April 19, 2014 | 1857 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Color Extend Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2004 8:14:00 AM More reviews by violet978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

A very thin shampoo...you need a lot to get a lather, and the smell is chemical in nature.

I gave it 2 lippes because I do believe it is a gentle shampoo that doesn't strip colour (and it does have a UV ray protectant in it)...but I wouldn't repurchse.

It's almost TOO gentle...my hair doesn't feel particularly clean after using this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2004 9:26:00 AM More reviews by MissMauve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't like the texture, awful thick gel! Makes my hair tangled. Prefer the color booster. Not recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2004 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I picked up this shampoo hoping to take care of my highlighted/lowlighted hair. First of the texture of this shampoo is like a runny gel--umlike anything I've used--which I suspect is teh reason it does not lather at all. Even so, I felt it stripped my scalp, but did not leave it clean. My hair was nothing to brag about either--thi sone is going back to the store. I do not recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2004 10:29:00 PM More reviews by MorganAmber

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the smell of this shampoo...but even though I just cut my hair pretty short, I still use the same amount as other shampoos to get the same amount of lather. I go through a bottle quickly! But I would still recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2004 12:39:00 AM More reviews by polarpooch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

First, it works. I do a highlight and color (light and dark) every six weeks. By about week 3, my dark color usually has faded to a not-so-lovely reddish brown. I have used it before, but I hated that it didn't lather and seemed to dry out my hair. It still doesn't lather, and it's still a bit drying, but I decided to stick with it till my next session...and surprisingly my color hasn't faded at all...it's been 3 weeks... So I'm sold. The drying is easily combatted with a light conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2004 1:09:00 AM More reviews by roxycat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm shocked by the negative feedback on this product. I don't know if it really does extend the life of my hair color but it smells great and makes my hair feel so healthy and shiny. The scent is fresh and it lathers up great. Next to Bumble & Bumble's Gentle this is a favorite shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2004 3:15:00 PM More reviews by ilookflawless

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As a shampoo it's OK but as a COLOUR SAVE shampoo it rocks! I have bright cherry red stripes in my hair. It is a semi-permanent dye which gradually washes out and a normal frequent wash shampoo will fade the colour significantly after the second shampoo. Also, red is a colour which fades FAST from hair. It's awful when your beautiful red colour fades to an ugly orange.................BUT NO MORE!!!!!!! This shampoo (and matching conditioner) keeps the colour like new for over a month. Even my colourist was astounded by my hair a month after using this shampoo. I used to top up my colour once a fortnight, now i can get away with it once six weeks. True as i stand! The only reason it doesn't get full marks is that as shampoo, it lacks in the conditioning and treatment era. My hair is not as shiny and soft as with other quality shampoos. I can put up with this, as the colour save properties are so fantastic.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2004 6:28:00 PM More reviews by bottlered

I was given a sample of this, along with Outshine, at a salon. Neither product worked well, but the shampoo was awful. It dried out my hair so badly I had to deep condition afterward. I will not be buying a full-size bottle of this. (Btw, I tried Outshine as a finisher on dry hair and it just sat on top. L'Oreal Nature's Curl Perfecting Creme looks similar but is a much better product - it's absorbed into the hair and holds curls well.)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2004 8:46:00 PM More reviews by mandisquarepants

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Dried out my ends! Hated it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2004 8:14:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I'm not the only one who thinks this shampoo doesn't lather well! I had to use a ton on my long hair. It did help keep my color last a little longer than it would with a regular shampoo, and my hair feels very clean afterwards, but overall it's not such a great shampoo, especially for the price.