October 26, 2014 | 1583 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Xpregnito

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Loads if uses from adding to your smoothie/hot choc, massage oil & hair treatment among others. After researching uses for it, I discovered Miranda Kerr uses it daily taking 2 teaspoons a day. So I'm gonna give that a go. Lol!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by dc1407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'd seen a lot about the benefits of Coconut Oil on Pinterest recently and, after doing some more research, I decided to give it a go!

Picked up a jar when I was in Holland & Barretts... it cost 15, but I knew I'd be using it for everything from beauty products to cooking, so it was definitely worth it. Make sure you buy the organic stuff!

I swear by this stuff now - it is so versatile and I use it for everything! It's a solid at room temperature and melts with the slightest heat (even putting some in the palm of your hand will melt it).

Uses:

- It is HANDS DOWN the best eye make-up remover I've ever tried!

- I use it in cooking as a substitute for Olive Oil, which is healthier.

- Sometimes, I just eat a tablespoon for extra energy.

- I use it as a PRE-shampoo on occassion (it can get very messy but the results are worth it)... my hair ends up so soft!

- It makes a great moisturiser for dry skin.

- It's great to use with shaving. My razor slides over it effortlessly and gives a closer shave.

- I put it in my green tea.

- My friend uses it as a diaper/nappy rash cream subsitute and swears by it. Also, for cradle cap for baby.

I've heard you can use it for oil pulling, but that's not my cup of tea. Apparently it's also good for yeast infections, skin conditions, it can be used as a sexual lubricant etc etc. I'm sure the uses are endless. It really is a multi-trick pony!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought a jar of this from Kroger (about the size of one of those big Jiff peanut butter jars) for under $7. I actually don't really like to use this in my hair, unless I use as a deep conditioner, because it leaves the finer and less coarse hair stringy and greasy looking. However, this is the best eye makeup remover and body lotion I've ever used. I use about a tablespoon of oil for each leg--just let it melt in your hands before applying--rub it in and put on a pair of sweats you don't care about. Using what's left on your hands, you can rub your eye makeup right off--it just slides right off. Considering I pay $7/bottle for eye makeup remover and a bottle lasts a few months....this is way more cost efficient, way fewer chemicals on my face, and way gentler. Definitely buy a tub of this because I guarantee you'll find ways to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by lisaydg

I absolutely LOVE this stuff, Coconut oil is truely a gift from the gods. It saved my hair from being fried during bleaches, it is great to cook with too. Its just a miracle product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by chanslit

I was so excited to grad some coconut oil after hearing so many great things about it, but it did have a few cons for me. I used as a moisturizer for a few weeks and It broke me out pretty bad on my face and chest. Other than that I loved it for the rest of my body!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by VNova

So So Soooo many uses for coconut oil!

1. Helps digestion and promotes weight loss. (Also works for baking and cooking, a great alternative to butter and heavy oils).
2. Great for hair treatments
3. Awesome for dry skin or anyone looking for a bit extra moisture.
4. Great for the ends of the hair.

Seriously, use it inside and out. The price is amazing for the product you get. I usually check Marshalls or TJ Maxx first, they carry virgin, unrefined coconut oil for a smaller price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

So many different uses for coconut oil! Not only do I eat it for its benefits, but I warm up a little between my hands and apply it to the ends of my hair. My hair feels softer and more manageable afterwards. Leaves a shine to your hair also. Just don't over apply it, or your hair will look greasy. I use this on my body sometimes and my skin feels smooth and smells good. I would never use this on my face though because I know I would break out from it, but other than that I love it. I buy a huge jar from vitacost they have their own brand of it and its virgin organic coconut oil. LOVE

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by cuteso

THIS IS AMAZING!
I have dry, damaged hair and have tried almost every product possible, from tresemme, to morrocanoil, to KERASTASE (that cost me 60$ for a masque) and NOTHING BEATS THIS.

When i first bought this, I did a masque of coconut oil and eggs and put it on my hair. I left it 30 min on my wet hair, then just rinsed it off. Since then, my hair is so shiny and my ends are repared!!!
I even put coconut oil as a leave-in on my ends (not on top of ur hair cause it'll get greasy) and put some on my dry hair before straightening.. and my hair is sooo healthy!!

I'm now using this instead of expensive hair products that don't compare to simple COCONUT OIL! :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Selenite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Forget those expensive silicone/oil blends at the salon. Redken Diamond Oil? $40US for something based on sunflower and olive oil. Moroccan Oil? Silicones, mostly. Coconut oil can be had for about $10US for a pint. I recently had my hair re-permed. Perming, like any chemical processing, is damaging. The stylist says "your hair is in good condition". "It's the oil." She then goes on about how good coconut oil is for hair. I use it as a weekly deep conditioning treatment and just a tiny bit as a leave in.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Pestina18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not a miracle product, but it definitely does some good things.

(((Cons:

--I was really hoping to use this as a facial moisturizer because I wanted to use something all-natural. I have combination skin and get mild breakouts from time to time. After I showered, I tried spreading a tiny bit of coconut oil over my face. For the first few days, my skin was fine. I was afraid it would make me break out, but it didn't! However, after about four days, my skin became totally dried out. The coconut oil was too oily for my skin - my skin stopped producing its own oil, and dried up. Looks like it's back to my regular facial lotion.
--Coconut oil doesn't make a great lip moisturizer. I made my own lip balm using coconut oil, beeswax, honey, and vitamin e oil. This lip balm (or plain coconut oil) just sits on top of lips, rather than soaking in and moisturizing. I wouldn't make it again.
--It's a little expensive, especially if you go for the virgin organic oil, which is the best.

(((Pros:

--This stuff does moisturize skin. I wouldn't use it every day (for fear of my skin getting used to it and drying up, like my face did) but it's definitely a good natural moisturizer to use if you're running low on lotion or if you have a dry patch of skin.
--It's a good low cholesterol substitute for butter, and it's yummy, too!
--Coconut oil is a great make up remover. I think it works better than vaseline or baby oil, and it's all natural (vaseline and baby oil come from petroleum). I can feel safe putting it around my eye area, and it's said to help prevent wrinkles. Hmm, we'll see!
--It makes a great hair masque. I rub it into dry hair until my hair is soaked. I put my hair up in a bun and leave it for an hour. Then, I rinse it out in the shower and shampoo/condition as normal. Afterwards, my hair is super soft, silky, and shiny.

((( Next, I'll be trying a homemade deodorant using coconut oil, beeswax, baking soda, and cornstarch! I'll update after I try it out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No