July 26, 2014 | 1890 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2007 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett_Canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hmm, sweet almond oil is one of my least favourite oils. I find it doesn't sink into my skin easily at all. I prefer kukui.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2007 9:36:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was amazed to see this being reviewed, after all this is the most basic and simple, non commercial product you can imagine. If I had to be stranded on a desert island (or go on a Survivor contest which is more or less the same thing) I would bring only this and pure coconut oil with me, and an aloe vera plant, well and a sunscreen too. This is the most amazing versatile product you can imagine, I use it for:
- moisturizing, use as you would any moisturizer, that is after cleansing, you can moisturize any part of your skin that you like with it and it is good for stretch marks too,
- eye and face makeup remover, it removes any and all makeup even waterproof mascara, just stroke it gently on your lashes and let it *dissolve* the mascara softly,
- hair masque, just steep your hair in it for a couple of hours before washing,
- baby rash preventer, if you always use it on your baby he will never have a rash, if he gets a rash sometime because you weren't able to use it one day (you ran out or you went on a trip and you didn't take it with you) you just slather it onto the rash and the next time you change his diaper, wonder of wonders the rash will have already disappeared!
- a baby massage oil, or for that matter an adult massage oil too!
- for soothing after depilation
- nail strengthener,
- bath oil to soften your skin in the bath,
- as part of any number of homemade creams, exfoliators, etc.
This number one most versatile cosmetic product is usually quite cheap, I get it at the natural food store so I can be certain it is cold pressed and chemical free, you can also get it at the pharmacy but at least here it was more expensive at the pharmacy. If you take this with you onto your island in the Survivor contest you will not end up like other Survivor contestants, who finish the contest with scaly peeling flaking skin that looks like lizard skin.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2007 10:25:00 PM More reviews by JLB2005

Love it. As others here, I use it (mixed with spectrojel) to cleanse and remove makeup, often I use it straight as a facial moisturiser, and I like it on hands (before bed) and body. No breakouts at all. My skin really is better after having used this for several months. I detect no smell. I just use the typical drug-store brand for a couple bucks. I used to use Darphin skin products for years and now have switched to honey, almond oil, spectrojel and a few other inexpensive products...and my skin is even better. (I'm 42.)
EDIT November 2009: I am now 45 and have to say that I prefer olive oil to almond for facial cleansing and body. Maybe it is my older skin, but I think it's because olive oil is more moisturising to me. I rarely use almond oil anymore because it is not sufficiently emollient.
EDIT November 2010: Still using oils to wash my face, but this summer when I ran out of olive oil, I just returned to almond oil (I had a huge bottle under the sink). I have actually been very pleased with it. My skin still looks very good and I am 46.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2007 1:31:00 AM More reviews by alexandrovna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had break out prone skin for years using drugstore and department store moisturizers for my face. A month or so ago I just started using almond oil and my skin has gotten significantly clrearer, any scars left over from previous breakouts have faded significantly and it's overall looking healthier and has a more even tone. I had to move it into a spray bottle to avoid spilling all over and getting messy.

It doubles as a wonderfull eye make up remover and overall body moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2007 11:08:00 PM More reviews by creepygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried every expensive moisturizer in the world (Lancome, La Mer, Khiels, Murad) on my extremely dry skin. And I can say this by far has worked the best! I'm usually a bit snob when it comes to beauty products, so I was reluctant to try something so basic. But, it works so well! It has completly changed my skin from a dry desert to smooth, soft and mosturized. It takes a little while for it to sink in so I'm a little greasy while it does, but the results are sooo worth it. Who knew that something so basic could yield such good results.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2006 4:52:00 PM More reviews by bluebyblos

Sweet almond oil is a life saver; specially for the body!Specially if you have strech marks. My strech marks are way too smaller now.
I advise it for the pregnancy period also.
Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2006 8:08:00 AM More reviews by mikmik90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

firstly, i think its important to buy good quality sweet almond oil (and cold pressed). It is great for everything really. as a body moisturiser, for the hair, for removing makeup (although a cleanser afterwards may be required for those who are blemish prone) and a moisturiser. i use this on my cheeks where i am dry, although i wouldn't use it on my t-zone (i think this would break me out). Again, a nice natural, relatively unprocessed (compared to other skincare) product that has many uses. UPDATE:::::: used this on my cheeks when i had an allergic reaction and it cleared it up! (i'd tried everything from vaseline to cetaphil, and nothing had worked) love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2006 5:35:00 PM More reviews by divini

One of my favourite oils for cleansing (incl.eye makeup removing) and general moisturising, together with coconut oil. Sweet almond oil seems better for removing makeup, but my face likes it, too. I read somewhere on here that it was comedogenic, I donīt find it is the case with me. I have acne-prone skin with large pores, although my concern is clogging and cysts, more than pustules. No problem with this oil, on the contrary. Since I started using oils, my skin is definitely better, if only that oils remove all residual makeup, which I find was not the case with creamy clensers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2006 6:24:00 PM More reviews by MellyHelly

I love it!
I use plain cold-pressed almond oil for nearly everything!
On my long dry hair I put a spoon of oil, massage on the lenghts and especially on crisp ends. I keep it at least 1/2 hour and then wash away with a very mild shampoo. I put a tiny amount of conditioner on the ends.
It works very well when mixed with washable conditioner.
In summer I use coconut oil in the same way.
Soft, healthy dark hair!
I use almond oil on a damp cotton pad to remove both eye and face makeup, then rinse well. It leaves a smooth natural film that locks moisture inside. This make it perfect as a night moisturizer during winter and my skin is not dry!
I also massage almond oil on wet skin soon after bath and pat dry.
It's very good for nourishing weak nails.
It has a very subtle aroma, but I am not sure that's completely odourless after a few hours on the skin... You should try once and make others smell you very closely - haha!
I think it's a great and much healthier alternative to petrolates/paraffinum liquidum Baby Oil.
All the thumbs I have up for pure almond oil!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2005 4:34:00 AM More reviews by nchinoy

I was in the beauty dept. of a department store, looking around for my next worthwhile skincare purchase. Every analyst told me the same thing: I have zits because my skin is dry. This sounded more than puzzling to me, but they explained that because my skin lacked moisture and water, it was substituting this with oil and sebum contributing to pimples. So I bought a small bottle of Almond oil a few days ago and decided to use it on my face. I wasnt sure about wether i should use it as a cleanser or moisturizer. I have combination skin with bad flakies on the cheeks and zits on my chin and oily patches on the t-zone. I took a drop of oil for each cheek, a drop for the chin and another for the forehead and massaged them into my skin. It did not feel greasy at all, felt smooth and hydrating - i also reccomend using this on the neck to deeply moisturize and slow the signs of ageing. I waited about 2 mins and washed it off (i was worried about the oil contributing to more zits) and i used liquid soap to wash it off. The result - smooth, clean skin. Ive been using it for 3 days - just in the mornings - and yesterday i left it on for 5 mins instead of 2. The most surprising thing happened: i had a zit on my chin - cycstic acne - i could feel the round thing under the skin and it was pretty big 3 days ago - it looked like it was about to begin turning yellow and big. Today, its almost gone. I didnt have to suffer through the horrendous yellow pussy phase and now its shrivelling up. Im going to keep using it, and i suggest that ppl give it a try - it cost me a dollar for a small bottle. If u dont like it for ure face u can use it on ure hair or in baking too!

18 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No