Yogurt Mask

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Yoghurt (especially Turkish, Balkan, Greek )

on 4/16/2011 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I love the experience of a yogurt mask. I especially enjoy the cooling sensation and how it brightens my face. The acidophilus in the yogurt helps prevent breakouts.

on 4/16/2011 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Use with caution. After reading all the great reviews, I decided to give this a try. I used plain yogurt all over my face and after about 2 full minutes, my face started to sting. I tried to ignore it but couldn't. I ran to the bathroom and washed it off. Prior to using this mask, my skin was finally beginning to clear up. Now its broken out again! And its a bad breakout. If this is what this mask did to me after only 2 minutes, then I wonder how my face would have looked after the full 15 minutes that I planned to wear it for! If you are acne prone like me, I would beware of this mask. I washed it off about ten minutes ago and it still stings a little. I won't use this ever again!

on 4/11/2011 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I recently have been using this homemade mask to see how it would help to soften my skin. It's been doing a pretty good job so far. Definitely not a 'miracle worker', but not bad for making my skin feel soft. I use natural unflavoured yoghurt, or unflavoured greek yoghurt. Take about 2 tablespoons and add a small teaspoon of honey. Mix together, apply on face avoiding eye area with old foundation brush in a thin layer and sit back and relax for 10-15 mins. Wash off and apply moisturizer. My skin looks alot less red and feels incredibly soft afterwards! It must be the enzymes in yoghurt that help to soften skin?? I dunno, but great stuff and pretty cheap too. If it doesn't work for you, then you can always eat it up. Lol. :)

on 4/2/2011 3:27:00 PM

Now that I have been applying yogurt masks daily for two weeks, I feel I am ready to write a review. For me, it's not the miracle product I see others raving about, but considering that a huge 32oz tub of yogurt cost me $3 and isn't marketed as a skincare product, I can't complaint too much.

This is the first time I've used lactic acid. I have dry skin around my nose and mouth from BP and I found that I needed less manual exfoliation when I used the yogurt masks. My existing acne seems to have dried out a bit, and so far I only see one new pimple forming. My skin feels a bit softer, but nothing remarkable. Overall, I have noticed a slight improvement, but it's nothing to write home about. Using these masks has sparked my interest in lactic acid, and I now feel like I am ready to try the MUAC lactic acid peels. With that said, I recommend anyone who has sensitive, acne prone skin try these masks just to see how your skin reacts to lactic acid. It's a cheap way to find out if your skin likes it.

on 3/31/2011 6:36:00 PM

I LOVE doing yogurt masks. They are so relaxing and the only mask that doesn't feel drying or irritating. Calms redness like no other and keeps your skin feeling sooo clean and just great.

on 3/21/2011 9:52:00 PM

I just tried this mask tonight and the immediate results are fantastic. It calmed the redness I have on my cheeks and around my nose which I have been having issues getting rid of, and it has made my skin feel super soft. I have to continue with this obviously to see true results but so far so good!!!!

on 3/21/2011 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've only used this once, so these are my initial impressions. I will update after a week or two.

After finding physical exfoliation to be too rough I asked for suggestions on chemical exfoliation. A MUAer suggested lactic acid and directed me to the reviews for the yogurt mask. I already had some Greek yogurt (fat free) in my fridge so I tried it right away. I used straight yogurt. No honey, aspirin, lemon juice, or anything else. I already use honey separately so I didn't feel the need to add it to this.

First and foremost it did not irritate my skin which everything else seems to be doing lately. That is a big plus. It felt really nice on and I actually like the smell. (I'm wondering if maybe those that dislike the smell are using regular yogurt? It's been so long since I've bought the regular type that I can't remember if there's a difference in smell or not.) It did calm some of the redness around two existing pimples which nothing else in my skincare routine was able to do. I didn't notice a huge difference in my skin, but then I wasn't really expecting too after one use. The big test will be in the coming week or so to see if it keeps my skin looking smooth without the addition of physical exfoliation.

My only complaint is that it was a bit of a pain to wash off. I would suggest using the mask before your shower so you can rinse it off in there instead.

UPDATE: I've been using yogurt for a couple weeks now and it has become a permanent staple in my skincare routine. I use it every morning as a mask/cleanser. I apply it and leave it on while I do all my morning "stuff" (taking the dogs out, having breakfast, etc). When I rinse it off my skin looks fantastic. Soft, moisturized, no redness. I've noticed some improvement in my skin tone as well. At night I use Manuka Honey as a cleanser and between the two my face is starting to look great. No more cleansers for me!

on 3/21/2011 4:45:00 AM

I am so glad I found out about this! I absolutely love it and it makes my skin feel so soft and smooth. I have only used it twice and my face is already looking better. I get quite a lot of breakouts and it seems to be calming them down quite a bit and it's even made one disappear completely!

So far I've just used the plain yogurt, I haven't added anything else to it, but I plan on trying it with honey and lemon next time to see if I like it more. Thanks MUA. <3

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I put a thick layer of yogurt on my face for 10-15 minutes and then I wash it off. After using this mask once, my skin instantly became smoother and my pimples got a little lighter . I <3 this mask and this is officially my HG mask. I discovered this awesome mask by watching one of bubzbeauty 's videos on Youtube, so thank you, Bubz! :D

on 3/20/2011 11:53:00 AM

This review is for a home-made yogurt mask.

EDIT: April 3 2011:
I realized that GOAT YOGURT is WAY BETTER.
Read about it; the whole fat/protein/molecule absorption info I read means that cow's yogurt won't do close to what goat's will do for your skin. (think goats milk soap, not cows milk soap, right?)
So, read on, assuming you use Goat's yogurt only.
I tried this a few ways and many mornings and this is what I've found to be the best approach:

In a tiny tupperware container:

mix several tablespoons of Regular 3% or so Fat Goats Yogurt (or use higher-fat cows yogurt, but it must have the fat; 10% would be even better)
a few tablespoons of very finely ground oats (use your coffee grinder or spice grinder)
make a fairly thick paste consistency and use it over the next several days- it will get thicker and you can add more yogurt if you like.

I put a layer on my skin as soon as I get up and leave it on for ten minutes until dried.
Then gently with a face cloth and warm water remove it all, exfoliating a bit with the oat bits as I go. If you have inflamed skin eruptions, don't do any rubbing or scrubbing, just pat it off gently with a very soaked cloth.

I can't believe how SOFT the skin is after, how SMALL PORES are, and the PERFECTLY PRIMED texture for moisturizer/makeup, etc

I use a homemade toner after as usual; that's half distilled witch hazel with half mineral water (no longer carbonated! ...use leftovers after a wine spritzer!)

This yogurt treatment is so cheap and fast and easy and beats the hell out of tons of pricey stuff I've used in the "soothing mask" category from Clarins, Lancome, etc.
It really helps combat the dryness and irritation left over from drying treatments for acne, which I am still coping with.

Thanks again MUA folks for turning me onto this home-made pleasure.
PS: it smells and even tastes good to have on! But I can't get too close to my puppy or she thinks it's her job to take it off ha ha ha

Popular Masks