Crystal Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

4.1

ammonium salts (natural mineral salts). 9.14.09

on 2/19/2007 2:22:00 PM

This is the best deodorant I've ever used! No irritation, no chemicals, and no smell whatsoever! It took me awhile to get used to having no scent under there after so many years of using scented products. But now I really appreciate having my armpits smell like "nothing". There's no fragrance to compete with my perfume, and no smell to irritate me when I have one of my migraines (I'm very sensitive to smells during a bad headache)

There are a couple of tricks I've found to making this stone perform its best:

1. You have to apply it LOTS. I wet the stone, then rub it on an armpit over and over until the tip of the stone is dry or starting to dry. Then I rewet the stone and do the other pit. I estimate that I rub the stone around about 40+ times. But don't let that intimidate you! It only takes me about 10-15 seconds of fast rubbing to apply it properly. Then I'm odor-free for the rest of the day! No matter what activities I engage in!

2. Your pits have to be CLEAN. It says so on the packaging, but I ignored it once and applied the stone when my pits were less than fresh and ordorless. The stone took on the smell of my B.O. permanently! I couldn't wash the smell off the stone, and it had to be thrown away. Now I make sure my pits are nice and clean before applying, washing my pits with a soapy washcloth if they're stinky (which only happens now if I forget to use this deodorant for a day)

This stone is fabulous! My husband was skeptical and let me be the guinea pig first. Now he's a believer and uses it as well. And the stone lasts forever and ever! Definately try this. I'll never use anything else again.

on 2/17/2007 9:23:00 AM

During the past year, I have tested all three versions of the crystal type deodorants (stick, roll-on, and spray) and in my opinion, the stick and roll-on formulas are the most effective. For the stick/rock version, you must first wet the deodorant or apply to wet underarms. Here Are Some Helpful Tips: 1) APPLICATION IS KEY to their effectiveness. You must immediately apply after a shower or bath! 2) APPLY THIS DEODORANT LIBERALLY making sure that you thoroughly cover your “entire” underarm area (a few strokes won't suffice; you must do at least 15-20 strokes per underarm). This forms a protective layer on your skin that will inhibit the growth of odor causing bacteria. With that said, when applied correctly, this deodorant is very effective in eliminating any underarm odor and will get you thru an eight-hour workday and then some w/o smelling. It is unscented, goes on clear, and you never have to worry about it leaving any white residue on your clothing or leaving ugly, yellow, stains on your white shirts. My boyfriend has been using another brand, Pitrok (push-up stick), for a year and it works like a charm on him-he never smells!

on 2/16/2007 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I Looooove this stuff!! I don't know what else I can add to the raving reviews. One stick will last a long time, I think close to a year. Also there is no perfume, personally I don't wear any but for those who do you won't get a mix of scents. Since this is clear there isn't any white residue. I convinced dh to use it and he is now a convert! It's cheap - give it a try!

on 1/31/2007 3:23:00 PM

This review is for mineral salt deoderants in general. I've tried a few brands including Crystal and Naturally fresh and they all contain the same ingredients and deliver the same exellent results. I usually use the roll on gel kind and apply it after my shower. it keeps my underarms completely odor free and dry until the next day. I've been using these for years and probably won't ever go back to regular deoderants. If you have problems such as clogged pores, rough or irritated skin, excessive perspiration, yellow stains, etc. definately give this a shot. I had all these symptoms and more but they all went away when I started using this product.

on 1/27/2007 12:14:00 PM

I have been looking for an all natural deodorant because when I use the normal spray types anti-perspirants, it stains clothing, and secondly, I've been quite bothered about stories about anti-perspirants. In anyway, because of these reasons, I stopped using them about 6 years ago. I decided recently that I wanted to give deodorants another try and then remembered I've seen crystal ones that claim they are all natural so I did some research about them and came to the finding that they are indeed natural and decided to go with this brand because it seems quite reputable and is available where I live. First off, this is a deodorant, not an anti-persirant. This means that should you perspire heavily, your clothes will be wet, but just that the odor will be not be there. But most importantly, it is aluminium chlorohydrate free, and its what's most important to me. Also, it does a good job at keeping me fresh and smelling good, doesn't leave a stain on clothings(I've tired it a couple of times when wearing black tops), and is cheaper than I expected(I had initially thought that because it is natural, it is going to be much more costly than the normal ones). I will repurchase.

on 1/4/2007 1:37:00 PM

Wow- the reviews are right about this. Ordered a stick for me and one for my husband....NO odor, NO residue, and NO aluminum-bad-stuff! This is the best to use while nursing a baby, too. HG!

on 1/1/2007 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this product. I have been using anti-perspirants almost my entire life and have never been satisified. With this deoderant you technically do sweat, however because you are not clogging your pores you actually sweat less, and there is NO SMELL AT ALL. I use the spray because I can't find the stick, plus with the spray you can use it on anything, like your shoes.

on 12/29/2006 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I recently read on Productville about this deodorant and decided to try it. Boy am I glad I did! It's wonderful! One of my biggest problems with regular/traditional anti-perspirant is that I couldn't seem to ever completely wash it off! You know, that weird kind of gummy feeling you can get under your arms from what seems like waterproof antiperspirant? I hate that! My underarms always felt like I had a plastic shield on them. This doesn't do that. It washes completely away and leaves your underarms soft, like the rest of your skin is naturally. Even with that, if it didn't work, I wouldn't use it, but it works perfectly. I was nervous about it not working since you don't even know it's there once applied, but I think it works better than what I was using before (Sure original solid) at controlling odors. Well, there is virtually NO odors using this. It's easy to apply, I just don't dry my underarms after getting out of the shower and then just rub this all over my underarms and give a few seconds to dry. That's it. It works until my next shower the following day, never stains or marks my clothes, easily washes off and it's dirt cheap. I'm hooked. I will never buy anything else.

on 12/26/2006 4:31:00 PM

It is simply amazing how well this stuff works. No, it will not keep you from sweating, but when you do, it will not smell. I don't know how the heck it works, but it does. Another great thing is that it leaves no annoying white marks on my clothes after I use it. One word of caution - be very careful not to apply this after shaving because it will sting like a mofo. Other than that, this stuff is awesome!

on 12/21/2006 1:39:00 PM

WONDERFUL! It really, really works, and it has no scent whatsoever! Dries quickly, too. I think this is the only deodorant I'll ever buy again. You won't be sorry you've tried it!

Video Reviews & Tutorials