April 20, 2014 | 1813 users online

Mascara - Mary Kay - Ultimate Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2006 5:00:00 PM More reviews by stacky7

I love this mascara!!! I only have to put on one coat to get great looking eyelashes. My mother even had a co-worker ask her if she had on false eyelashes and she only put on one coat. Well worth the $15, not to mention the great customer service you get from you consultant.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2006 6:06:00 PM More reviews by rachael2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been coming to this site for about a year and have never written a review, but this product calls for one after seeing so many bad reviews. I was never a hard core mascara person , i would use it to finish my look, but it wasn't essential like it is to lots of women. I previously used the endless performance(and many others) and it was fine, but nothing specia. when i tried this, i was amazed...really, it gives me false-looking lashes. My eyes are so much brighter and it really pulls together my makeup...it is so good. I am extremely suprised to see all of the bad reviews. I would definately consider it my HG mascara...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2006 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Missers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this mascara. For me it lengthened and gave volume. I really liked how well it came off, I know, I know I am suppose to use an eye make-up
remover but sometimes I am lazy this mascara came off with cleanser without the racoon eyes. My lashes are also very soft not stiff and cakey. I will buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2006 11:25:00 AM More reviews by bernrboy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sadly, this didn't work for me. It flaked and I lost lashes. It burned my sensitive eyes (I wear hard gas permeable contacts).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2006 11:16:00 AM More reviews by bigbarney

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was really hoping this was THE ONE! It's not. Another "thickening" mascara that does NOT do the job. My curled lashes uncurled. It took 4 coats to get any volume at all. The ultimate insult was when my husband asked if I was done putting my make-up on. He's used to seeing full lashes. Back to Lash Out or Lash Architect...until something better comes along.
It's been 5 days. This stuff gets worse. Lashes clumped together. Messy smears. I really HATE this stuff. Into the garbage!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2006 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Meaninc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hesitated to a review on this product because I am such a fan of MK and it hurts me to write a bad review, however the truth must be told. First let me state that I am so hurt that MK discontinued my HG mascara, endless performance. That was like a genie in a bottle for my eyelashes. This ultimate mascara was supposed to replace endless performance. I was so excited when I received this product last Thursday, mainly because of all of the rave reviews you ladies have posted about this product. I thought, wow what could ever be better than the endless performance mascara? Apparently not this. and to think they charge twice as much for this than the endless performance. This mascara is much thicker than what I like, almost like clinique hign impact, but only without the dramatic impact. When I put the first coat on my lashes I didn't notice anything but darkened lashes. The second coat made my lashes stick together. Instead of my lashes being fanned out like the endless performance did this grouped my lashes into 5 sections. And to make matters worse, I lost several lashes while trying to remove this crap and even when applying. Also, the so called "smart wiper technology" that is suppised to prevent clumping apparently was out to lunch when I tried this because all I got was clumps. Basically I had a big gooey, clumpy, and smudgey mess on my eyes after only 3 coats. I could go 5 to 6 coats with the endless perfomance without clumping or smudging. This ultimate mascara is an ultimate disappointment for me. I am returning this to my MK rep on monday in exchange for all of the endless performance she has in stock. MK should really learn that old saying, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" and bring endless performance back.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2006 2:53:00 PM More reviews by sherylal24

Well, I tried this mascara and I was dissapointed. I really had to put on a few coats before I noticed any volume and it also clumped. Unless you have the time to work with this, or if you have thick lashes to begin with, than this probably won't work for you. I had much better luck with Beyond Long mascara by Prescriptives. I love Mary Kay products but their mascaras don't seem to work for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2006 7:43:00 PM More reviews by chattykathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, maybe all the fab reviews had me expecting too much here. This was a decent mascara. There was nothing I didn't like about it. It wore well, no flaking, no clumping...BUT....where was the length?? This gave my lashes lots of volume but did not really do anything for length. If you are the kind of girl that wants to fatten up your lashes you will really like this but if you are looking for dramatic long lashes this will be a disappointment for you. I guess I'm more of a diva than I thought. I like my YSL faux cils and my Guerlain enticing eyes. Those are my HG mascaras and both give a tremedous volume and lenghthening combo,very false lashlike. I will use this tube up till it's gone but I will not rebuy MK ultimate mascara. L'oreal voluminous does the same thing really, and gives a lot more length than this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2006 7:01:00 PM More reviews by semarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just received a sample tube of this and see this becoming a HG mascara!!! One coat and I had false eyelashes! I love the volume, the length it gave my lashes, the non-clumpiness of it, non-wateriness of it. I love, love, love this mascara.>>>> update 12-13-06...been using this for a year now and this and Prescriptives lash envy are major HG's!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2006 12:14:00 PM More reviews by yoopergirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the mascara I have been searching for. Makes my lashes look long, thick, and full but yet not overly done up. My lashes feel soft and natural even with 3 coats of this mascara on. I love the elegant container. I adore the brush!!!!!! Coats every lash evenly no matter how many, or how few coats you apply. No running, no flaking, no smudging.....and eventhough it stays on all day, it is relatively easy to remove with cleanser and water. I am not a fan of Mary Kay products in general, but I will buy this over and over again. It is my HG mascara. And $15 isn't all that much for a mascara. I've seen Wal-mart selling some brands for up to $10.99.