October 25, 2014 | 1542 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by pencilpleat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Truly long wearing, but I dislike the fact that it dries up and hardens before you finish the jar. I've been advised to close the lid while I'm applying it on my eyes to prevent it drying up, but this is bothersome to do to have to open and close and open and close the jar during application. Neither do I like the idea of having to store it upside down. I prefer MAC Blacktrack to this for that reason, and for the reason that MAC Blacktrack also allows for mistakes to be corrected cleanly and easily, and does not clump if you accidentally put too much on. Oh and Blacktrack is also easy to cleanse off at the end of the day. AND Blacktrack is just as long wearing!

Bobbi Brown Black Ink Long Wear Gel Eyeliner is way too much work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by miyashu

This is the only eyeliner I use. It applies easily with my Bobbi Brown Eyeliner Brush and lasts all day. Now that I'm getting halfway into the jar (had this for over a year now), it's starting to flake just a bit if I apply too much. So it's better to build up in small amounts. Overall, fantastic eyeliner and I'd buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 12:23:00 PM More reviews by wildwolfha

OMG! Amazing eyeliner... It doesn't smudge, lasts very long ( I used it from 3pm till 12pm). I apply white eyeshadow before using the eyeliner and the result is perfect. The best eyeliner I've ever used, much better than Revlon Colorstay.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Marabear85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So ladies I have a really good way of preventing these gel based liners from drying out on you, place your gel liner upside down all the time, this brings the water/moisture from the bottom to go through the formula. I do this with all my gel based liners and they last forever..

22 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Vaniessa

This is a must-have from Bobbi Brown!!!It's long-lasting, doesn't smudge and i'm surprised that it did not smear when i had to run under the rain!!It just stay there!!!the texture is really smooth, and although mine has harden a little, i can still use it easily, unlike other brand. I really love this!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 6:56:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

HG for me! This black is so deep and true. The finish does not budge and is amazingly smooth. True love with this liner! Makes my eyes look bigger and more awake!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by r0ckroy4lty

I have been using this eyeliner since the beginning of my high school days and I have never contemplating switching my product. Gives a true jet black line, easy to control with my body shop e/l brush (tried the BB eyeliner brush but I like my BS one...more control). Like the packaging, basic and chic. A little goes a long way, so it lasts a long time. My only complaint is, although it won't dry out on you like I hear MAC fluidline does, I have gone through 3 tubs of these and sometimes they will eventually get dry and start flaking before you finish the entire product. However, this is HG material and nothing will ever replace it in my makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 5:06:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased the black because I was going for a different kind of classic eye look, something beyond my usual brown neutral colors. This is a true black, but it lacks the depth of color I was hoping for. It stays on till the end, sometimes a little too much because even with eye make up remover and my usual cleanser, there is usually some sort of residue left. It took forever to master applying this; it was much harder than I imagined. I use my Sephora professional angled eyeliner brush, dip one side in the gel, then wipe the excess of on a tissue. I hate wasting it, but it was the only way I could apply it correctly. I then apply a thing line against my upper lash line. Although I believe the quality of the gel eyeliners is very high, I would not repurchase because it is more work than I thought it would be.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2009 3:05:00 AM More reviews by helloalana

I have mixed reaction to this Black Ink gel eyeliner cos i'm also using the chocolate shimmer ink. While i find the chocolate shimmer ink very good (love it), i'm not so sure about the black ink.

I like the effect it gives - black striking effect. but somehow with the black ink liner, not long after applying it on my eyelids, i notice that i get smudges on my undereye....is it me only or do other people experience this as well?

and i notice that the black ink gel liner dries up faster (in the tub) compared to the chocolate shimmer. I have yet to try the other colors so i cant really make any comparisons yet. i will try again to see if the same thing happens again...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 8:31:00 AM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I consider myself pretty familiar with the gel/cream eyeliner rage, as I have quite a few pots of MAC Fluidline and L'Oreal HIP cream liners. I got this on eBay cheaper than I what I would've paid retail for it at the BB counter. I would never pay full price for one of these. I ran out of my Blacktrack last year and had been using MAC Penultimate as my everyday black eyeliner, but I wanted to go back to the gel/cream formula.
This stuff is no different than Blacktrack, in fact, it goes on the same and looks the same. However, it lacks that true, deep black look. That is why I'm taking off one lipstick. Even after two coats, it looks more of a dark charcoal gray/light black, if that makes sense. To correct that, I let the liner dry and apply my Penultimate over top, to give it the matte black liner look. Or if I'm in a hurry, I'll use MAC Carbon e/s over top.
I use a MAC 266 or Coastal Scents taklon liner brush to work with this liner.
I will say that it lives up to it's claim of long wearing, as it lasts through long hours at work, rubbing my eyes, crying and sleeping!