Smith's Rosebud Salve Minted Rose Lip Balm

4.1

Petrolatum, Peppermint Oil, Aromol (blend of 7 rose essential oils).

on 12/21/2006 8:37:00 AM

Is this LE or no? I hope it isn't, b/c it's my new favorite lipbalm. For $7, you get a generous amount of product, and the scent is a delicious mix of rose and mint. Leaves the lips super-soft with a hint of color and rich shine. The packaging couldn't be prettier either. An all-around winner and definite repurchase!

on 12/14/2006 4:49:00 PM

Amazing! I loved the original Rosebud Salve but found the scent a bit much at times. And it slid off too easy, considering it's not really a lip balm. I liked the Strawberry flavor lip balm but it wasn't moisturizing enough for me. A bit too waxy. I always thought to myself how great it would be if they would make a proper "lip balm" (not salve) with the Rose flavor toned down a notch.

And here it is!! AMAZING!! I'm in awe. I love the mint kick to the Rose scent. It feels so great on my lips without too much slip and it looks great over and under lip products.

And the white tin is super cute too. :)

I can't say enough about this. And I'm a HUGE lip balm addict too...I've tried about twenty-thirty different kinds and I can honestly say this is my FAVE!

on 12/11/2006 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is really nice, and it is absolutely true what others are saying about the combination of rose and mint--it IS perfect! This rose mint balm is thinner in consistency and redder than the regular rose salve, and just like the rosebud version it moisturizes and is pretty. If you like regular rose, you will probably like this, if not you may still like this one! It's different.

on 12/11/2006 2:59:00 PM

Love it! Smells great and adds a nice tint to your lips. Also moisturizes well. Will definitely buy again, thoguh not for a while b/c a lot comes in that little tin!

on 11/21/2006 3:14:00 AM

To be honest, I wasn't too impressed by the original version--after all the hype I expected better moisturizing qualities--i found it to be an average balm (although it did provide a pretty shine). The Minted Rose lip balm, however, is absolutely fab! Smoother, softer consistency, faint (not overpowering) rose scent with an added peppermint kick. Love the vintage tin, super cute! Not sure how it'll work on dry/chapped skin, but I'll update once I try it overnight!

on 11/18/2006 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Bought this today, and love it. There's a LOT of product in here. I love the combination of mint and rose. It's shiney, not over poweringly rosey or minty, just perfect. I like the consistency. It's soft and spreads easily, and moisturizes well. I really have no complaints other than having ot use my finger to apply, but i just rub the excess into my hands and it's moisturizing!

Good buy!

on 11/7/2006 2:25:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I saw this at Sephora today, and this lip product addict just knew I had to try it out! The newest balm in the Rosebud family, Minted Rose comes in a familiar, generous 0.8 oz tin. Unlike its sisters, however, the Minted Rose balm is bright red and adds a slight tint to the lips. The rose scent is there but not as heavy as that of the Rosebud Salve - which means it's tolerable and perhaps even better for those who do not care for the floral scent. And, for mint and/or tingly lip lovers, this balm will definitely give you that zing! It's a unique combo that is intriguing and has me reaching for it repeatedly. I think this is fast becoming my favorite and about to unseat the Strawberry Lip Balm... The only down side is that it's petrolatum-based, as with all the balms by the Rosebud Perfume Co. But if you like the various Rosebud salves, give this one a try!

Popular Lip Treatments