Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 3/21/2014 10:53:00 AM

Very good cleanser but does not remove eye make-up I use Lancome Bi-Facil for that, Have been using this cleanser after I had a facial treatment because it is not a soap. My skin still feels very dry after use but there is nothing out there that I have tried that ever left my skin not feeling this. way, In general good value but do not expect any improvements in your skin as it has no ingredients that have a wow factor but it won't make it worse

on 3/21/2014 2:51:00 AM

Starting to get into my mid 20s and my hormones are changing. I am usually normal to oily but started to become overly dry. Got eczema and exfoliation ruined my skin. I needed moisture and using the normal to oily Cetaphil was just drying me out more. Switched to this one and my eczema cleared and gave me back my baby soft skin. It doesn't "cleanse" as much as I want but it keeps my skin supple and I prefer that to anything. Plus toner removes what cleansers can't.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I use Cetaphil moisturizer, so I was expecting the same quality when I bought this face wash, but I was very disappointed. It doesn't lather at all, and even after using makeup wipes to remove most of my makeup, I could see it would not remove the remaining makeup without at least three washes. It felt like trying to wash my face with a thin lotion. I wasn't pleased at all.

on 3/13/2014 5:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff. My face is somewhat sensitive. It moisturizes my face and balances out the oilyness I get in the morning.

on 3/13/2014 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

If you have INCREDIBLY sensitive, and dehydrated skin, this is in no way right for you.
I have been using it for years in conjunction with Benzoyl Peroxide but have since stopped using BP to give my skin a break. I always thought my skin was dry because of the BP, but it is STILL dry, despite using a good moisturiser,toner and eliminating BP.

I recently realized that this has sulfate in it (the ingredient that makes it slightly lather) as well as alcohol and parabans! Every time I wash my face now I experience some peeling as well as stinging. Not good if you live in a harsh winter climate like me.

I would say though that it is a great price with respect to the amount of product you get, and it is easily accessible which is also nice.

However, if you have oily skin or non-sensitive skin, this should do you just fine. I definitely would not recommend to anyone with sensitive, dehydrated acne-prone skin however. Far better products out there! No one wants to make their breakouts more irritated.

on 3/13/2014 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have very sensitive skin

This has a nice texture, but I felt a very slight 'burn' while using it. If I'd buy it again - which I unfortunately not - I'd have to rinse it very quickly. Please note that I tried it several years ago; maybe the formula has changed since but I doubt it since it's so popular.

For a similar product (white, lotion-like and for sensitive skin), I prefer:
- Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser
- Marcelle BB Cleanser

I can even apply the two above suggestions directly on the skin (no water first) and leave it on until I remove it in the shower, even a few minutes later, while I can't do this with many cleansers for sensitive skins - including Cetaphil.

on 3/9/2014 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Read so many great things about this product so had high hopes for my temperamental skin. But although the product is indeed reasonably priced and gentle, it just didn't clean my face - AT ALL.
Into the bin it goes...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I normally have very oily skin (especially in the T zone) but this Colorado winter has been rough and I found my skin (again, especially around my nose and other areas I usually get oil) becoming very dry and flaky. I tried so many moisturizers, exfoliating scrubs, homemade face masks, NOTHING helped. I stopped using my usual cleansers, many of which contain salicylic acid up the yin yang and picked up a travel sized bottle of the Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser. I've been using it for about a week and so far I'm in love! When I use this in conjunction with the St. Ives apricot scrub my face feels baby soft and I feel that this cleanser does a good job at gently removing makeup and leaving my skin clean. My only worry is that this won't help much with my acne prone skin. So far I haven't noticed as many breakouts as I might normally get but I think it's too soon to tell if this will help with my acne or not. I'd definitely recommend it for anyone who has sensitive skin!

on 3/4/2014 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

My skin is annoyingly sensitive and allergy-prone. I've had reactions even to products that claim to be for sensitive skin (l Neutrogenia Ultra Gentle Cleanser made my face feel like it was on fire). I've been using Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser with Cotton Extract for a while now. I love this cleanser. But it costs $9.99 for 5 oz. So I've been looking for a facial cleanser for around the same price, but just as gentle. I work as a cashier. A customer came through my line today who was purchasing this cleanser. I told her that I thought I should try it. She told me her peditrician recommended it for her baby. She said its very gentle and non-irritating. I picked up a trial size and gave it a try tonight. I removed my makeup before getting in the shower. I really like this cleanser. It didn't irritate my skin at all. It also left my face feeling clean, but not tight like a lot of facial cleansers do. As soon as I run out of my current tube of the Burt's Bees cleanser, I think I'm going to purchase a store brand of this one. You get a lot more product for about $3 less. I would recommend this cleanser to anyone with sensitive or allergy-prone skin.

EDIT: The longer I use this cleanser, the more I like it. It doesn't irritate my face at all. It definitely makes my face feel cleaner than the Burt's Bees. As an added bonus, I've also noticed that it has started to clear up the very stubborn whiteheads on my forehead. I've found my new favorite facial cleanser

on 3/1/2014 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is my go to cleanser. I had a very bad acne problem a couple of years ago and spent hundreds of dollars trying to fix it. It eventually went away by itself. However, I used Proactive, Neutrogena, Clean & Clear… Anything you could think of. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser was what cleared up my skin the best for me. It amazes me because it does not even have any acne fighting ingredients within it. It makes my face feel incredibly fresh and clean after a wash. I can also tell it takes a lot of make up off because I usually take 90% of my make up off with Neutrogena wipes and then wash my face with the cleanser. While washing my face I can tell a noticeable amount of make up also washing off. I love love love this product and recommend it to everyone because it literally works for any skin type!