October 22, 2014 | 2114 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2005 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Resurgam

la mer is one of those products that people get so suckered into the hype that the expectation is ridiculously high. well, actually, in this day and age, who doesn't think or expect that from most miracle-products out in the market? i've owned this lip balm for over two years now and my experience is... well, simply my experience. as a balm under my lipstick or lip gloss, it felt a bit thick for me and whatever product i put on top of it didn't really go on with a good consistency and pretty much faded away soon thereafter. i like the consistency alone and it's not too heavy or too light and not shiny and gloopy. however, though i can't wear it during the day, i find that as a night treatment, it's fabulous. it's a part of my nightly regime and i wake up with it still on my lips. (since i'm a side and back sleeper, stuff on my face doesn't get intimate with my pillow. ;)) it feels soft and smooth and conditioned. look, i'm not expecting angelina jolie lips anytime soon. i used to get tons of compliments on my lips when was younger but since hitting the late twenties and early thirties, i feel that my lips sorta lost a bit of spring to them. this helps a bit. none of that lip venom or lip injection tingling products work but with consistent use and patience, i found the la mer to work better for me. oh, and i prefer the jar packaging over the tube. i absolutely detest lip balms in tubes. much smoother and softer than carmex. carmex made my lips feel thick and waxy, which la mer doesn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2005 7:20:00 PM More reviews by merline

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a GOD sent lip balm to me cause it heals my cracked lips! again thank you LA MER.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2005 7:01:00 AM More reviews by leonie_au

Wasn't keen on its articial mint smell and I found it to be very average in the moisturising stakes. Carmex is a far more effective lip treatment at a fraction of the price!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2005 12:03:00 PM More reviews by cwheatle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a terrible lip balm. It has a thin consistancy and wears off quickly. It makes my lips peel (not in a good, exfoliating way). While I love the cream for my dry Minnesota winters, I hate this lip balm. It is not worth 99 cents. The only reason that people like this is because they are starstruck by the la Mer name. Save your money!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2005 10:38:00 AM More reviews by blair1432

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Yes the price is a little out there at 45$ for a little tin, but if you have ever tried the famous face cream then you know that this stuff is good. Featureing the famous "magic brew" this lip balm will give you compleatly new lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2005 2:36:00 PM More reviews by doba

Excellent!!! The best lip balm i tried so far. And I tried a lot of them. I find it very moisturizing. It tastes great too!
Very expensive - but is worth it in my opinion. I will buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2005 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Ailaois

Hmm... I must admit, I've actually been through two of these - the first was given to me by my boyfriend and I lost it in a church (even though I returned later, it had disappeared. So much for the good samaritans ;) )

So, I went to ebay and bought another one for half price to replace it. So I haven't actually paid full price for one yet, but in my books, anything over ten quid for a lip balm is extreme. So paying through the nose for this (even discounted ebay) was painful.

Anyway, the balm itself is quite impressive. It does make lips soft and pretty, though the same effect can be achieved by Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream (for a much lower price and considerably more product). I also use it on particularly dry areas of skin in winter, as it isn't as greasy as EA8hour if you want to go out with it on.

On a whole, if you can get it cheap and fancy being pampered by the marine extracts inside this "miracle broth", go for it. Otherwise, stick to 8HrCream.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2005 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Vickielynn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this lip balm! It goes on smoothly, clear, and has a wonderful minty (almost like Mint Chocolate) taste & scent. It moisturizes better than any lip balm I own, and I have them all.

The only drawbacks are the expensive price, and the fact that it doesn't come in a tube. La Mer, take note: Put this out in a tube, and I'll bet it would sell like hot cakes!

I apply this balm at night before I go to bed, and it feels light & soft, not thick & goopy like most lip balms. It makes my lips buttery soft & moisturized and it stays on in bed all night and is still on even when I wake up in the morning.

A little goes a long way, too. I have had mine for a couple years now, and it still has a lot in the pot container. Would definitely repurchase, even more so if they came out with a tube!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2004 10:13:00 PM More reviews by FlamingJune5dwj

i really like this lip balm. i use it and my lips feel so much smoother and softer. i am a nervous lip bitter, and this heals and soothes any irritation overnight. it is expensive, but it stays on though almost anything, and only takes a little to go a long way. i like to sleep in it, and when i wake up its still on almost like i first applied it, and i am a very active sleeper. make sure you warm it up and pat it on, it doesnt work the same if not. i really love this product

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2004 10:05:00 PM More reviews by FlamingJune5dwj