October 31, 2014 | 1414 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Minted Rose Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2006 3:17:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is really nice, and it is absolutely true what others are saying about the combination of rose and mint--it IS perfect! This rose mint balm is thinner in consistency and redder than the regular rose salve, and just like the rosebud version it moisturizes and is pretty. If you like regular rose, you will probably like this, if not you may still like this one! It's different.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2006 2:59:00 PM More reviews by maureen01

Love it! Smells great and adds a nice tint to your lips. Also moisturizes well. Will definitely buy again, thoguh not for a while b/c a lot comes in that little tin!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2006 3:14:00 AM More reviews by hamachi

To be honest, I wasn't too impressed by the original version--after all the hype I expected better moisturizing qualities--i found it to be an average balm (although it did provide a pretty shine). The Minted Rose lip balm, however, is absolutely fab! Smoother, softer consistency, faint (not overpowering) rose scent with an added peppermint kick. Love the vintage tin, super cute! Not sure how it'll work on dry/chapped skin, but I'll update once I try it overnight!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2006 11:18:00 PM More reviews by originalgeek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this today, and love it. There's a LOT of product in here. I love the combination of mint and rose. It's shiney, not over poweringly rosey or minty, just perfect. I like the consistency. It's soft and spreads easily, and moisturizes well. I really have no complaints other than having ot use my finger to apply, but i just rub the excess into my hands and it's moisturizing!

Good buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2006 2:25:00 AM More reviews by niveous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw this at Sephora today, and this lip product addict just knew I had to try it out! The newest balm in the Rosebud family, Minted Rose comes in a familiar, generous 0.8 oz tin. Unlike its sisters, however, the Minted Rose balm is bright red and adds a slight tint to the lips. The rose scent is there but not as heavy as that of the Rosebud Salve - which means it's tolerable and perhaps even better for those who do not care for the floral scent. And, for mint and/or tingly lip lovers, this balm will definitely give you that zing! It's a unique combo that is intriguing and has me reaching for it repeatedly. I think this is fast becoming my favorite and about to unseat the Strawberry Lip Balm... The only down side is that it's petrolatum-based, as with all the balms by the Rosebud Perfume Co. But if you like the various Rosebud salves, give this one a try!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No