July 28, 2014 | 989 users online

Hair Treatments - Aphogee - Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by rallu

In 3 days i bleached my hair 3 times and colored my hair 3 times. It was like GUM.I was thinking to cut it all off except one inch from the roots and to get some kind of miracle extensions or a wig until i found these reviews here. I went immediately and purchased this treatment .I had to use it almost everyday, i think i used it 4 or 5 times and now a week later i have hair again. I had a "trim" too and my hairdresser was amazed that i still have hair after all this .I just want to thank everyone who wrote a review here otherwise I would be bald by now. THANK YOU

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2008 10:49:00 AM More reviews by nlopez04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Do not try on Dry hair lol I hurts try it on damp hair and let it dry it really does work and use intensive kertain conditiner... good luck...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Judith

Amazing! I have bleached blond hair and I dye the roots every 3 or 4 weeks. My hair was brittle, dry although I always used a moisturizer after washing and 2 a month a deep conditioning hair mask. I have used it 3 times (every 6 weeks) and my hair feels after this treatment so soft. It shines, and bounces like the hair in TV-mmercials.

BUT..you only get this result after you follow the treatment with DEEP CONDITIONING!
That means after rinsing the aphogee (half hour blow drying) you MUST use a conditioner/hair mask (I wrap some transparant folie over it) and use the warm blow dryer again for about 15 minutes.

Rinse...Miracle!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2008 6:35:00 PM More reviews by ahhiitsalex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product did stop the breakage the first time I used it. I don't like the mess you are forced to make when you apply it, so I don't use it that often.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by achat

wow i can totally tell the diff after using this. i left it on for over an hour and i blow dried around it. I didnt use the new conditioner that comes with it i used a shea butter hair mask instead. and i did a blow out and my hair tht was looking dry n dry n dryy is now shiny and softt and healthy looking and feeling. going to get a trim and ill be set. so happy best product ive ever used at home.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2008 11:08:00 PM More reviews by MadameParfum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best hair product I've ever used. My hair is extremely thin/fine, wavy and breaks so I've never been able to grow it very long. This actually made it stronger and thicker too. It hasn't been breaking and looks so much fuller and better. It's wavier and less frizzy too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2008 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Sierro

This saved my hair! I had severely damaged hair from going to platinum, so much so that everyone thought I would end up bald. It was literally cotton candy. I did this treatment and rinsed it out, and then did a lot of moisture treatments. The next day my hair was STILL hard so I had to do another round of moisture and oil treatments. But after my hair softened up, the amount of breakage I had was DRAMATICALLY reduced, almost to nothing. I regained hair that looked and felt healthy and shiny.

I didn't use the two step, only the protein treatment. But I'm familiar enough with what my hair needs to know what I have to put in it. The hardness I felt let me know my hair wasn't so fragile any more. With another round of moisture and oil treatments, I'll be back to hair that looks untouched by chemicals.

If you're familiar with what ratio of protein and moisture your hair is lacking, you can combine this with the moisture treatment in the appropriate ratio with the same great results plus your hair won't turn to concrete and you'll have soft hair when you rinse it out.

I would only recommend this for people with severe damage. If you have less damage, go with Nexxus Emergencee. That one is wonderful for frequently abused hair with moderate wear and tear that needs restoration.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 3:37:00 PM More reviews by owwlala

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Average results disappointed me since everyone else here at MUA seemed to love this stuff. I have dry, coarse, chemically processed hair that only looks good if I straighten, or curl it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2008 2:29:00 AM More reviews by missygeiger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for two years now and have got the routine down that works best for me. I nearly broke off every hair on my head down to an inch from my scalp three years ago over a summer of using SUN -IN !! It wasn't untill Fall that I realized the whole sneaky , slow attack that crap had on my hair. Shocking. I HAD no hair. My hairdresser drilled me on the use of Sun-IN and how danergerous it was ; but the product label doesn't warn you so beware-
I started using Aphogee Treatment and my hair stopped breaking immediatly. Now it's way past my shoulders and in great condition. I had my hair trimmed last month and my hairdresser commented on it's great condition and improvement so fast. My hair does not break as long as I keep up with treatment. If your hair is breaking daily you need to use this to stop it and keep up with it till ALL the damaged hair is CUT OFF. This is how I do it : Shampoo with a clarifying, towel dry. Apply Aphogee ( I've tried many different ways ) apply enough that your hair is totally saturated untill dripping. Wring out excess ( over a big bowl as to save it for next time. This stuff is expensive ) put towel around shoulders under hair to catch the dripping and keep it of your skin. ( It stings bad ) It will continue to drip even though you swear it's starting to harden. Remove towel while hair is still pliable but dripping has stopped. The directions say use a hair dryer, I do for about 15 minutes - then I find something to do for 4 hours while it sits and hardens. This is key. You must put in the time to see results. I've read some people don't use a dryer at all - you don't have to, just make sure it's totally dry and hard before rinsing. You can also water it down a little - mix it in a separate bottle - put it on and let dry. Now the rinse. Not exactly easy.. keep in mind, this is a salon job your doing yourself at home and one wrong move could snap it all off..hence the warning..like putting it on, I've tried many ways of getting it out without touching my head. There's only one way I have found. Draw a bath, get in and lay back till your head is totally under water. Wait. A while. After about 4 minutes your hair will start to soften. Gently rinse it out till it's all out...get under the shower to continue the rinse for about 5 more minutes. If it is not totally out of your hair it will turn out dry, frizzy and could even break; you won't be able to comb it. When it's all out, apply the second step. The directions say leave in 5 minutes, I leave it in an hour, rinse and apply your regular conditioner ( a moisturizing one, not a protein one) . If you can make it through all this mess and headache you WILL have long hair- but you must do it every 6-8 weeks, and use moisturing hair products in-between. This whole process takes about a day, but if your hair is so damaged you should be wearing a wig, this is the way to do it.
UPDATE:
Use this only 1 or 2 times over the course of your hair length. Routine usage will break your hair off. Eventually.

26 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2008 8:28:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily3040

what i want to know is why i haven't heard about this wonderful product in till now! this was such a great treatment for my fine thin hair. i have been trying to grow out my hair but its hard when i have to get an inch cut off each time b/c my hair has so much breakage, so i'm hoping this will really help with that.