November 24, 2014 | 854 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by GKam137

I am such a fan of this product as it does exactly what it is supposed to!

I bought this product as my skin started to go really dry and flaky looking and I just wanted a cleanser that was not harsh on my skin. My friend advised me to get this and I did.

It comes in a pump bottle which is useful as the right amount of cleanser comes out. It feels soft too....You can use it by putting in on a cotton wool or using it as a face wash. I have done both - I usually use it as a face wash but put it on cotton wool when I've put a face full of make up on. When I use this, my skin feels cleansed - but does not feel 'tight' or 'stripped' after like with other cleansers. It just makes my skin feel refreshed! It has a almost creamy feel to it. It doesn't really have a smell.

Overall, it does what its supposed to! I've used this now for four months and I wouldn't change cleanser now as it keeps my skin clean without stripping it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been developing a skin care routine and slowly introducing one new product every few weeks. I have moderate acne and am looking to clear it up for good. In the past, I hadn't really noticed a big difference between types of cleansers and for the past 2-3 years I've been using Dr. Bronners, which I love but I think the pH is too high for my face. Cetephil is one of those products which I've always kind of known about but it felt too plain/boring. Well, it is very plain but it cleans my skin nicely and the pH is much more appropriate for my face. In fact, I have already seen a big difference in the past 2 weeks or so that I've been using this. I feel like all of my other products can work on my skin better. I highly recommend using this with a microfiber cloth to clean your face. I found this in a travel size at Target in case you don't want to invest in an entire bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this cleanser for years. I am never without it EVER. I have quite a few cleansers but Cetaphil is so fantastic on my skin and leaves such a nice soft fresh clean feeling that I can't be without it. I keep one large container with a pump in the shower and I keep one container on my vanity. I use cetaphil as a cleanser, eyemake up remover, in place of soap, to shave my legs.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by GreenLime

I would not recommend this cleanser for acne prone skin or oily skin, even if your dermatologist suggested you to do so. If you use this product solo, for the purpose of removing make up, it will not remove 100% of your makeup but leave residue on your face. I feel the best (and correct) way to use this product is by taking a pump of the cleanser and then taking another pump of a more soapy face wash. By doing this you are removing all that gunk off your face without over drying it. I used to do this with olive oil+soapy face wash but I ran out of a good pump dispenser to store my oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by jordancrook

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

No no no. I heard such good things about this cleanser, but it really burned my skin for some reason. I tried it because I was starting retin a and wanted something a little more gentle than my cerave foaming cleanser (I was scared it would dry my skin out). Plus I liked how there were only a few ingredients. But I won't repurchase. It burned my skin and it never felt completely clean, even though I take my makeup off beforehand. I'll be sticking to my cerave foaming facial cleanser- it doesn't burn my skin and it feels cleaner after use.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by mollywoodblvdca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like it. In honesty I would probably try something new before buying it again, though. My skin is super super sensitive and I feel like this does a good job of cleaning and most importantly not aggravating my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by chitch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this cleanser for about 6 years now.

When I first started using it I had oily combination skin and it tamed my monthly breakouts and reduced the amount of oil my skin was creating. I would use it in the shower with water and at night use it to remove my makeup and take it off with a tissue.

Fast forward to now, I'd say I have normal to dry skin and this product is the step 1 before slathering on a heavy moisturizer in the morning. Still keeps the monthly breakout at bay and my skin looks fresh, healthy and vibrant despite my sleep schedule and other stress.

I love this product, I wish it were cheaper and prettier (I remove the label to make it less obtrusive on a counter but it's still enormous), it removes most make up and keeps my skin healthy and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Alimulc4

I have extremely temperamental skin. I have eczema around my nose and dry skin all over. And this soothes my skin completely. I always feel like my face is clean afterwards without being too right or itchy. I see people have complained about this not taking off makeup but as long as I don't have waterproof mascara on, it takes my makeup off just fine. It works better than any expensive face wash I've used (philosophy, Clinique, Mario bedescu, etc).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 5:05:00 AM More reviews by julielovesmakeupxo

Personally, I find the fact that people are complaining about things that were not even listed on the packaging whatsoever makes your negative reasoning against this product invalid. Granted, if you want a product that removes makeup or foams up when used, then don't buy Cetaphil, but do not expect something from a product that clearly does not list it as one of the qualifications. I have combination type skin, and suffered from terrible acne for quite some time before I read a review on this product and decided to try it. I have used multiple, if not all, Neutrogena products as well as many from the Clean&Clear line, and even some over the counter beauty face washes from my local Beauty Store. None of them worked for me, nor did they maintain a consistency in my skin. Once I switched to Cetaphil, I saw an immediate transformation in my skin. Not only do I now have a natural glow, but my face is now acne ridden and soft/moisturized. I found this product highly effective in what it offers, and honestly have not found a better face product in my entire life. I also use a moisturizer after washing with it, and I find that my skin is actually more acne free the more moisturized it is. I use makeup removing face wipes to remove my makeup separately, because I've read that it is actually better for your skin because it's a lot more gentle. Therefore, I highly recommend this face wash and found it to be extraordinarily useful. I've used it for a year so far, and find that it lasts for quite some time.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by socalgurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is just okay. I didn't feel like it cleaned very well. The daily facial cleanser is a little better but it is also not that great in my opinion. Probably better for someone who doesn't wear makeup