January 30, 2015 | 998 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2007 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Hypnogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is such a great, cheap beauty basic. I use it in the bath, as a body moisturiser after a shower and it works wonders when my cuticles get dry (I have decanted some into an old Essie cuticle oil bottle and keep it on my desk at work).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2007 6:27:00 PM More reviews by politicalpundit

I have been using this since I first started shaving my legs! I wanted my legs to feel smooth and look really smooth so I started experimenting with different things. This worked really well before moisturizer, I would shave my legs, exfoliate, apply this oil rinse it off. I only rinsed it because I wanted glowy legs not shiny ones, then I followed with a rich cream moisturizer. Works like a charm every time. Now I decided that after I shower I'm going to use oil all over my body and then put on moisturizer. I want a dry oil spray but didn't have time to go shopping so I put this in the spray bottle, works like a charm. Spray this on and rub it in and it works beautifully before lotion and it sinks in pretty fast. I think I will still purchase a real dry oil spray but if I don't see the difference I will stick to this stuff. I also use this in homemade scrubs, with brown + white sugar, honey, almond oil, lemon and evoo. Btw, I buy a very generous sized bottle at the local indian grocery store, the bottle has 500-750 ml in it and its only around $2.99-4.99.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2007 2:02:00 PM More reviews by bablondie32

They usually sell this onlin or vitamin health stores. I have a bunch on hand for craft making projects: soaps, scented perfume oils, massage oils, sugar scrubs, etc. I like to add my own fragrance and it works well for all that. Also I'll put it in an under eye serum mixed with jojoba and aloe oils. Great stuff. On my face? I probably wouldn't use except under my eyes. I'll stick to jojoba on my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2007 10:27:00 AM More reviews by shyviolet

I am using almond oil just to try something different from my usual jojoba oil. I use this oil to remove eye makeup, as a hair conditioner/ serum, body moisturizer and facial moisturizer (in place of a conventional moisturizer since most break me out).

The almond oil is thicker than the jojoba oil, making it a little bit more difficult to spread around, but possibly a little bit more concentrated in its moisturizing capabilities.

I may prefer the serum-like consistency of the jojoba, but the different between these two oils is very subtle, I am noticing the same results from both. I will probably alternate buying this and jojoba oil.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2007 8:30:00 AM More reviews by sharmaa12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent multi-purpose product, as noted below in Spanish, and inexpensive (at Indian stores). After adding some essential lavender oil in the bottle, I use it as follows: (1) Twice/week, massage into scalp for five minutes, then shampoo/condition to prevent hair from drying out (2) Every night, use on face to remove all makeup, followed by mild gel cleanser to remove excess residue - no need for moisturizer afterwards (3) Use on damp body after shower. Many more uses, incl. overnight treatment for hair - have fun!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2007 10:30:00 PM More reviews by BavSnob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

my skin is very dry, even in the summer time. I actually have to layer my moisturisers so that im not flaking on my chin by mid-afternoon. I try to use the most natural products I can (although Ive tried everything else too) because they seem to work the best for me. I was using this oil alone for a while but it wasnt enough to keep me comfortable all day, so i found that i need to first use my moisturizer followed by a thin layer of this. it works WONDERFULLY! My skin is nice and clear (better than it has been in years really), it dosnt clog my pores and most of all my skin is moisturized and comfortable all day! no more flakies!!!

(I tried other oils (such as jojoba on top of the moisturizer and I wasnt as impressed at all.)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2007 5:22:00 PM More reviews by pilaras

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

en spain usamos este aceite siempre, para muchas cosas, para hidratar la piel y para prevenir las estrias en las mujeres embarazadas. Con la piel humeda, no deja sensacion grasa, e hidrata mucho.
Siempre tengo aceite de almendras en casa.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2007 7:55:00 PM More reviews by NuMama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Liking this a lot so far for moisturizing my body after a shower. I also use it on my son who has dry skin like me. It's thick and velvety but absorbs pretty well. I'm hoping this will continue to work well for my super dry skin this winter. I haven't tried it for other uses yet (face and hair) but look forward to experimenting.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2007 3:17:00 PM More reviews by pnaranjos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I also bought the Now brand but I guess they are all pretty much the same. Id doesn't smell and goes on super velvety on your skin after taking a shower. I use it as a total-body moisturizer (I use a lot and put it on wet skin and wait for it to dry as I rub it in).
Also, when my hair gets too frizzy I take a couple of drops and after rubbing it in my hands, I touch the problem pots and they disappear.

Best of all, I know using this as a moisturizer has left my skin the softest it has EVER been and I know there are no nasty chemicals that I will absorb.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2007 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Ifke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

O what a great multi purpose treatment.
I add a couple of drops of primrose oil and have a great facial moisuturizer. Or add 5-6 drops of lavender oil and have a great massaging oil for body and face.