November 27, 2014 | 1452 users online

Hair Treatments - Aphogee - Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2008 8:17:00 AM More reviews by maebusch

First off, I have long (1/2 way down my back long) hair. I've always kept my hair in tip top condition despite having 1/4 length highlights in it. However, in the past 6 months I decided to go bright blonde with 3/4 head highlights and after one particularly bad time at the hairdressers (student left bleach on my hair far too long) my once lovely hair was dry, knotty and breaking whenever I touched it. Every time I washed or brushed it so much hair would break off and I was terrified I was going bald!

So I tried Kerastase Forcintense, Biolustre but they didn't really have any effect after a couple of washes. I'm in England too so all these products cost so much more than in the US. Anyway, I'd finally come round to the fact that I might have to get my hair lopped off and was feeling really low when I came across MUA and read about Apogee Two-Step. As look would have it I found it in an Afro-Carribean hair shop 5 minutes from where I live too!

Okay, so it's a pain to apply/dry but alot easier than Biolustre - I also used about a 1/3 amount of what I used with Biolustre. And the result? My hair feels thicker and stronger and when I wash/dry or brush there is minimal breakage. It looks a whole lot better too. I'm still going to have a 2-3 inches cut off the ends but I think Apogee has saved my hair. I would recommend it to anyone with damaged hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2008 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Redhairedbombshell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love the hair board girls, and I really love Katdan for telling me of this wonderful product.

My hair, has been breaking like there is NO tomorrow. My hair was dry. My hair was icky. And I've been on a kick lately to get amazing incredible hair.

Well. Tonight, I used my protien treatment (this aphogee), and at first was not impressed.

Then I used step 2. Again,. Not impressed.

Let my hair air dry...
and I'M IMPRESSED!!!

My hair is soft, my hair is not breaking when I run my fingers through it and best of all its not frizzy!!!!

Yes, I have some serious split ends, but it's OK, I'm getting those chopped off tomorrow but really...my hair FEELS healthier. I did not use a really deep moisturizer because I didn't think I needed to after using the humectant for 2 minutes like the bottle told me to, but I may wind up doing that because many people appear quite adament about that, and usually when the majority speaks ...

they are right!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 9:23:00 PM More reviews by eimcrm46

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this product for the first time today and I think it is amazing. I don't like the smell but who cares if this make your hair strong and healthy again. My hair is bleach and I colored (blonde) every three weeks. It was freezy and very fragile. I just left it a couple of hours and then rinsed, using Redken Butter treatment and the aphogee moisture conditioner at the same time. I think next time I will have to leave the conditioners more time because my hair feels healthier but it is a little hard. I will still use this product. IT IS A GREAT PRODUCT. I'm very satisfied and I recommended this to everyone who have damaged hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

OH I am glad they added this product because I knew about this one for a few years, its the best conditioner for damaged hair and can strengthen even badly bleached hair that is just about to break off.
I Alternate this with Loreal Hair fixer, these 2 cannot be beat!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 1:03:00 PM More reviews by nicholyse

Well, let me describe my hair : Very curly and dry, not relaxed for 1.5 years but still have about 4-5 inches past the shoulders that are relaxed (and very damaged) only color now when I need to.

I used this for the first time a few weeks ago and thought I would see what happened after the first few nights just to be sure. I concur with the other users that this is definitely the "Mother" of all treatments... I've tired most everything to help my hopeless hair. But this was amazing. I did do the treatment as described in Katdan's notepad, but I did start to have some breakage a few days later up until now. I definitely don't think it's a miracle product but by ALL MEANS, it has definitely helped my hair more than anything else, so if you have severely damaged hair, don't hesitate to try this.

The only thing I did differently was I let air dry for a couple of hours and then rinsed, using a hair mayonnaise treatment for a conditioner after. I think where I went wrong was not letting the solution come completely out of my hair... next time I'm going to rinse for about 7 minutes to make sure I get all the protein out. Because of that last time, it left my hair VERY SOFT, but slightly gummy. I will still use this product and find the best way to use it. I would recommend this to anyone with damaged hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 7:34:00 PM More reviews by lilacmess

Wow. I just got a short haircut because I felt like my hair was damaged beyond repair -I wish I would have tried Aphogee first. I used it for the first time on the hair I have left, and the texture of my hair DRASTICALLY improved after 1 treatment. I have thin, baby fine wavy hair that was looking incredibly frizzy, but now it's looking much smoother and it even feels thicker. I used Aphogee about a week ago and I can still see a difference.
Now I just have to keep myself from overdoing it and using too much protein on my hair!
Other viewers are spot on, though -this smells like cat pee and makes everything very sticky. Be very careful to follow the directions.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2008 8:47:00 PM More reviews by wws1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the granddaddy of all protein treatments and it positively saved my over-processed, dry, brittle hair. My hair was literally breaking off. after a botched Japanese Straight Perm, when I decided to try this product, instead of a drastic haircut. I simply washed my hair,applied the product, let it dry for 40 minutes and conditioned (I used the Aphogee Moisturizing Conditioner but in the future, I'd use something more moisturing). I was shocked at how healthy my hair looked afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2008 12:33:00 AM More reviews by SleepyTimeGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I definitely feel that my hair is stronger after using this.

I've been going back to my natural blonde after dying my hair brunette for years. Even though I've been doing it gradually, it still is making some pieces kind of break off. Especially in the front.

And it was feeling very straw like.

I used this product as directed and I noticed less strands in my comb, and softer, stronger feeling hair.

As a skeptic, I didn't really believe this would work. But I'm glad I tried it cause it proved me wrong.

I highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by rallu

In 3 days i bleached my hair 3 times and colored my hair 3 times. It was like GUM.I was thinking to cut it all off except one inch from the roots and to get some kind of miracle extensions or a wig until i found these reviews here. I went immediately and purchased this treatment .I had to use it almost everyday, i think i used it 4 or 5 times and now a week later i have hair again. I had a "trim" too and my hairdresser was amazed that i still have hair after all this .I just want to thank everyone who wrote a review here otherwise I would be bald by now. THANK YOU

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2008 10:49:00 AM More reviews by nlopez04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Do not try on Dry hair lol I hurts try it on damp hair and let it dry it really does work and use intensive kertain conditiner... good luck...