August 22, 2014 | 1891 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Jill70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Started using this product for it's intended purpose almost 10 years ago, & have since kept it around for dozens of other skin needs - diaper rash, chapped lips, cracked dry finger/cuticles, red noses from too much blowing - it's fabulous! My kids refer to it as "tap tap cream" because prior to application, I tap it between finger & thumb to warm it up & make it supple enough to spread. A workhorse product in my house.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 5:38:00 PM More reviews by 2kids2kats

Best stuff hands down for dry, chapped, irritated lips. I've had an on-going battle with my 10 y/o son's chapped lips. His lips have been cherry red and peeling to the point that he has these teeny tiny blisters. I tried everything for them - Vaseline, Aquaphor, Carmex, and every other lipbalm on the the market. I even tried a combination of Aquaphor and HC1% ointment. As a last ditch effort I "googled" to find the best remedy for his problem. When I read about Lansinoh - I had one of those slap my forehead "V-8" moments. This has worked miracles. I think it helps because it's very occlusive - which is great for a 10 y/o mouth breather. No allergic reaction and no complaints about the smell or taste. Just that it's a little sticky. HTH

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by KNgcakani

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an amazing Lip treatment and I bought it based on the reviews here on MUA. I am now convinced I will not be purchasing anything cosmetic without advice from MUAers. To those of you who are iffy about the packaging I was able to find Lansinoh in a really tiny 10 gram tube where the logo is barely visible. It's really discreet, the tube is about the size of a standard Lip balm. Will most definitely be repurchasing this HG for smackers ...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by xdopaminex

AMAZING. After searching my entire life (I'm 28) for the best lip balm, I have found it! I've tried everything else-- Dr. Hauschka, Kiehls, Burts Bees, every drugstore brand, every organic one, EVERYTHING, and nothing has touched the results this stuff brings. I bought mine in the baby aisle at Target for about $9.

My lips are always dry and rough with hard portions of skin (as a result of me biting off the skin too much!), and this product HEALED them, making them smooth, supple, soft, and full. It also lasts forever, which I love. Some people may not like feeling that product is on their lips, but I totally love it. This has been the only product to ever transform my lips, and it is now my HG.

I'm guessing with these rave reviews the company will come out with a revamped product with the same ingredient in an easier to apply to lips form, but until then, I just carry around the tube in my bag and use it as needed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 10:40:00 AM More reviews by mumbai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok I'm sold, this stuff is amazing! I stumbled accross the review on here and thought I'd give it a shot, and it is the best lip balm for overnight that I have ever used.
I wouldn't use it during the day as I usually wear a lipgloss and this is a little heavy but does soften up with the heat of your lips.
It is a bit hard to get out of the tube, like some other gals here, I may put it in a pot instead but at least with the tube there's no mess and it's more sanitary.
I woke up this morning and my lips are super plump and beyond soft and I'm in the middle of minus -25 degree harsh winter and 0 humidity, it's extremely dry here.
This stuff would probably work wonders on elbows and feet overnight too, I'm might try it.
For $10 a tube it's a great deal and no petroleum which is a bonus.
You just have to put on a TOUCH of it, this tube will last forever.
I highly recommend trying this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 7:53:00 AM More reviews by pixieface

Just want to add another rave review for this wonder lip treatment (even though it's used as a nipple cream when breastfeeding.)Will never buy another lip balm again and I've tried hundreds. The other reviews have described this product perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by evarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best treatment for lips EVER. Amazing overnight treatment, but I use in the daytime as well. I couldn't say anything about this that hasn't been said in previous reviews, so I'll reiterate how great it is.

PROS:
- scentless and tasteless
- not sticky
- light sheen (clear lip gloss seems pointless now)
- very long lasting: doesn't disappear into your lips within minutes (unlike most lip balms)
- WORKS LIKE NOTHING ELSE!! Your lips will be soooo soft, these reviews don't lie. After 2-3 days of using this and remembering to exfoliate lightly (I just use my toothbrush or a wash cloth), my lips are softer and smoother than ever. It even seems to plump some, I guess because when lips are dry they seem to crinkle up and lines are more visible, yuck.

CONS:
Zero! Except, as mentioned before, the cream is hard to squeeze out. Solution? I just filled a little 5 gram jar. That way, I can conveniently carry it around in my purse. Plus, yanking out a big purple tube of nipple cream in public could be slightly awkward. One tube will last forever, but when it runs out, I'll gladly repurchase.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by kellyetter71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't belive this stuff! I have tried so many things on my dry, cracked winter lips and nothing does the trick. I bought this stuff after seeing it as a featured review here. In only 2 days my lips have done a complete 360! They are soft and supple, and I swear they look more plump! Probably because they have more moisture. Definitley give this a try, the only draw back is the packaging, you have t squeeze pretty hard to get it out of the tube.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by highheeled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hands down, my HG lip balm. It's a fabulous overnight treatment, but I love wearing it during the day, too - it gives a lovely, soft sheen to my lips. It's scentless, tasteless, long-lasting, and not sticky at all. My lips have been so soft since I've started using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by mnguyen34

AMAZING!!! The very best $6 I ever spent! I have always had a problem with very chapped, peeling, flaking, cracking lips in the winter - a very gross and painful problem. I tried so many brands and the only one that seemed to help a little was chapstick's lip butter...but only for a little while - I always had to reapply a short while later. I came across a review for this and decided to try it. So I bought a tube a month ago and have been applying a tiny amount every night before I go to bed. During the day I usually apply either lipstick or nothing at all. Well, after the first few days my lips were supersoft with no cracking, peeling, or flaking at all! I am so amazed!! Nothing has worked for me like this ever!! There has been no relapse into the world of dry, cracked lips in the past month and I'm crossing my fingers that I won't go back! After a month there has been barely a dent in the tube - I can see it easily lasting 1 1/2 years or more.