October 26, 2014 | 1046 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2012 4:54:00 AM More reviews by redcoat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I wanted so much to like this product as much as the reviewers on Makeup Alley do. But I just can't seem to. It didn't make my skin glow, it didn't make my skin smoother, it didn't reduce the size of my pores, nothing. I used it twice a week for two weeks, and I saw no improvements on my skin. In fact, I think it made my skin slightly dehydrated, and my pores clogged (which is messed up because this product is supposed to suck out all the gunk from your pores). I used it with ACV, and when I saw that it made my combination/oily skin dehydrated, I added honey to the mix. But the results were still the same - clogged pores, dehydrated skin, no glow no nothing. At least it didn't break me out majorly, except for a few tiny whiteheads. Perhaps I didn't use it long enough to see positive results, perhaps I wasn't using the right mix. Nonetheless, I am very disappointed with this product. I might just give it away to someone. Who knows, it might work for them?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Morgan40ish

If you like Stark Skincare's mask, you'll adore this one even more! It works the same at a small fraction of the cost. I love how big the container is! My skin is in check!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by phoebeweatherfield

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a really wonderful product if you're a person who likes clay masks. I have sensitive, acne-prone, neither-oily-nor-dry skin, and this mask makes it incredibly soft and definitely helps clean out my pores. The only caution I would give is that it really has to be used with the ACV-when I tried making it with water, the texture remained very lumpy and uneven, and it was very hard to spread. However, with ACV, it's just perfect. Also, because it's just dry, powdered clay, there's no need for preservatives of dubious safety (though I'm far from the most conscious person out there about such things, I do like to avoid them when I can do so without compromising effectiveness, and this product definitely allows you to do that).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Erinjoelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Using this product on your face as a mask is amazing. I mix it with apple cidar vinegar and leave it on for 20-30 minutes. Then gently wash it off using only warm water, your face may get very pink, mine does but I immediately apply a moisturizer and the pinkness goes away after about 20 minutes. Also your face will feel as soft as a baby's butt!

Over the summer my face broke out very badly and I was an oily mess... Disgusting. I've used this 3 times in the last 2 weeks and my face has a lot less pimples. I used to wake up with at least 3 new pimples every morning, now it's maybe 1 or none at all! And this stuff is AMAZING for blackheads, which I have a lot of!! After you wash the mask off you will see that all of your blackheads have came to the surface and you just barely have to press them out. So basically... it's amazing!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by hellothere2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this. The thought of using the ancient secret that MUST be a solution for all was super intriguing, and I wanted in.
But... it wasn't what I thought it would be. Keep in mind, I just mixed this powder with plain water. Maybe that was the problem.

Pros:
.... Nothing?

Cons:
- Irritated face and made it red (I have sensitive skin though)

Good for: People who do not have sensitive skin

Not for: People with sensitive skin

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by imasocalgirl

My daughter LOVES this product. Makes her skin very smooth!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by SM24

Let me give you a little background on my skin. I'm acne-prone, oily, and am prone to clogged pores. I barely get inflamed pimples so you could say my acne is non-inflamed /mild. It still really annoys me and ive tried so many things to get rid of the clogged pores but nothing works. So I came across this mask on this website and saw the amazing reviews, and I bought this on iherb.com saturday and received in yesterday (tuesday night).

I made the mask with apple cider vinager and it started bubbling like expected. Anyway I wanted to test it out on one area first to see my skins reaction so I just put it on my forehead. (Cheeks are a little sensitive)
I slapped on a thick layer of this green gunk on my forehead and left it on for an hour. It was tight and pulsated a little but nothing unbearable. Anyway I washed it off after 1 hour and my skin was soo soft! My skin was red but that went away fast, and my pores looked smaller. The blackheads were dried out and I extracted some with a sterilized tool, and overall my skin just feels great:) I woke up and felt my forehead and it felt baby smooth, my makeup also went on more smoothly and I'm not getting oily! Overall I really liked this mask and am planning on using it 1-2 times a week, I will update:)

Buy this! There are serriously no cons and it will only do good for you

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 8:35:00 AM More reviews by playdirty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Amazing. Absolutely amazing. This stuff is my absolute HG when it comes to saving my skin. Not only does it come in a HUGE 1lb tub for around $6 but it actually works and does everything it claims to. I mix mine with Apple Cider-Vinegar and a couple drops of Tea Tree Oil and while the smell isn't the most pleasant the results are most worth it. I apply a very generous layer and leave it on for about an hour (I know, much longer than most but for me it's what works) or until dried once a week. I'll admit then once it starts drying it can be a tiny bit painful and uncomfortable because it becomes extremely dry and can pull at your skin in suction motions as described and is somewhat difficult to take off, but again the benefits outweigh the negatives by a landslide. Your skin will become red, raw and sensitive so a good moisturiser is a must but calms down around half an hour afterwards. You're soon left with smooth, soft, clear and blackhead free skin, what more could you ask for?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Joy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

my pet rabbit would get these nasty abscesses on her belly. The breeder lived just a couple houses down from me so I took her there and she put this stuff on it, and let it dry and left it there. The abscesses were really big and nasty and eventually would burst open but this is the stuff we used to make it happen sooner so the abscess didnt get even worse. So, I did start using it on my face if I got a zit, I guess it worked well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by whiteprincess

I had a clogged pore at my temple and somehow it became infected and grew so large that it actually hurt when i smiled. It quickly became a large, angry-looking red nodule. I did the hot compress, I put on clindamycin, which usually kills my zits in a day or two. But nothing worked on this beast. There no was head, and i was desperate!

After reading the reviews online, I quickly made a beeline to the Vitamin Shoppe after work. I mixed it with ACV and honestly, i really can't tell you the perfect ratio - you just have to keep adding ACV and mixing until you get the right pasty consistency. I put a spot treatment on it and went to bed. The next day, the nodule was STILL there, so this is not a miracle worker guys, but i would say it went down about 30%. 2nd night I did it again, and by the third day it was down to about 20% of its original size. It did not come to a head and there was no squeezing involved.

Today is the 6th day, and the nodule is now flat. I can still feel a small hard bump but it is shrinking by the day. I am a medical student and sometimes, shit like this throw you for a loop.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No