Smith's Rosebud Salve Minted Rose Lip Balm

4.1

Petrolatum, Peppermint Oil, Aromol (blend of 7 rose essential oils).

on 1/7/2007 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Comes in a cute little old-fasioned tin and has a great consistency and tingle. Leaves my lips feeling soft and gives them a natural tint. Love this better than the original.

on 12/31/2006 12:37:00 AM

Having tried the original and strawberry versions (both of which left something to be desired), I was pleasantly surprised to discover how much I loved this product. Excellent lip balm, with a pleasant scent and sheer tint. This and Eucerin Aquaphor are my favorite lip moisturizers!

on 12/30/2006 1:49:00 PM

a new Smith's Rosebud product to remind me of how much I love this brand! as always the tin is super-cute and an extremely generous size. the balm itself is much softer than the original or strawberry. when I put my finger on it to apply for the first time, I expected it to be hard like the others and my finger almost went all the way through! there is a sheer red tint to it, and it does show up on the lips. rose and mint are two scents I would never put together, but I love how it smells and how the mint feels on. I will definitely use this more often than the original or strawberry.

on 12/28/2006 9:32:00 PM

I've never found a lip balm that's petroleum-based with a hint of color until this balm. This is such a nice balm -- so very nice! I've used the original Rosebud salve and the strawberry version too. The former is nice but, being purely petroleum, it's very slippery and wears off too quickly to really moisturize. The latter is kinda meh, as it's waxier and not that moisturizing. But this version is just perfect -- it's a tiny bit thicker than the original version (but not anywhere near tacky or sticky) and is really effective at moisturizing because it stays on the lips longer. But best of all, it has a hint of color -- and not the tiniest hint that doesn't show up on lips, but truly enough to show up (unlike Clinique's lipbalms). The only thing I don't much care for is the smell -- rose with a touch of peppermint -- but it goes away really quickly once it's on you. This is by far my favorite lip balm.

on 12/21/2006 8:37:00 AM

Is this LE or no? I hope it isn't, b/c it's my new favorite lipbalm. For $7, you get a generous amount of product, and the scent is a delicious mix of rose and mint. Leaves the lips super-soft with a hint of color and rich shine. The packaging couldn't be prettier either. An all-around winner and definite repurchase!

on 12/14/2006 4:49:00 PM

Amazing! I loved the original Rosebud Salve but found the scent a bit much at times. And it slid off too easy, considering it's not really a lip balm. I liked the Strawberry flavor lip balm but it wasn't moisturizing enough for me. A bit too waxy. I always thought to myself how great it would be if they would make a proper "lip balm" (not salve) with the Rose flavor toned down a notch.

And here it is!! AMAZING!! I'm in awe. I love the mint kick to the Rose scent. It feels so great on my lips without too much slip and it looks great over and under lip products.

And the white tin is super cute too. :)

I can't say enough about this. And I'm a HUGE lip balm addict too...I've tried about twenty-thirty different kinds and I can honestly say this is my FAVE!

on 12/11/2006 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is really nice, and it is absolutely true what others are saying about the combination of rose and mint--it IS perfect! This rose mint balm is thinner in consistency and redder than the regular rose salve, and just like the rosebud version it moisturizes and is pretty. If you like regular rose, you will probably like this, if not you may still like this one! It's different.

on 12/11/2006 2:59:00 PM

Love it! Smells great and adds a nice tint to your lips. Also moisturizes well. Will definitely buy again, thoguh not for a while b/c a lot comes in that little tin!

on 11/21/2006 3:14:00 AM

To be honest, I wasn't too impressed by the original version--after all the hype I expected better moisturizing qualities--i found it to be an average balm (although it did provide a pretty shine). The Minted Rose lip balm, however, is absolutely fab! Smoother, softer consistency, faint (not overpowering) rose scent with an added peppermint kick. Love the vintage tin, super cute! Not sure how it'll work on dry/chapped skin, but I'll update once I try it overnight!

on 11/18/2006 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Bought this today, and love it. There's a LOT of product in here. I love the combination of mint and rose. It's shiney, not over poweringly rosey or minty, just perfect. I like the consistency. It's soft and spreads easily, and moisturizes well. I really have no complaints other than having ot use my finger to apply, but i just rub the excess into my hands and it's moisturizing!

Good buy!