April 23, 2014 | 2121 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by xdopaminex

AMAZING. After searching my entire life (I'm 28) for the best lip balm, I have found it! I've tried everything else-- Dr. Hauschka, Kiehls, Burts Bees, every drugstore brand, every organic one, EVERYTHING, and nothing has touched the results this stuff brings. I bought mine in the baby aisle at Target for about $9.

My lips are always dry and rough with hard portions of skin (as a result of me biting off the skin too much!), and this product HEALED them, making them smooth, supple, soft, and full. It also lasts forever, which I love. Some people may not like feeling that product is on their lips, but I totally love it. This has been the only product to ever transform my lips, and it is now my HG.

I'm guessing with these rave reviews the company will come out with a revamped product with the same ingredient in an easier to apply to lips form, but until then, I just carry around the tube in my bag and use it as needed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 10:40:00 AM More reviews by mumbai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok I'm sold, this stuff is amazing! I stumbled accross the review on here and thought I'd give it a shot, and it is the best lip balm for overnight that I have ever used.
I wouldn't use it during the day as I usually wear a lipgloss and this is a little heavy but does soften up with the heat of your lips.
It is a bit hard to get out of the tube, like some other gals here, I may put it in a pot instead but at least with the tube there's no mess and it's more sanitary.
I woke up this morning and my lips are super plump and beyond soft and I'm in the middle of minus -25 degree harsh winter and 0 humidity, it's extremely dry here.
This stuff would probably work wonders on elbows and feet overnight too, I'm might try it.
For $10 a tube it's a great deal and no petroleum which is a bonus.
You just have to put on a TOUCH of it, this tube will last forever.
I highly recommend trying this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 7:53:00 AM More reviews by pixieface

Just want to add another rave review for this wonder lip treatment (even though it's used as a nipple cream when breastfeeding.)Will never buy another lip balm again and I've tried hundreds. The other reviews have described this product perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by evarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best treatment for lips EVER. Amazing overnight treatment, but I use in the daytime as well. I couldn't say anything about this that hasn't been said in previous reviews, so I'll reiterate how great it is.

PROS:
- scentless and tasteless
- not sticky
- light sheen (clear lip gloss seems pointless now)
- very long lasting: doesn't disappear into your lips within minutes (unlike most lip balms)
- WORKS LIKE NOTHING ELSE!! Your lips will be soooo soft, these reviews don't lie. After 2-3 days of using this and remembering to exfoliate lightly (I just use my toothbrush or a wash cloth), my lips are softer and smoother than ever. It even seems to plump some, I guess because when lips are dry they seem to crinkle up and lines are more visible, yuck.

CONS:
Zero! Except, as mentioned before, the cream is hard to squeeze out. Solution? I just filled a little 5 gram jar. That way, I can conveniently carry it around in my purse. Plus, yanking out a big purple tube of nipple cream in public could be slightly awkward. One tube will last forever, but when it runs out, I'll gladly repurchase.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by kellyetter71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't belive this stuff! I have tried so many things on my dry, cracked winter lips and nothing does the trick. I bought this stuff after seeing it as a featured review here. In only 2 days my lips have done a complete 360! They are soft and supple, and I swear they look more plump! Probably because they have more moisture. Definitley give this a try, the only draw back is the packaging, you have t squeeze pretty hard to get it out of the tube.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by highheeled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hands down, my HG lip balm. It's a fabulous overnight treatment, but I love wearing it during the day, too - it gives a lovely, soft sheen to my lips. It's scentless, tasteless, long-lasting, and not sticky at all. My lips have been so soft since I've started using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by mnguyen34

AMAZING!!! The very best $6 I ever spent! I have always had a problem with very chapped, peeling, flaking, cracking lips in the winter - a very gross and painful problem. I tried so many brands and the only one that seemed to help a little was chapstick's lip butter...but only for a little while - I always had to reapply a short while later. I came across a review for this and decided to try it. So I bought a tube a month ago and have been applying a tiny amount every night before I go to bed. During the day I usually apply either lipstick or nothing at all. Well, after the first few days my lips were supersoft with no cracking, peeling, or flaking at all! I am so amazed!! Nothing has worked for me like this ever!! There has been no relapse into the world of dry, cracked lips in the past month and I'm crossing my fingers that I won't go back! After a month there has been barely a dent in the tube - I can see it easily lasting 1 1/2 years or more.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2008 9:13:00 PM More reviews by sgqtpie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Thanks to the skincare board, I discovered this "off the beaten path" product. It is FANTASTIC as a lip balm. I suffer from really dry lips from fall until spring and flaking from late fall through late winter. I've used nearly everything under the sun but with no success. This year looked to be no exception until I read about using this.

Within two nights of using this, I woke up to beautifully soft lips that made applying lipstick a dream. My routine is to apply this at night and then apply a layer of either Aquaphor or Smith's Rosebud Salve on top. In the morning, I wake up to soft, kissable lips. I make sure to maintain this by applying an SPF 15 lip balm in the morning and continue to apply that during the day.

I got this to replace my Aquaphor little tubes since I'm running out of those and paid $8.95 and Walmart for a 2 oz tube that will last forever since you only need a little bit.

Seriously girls, go run out and buy a tube of this if you have dry chapped lips and nothing else has worked. You won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2008 4:41:00 PM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My lips are prone to dryness and flaking all year long especially when it comes to using lip products. It's so bad that I can't use toothpastes with SLS bc SLS severely dries out my lips. Almost every lipstick or lipgloss I've tried dried out my lips to some extent. I've tried almost every balm out there and although a few of them work well, they could use much improvement..Palmer's, Carmex, Bistex, various kinds of Chapsticks, Nivea, Burt's Bee's, Mary Kay, Vaseline, Aquaphor, etc. I've tried them all. My lips seem to like lanolin a lot so I thought I'd give pure lanolin a try. Lansinoh Lanolin is available for 9.99 at Walgreens. It comes in a 2 oz squeeze tube and has a similar consistency to vaseline but not quite as thick. It doesn't feel like a cream at all. It's normally used to heal the cracking and dry nipples of breast feeding mothers but the instructions says that you can use it on your hands and other body parts.."soothes, heals & protects dry, cracked skin.". It also says that you don't need to remove it before breast feeding so it's obviously safe to digest. I've been using this on my lips every night for two weeks and I usually wake up with very soft, flake free lips. I still experience some dryness throughout the day which is expected for someone like me but not as often as I normally do. I just reapply and instantly, the lips become magically soft and moist again. If it's this effective for me, I imagine that it would work even better on people who experience minor dryness. I've tried it on my dry hands (I have naturally dry skin) and it was not that effective but I bought this specifically for my lips anyways. I know some of you don't like the thought of using nipple cream on your lips but sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures when everything you've tried fails. FYI, I've never tasted it..I don't lick my lips and I don't buy lip balm for it's taste. There is no smell to it. I highly recommend this for everyone..I don't think I can live without it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 9:18:00 PM More reviews by peggy1234

I wish I could give this more than a 5. My doctor recommended this when she saw how chapped my lips were. I always used carmex which she said actually will dry out your lips. This was at Target in the baby section and actually is a nipple ointment for nursing moms. I think one tube could last a lifetime as lip balm, a little goes a long way. It healed my lips in about 2 days. Nothing has ever done that! This will forever be close at hand as I live in cold country and have a problem with chapped lips. I am so grateful I found this!