January 30, 2015 | 1827 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the ONLY long-wear eyeliner I can wear without irritating my senstive eyes or smearing off on my oily eyelids. They last all day without budging but they also wash off easily. ove how smoothly these go on, blendability is a dream. The colors have impact but also look so natural.
Black is a deep natural matt black, no brown or blue undertones. Just what I want to give my eye makeup intensity, especially for night. Not as intense as the amazing Cliniques True Black, but what is?

I'll compare Bobbi Browns Long Wear Eyeliners to other brands I've tried:

CLINIIQUES CREAM LINER (True Black) - Finally I have found a replacement for Cliniques cream liners, which also has a gorgeous color range and last all day. But they puff up and redden my sensitive eyes plus are difficult to remove completely.
REVLON COLORSTAY Boring colors, itched and puff up my eyes
CLARINS WATERPROOF EYE PENCILS are gorgeous and don't irritate, and I still love them for the convenience of a pencil but they transfer to my crease line if I'm not wearing eyeshadow, and they smudge off the corner of my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by bebejan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this gel eyeliner back in October 2008 and I am almost finished with the pot. Before purchasing this, I have loyally used MAC's fluid liner in both Blacktrack and Blitz and Glitz for 2-3 years, but decided to give this one a try. It is more expensive than the fluid liner. The consistency of BB's eyeliner is creamier than MAC's fluid liner, and the good thing about it is that it tends to dry out less easily, but I do screw the lid on quite tightly. The black color is intense, but I find that it is not as intense as Blacktrack. I took one lippie off because I have slightly oily eyelids and I find that when I line my lower eyelid at 12pm, although I may not get severe racoon eyes, but it is literally gone by 4pm. Like, just poof...disappeared! I usually have to reapply every couple of hours so I carry a mini sephora eyeliner brush with me when I'm out, and this can be a hassle. Sometimes it does smudge over my upper lip as well, and I found that Blacktrack stayed put much better. I have never tried applying it the waterline, but why bother, if it can't stay on my lower eyelid?

I've been using this for several months, but since I'm nearing the end of my pot, I think I will go back to the fluid liner. Not only did the fluid liner last longer on my lower eyelids, but it is also cheaper and I can recycle it with MAC's program.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

A favorite.

UPDATE 7/21/2011:
Still a favorite. Tried to replace w/ Sephora's "Must Have" Gel Liner, a knock off of this for $10. Returned it in a day. Not the same. This is the blackest black, and most long-lasting eyeliner I have ever worked with. It is what brought me into the eyeliner game.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by pencilpleat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Truly long wearing, but I dislike the fact that it dries up and hardens before you finish the jar. I've been advised to close the lid while I'm applying it on my eyes to prevent it drying up, but this is bothersome to do to have to open and close and open and close the jar during application. Neither do I like the idea of having to store it upside down. I prefer MAC Blacktrack to this for that reason, and for the reason that MAC Blacktrack also allows for mistakes to be corrected cleanly and easily, and does not clump if you accidentally put too much on. Oh and Blacktrack is also easy to cleanse off at the end of the day. AND Blacktrack is just as long wearing!

Bobbi Brown Black Ink Long Wear Gel Eyeliner is way too much work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by miyashu

This is the only eyeliner I use. It applies easily with my Bobbi Brown Eyeliner Brush and lasts all day. Now that I'm getting halfway into the jar (had this for over a year now), it's starting to flake just a bit if I apply too much. So it's better to build up in small amounts. Overall, fantastic eyeliner and I'd buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 12:23:00 PM More reviews by wildwolfha

OMG! Amazing eyeliner... It doesn't smudge, lasts very long ( I used it from 3pm till 12pm). I apply white eyeshadow before using the eyeliner and the result is perfect. The best eyeliner I've ever used, much better than Revlon Colorstay.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Marabear85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So ladies I have a really good way of preventing these gel based liners from drying out on you, place your gel liner upside down all the time, this brings the water/moisture from the bottom to go through the formula. I do this with all my gel based liners and they last forever..

22 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Vaniessa

This is a must-have from Bobbi Brown!!!It's long-lasting, doesn't smudge and i'm surprised that it did not smear when i had to run under the rain!!It just stay there!!!the texture is really smooth, and although mine has harden a little, i can still use it easily, unlike other brand. I really love this!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 6:56:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

HG for me! This black is so deep and true. The finish does not budge and is amazingly smooth. True love with this liner! Makes my eyes look bigger and more awake!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by r0ckroy4lty

I have been using this eyeliner since the beginning of my high school days and I have never contemplating switching my product. Gives a true jet black line, easy to control with my body shop e/l brush (tried the BB eyeliner brush but I like my BS one...more control). Like the packaging, basic and chic. A little goes a long way, so it lasts a long time. My only complaint is, although it won't dry out on you like I hear MAC fluidline does, I have gone through 3 tubs of these and sometimes they will eventually get dry and start flaking before you finish the entire product. However, this is HG material and nothing will ever replace it in my makeup bag.