April 19, 2014 | 1599 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by rbledsoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product since 1999. I have used it with both water and apple cider vinegar, the instructions actually tell you to use the acv and the results are astounding! I have terribly oily skin and since I have been using this product I have been able to calm and heal my skin blemishes, I use this on my back and chest area as well when needed.
The product brings up the impurities to the surface and gets rid of them over time. People whose reviews I read that had a problem with blackheads becoming worse should realize that the mask does this and this is how it works..it cleanses from the inside out and the blackheads will be exfoliated after a few times.
I have learned not to leave this product on for more than 30 minutes as it can actually "burn" fair/sensitive skin which I have.
This product is wonderful and will continue to be a part of my weekly treatment process.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Karidinka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff, been using it for about a year and while I can't say it has made a huge difference to my skin, I simply can't resist the whole preparation/application process ;)

This product is a must for me to prevent breakouts whenever I feel I used a 'wrong' product. I get clogged easily. This mask really helps. I use it once or twice a week. I mix it with ACV and wait for the fizzing to stop, then apply a thin layer of the paste to my face. Wait for it to dry, wash off and apply moisturizer. Simple, effective and... a bit smelly.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 4:23:00 AM More reviews by mspinkcotton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

In my opinion, this is the only mask worth buying. For any other mask need (i.e. moisturizing mask), I'd make with household ingredients. I have sensitive, acne prone skin. This makes my skin as close to "normal" as it could ever get. Don't hesitate. Get it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by emliscio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Seriously this stuff is amazing. I try not to use it too much because its pretty harsh. It really does make your face pulsate! I use equal parts apple cider vinegar and the clay. A little goes a LONG way. Leave it on until it feels really tight. Soften the clay with a warm wash cloth and then wash the rest off. Your face will be red for a while but I always wake up with glowing skin! Definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by GucciDiva

This is great IF USED IN MODERATION! I was using it once a week and it really helped to calm my skin down. I got mask happy and used it 3x a week and my skin got pissed, but now I'm back to once a week and it's working well again.

MY METHOD:
I mix about a tablespoon of it with apple cider vinegar and a drop of tea tree oil. I mix it in a dixie cup with a chopstick. Be sure to use apple cider vinegar and not water, water makes it clumpy, while the acv gives it a thick, smooth, whipped texture.
I apply this either with my fingers or a foundation brush. It takes about 10 min to dry, then you start to feel the pulsation. Don't move your face. I leave it on for about 40 min. When it's time to take it off, I look like a crackly faced zombie.

I remove it by taking a wet washcloth and pressing it into the clay to soften it. DON'T SCRUB IT OFF WITHOUT SOFTENING, YOU WILL REALLY HURT YOUR SKIN!. Then I gently wipe it off, and soak the stubborn bits a little more. I'm pretty pale, so my face is bright red for about 45 min after. This is normal. After removing the mask, pat your skin dry, then apply moisturizer. Wait a bit and apply more moisturizer. I do this at night.

The next morning, my skin looks glowy, feels smooth, and my acne hyperpigmentation/current zits look much reduced. If you use this once a week, your skin will be happy.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by sarandipity68

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

after experimenting with different facial masks, i stumbled upon this and fell in love. million times better then expensive facials at nordstorms spa.

this makes my face feels like a million bucks, and better than any expensive facial ever did. i take 1/2 a tablespoon and mix it with water and leave it on my face for about 20-30 mins (depending on how much time i have). it pulsates, it really does, and you feel like your face is getting rid of all the bad toxins. when time to remove i use a wet wash cloth/paper napkin, leave it on my face for a few seconds to wet the dry mask and rinse it off.. sometimes my face does get red and sometimes it doesnt, havent quite figured out why it does when it does, but regardless make sure you have about an hour before you have to go out. my skin used to be normal, now it is a bit combination. so my face does feel dry after i take it off and have to hydrate it with a good moisturizer instantly. But my face always looks flawless.. i use it about 2 times a week. thurs to jump start my weekend face, and on sunday evening, to get rid of the weekend toxins from all the heavy makeup usage..

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! WILL BUY IT FOREVER!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by tristinbrittany

I tried this for the first time two days ago, and I love it! It is like the mint clay mask I used when I was a teenager, but purer. It healed my a cyst I had on my chin after two applications (full mask first night, spotted the second). I added water, next time I will try acv. It's incredibly inexpensive for how much is in the container. My new hg!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by hanmu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this mask for about a year now, and honestly I'm still not sure what to make of it. I find that it works best in the summer when my skin is oily and less prone to dryness, but during the winter it feels very harsh and actually appears to make my acne worse. I get the feeling this clay would be best suited to oily skin with blackheads, whereas my skin tends to be quite dry and inflamed.
Recently I've been mixing it with a little manuka honey, neem oil and turmeric which seems to alleviate the irritation I was experiencing before. I haven't seen a change in the amount of acne lesions that develop, but it does somewhat dry up the existing ones.
Despite the negatives I still urge everyone to give this a try since it's so affordable and works for a lot of people. Just make sure to follow up with a moisturiser!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Maite5468

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS STUFF!!! I use I with Organic ACV (Bragg's) and add either TTO or Manuka Oil (to kill bacteria) and leave it on till it dries up completely (usually 30-45 mins) my skin a slightly red but that goes away after like 30 mins. I do have to moisturize right away cuz it does dry out my skin, which is also y I cant use it more then twice a week, but that's enough for me! I really feel like it sucks everything out of my pores, I feel it pulsating and it leaves my face super clean! I remove all my MU with jojoba oil (if I'm wearing any) and then cleanse it with Dr.Bronners tea tree soap so I don't need to wash my face after I remove the mask. I got a huge tub and I've had it for like 6 months and I've hardly made a dent in it so this stuff is gonna last me forever! U only need like a TBSP and maybe the same amount of ACV (maybe more just mix little by little till u get the consistency u want) and make sure to not use anything metal because it lessens the effects of the clay. SO GO BUY IT! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by juliejujube

So far I've used this clay mask TWICE. The first time I made too much product, I had to apply the extra mask on my heels and hands. The perfect amount for me is 1/2 tbsp. of clay powder mixed with a scant 1/2 tbsp. of Apple Cider Vinegar. My intial impressions of this mask is it ITCHES and it STINKS. I finally know what other reviewers are saying when they say this mask PULSATES. You literally feel your skin moving, similar to lava flowing and bubbling, minus the burning factor. It just itches. I remove the mask after it hardens by continuously splashing my face with warm water until it softens and washes off my face. I am a little scared this product will clog my drain, but the next place I could wash this off is in my backyard, which I am frankly not down for. After all this, I would still use this mask because my skin was smoother and my scars are getting lighter, YAY! Anyone who says this mask is a pleasant experience is lying, lol. Even though I don't look forward to putting it on, the results have been worth it for me. I'm only going to use it once a week as it is a strong product and I don't want to aggravate my skin too much. Bottom line: Give it a try! I'll be updating my post again after a month's worth of uses.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No