December 20, 2014 | 1453 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Milk of Magnesia as Primer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2008 11:57:00 AM More reviews by CherryPieLove

I discovered primer about a month ago. I used my mother's Models Prefer Facial Primer and it was fantastic. Not wanting to spend that kind of money, I read the reviews here and tried MOM. I have to say that it is absolutely fabulous. It works just as good, if not better than Models Prefer. I have seriously oily skin and never found a foundation or powder to keep me oil free for more than 1 hour. This product is really, really amazing. I use it after my moisturizer (an AHA product, which does not control my oil very well). I found that I needed more than just a dab, so I put it on as a lotion. Some users complain about pastyness, I have medium tan skin and don't really think it makes me look pasty (I have worn it without make up). Honestly, I can't believe I did not know about this product before.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2007 7:27:00 AM More reviews by poeticsinger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me add to the ranks of those who are totally and completely amazed by this product. I have OFF THE CHARTS oily skin and this product is among the best I've tried for oil control. Now, in the interest of full disclosure, I use this product in conjunction with a few other dynamite products so I can't attest to how it would work on its own. What I can tell you is that when I add it to my skin care routine and my mattifier (Maryl Kay), I am oil free for most of the day. It makes my skin soft and it look clearer too (and I have pretty clear skin to begin with). I had read that it makes your skin tight and all that but I respectfully disagree. It's truly amazing because my day starts at 4:00 am so I have the potential to have some serious issues with my face coming apart by late afternoon. But I'm telling you, a blot here and there throughout the day and my face still looks FLAWLESS 12-16 hours later. Simply incredible. I've spent a small fortune on oil control and would never have believed that something so inexpensive would be the answer. Wow!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2007 10:36:00 PM More reviews by wendiii

This works surprisingly well for $3 a bottle! Granted, I was still shiny by the end of the day... but it held up for the most part up until noon... which is just unheard of for me because my skin gets shiny after one hour of applying make up no matter what kind of "oil control" products I used. This is def going to become a staple in my cosmetics box

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2007 6:03:00 PM More reviews by ccope4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow...who would have thought a laxative would make a great face primer?! I have tried them all... LM, BM, Smashbox...to no avail at really helping with the oilies. Well between MoM and my Boots primers, they are about even in keeping oilies under control.

I don't use a cottonball to apply this or it gets streaky. I wash my face, apply moisturizer and sunscreen, *let it set in for about 10 mins* THEN apply my mom with just a few drops and patting it in my T-zone. I dillute it just a little bit with water in a separate bottle to make it prettier =)

REally a wonderful product I wish I'd known about a long time ago!!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2007 2:14:00 AM More reviews by christinejonat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I did as most other people, applied over my lotion as a primer. The first few days, I noticed it did help with my oil. It also seems to make my foundation cover more. I actually had to put on blush because my usual rosy cheeks were covered even though I used less foundation. It also just makes my face feel clean...
I even went to a rock concert and came out shine free! It took about 4 days before I noticed it reduced the size of my pores & it made my skin softer & less irritated. The only downside is at the end of the day, I see tiny little spots where my foundation pooled. But now that i know to look out for that, I can dab it away. Definitely a keeper! Oh and I bought the generic Walmart brand

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2007 1:09:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a life saver for MUA with oily skin. Smooth just a few drops on T-zone. Apply moisturizer to dry cheeks, under eyes, & jaw line. Then apply sunscreen, foundation, & makeup like normal. NO oily, shiny skin after a few hours of wear. Doesn't change color of foundation/powder. Keeps makeup in place too. I carry oil blotting translucent powder, or sheets, to absorb any shine that shows up. No longer have to blot and redo my whole face by the afternoon or evening. Cost $4 at CVS. May put in pump bottle for easier application. UPDATE: Purchased Makeup International Anti-Shine in 'Dark' so no longer using this. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2007 12:40:00 PM More reviews by NYNay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a dirt cheap primer and it works incredibly well. I put it on with a small, clean makeup sponge, I use so little you can't even see it on my face. I swipe over the t-zone and let dry (takes like 5 seconds), then put on my foundation. When I apply at 7:30AM, I am still totally shine-free until NOON. Around 1:00PM, I have just a teensy bit of shine on my nose. I use an oil blotting paper, and it's no problem. My forehead/cheeks are not an oil slick, WOW. As an oily skin gal, I used to blot or powder ten times before noon, so this is a major, major improvement. I've been using about two weeks now, it's great to just not worry about the oilies. It's even working in the NYC summer heat, so you know this stuff rocks. RAVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2006 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Newfreezer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I buy the Fred's brand MOM. It has less ingredients than most MOM. I absolutely love MOM as a primer. I have super oily skin. At work, I used to use stridex pads during mid-day and then have to reapply my makeup. I no longer have to do that. I use a thin layer under my makeup. I don't water down or anything with moistruizer. When I first started using, I didn't know how to get the hang of it, because it turns white. However, I've found that less is more. Although you would think that more on your face would work better, a thin layer works just the same and without all the white stuff. The thick gunk that forms on the sides of the bottle where you pour is great for a mask. Not only is this MOM good for controlling oil, but it sets my makeup nicely and it helps to disinfect bacteria. yay!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2006 3:59:00 PM More reviews by whataworld

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It contains aluminum, so just like anti-perspirant it will stop any bodily secretions. Great if you're oily but not so helpful keeping my makeup on just plain old normal skin. How bout as a face mask, then rinsed off?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2006 6:12:00 AM More reviews by carekate

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My holy grail mattifying makeup “primer” and one of the lynch-pins in my oily-skin battle plan – check out my notepad for tips on how to incorporate it into your skin care regimen to help keep your face shine-free until late afternoon, rather than having to blot the greasies before 9am!! I will NEVER be without this product to keep my oily-skin at bay, period.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No