September 1, 2014 | 1095 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2007 3:17:00 PM More reviews by pnaranjos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I also bought the Now brand but I guess they are all pretty much the same. Id doesn't smell and goes on super velvety on your skin after taking a shower. I use it as a total-body moisturizer (I use a lot and put it on wet skin and wait for it to dry as I rub it in).
Also, when my hair gets too frizzy I take a couple of drops and after rubbing it in my hands, I touch the problem pots and they disappear.

Best of all, I know using this as a moisturizer has left my skin the softest it has EVER been and I know there are no nasty chemicals that I will absorb.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2007 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Ifke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

O what a great multi purpose treatment.
I add a couple of drops of primrose oil and have a great facial moisuturizer. Or add 5-6 drops of lavender oil and have a great massaging oil for body and face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2007 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Superhen

So sorry I discovered too late this great product...but thanks to MUA I tried it !! I use it on body after shower or on hair (1 hour before shampoo), it has no fragrance so I love it. So it is a cheap and effective multi purpose products. I tried it on face but it has not the same great result as Extra virgin olive oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2007 1:36:00 PM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a body moisturizer, this is fantastic. A little goes a long way! I use it in the shower mixed into brown sugar as a scrub, as suggested by MUA reviewers. It's not greasy at all, just moisturizing. *HOWEVER* - if you use this on your face, you take your chances. I have dry skin but I'm acne prone (my pores clog very easily from products that are too emolient) and this stuff was terrible for my face! I broke out after about 6 hours. (BTW, I'm not sensitive to almond oil since I can use moisturizers that have it as an ingredient). So, the verdict? It's cheap, not scented, excellent as a moisturizer - just be sure to test a small area on your face if you want to use it as a facial moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2007 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett_Canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hmm, sweet almond oil is one of my least favourite oils. I find it doesn't sink into my skin easily at all. I prefer kukui.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2007 9:36:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was amazed to see this being reviewed, after all this is the most basic and simple, non commercial product you can imagine. If I had to be stranded on a desert island (or go on a Survivor contest which is more or less the same thing) I would bring only this and pure coconut oil with me, and an aloe vera plant, well and a sunscreen too. This is the most amazing versatile product you can imagine, I use it for:
- moisturizing, use as you would any moisturizer, that is after cleansing, you can moisturize any part of your skin that you like with it and it is good for stretch marks too,
- eye and face makeup remover, it removes any and all makeup even waterproof mascara, just stroke it gently on your lashes and let it *dissolve* the mascara softly,
- hair masque, just steep your hair in it for a couple of hours before washing,
- baby rash preventer, if you always use it on your baby he will never have a rash, if he gets a rash sometime because you weren't able to use it one day (you ran out or you went on a trip and you didn't take it with you) you just slather it onto the rash and the next time you change his diaper, wonder of wonders the rash will have already disappeared!
- a baby massage oil, or for that matter an adult massage oil too!
- for soothing after depilation
- nail strengthener,
- bath oil to soften your skin in the bath,
- as part of any number of homemade creams, exfoliators, etc.
This number one most versatile cosmetic product is usually quite cheap, I get it at the natural food store so I can be certain it is cold pressed and chemical free, you can also get it at the pharmacy but at least here it was more expensive at the pharmacy. If you take this with you onto your island in the Survivor contest you will not end up like other Survivor contestants, who finish the contest with scaly peeling flaking skin that looks like lizard skin.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2007 10:25:00 PM More reviews by JLB2005

Love it. As others here, I use it (mixed with spectrojel) to cleanse and remove makeup, often I use it straight as a facial moisturiser, and I like it on hands (before bed) and body. No breakouts at all. My skin really is better after having used this for several months. I detect no smell. I just use the typical drug-store brand for a couple bucks. I used to use Darphin skin products for years and now have switched to honey, almond oil, spectrojel and a few other inexpensive products...and my skin is even better. (I'm 42.)
EDIT November 2009: I am now 45 and have to say that I prefer olive oil to almond for facial cleansing and body. Maybe it is my older skin, but I think it's because olive oil is more moisturising to me. I rarely use almond oil anymore because it is not sufficiently emollient.
EDIT November 2010: Still using oils to wash my face, but this summer when I ran out of olive oil, I just returned to almond oil (I had a huge bottle under the sink). I have actually been very pleased with it. My skin still looks very good and I am 46.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2007 1:31:00 AM More reviews by alexandrovna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had break out prone skin for years using drugstore and department store moisturizers for my face. A month or so ago I just started using almond oil and my skin has gotten significantly clrearer, any scars left over from previous breakouts have faded significantly and it's overall looking healthier and has a more even tone. I had to move it into a spray bottle to avoid spilling all over and getting messy.

It doubles as a wonderfull eye make up remover and overall body moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2007 11:08:00 PM More reviews by creepygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried every expensive moisturizer in the world (Lancome, La Mer, Khiels, Murad) on my extremely dry skin. And I can say this by far has worked the best! I'm usually a bit snob when it comes to beauty products, so I was reluctant to try something so basic. But, it works so well! It has completly changed my skin from a dry desert to smooth, soft and mosturized. It takes a little while for it to sink in so I'm a little greasy while it does, but the results are sooo worth it. Who knew that something so basic could yield such good results.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2006 4:52:00 PM More reviews by bluebyblos

Sweet almond oil is a life saver; specially for the body!Specially if you have strech marks. My strech marks are way too smaller now.
I advise it for the pregnancy period also.
Great product!