Milk of Magnesia as Primer

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/12/2008 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I tried using it today and my T-zone still got shiny after a few hours! So disappointed it didn't work out for me... :(

on 1/25/2008 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I use to us MOM in high school with no problems. I started using it again recently and after one week my skin has broken out in huge zits. I don't know what happened but I will stop using MOM and stick with my Smashbox primer and Lamcome t-zone gel.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

MOM is a steal and an amazing primer! I get very oily and feel as though my makeup is gone a few hours after application. MOM has made it last all day without clogging my pores and keeping me matte and dry. For the quantity and the price I am not sure I ever want to try anything else. Apply very little b/c a little goes a long way! If you apply heavy handed you will have white streaks. I put it in a travel container and keep it with my daily products. I labeled it Secret Potion, b/c that is what it is! I highly recommend this product!

I discovered primer about a month ago. I used my mother's Models Prefer Facial Primer and it was fantastic. Not wanting to spend that kind of money, I read the reviews here and tried MOM. I have to say that it is absolutely fabulous. It works just as good, if not better than Models Prefer. I have seriously oily skin and never found a foundation or powder to keep me oil free for more than 1 hour. This product is really, really amazing. I use it after my moisturizer (an AHA product, which does not control my oil very well). I found that I needed more than just a dab, so I put it on as a lotion. Some users complain about pastyness, I have medium tan skin and don't really think it makes me look pasty (I have worn it without make up). Honestly, I can't believe I did not know about this product before.

on 11/20/2007 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Let me add to the ranks of those who are totally and completely amazed by this product. I have OFF THE CHARTS oily skin and this product is among the best I've tried for oil control. Now, in the interest of full disclosure, I use this product in conjunction with a few other dynamite products so I can't attest to how it would work on its own. What I can tell you is that when I add it to my skin care routine and my mattifier (Maryl Kay), I am oil free for most of the day. It makes my skin soft and it look clearer too (and I have pretty clear skin to begin with). I had read that it makes your skin tight and all that but I respectfully disagree. It's truly amazing because my day starts at 4:00 am so I have the potential to have some serious issues with my face coming apart by late afternoon. But I'm telling you, a blot here and there throughout the day and my face still looks FLAWLESS 12-16 hours later. Simply incredible. I've spent a small fortune on oil control and would never have believed that something so inexpensive would be the answer. Wow!

on 10/31/2007 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This works surprisingly well for $3 a bottle! Granted, I was still shiny by the end of the day... but it held up for the most part up until noon... which is just unheard of for me because my skin gets shiny after one hour of applying make up no matter what kind of "oil control" products I used. This is def going to become a staple in my cosmetics box

on 10/16/2007 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wow...who would have thought a laxative would make a great face primer?! I have tried them all... LM, BM, Smashbox...to no avail at really helping with the oilies. Well between MoM and my Boots primers, they are about even in keeping oilies under control.

I don't use a cottonball to apply this or it gets streaky. I wash my face, apply moisturizer and sunscreen, *let it set in for about 10 mins* THEN apply my mom with just a few drops and patting it in my T-zone. I dillute it just a little bit with water in a separate bottle to make it prettier =)

REally a wonderful product I wish I'd known about a long time ago!!!

I did as most other people, applied over my lotion as a primer. The first few days, I noticed it did help with my oil. It also seems to make my foundation cover more. I actually had to put on blush because my usual rosy cheeks were covered even though I used less foundation. It also just makes my face feel clean...
I even went to a rock concert and came out shine free! It took about 4 days before I noticed it reduced the size of my pores & it made my skin softer & less irritated. The only downside is at the end of the day, I see tiny little spots where my foundation pooled. But now that i know to look out for that, I can dab it away. Definitely a keeper! Oh and I bought the generic Walmart brand

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is a life saver for MUA with oily skin. Smooth just a few drops on T-zone. Apply moisturizer to dry cheeks, under eyes, & jaw line. Then apply sunscreen, foundation, & makeup like normal. NO oily, shiny skin after a few hours of wear. Doesn't change color of foundation/powder. Keeps makeup in place too. I carry oil blotting translucent powder, or sheets, to absorb any shine that shows up. No longer have to blot and redo my whole face by the afternoon or evening. Cost $4 at CVS. May put in pump bottle for easier application. UPDATE: Purchased Makeup International Anti-Shine in 'Dark' so no longer using this. continued >>

on 5/30/2007 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a dirt cheap primer and it works incredibly well. I put it on with a small, clean makeup sponge, I use so little you can't even see it on my face. I swipe over the t-zone and let dry (takes like 5 seconds), then put on my foundation. When I apply at 7:30AM, I am still totally shine-free until NOON. Around 1:00PM, I have just a teensy bit of shine on my nose. I use an oil blotting paper, and it's no problem. My forehead/cheeks are not an oil slick, WOW. As an oily skin gal, I used to blot or powder ten times before noon, so this is a major, major improvement. I've been using about two weeks now, it's great to just not worry about the oilies. It's even working in the NYC summer heat, so you know this stuff rocks. RAVE!

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products