November 28, 2014 | 1057 users online

Mascara - Mary Kay - Ultimate Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2006 8:30:00 PM More reviews by cslone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I quit using the mascara because I noticed that I was losing a lot of lashes. My usual lash loss was just the occasional lash here and there. There is alot of clumping. The smart wipe technology that is advertised apparently does not work because I would have to wipe the brush off on a paper towel before I could even put the first coat on. I hate to hear that this made others lose lashes but I"m glad that other people have written these reviews. Now I'm very sure it was the mascara. I am now using MAC Mascara X which I like very well but Clinique's High Impact Mascara has been my favorite.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2006 12:56:00 PM More reviews by asantiago1371

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Too much clumping for $15.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2006 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Ambam032

I wouldn't mind the price if this was the quality of a $15 mascara. It clumps and somehow removes the curl from my lashes. I don't know why they dropped the Endless Performance mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2006 12:02:00 AM More reviews by jolybo

I bought this mascara after the MK company apparently felt I was far too happy with my life and discontinued my personal favorite Endless Performance mascara. With the EP, I always used the brown (a matte brown) all over my lashes and then followed up with the black (a glossy black) just one the tips. It made my eyes pop, didn't clump or smudge, and lasted till I took it off. So when I called my MK rep to re-order and she told me they had replaced EP with this, I thought they had found some way to improve on the EP. This mascara is nothing like the EP. It is thick and clumps, does almost nothing to lengthen my lashes, and only manages to thicken them because the lashes clump together totally by accident. As if this isn't bad enough, they all but doubled the price. I have used far better mascaras for fractions of the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2006 5:00:00 PM More reviews by stacky7

I love this mascara!!! I only have to put on one coat to get great looking eyelashes. My mother even had a co-worker ask her if she had on false eyelashes and she only put on one coat. Well worth the $15, not to mention the great customer service you get from you consultant.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2006 6:06:00 PM More reviews by rachael2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been coming to this site for about a year and have never written a review, but this product calls for one after seeing so many bad reviews. I was never a hard core mascara person , i would use it to finish my look, but it wasn't essential like it is to lots of women. I previously used the endless performance(and many others) and it was fine, but nothing specia. when i tried this, i was amazed...really, it gives me false-looking lashes. My eyes are so much brighter and it really pulls together my makeup...it is so good. I am extremely suprised to see all of the bad reviews. I would definately consider it my HG mascara...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2006 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Missers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this mascara. For me it lengthened and gave volume. I really liked how well it came off, I know, I know I am suppose to use an eye make-up
remover but sometimes I am lazy this mascara came off with cleanser without the racoon eyes. My lashes are also very soft not stiff and cakey. I will buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2006 11:25:00 AM More reviews by bernrboy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sadly, this didn't work for me. It flaked and I lost lashes. It burned my sensitive eyes (I wear hard gas permeable contacts).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2006 11:16:00 AM More reviews by bigbarney

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was really hoping this was THE ONE! It's not. Another "thickening" mascara that does NOT do the job. My curled lashes uncurled. It took 4 coats to get any volume at all. The ultimate insult was when my husband asked if I was done putting my make-up on. He's used to seeing full lashes. Back to Lash Out or Lash Architect...until something better comes along.
It's been 5 days. This stuff gets worse. Lashes clumped together. Messy smears. I really HATE this stuff. Into the garbage!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2006 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Meaninc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hesitated to a review on this product because I am such a fan of MK and it hurts me to write a bad review, however the truth must be told. First let me state that I am so hurt that MK discontinued my HG mascara, endless performance. That was like a genie in a bottle for my eyelashes. This ultimate mascara was supposed to replace endless performance. I was so excited when I received this product last Thursday, mainly because of all of the rave reviews you ladies have posted about this product. I thought, wow what could ever be better than the endless performance mascara? Apparently not this. and to think they charge twice as much for this than the endless performance. This mascara is much thicker than what I like, almost like clinique hign impact, but only without the dramatic impact. When I put the first coat on my lashes I didn't notice anything but darkened lashes. The second coat made my lashes stick together. Instead of my lashes being fanned out like the endless performance did this grouped my lashes into 5 sections. And to make matters worse, I lost several lashes while trying to remove this crap and even when applying. Also, the so called "smart wiper technology" that is suppised to prevent clumping apparently was out to lunch when I tried this because all I got was clumps. Basically I had a big gooey, clumpy, and smudgey mess on my eyes after only 3 coats. I could go 5 to 6 coats with the endless perfomance without clumping or smudging. This ultimate mascara is an ultimate disappointment for me. I am returning this to my MK rep on monday in exchange for all of the endless performance she has in stock. MK should really learn that old saying, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" and bring endless performance back.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No