Crystal Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

ammonium salts (natural mineral salts). 9.14.09

on 4/28/2007 7:56:00 PM

I remember these crystal stick deodorants from wayyy back in the 70's when they actually were in jagged rock formation. Now it's way easier as they are in actual deodorant sized packaging - which lends to easy travel. The key is that you have to run the crystal under water to get it wet/smooth and then run it under your pits for odor control. Unfortunately it doesn't do much for wetness control, and if you are an avid deodorant user, it may take a few days for your body to release the remaining chemical compounds from your previous deodorant usage. The crystal rock deodorant stick is pretty dirt cheap and available at whole food stores or more organic stores - and it's a PERFECT solution for dark tank tops/little black dress outings with guaranteed no white residue!

on 4/28/2007 7:35:00 PM

I read the reviews on this product, and since I am always searching for natural products that work, I bought the small crystal deodorant at GNC. I used it after my evening shower, and the next morning, I was dry and I don't think I smelled. I was getting my hopes up. I reapplied in the AM, and ran errands (it was a sunny 80 degree day). Unfortunately, it did not keep me odor free, so I could probably get away with using this at night, just piddling around the house, but this will not hold up (at least for me) during the day. My search continues. I think I will try Kiss My Face next.

on 4/27/2007 2:11:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Love love love!!! I bought this purely out of concern about the health risks associated with anti-perspirants, but didn't have high expectations for performance. Well, I've been using for two weeks now, and I'm in love. No odor, no residue, no staining. And you can't beat the price for how long it will last. There is a bit of a learning curve with the application process, but no big deal when you get used to it. Granted, there's no wetness control, but I think it's totally worth the trade-off when you consider the health benefits of an all natural product. As a bonus, no threat of the armpit bleaching problem I've experienced on several of my shirts over time with regular anti-perspirants.

on 4/14/2007 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

After reading all these articles about how bad regular deodorant/anti-perspirants are for you, I paid a little visit to the ewg.org website to see if I could find something that wasn't so toxic. After being shocked at how many so called "natural" deodorants actually contain harmful ingredients I stumbled upon this one and after reading all the glowing reviews here decided to try it. Well, I've been using it for about a month1/2, two months and I really want to say that this is my new HG deodorant, but, well, it has its limits. If it's just a normal winter/spring day that I just spend lounging around or at work it's fine, but as soon as I start sweating it quits on me. Its hard to get used to actually feeling yourself sweat too and worrying that its gonna show on your shirt. After all, this isn't supposed to stop the sweat just the smell. Depending on the type of clothing material I'm wearing also determines the extent that this will work. Also it burns like hell if you put it on right after you shave.

It definitely has its good points, though. It goes on completely invisible. No white marks, absolutely no scent. It doesn't even look like I made a dent in the amount of product provided. I won't stop using this for now, and I definitely like it for the cooler months, I just can't see using this once it gets to be summer though. Edit 5/5/07: Well, its May and this definitely won't cut it for summer, its been warm lately and its been stink city for me! Oh, well, guess this will get retired until October.

on 4/6/2007 1:19:00 AM

Yes, this stuff really works! I was a skeptic when I first tried it, but now I will never switch back to normal deoderants again. You have to apply the stick right when you get out of the shower though. It works all day and leaves no residue on clothes. And the price - I bought the 1.5 oz for two bucks and have been using it daily for four months. I still haven't put a "dent" in the crystal stick. It's just a great product all around. Also, it's healthier for your body than traditional deoderants - Bonus!

on 3/23/2007 11:47:00 AM

Tried every natural deodorant out there, none of them work. I like that they don't leave the white marks on your clothes and they are invisible on skin. However, they do not work like regular anti-perspirants, I've yet to find anything that really keeps you dry, but the smell of BO at the end of the day got to be too much. Usually I can wear a top more than once, but having to wash stuff all the time gets old! Update: This also caused an unsightly and painful rash on my underarms. When I switched to a regular fragrance free solid, Dove, the rash cleared up in a few days.

Wow this deodorant stick does wonders on odor! It really does eliminates odor and it's non-staining (BIG plus!). It's unscented and 100% natural. I took 1 lippie off because of it's application direction. As the reviewer Grrlsix below has noted, you must really apply this right after a shower/bath and apply it thoroughly all over the armpit area and as many layers as possible for it to work effectively. Also, you need to wet the stick before applying it on or else it doesn't work.. I find that a little strange. Other than that it's quite a great deodorant! No BO, no stains/white streaks on shirts, and it lasts a long time too (last up to a year of daily use)! Excellent!

on 2/26/2007 12:05:00 AM

Tip: I spray this twice with a body spray instead of water before I apply to pits (I use either my BBW Japanese Cherry Blossom or Victoria's Secret Love Spell). Benefits? 1) the alcohol in the spray sanitizes the crystal stick, 2) the application dries faster and 3) I get a nice scent along with no BO. Regular deoderants just mask BO. I like this because there are no white streaks left behind whenever I put on my clothes. I just wish it would also decrease the sweat - but I choose stain free clothing over that! My Secret Platinum clear gel permantly stained my Juicy Couture zip up hoodie with ugly looking bleach spots on the pits...very bad look.

on 2/19/2007 2:22:00 PM

This is the best deodorant I've ever used! No irritation, no chemicals, and no smell whatsoever! It took me awhile to get used to having no scent under there after so many years of using scented products. But now I really appreciate having my armpits smell like "nothing". There's no fragrance to compete with my perfume, and no smell to irritate me when I have one of my migraines (I'm very sensitive to smells during a bad headache)

There are a couple of tricks I've found to making this stone perform its best:

1. You have to apply it LOTS. I wet the stone, then rub it on an armpit over and over until the tip of the stone is dry or starting to dry. Then I rewet the stone and do the other pit. I estimate that I rub the stone around about 40+ times. But don't let that intimidate you! It only takes me about 10-15 seconds of fast rubbing to apply it properly. Then I'm odor-free for the rest of the day! No matter what activities I engage in!

2. Your pits have to be CLEAN. It says so on the packaging, but I ignored it once and applied the stone when my pits were less than fresh and ordorless. The stone took on the smell of my B.O. permanently! I couldn't wash the smell off the stone, and it had to be thrown away. Now I make sure my pits are nice and clean before applying, washing my pits with a soapy washcloth if they're stinky (which only happens now if I forget to use this deodorant for a day)

This stone is fabulous! My husband was skeptical and let me be the guinea pig first. Now he's a believer and uses it as well. And the stone lasts forever and ever! Definately try this. I'll never use anything else again.

on 2/17/2007 9:23:00 AM

During the past year, I have tested all three versions of the crystal type deodorants (stick, roll-on, and spray) and in my opinion, the stick and roll-on formulas are the most effective. For the stick/rock version, you must first wet the deodorant or apply to wet underarms. Here Are Some Helpful Tips: 1) APPLICATION IS KEY to their effectiveness. You must immediately apply after a shower or bath! 2) APPLY THIS DEODORANT LIBERALLY making sure that you thoroughly cover your “entire” underarm area (a few strokes won't suffice; you must do at least 15-20 strokes per underarm). This forms a protective layer on your skin that will inhibit the growth of odor causing bacteria. With that said, when applied correctly, this deodorant is very effective in eliminating any underarm odor and will get you thru an eight-hour workday and then some w/o smelling. It is unscented, goes on clear, and you never have to worry about it leaving any white residue on your clothing or leaving ugly, yellow, stains on your white shirts. My boyfriend has been using another brand, Pitrok (push-up stick), for a year and it works like a charm on him-he never smells!

Video Reviews & Tutorials