Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder   [DISCONTINUED]
image 1image 2image 3image 4

Ingredients: Talc, Nylon-12, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methylparaben, Triisocetyl Citrate, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, (+/- May contain: Mica, CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide).

on 10/23/2012 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this I put it over my Sonia kashuk tinted moisturizer and it keeps the oil away and gives me a Glow

on 10/21/2012 1:53:00 PM

The worst powder ever! I have combination skin with dry T zone. It only dries my skin even more and highlights my flakes. It was bought before my wedding and I regreted immediately. I'd say, ladies, if you have very dry skin, DO NOT even consider about this powder. I would never buy it again.

on 10/18/2012 5:44:00 AM

this is my go-to powder whenever i use BB cream / liquid foundation / over any sunblock to take away any shine/ stickiness. even for BB cream with the lousiest oil control, i can just powder this on and my base makeup will last whole day (usually from 8am-10pm) with just some blotting. it's finely milled powder with light coverage and fantastic for oily skin / t zone.

I'm pretty neutral on the packaging although the swivel design can be less confusing but i love that it separates the puff and powder and therefore great for travelling / touching up.

the only thing that can be bad for this powder is the lack of SPF and that it's not available in Singapore.

for reference, i am a NC15-20 and uses Light4-5, cream shade.

on 10/17/2012 11:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

This product has always worked well, I have used it for about a year. It provides the very light coverage I need and combats shine. I found it to work better than the laura mercier smooth focus setting powder which costs quite a bit more.

on 10/15/2012 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have combination oily skin, that has been covered (literally, covered) in acne for three years. I have tried every setting powder I could get my hands on to control the oil, until finally I discovered this powder. It was love at first sight. :D Because of the acne, I use a very heavy coverage of foundation, which feels awful, and looks awful UNTIL I apply this powder. :) Even after using it for a year and a half now, I'm always amazed at the difference it makes. Shrinks pores, sets makeup flawlessly, makes acne appear smaller and flattened, looks natural, and non-powdery, doesn't accentuate the fine hairs on the face, has a wonderful lasting powder, doesn't cake up, has lovely packaging that has never malfunctioned, doesn't increase my breakouts, the mirror stays clean because it's twist out, it's just amazing ! I use the lightest on my T-zone, and the medium shade on my cheekbones and temples. As I reapply during the day, it gradually contours my face, which is lovely, because I haven't been able to use bronzer, blush, or highlighter in a long time since it just accentuates the acne on my cheeks...anyway, here's the best part of the whole thing...I CAN FINALLY SAY I HAVE AN HG PRODUCT!! :):):) I recommend it to all my friends, and it has become their HG powders as well. :) The only downside is that it's often hard in the lightest color because it's sold out. Because it's so awesome, everyone buys it. It's around 13$ here, but if you think that's a little high, wait till you try it. It's worth it. It's just great. Go try it. That's all.

on 10/15/2012 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have just begun wearing make-up. My skin is very dry and I thought of giving this powder a try, but it did not suit me. My face looked powdery..and it actually stripped off all the moisture from my skin (I wore it above the foundation)..overall, I did not like the product..I will return it..Any suggestions on good loose or pressed powder for dry skin is welcome..I want my face to look natural and not cakey..

on 10/8/2012 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have super oily skin that is acne-prone and still likes to get dry patches from time to time. This offered no coverage for my acne spots and then accentuated any dry patches I have. It did keep me from becoming shiny but my MAC powder and Rice powder keep my oily at bay much longer.

on 10/8/2012 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the only matte powder I have used that actually stays MATTE for a few hours! It goes on perfectly over any liquid foundation. Will definitely be re-purchasing and the price is great.

on 10/6/2012 3:14:00 AM

this made my face look so powdery and dry, i hated it :(

on 10/1/2012 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a decent matte powder. It is very sheer and silky. I have a t-zone that gets shiny within a few hours of putting anything on and this definitely increases the time I can go without blotting by a couple of hours. The color range leaves a little to be desired but it is sheer enough and blends so well that you might be able to make it work. It is not going to work for you if you are looking for a lot of coverage but it would still be a good setting powder.

Video Reviews & Tutorials