Philosophy the microdelivery exfoliating wash

Water (Aqua), Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids, Diatomaceous Earth, Acrylates/Steareth 20 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Tocotrienols, Panthenol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

on 1/20/2010 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Nice, gentle facial scrub for everyday use. Gives your face a smooth glow. Easy to use, even in the shower.

on 1/20/2010 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This works great on my dry skin. Is gentle enough to use everyday. Leaves my skin super soft. Has a slightly weird yet alluring smell. I use this in the morning and Purity at night.

on 1/15/2010 12:31:00 AM

I was looking for a face wash with manual exfoliating properties and thought I would give this one a try based on the strength of reviews here. I decanted it into a pump and keep it in my shower and use it as part of my morning routine. It has no noticeable smell, which is a great thing. And the grains feel mildly abrasive without being scratchy. My face feels fresh and clean without being overly stripped.

Honestly, though, I think I was expecting something a little more. It just didn't wow me, as other Philosphy products have in the past. And in terms of benefits, I think I'll just keep some baking soda in the bathroom and mix a bit in with my HG cleanser if I feel the need for a bit of exfoliation.

on 1/10/2010 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My skin has never looked better. It has COMPLETELY cleared up. I actually look kind of... "glowy". My acne-marks are completely faded. One day I actually FORGOT to put on face makeup because my skin looked so good already.
I didn't even break out during my monthly visit. I actually had NO IDEA my monthly was on its way because I usually break out like crazy. It's hard to believe something this great even exists.
Normally, my skin breaks out like crazy & is super oily, dull, & red. I also have very sensitive skin, so I normally skip over exfoliating cleansers like this one. I only used this because it was the only cleanser around, my usual cleanser was out. Talk about getting lucky.
For the first time, EVER, I have been getting compliments on my skin.
My friends have told me my skin is looking a lot better; even my brutally-honest mom said "Wow, your skin looks good." It's amazing.
Oh, and I ADORE the packaging. Its perfect.
I've been using this both morning & night, which I probably shouldn't be doing. I haven't noticed any dryness yet, but we will see. I'll update if my results take a turn for the worse.

UPDATE! JUNE 6 2012:
Okay, this used to be the best product ever. However they changed the formula - it now includes OIL. I recently bought it again, excited remembering how great it used to be. It broke me out terribly - big cystic ones and lots of little ones. It took me awhile to realize that it was THIS causing it. Once I took another look at the ingredient list and realized my mistake I was pretty unhappy, to say the least.
Maybe this will still work for someone who is able to use some oils - the kind that are supposed to be okay for your skin - but not if you are extremely sensitive like I am. Sad.

on 1/9/2010 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is probably my favorite scrub (it just edges out the Wexler microbrasion scrub). It is gentle enough to use every day, so I have it in the shower and use it each morning. It has enough exfoliating beads to give a great scrub, yet enough cleanser to also foam up a bit and give the product some slip. I love the overall feel of this! My skin always feels very soft and smooth after I use this, and doesn't get tight and dry afterwards, which is what most scrubs do to me. I definitely recommend this product!

on 1/7/2010 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I got a sample of this at sephora and then purchased the giant 32 oz from Qvc, tiny little beads are gentle and feel really nice on the skin. I hope I continue to like this product because I have a years supple.

on 1/6/2010 10:43:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This makes my skin super, super smooth and I always feel so refreshed whenever I use it! Plus, it is very gentle so you can use it everyday (I use it once a day at night). You also only need a little so the bottle last a long time!

on 1/4/2010 9:57:00 AM

I have very sensitive skin and every time I try to exfoliate it gets aggravated - with scrubs I get sore and with AHA types I get oily. What a blessing it was to find this product! At last I have an effective and gentle exfoliator that my skin can tolerate. I use this every other day to keep my skin in check and can confidentally say that it has improved the look and feel of my skin enormously!

on 1/3/2010 11:34:00 AM

I've used this stuff since it came out.

I think it is the best for everyday gentle exfoliation, though my skin isn't sensitive.

Keeps my skin smooth and allows my other products to sink in like a dream. I use it with my Clarisonic, and I've never had any problems. All I get is fabulous clean skin.

I give it 4 lippies, because I wish there were a bit of suds to this wash . . . I would prefer something with a little cleanser like feel to it. (I hate Purity, except as an eye makeup remover, leaves a horrible film on my face, complete hype imo.)

Have this is the industrial size, use it every day, except on those days I do real exfoliation.

Great workhorse.

on 1/2/2010 1:49:00 AM

I love this stuff! Sooo sooo so much. It is the lightest scrub I've ever put on my face, and it doesn't even feel harsh when applied. I use it about every other night when I do my face routine. I can't rave enough about how much I adore philosophy products.