July 31, 2014 | 1647 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Milk of Magnesia

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2007 2:14:00 AM More reviews by christinejonat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I did as most other people, applied over my lotion as a primer. The first few days, I noticed it did help with my oil. It also seems to make my foundation cover more. I actually had to put on blush because my usual rosy cheeks were covered even though I used less foundation. It also just makes my face feel clean...
I even went to a rock concert and came out shine free! It took about 4 days before I noticed it reduced the size of my pores & it made my skin softer & less irritated. The only downside is at the end of the day, I see tiny little spots where my foundation pooled. But now that i know to look out for that, I can dab it away. Definitely a keeper! Oh and I bought the generic Walmart brand

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2007 1:09:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a life saver for MUA with oily skin. Smooth just a few drops on T-zone. Apply moisturizer to dry cheeks, under eyes, & jaw line. Then apply sunscreen, foundation, & makeup like normal. NO oily, shiny skin after a few hours of wear. Doesn't change color of foundation/powder. Keeps makeup in place too. I carry oil blotting translucent powder, or sheets, to absorb any shine that shows up. No longer have to blot and redo my whole face by the afternoon or evening. Cost $4 at CVS. May put in pump bottle for easier application. UPDATE: Purchased Makeup International Anti-Shine in 'Dark' so no longer using this. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2007 12:40:00 PM More reviews by NYNay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a dirt cheap primer and it works incredibly well. I put it on with a small, clean makeup sponge, I use so little you can't even see it on my face. I swipe over the t-zone and let dry (takes like 5 seconds), then put on my foundation. When I apply at 7:30AM, I am still totally shine-free until NOON. Around 1:00PM, I have just a teensy bit of shine on my nose. I use an oil blotting paper, and it's no problem. My forehead/cheeks are not an oil slick, WOW. As an oily skin gal, I used to blot or powder ten times before noon, so this is a major, major improvement. I've been using about two weeks now, it's great to just not worry about the oilies. It's even working in the NYC summer heat, so you know this stuff rocks. RAVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2006 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Newfreezer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I buy the Fred's brand MOM. It has less ingredients than most MOM. I absolutely love MOM as a primer. I have super oily skin. At work, I used to use stridex pads during mid-day and then have to reapply my makeup. I no longer have to do that. I use a thin layer under my makeup. I don't water down or anything with moistruizer. When I first started using, I didn't know how to get the hang of it, because it turns white. However, I've found that less is more. Although you would think that more on your face would work better, a thin layer works just the same and without all the white stuff. The thick gunk that forms on the sides of the bottle where you pour is great for a mask. Not only is this MOM good for controlling oil, but it sets my makeup nicely and it helps to disinfect bacteria. yay!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2006 3:59:00 PM More reviews by whataworld

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It contains aluminum, so just like anti-perspirant it will stop any bodily secretions. Great if you're oily but not so helpful keeping my makeup on just plain old normal skin. How bout as a face mask, then rinsed off?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2006 6:12:00 AM More reviews by carekate

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My holy grail mattifying makeup “primer” and one of the lynch-pins in my oily-skin battle plan – check out my notepad for tips on how to incorporate it into your skin care regimen to help keep your face shine-free until late afternoon, rather than having to blot the greasies before 9am!! I will NEVER be without this product to keep my oily-skin at bay, period.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2006 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Selenite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Paula Begoun has been constantly raving about using milk of magnesia for its oil absorption properties. After finally paying $4US for an 8 oz bottle, I have to say that I'm very satsified. Not only does it absorb oil very well but it also seems to help my foundation stay on longer and I use an ultramatte formula! While other people are spending $30US and higher for foundation primers in 1 oz bottles (like Laura Mercier's Secret Finish, Smashbox's Photofinish, and NARS's primer) I'm going to keep on spending only $4US a bottle for something that actaully works and will last forever.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No