July 31, 2014 | 1112 users online

Lash Treatments - Ardell - Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator Treatment Gel

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by trulylovely

I've gone through 3 tubes of this and have noticed almost no difference at all. It goes bad very quickly and gets a horrible smell. My eyelashes look no better or worse, so I won't buy this again. I have started using as a brow gel, and almost no difference there either. My brows are thin and sparse and I was hoping for some new growth. This does do a fine job of holding my brows in place during the day, but it doesn't really do what it says it will, so I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2008 4:23:00 AM More reviews by famoushair

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had my doubts, but this stuff does a really nice job. I have noticed that my lashes are longer, and the effect didn't take too long to develop.

I have blonde lashes, so any oomph I can add is appreciated. It's kind of fun to apply my mascara now just to see how long my lashes have gotten. Good stuff for a good price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2008 1:12:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've waited a month to review this. I am a former user of Mavala and really had no reason to switch other than price. The Mavala worked well for me. I had seen several reviews for the Ardell brand and had to try it. It is SO cheap it's almost funny. I mean, it's like $4.00 a tube, compared to the Mavala which is about $15.00 a tube (@ Strawberrynet.com). Even adding on shipping charges, the Ardell was still cheaper. And that brings me to my one and only gripe about this -- if you can find this in a store, congratulations!! This stuff cannot be found in my town and I'm in a populous area. I did some research online...don't waste your time, just order it from Drugstore.com. I couldn't find it for any less than I did there. Unlike the Mavala, this comes in an ordinary mascara tube. You brush it on like you would mascara, concentrating on the lash roots (be careful not to scratch your eye!!!). I use this only in the evenings. This works exactly the same as Mavala, for much less the price. All of these "lash accelerators" are conditioners. They just strengthen your lash so that they're less likely to fall out or become brittle and break. And I have found this to be the case with Ardell. My lashes are still looking good, even after the switch from Mavala. Once I use a mascara primer and mascara, my lashes look very lush and touch my brow bone. Sure, I'll buy again.
UPDATE: I'm getting ready to order another tube so I don't run out! This stuff has surpassed Mavalla by a mile! My lashes just plain don't fall out anymore. And because of that, I have super long lashes! Excellent product! Still only gets a "4" though, because I cannot find this anywhere in Dallas...have to order it, but it's so cheap and drugstore.com ships quickly.
EDIT: I do like this, but I've taken to using it every other day or so. One reason: I wear contacts and for some reason, when I wake up in the a.m., there's a film on my eye. I've started using a q-tip by running along my inner eye to try and remove as much as possible. Because if I don't, I put my contacts in and sometimes it totally films my contacts...I mean, I have to take them out, rinse them and put them in again....sometimes 3 times or more! I never had this problem with Marvala, so when the next tube is done, I think I might switch back. Anyone who wears contacts knows what it feels like to have something on them...very uncomfortable.
EDIT: 10/12/08 -- I just couldn't wear this anymore. I wear contacts and every morning after I wore this, no matter how I tried to rinse my eyes out, I could not get rid of that film on my contacts. I would go through the day half blind. And no matter how many times I took the contact out and attempted to clean it, it still was uncomfortable. I would be happy to swap an unused tube that I ordered and have never opened. PM me.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2008 8:27:00 PM More reviews by verolyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Just a conditioner, no special ingredients. But very beneficial. and worth the $3.50 I spent. I used this on my sparse brows, to help regrow them. Thyroid disease thinned out my eyebrows, especially near the temples, and they never really grew back. It's been a few years, so I figured I'd try the Ardell. It worked like a nice brow gel. I noticed regrowth after 2 months of daily use. Now it is 4 months, and I have to go get my brows done, which I haven't had to do in years. There is more regrowth in the naturally thicker area near my nose, and only a little at the outer ends near my temples, but it is progress. I think they would have grown back anyway, but the conditioners kept the hair from becoming brittle (I wear sunscreen and m/u which don't help scraggly little brow hairs). The Ardell just helped the process along. I'm on my second tube, since I tossed my first one when it started to have a smell. Totally worth the price and I will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 10:44:00 PM More reviews by SinCity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

There are a number of products out there that promise to condition and lengthen lashes - Ardell, Mavala, Talika, Revitalash are just some of them. The difference in price between these products is almost breathtaking (Ardell is under $4; Revitalash up to $170 and Mavala and Talika somewhere in between). So far I have tried Ardell, Mavala and Talika. Initially I liked both Talika and Ardell, but they started to irritate my eyes after a few days. I couldn't keep Ardell on for long enough to figure out if it works...For a cheap-ish, non-irritating lengthener I would choose Mavala.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2008 12:55:00 PM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall rating: I gave this product a "2" because it did not do what it said it will do. I've been using it nightly for about 4 weeks now and have seen absolutely no change in my eyelashes re: length or number :-( However, I am willing to use up the tube I have and perhaps try one more tube just to make sure. Maybe I need to use it regularly for a longer period of time.
Price: Between $3 and $4, so very reasonable if it works but still a rip-off if it doesn't. YMMV.
Packaging: Standard mascara-type tube with wand applicator.
Would I buy again: Maybe. Please see text above. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2008 11:30:00 PM More reviews by cuutebutpsycho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I was really skeptical about this but gave in due to all the great reviews. I've been using it for exactly a week now and can already see the results. My lashes are definitely fuller. I didn't know if it was the actual product or if the wand stimulation that made the hairs grow. But i have the shooortest lashes in my upper inner corners of my eyes and i couldn't use the wand so i just applied the product with my fingers. What really convinced me is that those tiny hairs have grown!!
I don't like the brush because it feels like it hardly gets any product out. I always try to use a lot because I heard it goes bad pretty fast. The biggest con is that it stings if it gets in your eye!! I don't have a problem when applying but the next day i have to moisten a tissue and wipe it off first, otherwise it gets in my eyes when i shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by disorientedspoon

Oh my GOSH it works. I have practically no lashes - I'm Asian with no double eye lid so my eyelashes get completely covered! I've only used this for three days and I see a clear difference. I can actually see my lower lashes now.. amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2008 1:00:00 PM More reviews by shazzer628

At first I was a little wary of this product because I have sensitive eyes, and I was afraid that if I wore this product at night, it would have negative side effects. However, I caved and ended up amazed at the results. This product works wonders for length, but I'm not sure if it does anything for volume yet (I've only been using it for 1.5 weeks). My lashes are very straight, but since they have been getting longer, they have started to curl by themselves! proof that this product is working. Many people have mentioned the color changing in the tube, I think this is probably why they made the tube clear. I am going to toss this out and get a new one right when I see the color turn a little yellow.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2008 10:21:00 AM More reviews by mjacqueline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on the good reviews of this product. I have been using it for three months now. My lashes are thicker and I don't experience much lash fallout. Defnitely a thumbs up from me.