't have an eyelid crease). I never bothered with eyeliner because the applicators always created such a mess that it wasn't worth it for me. Plus, when I did get some product on, my hooded lid would just smear it all over the place. This eyeliner brush lets you EASILY, and i mean EASILY, paint on a very thin line! I didn't even have to tug at my eyelid, I just closed my eye half way and voila, I had perfectly applied eyeliner on my first try for the very first time! Now if I could only find a good eyeliner to use this brush with....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 6:12:00 PM More reviews by lilaclufy19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As with most people, I'm satisfied with this brush, but not blown away. I use it with my MAC Fluidline, and while it does give me a very thin, precise line, I don't think this brush is anything out of this world. It does what it's supposed to, but nothing beyond that. It is a great find for the price, though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I think I may be the only person on this planet who absolutely loathes this brush! Perhaps I got a defective one? I don't know; but what I DO know is... my eyeliner never looked worse than the 15 or so times I lined my eyes using this SK Bent Eyeliner brush! I finally decided to remove it from my brush collection so I wouldn't be tempted to give it yet another chance to ruin my eye artistry. I don't know why I can't line my eyes properly with this most-revered brush- but I just can't! First off, I am unable to pick up the right amount of product with it, and then once I start lining, the line comes out messy,choppy, and too thick. I like the thin, straight line that I easily achieve with a slanted eyeliner brush. I've seen tutorials with people using this brush expertly, yet when it's in my fingers, I just can't seem to master the technique! Whether it's the brush or me... I've decided to stick with my MAC #263 and do what I know best with a brush I know best. I guess it's true... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by scarletspidertn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Love Love Love this brush! It's the only way I can get a nice even, thin line...period. Flat liner brushes never made sense to me...who has a flat eye? Yes, you can stretch out your lid, but I already have extremely hooded eyes, so I'm sure not going to make it any worse. I've had this brush almost a year & some of the bristles are starting to splay. I blame my rough cleansing of the brush & so I'll be off to buy a replacement/backup soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 4:50:00 PM More reviews by cyncord4

Great for someone who doesn't have a steady hand like me and is challenged with putting on gel liners! I like that the brush is bent so its easy application. Also, it's inexpensive as well! I love SK for their quality and price, and how some of their brushes are exact dupes to MAC *something I really can't afford!*