Sonia Kashuk Remove

4.4

Water, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Hexylene Glycol, Poloxamer 184, Sodium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Ext. Violet 2.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I am not kidding you...I have purchased no less than FIVE eye makeup removers in the past week.

I've been using the L'Oreal Lash Serum, which I love. I am trying to be more gentle with my lashes too keep them thick and full. I used to just pick at my mascara until it was all gone. It was a terrible habit that left me with thin, sparse, brittle lashes and I've resolved to stop once and for all, now that they are somewhat restored to their former glory. (see profile for pic)

So I have to have a product that removes all traces of mascara, or I will be tempted to pick.

First I bought the Wet N' Wild, which was just $2, and in this case, I got what I paid for. It was absolutely useless and stung like a bitch. I threw it in the garbage.

Then I bought the Neutrogena lotion formulation. It was expensive and again, totally useless. It didn't feel like acid when I got it in my eyes, but that's the only good thing I can say about it. I can't throw it away because it was like $8, so I'll probably just use it to remove some of my long wearing lip products. I lost more eyelashes scrubbing with this crap than I did picking at my mascara.

I tried the Equate Brand, the CVS brand and the Rimmel. They were all about the same in terms of performance; which is to say....all dismally ineffective.

By chance I ran across a review here of the Sonia Kashuk Eye makeup remover and made a special trip to Target to get some. It was hard for me to hand over $10 after my traumatic experience with the Neutrogena brand, but I was desperate.

Well hallelujiah...it works. It actually works and I don't have to scrub or wipe until my lids are raw. It isn't greasy or oily, which I actually don't mind, but it isn't drying either. It does not sting.

I was beginning to think I was going to have to pay big bucks for a department store brand. If you've been reading my reviews, you know that it pains me to fork over exorbitant amounts of money for department store makeup and/or skin care products. But thanks to Sonia Kashuk, I don't have to.

I still think ten bucks is a little steep for a drugstore brand, but you get a fairly big bottle and it does what it's supposed to do. I'll pay it, gladly.

on 4/4/2010 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Amazing stuff. Does not irritate my sensitive eyes or leave an oily residue on my eye lids and removes effectively - no scrubbing to get the gel liner off. The best part is that it's easy to get your hands on, even when traveling since it's sold at Target and it's very affordable for the amount you get. I have used more expensive brands and I way prefer SK over those anyday. Will repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

I have been using Clinique's Take The Day Off eye remover prior to finding this gem, which worked great. It took all of my waterproof eyeliner and mascara off with just a few swipes. However, using that product overtime became a bit pricey, which is why I love this eye makeup remover by Sonia Kashuk to pieces. It takes all of my eye makeup extremely well with only one or two swipes of a cotton round (something I couldn't find in any other drugstore product.) It does not irritate or leave an oily residue on my eye lids. The only downside to this product is that it left the skin around my eyes a bit dry after the first time I used it. However, I have been using a good eye cream since then and haven't had a problem with anymore dryness. I recommend this eye makeup remover to anyone who is currently using the one by Clinique or who has been thinking of trying the Lancome remover. For only $10, you get a very high quality eye makeup remover.

on 2/23/2010 11:21:00 PM

This stuff is AMAZING. I have been looking for something to remove my gel eyeliner which I love but is like a permanent tattoo and a pain to remove...this removed it ALL in one swipe. This is what I wanted Philosphy's purity to do for me but it just couldn't get the eyeliner completely off. I use this and wash my face with the Purity and I feel clean...I never wake up with make up residue under my eyes anymore!

on 2/20/2010 10:39:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

So far this is my HG eye makeup remover. It's effortless taking off eye makeup. It doesn't leave a burning or tingling sensation like other products. I love that it removes waterproof makeup with ease. Price isn't too bad $9.99 at Target. Will definitely repurchase when I run out.

Edit- a week after purchase. Knocking down one lippie for drying eyes. After using this, I have to apply Visine or Artificial tears. Back to searching for an HG eye makeup remover.

on 1/19/2010 3:23:00 AM

i use to love lancome bifacil. but i love this better and it is only 9.99 at target. this remover feels lighter and takes off waterproof mascara.

on 1/9/2010 4:26:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm loving this stuff. It removes so much better than non-oil makeup removers that I've tried. I don't like having to rub my lashes to get the mascara off, because I feel like that damages them. With this stuff I just have to press it into my lashes with a moistened cotton pad and it removes almost everything. It doesn't burn my eyes or make my eyes dry, which I've read about happening to some people. Also, I don't find it overly oily, although I do use it before I wash my face. I will definitely purchase again.

on 1/7/2010 9:39:00 PM

As much as I curled my lashes pior to using a mascara it would always fall back flat. The only thing that worked for my stubborn eyelashes was a waterproof mascara. I must say I hated using waterproof mascara because of how hard it was to remove until I found Sonia Kashuk's eye makeup remover. Now I can say I love wearing Waterproof Mascara. A couple swipes is really all you need to remove any waterproof mascara or eyeliner. This product is that great!

on 11/21/2009 4:32:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This stuff worked really well, but it made my eye area very dry and irritated.

on 11/15/2009 10:17:00 AM

This is probably the best eye makeup remover available at a mass market retailer (Target). It actually works as well as the dual-phase options from Lancome or Clinique but at a much more reasonable price, and you can get it while grocery shopping. (I use the Clinique or Lancome stuff when I get a GWP but would otherwise not purchase.) This is a great product, but I'm holding my 5 rating for the miracle product that removes all makeup instantly & effortlessly ... but that probably won't ever exist. LOL I've repurchased SK Remove several times and will continue to do so.