October 30, 2014 | 1686 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Smog

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2004 8:39:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

Smog is a great medium brown eyeshadow with golden shimmers. If used lightly as a wash it just brings out the green in my eyes beautifully without being too coppery in tone (copper eyeshadow makes me look sickly...). When used more heavily or wet, the golden glitter is more prominent. This is perhaps the only "dark" colour I would use on the eyes combined with red lipstick! The powder is very pigmented but soft and easy to blend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2004 7:34:00 PM More reviews by OliveButtercup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite Urban Decay colors. When I bought it I was going to buy 4 other colors along with it that were very simliar, then I decided I was spending a lot of money so I tested them all out. NONE of them complimented my MMM/GGG skin tone except Smog! I love it, it's such a beautiful, rich color and is so easily blendable. Sometimes I wear it alone, or I wear a lighter shadow on my lids and use Smog in the crease. It always looks great.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2004 10:06:00 AM More reviews by missmeggo

I really like this shade: it's neutral enough (being brown / copper) to wear during the daytime (ie, to work), but it's got enough punch (because of the golden shimmer, which is subtle yet unmistakenable) to stand out from your average brown shadow.

Because of the golden flecks and intensity of the shade (which can easily be changed by how much you add; this shadow is very versatile in terms of how light / dark it can be), it doesn't feel like blah brown at all. Plus, the color is quite long-lasting; it's still there and still uncreased at the end of the day. It really makes your eyes pop, manages to be appropriate for daywear (and cool for nightwear) without sacrificing its uniqueness, and its staying power is great.

One warning: when you apply with a brush, the powder is pretty loose, so make sure that, if you're a klutz like me, you've wiped it off your cheekbones before you go out :) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2003 6:26:00 PM More reviews by longhorngirl

I love UD! Smog is such a sexy and pretty color. It is sooooo very blendable! This coppery bronze color looks amazing on my PPP coloring. Excellent staying power too. Love this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2003 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Flinta3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A very pretty dirty golden bronze, in my oppinino identical to Jane's Magical Mushroom. I can never tell a difference when i wear eiter....lol, great for a natrual look thats cool, not boring.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2003 3:07:00 PM More reviews by meljoyschal

I really like this color. I have pale skin with dark hair and blue green eyes and the UD Smog eyeshadow really makes them stand out. It's a dark brown/bronzy/goldish shimmery shade. It's very soft velvety texture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2003 6:17:00 PM More reviews by nakobear

Smog is a beautiful brown/bronze shade. When I first got this, it looked really similar to my Stila Golightly shadow, but when applied, Smog has a bit more of a brown tinge to it than Golightly which I thought looked a bit more on the bronze side on me. This UD shadow doesn't have glitter particles, so you won't have to worry about it getting all over your face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2002 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Rayvenn

I was wary of purchasing this because it looked so much like Stila's Golightly in the pot, but the results are a tad different. Where Stila's Golightly is more of a deep shimmery brown-bronze, UD's Smog, has more of a copper-gold edge on it. It's a beautiful color and looks great when I layer it with UD's X eyeshadow, or when I use it as a liner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2002 5:04:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

I normally stay clear of browns/neutrals, but I'm hoooked on Smog. It's a copper/brown that flashes gold, and looks awesome as a liner or in the crease. It's actually really similar to Jane's Magical Mushroom btw.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2002 12:50:00 PM More reviews by egilsdottir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

a very pretty, shimmery copper brown color. a wearable, versatile color that i think just about anyone could use. highly pigmented and long lasting.