Milk of Magnesia as Primer

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Awesome face mask too.
Be sure to buy the original formula not mint.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

It is ok as a primer. Kept my oil at a small level throughout the hot day. There was some shine after a couple of hours. BUT I'd rather wear this than wear nothing at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

though i liked the way this sopped up my face oil, i found it very difficult to blend my makeup (MAC studio concealer) atop of it. since I wear undereye concealer everyday, i don't think i'll bother buying this again. i dab it on my cheeks, eyelids, and chin... but the packaging makes it tricky to do without dripping liquid everywhere haha. i tend to put a little in the cap and dip my fingers in it that way. i think i'll stick with silicone primers :(

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

They should call it Milk of Miracles. I've been fighting the oil slicks on my face for so long, to no avail. A very thin coat of this on the T-zone makes all the difference. All I do is a tiny bit of blotting after maybe 4 or 5 hours; amazing, considering that it used to be 20 minutes after I applied make-up! I use mineral or powder foundation and that works better than liquid foundation over this primer. Even on my eyelids it works wonders at keeping the oiliness away. My $1.00 bottle will last forever, so I'm thrilled about discovering this.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I tried using it today and my T-zone still got shiny after a few hours! So disappointed it didn't work out for me... :(

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I use to us MOM in high school with no problems. I started using it again recently and after one week my skin has broken out in huge zits. I don't know what happened but I will stop using MOM and stick with my Smashbox primer and Lamcome t-zone gel.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

MOM is a steal and an amazing primer! I get very oily and feel as though my makeup is gone a few hours after application. MOM has made it last all day without clogging my pores and keeping me matte and dry. For the quantity and the price I am not sure I ever want to try anything else. Apply very little b/c a little goes a long way! If you apply heavy handed you will have white streaks. I put it in a travel container and keep it with my daily products. I labeled it Secret Potion, b/c that is what it is! I highly recommend this product!

I discovered primer about a month ago. I used my mother's Models Prefer Facial Primer and it was fantastic. Not wanting to spend that kind of money, I read the reviews here and tried MOM. I have to say that it is absolutely fabulous. It works just as good, if not better than Models Prefer. I have seriously oily skin and never found a foundation or powder to keep me oil free for more than 1 hour. This product is really, really amazing. I use it after my moisturizer (an AHA product, which does not control my oil very well). I found that I needed more than just a dab, so I put it on as a lotion. Some users complain about pastyness, I have medium tan skin and don't really think it makes me look pasty (I have worn it without make up). Honestly, I can't believe I did not know about this product before.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Let me add to the ranks of those who are totally and completely amazed by this product. I have OFF THE CHARTS oily skin and this product is among the best I've tried for oil control. Now, in the interest of full disclosure, I use this product in conjunction with a few other dynamite products so I can't attest to how it would work on its own. What I can tell you is that when I add it to my skin care routine and my mattifier (Maryl Kay), I am oil free for most of the day. It makes my skin soft and it look clearer too (and I have pretty clear skin to begin with). I had read that it makes your skin tight and all that but I respectfully disagree. It's truly amazing because my day starts at 4:00 am so I have the potential to have some serious issues with my face coming apart by late afternoon. But I'm telling you, a blot here and there throughout the day and my face still looks FLAWLESS 12-16 hours later. Simply incredible. I've spent a small fortune on oil control and would never have believed that something so inexpensive would be the answer. Wow!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This works surprisingly well for $3 a bottle! Granted, I was still shiny by the end of the day... but it held up for the most part up until noon... which is just unheard of for me because my skin gets shiny after one hour of applying make up no matter what kind of "oil control" products I used. This is def going to become a staple in my cosmetics box

Popular Primer/ Correctors