July 23, 2014 | 2155 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Hmm...how should I put this. Albatross makes my skin look like SEX! I am dark skinned NC45 with yellow undertones and I want you all to know I rock this highlighter hard. I use it to highlight my cheekbones, chin, and brown bone. When I wear it I look out of this world...almost like an angel.

I love to pair Albatross with a red lipstick. Yes I will repurchase till they stop making it.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by pisces31919

I bought this because it's had sooooo many good reviews from WOC. I must say that I do like it overall. I think I can use it 3 out of 4 seasons. It would wash out my NC50 skintone in the winter. At that point, I'll be using my MAC MSF in Comfort. I'm a huge fan of NARS' packaging. Light, compact, and with a mirror.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by mandycool01

Ok so Im nc20 with very golden undertones in summer. I bought this as a cheek and eye highlighter. When I dont have a tan this doesnt show up well. It definitely works better on darker skins or tan skin, as albatross is basically white with a gold sheen. The sheen is really pretty but honestly i havent found much use for it. I use coralista as my summer time blush which already has a golden sheen so i dont use this much. Of course they quality and packaging are great but if i ever run out of this i would like to try the dior amber diamond highlight thing...:)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by ssnand

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG highlighter! I had hated using highlighters becase most of them had a silver/white sheen to them that looked chalky on my skintone. When i saw albatross i thought it was the same old white and chalky highlighter, howerver when i swatched it in the store i was wrong! albatoss is the most beautiful highlighter i have ever used, it has a really pretty gold sheen wich is finely milled, you see no big glitter particles ( im looking at you super orgams lol), i tested it out on my freind whos is PPP, and it lookes soo pretty on here. you only need a little swipe on you brush, and it last all day! defintly will repurchase if it runs out!;D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Received this in a swap on here from a lovely lady, and I'm very pleased. I never had an interest until now to try Nars Albatross just because it looks so white in the pan. It shows up as a gorgeous golden sheen on my cheeks. I love it. I'm glad I didn't pass this item up because I would have never thought it would have worked on my skintone. This is my favorite highlighter so far. It's so light and easy to apply. I use this overtop of blush to tone it done a bit. This would look great on all skintones. I've seen this used on very dark skin, and it looks so beautiful. It looks good on very fair skin as well. Another high quality item from NARS.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by sdaryab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I looove this product.I absolutely cannot live without it.I am Black,White, and Indian and my skin color is a creamy yellow and this highlighter is perfect for me !!! I dont ever want to run out,and a lilittle goes a long way. I hope they never discontinue this.I just received mine two weeks ago and I am going to order three more today!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Rowenah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have combination skin that leans towards the oily side, so usually I have no problem with powder based beauty products. The powder was very drying and because I am snow white pale and I couldn't tell this color from my own complexion. I wasn't expecting glitter, but for this price point I expected a noticeable dewy glow. Probably better suited for someone with more of a "normal" toned fair complexion so this color would stand out better in contrast - and on oilier skin. As always NARS compacts are well put together and very sturdy, but I am disappointed in the amount of product NARS puts inside their packaging. I would be happier with cheaper (middle of the road MAC quality) packaging and more product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Joseybird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a brilliant, brilliant product.

Swatched on the back of my hand, Albatross shows up not as the white-gold it appears in the pan but as a delicate, moonlit "glow," as if my skin is naturally, subtly, luminescent. It gives the same effect to my cheeks and to my eyelids, where I wear it as a wash.

I never thought that I, with my huge pores and oily skin, would ever have use for a highlighter, but Albatross makes me look glowy, not oily, and it doesn't accentuate my pores at ALL.

Brilliant stuff indeed <3

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by KristaSelene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I ordered this highlighter sight unseen and was worried that I may not like it enough to have spent $30 bucks. But fortunately for my conscience, I adore Albatross! I'm extremely fair-skinned and it still works beautifully with my complexion. I love to use it as a highlight for my cheekbones, nose and cupid's bow. I even use it from time to time as a highlight on my brow bone. Its texture is so silky and it does what you need it to! A little goes a long way. So, despite the high price, you should be able to get a lot of wear from one product. I definitely recommend this! It's my favorite pearl/white highlighter! I only own a couple things from NARS but this product has made me a believer in the quality of their line! I'm now curious to try more.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by RhianNoot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So many highlighters, so little time to use them all up!

I had never been bothered by Albatross despite the hype, MAC's By Candlelight has been my highlight of choice for some time now (despite this I seem to have a disturbing number of highlighting products) but I had a 20 N.centive for Space NK and couldn't see anything else that tickled my fancy so I bought into this for a whole 50p.

The sheen this leaves on my skin is beautifully delicate and it's a great highlight for eyes and brow making eyes look bright and awake. This is one of those products that make you see how you could streamline your makeup bag and save yourself a fortune.

I do love this highlighter but I'm not sure I'd buy it again, you use so little powder that it is unlikely I would need to any time soon but if I find myself in the same situation where it will only cost me 50p then I might just do it.