Redken Color Extend Shampoo

3.1

Sodium laureth sulfate

on 10/29/2004 11:39:00 AM

This is the worst shampoo that I have ever used. It is very "thin" and you do have to use a lot to get any lather at all. It also damaged my hair, left it lifeless and tangled. It's very expensive for the horrible job it does. DO NOT BUY.

on 10/15/2004 1:33:00 PM

At first I really liked this shampoo. Then it starting making my scalp itch and I have NEVER had that problem before. I quit using it for a while and the itching stopped. Used it again and yup I was itching again. Won't buy this again.

on 9/18/2004 12:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

EDIT: One lippie was taken off, because it can build up easily, and leave a waxy residue.

Just a basic shampoo, it's a clear and colorless shampoo with a funny smell. It didn't extend my color and it didn't make my hair any softer. It's too overpriced for what it does, and you can find better shampoos in the drugstore.

on 8/22/2004 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

A very thin shampoo...you need a lot to get a lather, and the smell is chemical in nature.

I gave it 2 lippes because I do believe it is a gentle shampoo that doesn't strip colour (and it does have a UV ray protectant in it)...but I wouldn't repurchse.

It's almost TOO gentle...my hair doesn't feel particularly clean after using this one.

on 8/21/2004 9:26:00 AM

I don't like the texture, awful thick gel! Makes my hair tangled. Prefer the color booster. Not recommend it.

on 6/27/2004 12:32:00 PM

I picked up this shampoo hoping to take care of my highlighted/lowlighted hair. First of the texture of this shampoo is like a runny gel--umlike anything I've used--which I suspect is teh reason it does not lather at all. Even so, I felt it stripped my scalp, but did not leave it clean. My hair was nothing to brag about either--thi sone is going back to the store. I do not recommend it.

on 6/10/2004 10:29:00 PM

I love the smell of this shampoo...but even though I just cut my hair pretty short, I still use the same amount as other shampoos to get the same amount of lather. I go through a bottle quickly! But I would still recommend this!

on 5/31/2004 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

First, it works. I do a highlight and color (light and dark) every six weeks. By about week 3, my dark color usually has faded to a not-so-lovely reddish brown. I have used it before, but I hated that it didn't lather and seemed to dry out my hair. It still doesn't lather, and it's still a bit drying, but I decided to stick with it till my next session...and surprisingly my color hasn't faded at all...it's been 3 weeks... So I'm sold. The drying is easily combatted with a light conditioner.

on 5/17/2004 1:09:00 AM

I'm shocked by the negative feedback on this product. I don't know if it really does extend the life of my hair color but it smells great and makes my hair feel so healthy and shiny. The scent is fresh and it lathers up great. Next to Bumble & Bumble's Gentle this is a favorite shampoo.

As a shampoo it's OK but as a COLOUR SAVE shampoo it rocks! I have bright cherry red stripes in my hair. It is a semi-permanent dye which gradually washes out and a normal frequent wash shampoo will fade the colour significantly after the second shampoo. Also, red is a colour which fades FAST from hair. It's awful when your beautiful red colour fades to an ugly orange.................BUT NO MORE!!!!!!! This shampoo (and matching conditioner) keeps the colour like new for over a month. Even my colourist was astounded by my hair a month after using this shampoo. I used to top up my colour once a fortnight, now i can get away with it once six weeks. True as i stand! The only reason it doesn't get full marks is that as shampoo, it lacks in the conditioning and treatment era. My hair is not as shiny and soft as with other quality shampoos. I can put up with this, as the colour save properties are so fantastic.

Popular Shampoos