Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

4.1

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 3/18/2006 9:24:00 PM

this product is NOT called Mineral Veil, that is BE. EM has Finishing Dust, and it should never be associated with Mineral Veil because it is so much better! when I used BE my face was always nastily greasy within an hour of applying the MV. it also sometimes changed the tone of my m/u and gave me a foundation line! Finishing Dust never does this, and the face I leave the house with is the face I come home too, which is great so I don't have to worry.

on 3/18/2006 10:37:00 AM

This stuff is great. The E.M. foundation alone makes my skin look nearly perfect, but this just adds that airbrushed quality that makes it astounding. Love it so much more than the Bare Escentuals! This company also has amazing customer service. Every email I've sent them has been answered within hours, twice by the CEO herself. Will repurchase over and over. continued >>

on 2/26/2006 3:08:00 PM

I am a recent convert from Bare Escentials to Everyday Minerals! You get a large sifter jar of Everyday Minerals Mineral Veil Finishing Powder for $10, MUCH cheaper than BE, but better quality IMO. Everyday Minerals does not use filler ingredients that irritate skin. I liked BE Mineral Veil until I started getting tiny zits on my nose! My sensitive skin loves this line. And if you are tired of the dewy (shiny!) look of other mineral foundations, I also recommend Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte foundation, my new HG! They will send free samples (in little jars, too, not just a tiny baggie!) so you can get your color match! My high end tastes for quality are completely satisfied with the results of this line as well. Packaging is basic plastic sifter jars, nothing special, but functional. I recommend all of their minerals powders. Have not tried their brushes or lipcolors, and probably won't since I love my Guerlain Sheer lipsticks and I'm stocked with Cat Cosmetics brushes and other fine brushes. A review below contains a typo, you can find this powder and other Everyday Minerals at this website: www.everydayminerals.com.

on 2/20/2006 7:05:00 PM

this product is much better than Bare escentual, cheap price, good quality. It won't make my skin itchy like the BE, I strongly recommend it.

on 2/16/2006 8:56:00 PM

This is Everyday Minerals (www.everydayminerals.com- fixed the typo :) equivalent of BE's famous Mineral Veil. I received this in my Everyday Minerals "Starter Kit" but on it's own you can buy this for $10 for 13g (more product than BE for 1/2 the price.) It is pure Zea Mays (Cornstarch- the same main ingredient as Mineral Veil) with no fillers, binders or preservatives (unlike Mineral Veil) which can irritate skin. In my comparison I found it to be almost the exact texture and consistency as Mineral Veil. Although Cornstarch based powders can cause bacteria to grow that causes break-outs (I have yet to experience this,) this is a great finishing powder for anyone with sensitive skin, an allergy to Talc, or who just prefers the finish (often describes as an air-brushed, soft focus finish) that a Cornstarch-based powders provide.

on 9/6/2005 12:37:00 PM

Very similar to Bare Escentuals "Mineral Veil". I like this as much, and even better because of the low price.

Recommended for Normal Skin