November 27, 2014 | 927 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2007 8:30:00 AM More reviews by sharmaa12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent multi-purpose product, as noted below in Spanish, and inexpensive (at Indian stores). After adding some essential lavender oil in the bottle, I use it as follows: (1) Twice/week, massage into scalp for five minutes, then shampoo/condition to prevent hair from drying out (2) Every night, use on face to remove all makeup, followed by mild gel cleanser to remove excess residue - no need for moisturizer afterwards (3) Use on damp body after shower. Many more uses, incl. overnight treatment for hair - have fun!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2007 10:30:00 PM More reviews by BavSnob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

my skin is very dry, even in the summer time. I actually have to layer my moisturisers so that im not flaking on my chin by mid-afternoon. I try to use the most natural products I can (although Ive tried everything else too) because they seem to work the best for me. I was using this oil alone for a while but it wasnt enough to keep me comfortable all day, so i found that i need to first use my moisturizer followed by a thin layer of this. it works WONDERFULLY! My skin is nice and clear (better than it has been in years really), it dosnt clog my pores and most of all my skin is moisturized and comfortable all day! no more flakies!!!

(I tried other oils (such as jojoba on top of the moisturizer and I wasnt as impressed at all.)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2007 5:22:00 PM More reviews by pilaras

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

en spain usamos este aceite siempre, para muchas cosas, para hidratar la piel y para prevenir las estrias en las mujeres embarazadas. Con la piel humeda, no deja sensacion grasa, e hidrata mucho.
Siempre tengo aceite de almendras en casa.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2007 7:55:00 PM More reviews by NuMama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Liking this a lot so far for moisturizing my body after a shower. I also use it on my son who has dry skin like me. It's thick and velvety but absorbs pretty well. I'm hoping this will continue to work well for my super dry skin this winter. I haven't tried it for other uses yet (face and hair) but look forward to experimenting.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2007 3:17:00 PM More reviews by pnaranjos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I also bought the Now brand but I guess they are all pretty much the same. Id doesn't smell and goes on super velvety on your skin after taking a shower. I use it as a total-body moisturizer (I use a lot and put it on wet skin and wait for it to dry as I rub it in).
Also, when my hair gets too frizzy I take a couple of drops and after rubbing it in my hands, I touch the problem pots and they disappear.

Best of all, I know using this as a moisturizer has left my skin the softest it has EVER been and I know there are no nasty chemicals that I will absorb.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2007 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Ifke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

O what a great multi purpose treatment.
I add a couple of drops of primrose oil and have a great facial moisuturizer. Or add 5-6 drops of lavender oil and have a great massaging oil for body and face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2007 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Superhen

So sorry I discovered too late this great product...but thanks to MUA I tried it !! I use it on body after shower or on hair (1 hour before shampoo), it has no fragrance so I love it. So it is a cheap and effective multi purpose products. I tried it on face but it has not the same great result as Extra virgin olive oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2007 1:36:00 PM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a body moisturizer, this is fantastic. A little goes a long way! I use it in the shower mixed into brown sugar as a scrub, as suggested by MUA reviewers. It's not greasy at all, just moisturizing. *HOWEVER* - if you use this on your face, you take your chances. I have dry skin but I'm acne prone (my pores clog very easily from products that are too emolient) and this stuff was terrible for my face! I broke out after about 6 hours. (BTW, I'm not sensitive to almond oil since I can use moisturizers that have it as an ingredient). So, the verdict? It's cheap, not scented, excellent as a moisturizer - just be sure to test a small area on your face if you want to use it as a facial moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2007 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett_Canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hmm, sweet almond oil is one of my least favourite oils. I find it doesn't sink into my skin easily at all. I prefer kukui.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2007 9:36:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was amazed to see this being reviewed, after all this is the most basic and simple, non commercial product you can imagine. If I had to be stranded on a desert island (or go on a Survivor contest which is more or less the same thing) I would bring only this and pure coconut oil with me, and an aloe vera plant, well and a sunscreen too. This is the most amazing versatile product you can imagine, I use it for:
- moisturizing, use as you would any moisturizer, that is after cleansing, you can moisturize any part of your skin that you like with it and it is good for stretch marks too,
- eye and face makeup remover, it removes any and all makeup even waterproof mascara, just stroke it gently on your lashes and let it *dissolve* the mascara softly,
- hair masque, just steep your hair in it for a couple of hours before washing,
- baby rash preventer, if you always use it on your baby he will never have a rash, if he gets a rash sometime because you weren't able to use it one day (you ran out or you went on a trip and you didn't take it with you) you just slather it onto the rash and the next time you change his diaper, wonder of wonders the rash will have already disappeared!
- a baby massage oil, or for that matter an adult massage oil too!
- for soothing after depilation
- nail strengthener,
- bath oil to soften your skin in the bath,
- as part of any number of homemade creams, exfoliators, etc.
This number one most versatile cosmetic product is usually quite cheap, I get it at the natural food store so I can be certain it is cold pressed and chemical free, you can also get it at the pharmacy but at least here it was more expensive at the pharmacy. If you take this with you onto your island in the Survivor contest you will not end up like other Survivor contestants, who finish the contest with scaly peeling flaking skin that looks like lizard skin.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No