April 17, 2014 | 1905 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2005 2:36:00 PM More reviews by doba

Excellent!!! The best lip balm i tried so far. And I tried a lot of them. I find it very moisturizing. It tastes great too!
Very expensive - but is worth it in my opinion. I will buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2005 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Ailaois

Hmm... I must admit, I've actually been through two of these - the first was given to me by my boyfriend and I lost it in a church (even though I returned later, it had disappeared. So much for the good samaritans ;) )

So, I went to ebay and bought another one for half price to replace it. So I haven't actually paid full price for one yet, but in my books, anything over ten quid for a lip balm is extreme. So paying through the nose for this (even discounted ebay) was painful.

Anyway, the balm itself is quite impressive. It does make lips soft and pretty, though the same effect can be achieved by Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream (for a much lower price and considerably more product). I also use it on particularly dry areas of skin in winter, as it isn't as greasy as EA8hour if you want to go out with it on.

On a whole, if you can get it cheap and fancy being pampered by the marine extracts inside this "miracle broth", go for it. Otherwise, stick to 8HrCream.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2005 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Vickielynn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this lip balm! It goes on smoothly, clear, and has a wonderful minty (almost like Mint Chocolate) taste & scent. It moisturizes better than any lip balm I own, and I have them all.

The only drawbacks are the expensive price, and the fact that it doesn't come in a tube. La Mer, take note: Put this out in a tube, and I'll bet it would sell like hot cakes!

I apply this balm at night before I go to bed, and it feels light & soft, not thick & goopy like most lip balms. It makes my lips buttery soft & moisturized and it stays on in bed all night and is still on even when I wake up in the morning.

A little goes a long way, too. I have had mine for a couple years now, and it still has a lot in the pot container. Would definitely repurchase, even more so if they came out with a tube!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2004 10:13:00 PM More reviews by FlamingJune5dwj

i really like this lip balm. i use it and my lips feel so much smoother and softer. i am a nervous lip bitter, and this heals and soothes any irritation overnight. it is expensive, but it stays on though almost anything, and only takes a little to go a long way. i like to sleep in it, and when i wake up its still on almost like i first applied it, and i am a very active sleeper. make sure you warm it up and pat it on, it doesnt work the same if not. i really love this product

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2004 10:05:00 PM More reviews by FlamingJune5dwj

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2004 3:15:00 PM More reviews by hulachic6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff has a great taste to it! YUM - it's overpriced but it really feels good on the lips. I suggest if you want splurging, get the balm!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2004 1:09:00 PM More reviews by pink_julius

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG by far! I'm on Accutane, which stops all oil production, and my lips were bleeding every day. I use this about 15 times a day, and as a former lip gloss addict, this is the only product I can even imagine owning. Yes, it is expensive, but it is cheaper than Prada lipbalm, which is way too thick. La Mer's is smooth and light. I will use this forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2004 8:37:00 AM More reviews by fphoenix2k

WOW! _35_ for a lip balm!! Has to be the most expensive one I own, but I have to admit it's a reasonable price to pay for an incomparable product. It lasts for ages, as you only need to pat a tiny bit onto your lips to keep them smooth and supple. I love the scent (anything minty automatically goes in my good book), though I'm not sure if I'll repurchase once this one runs out; 35 is not a small sum. I think I'll wait and see how long this one lasts.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2004 2:49:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

Pricy, but I really like it.. and I normally don't even like pot lipbalms. A little goes a long way and I like how it's really emollient, yet not greasy - I can put a lipstain on top and it doesn't slide around. The minty scent is nice too, but isn't too overpowering such that it's distracting. Softens my lips nicely and is an all round good lipbalm.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2004 4:20:00 PM More reviews by picholine506

i bought this lip balm mostly bc of the hype and also bc i really like the cdlm, moisurizer, and the eye balm. i thought for $45 a pot, it would work wonders for my dry chapped lips. it does feel nice on the lips and has a light minty taste to it...but as soon as i put on my lipgloss, my lips begin to peel. at the moment, i'm liking the caudalie lip balm and also the lrp lipolevres. haven't used it long enough to know if i wanna continue to use them. definitely will not be repurchasing the la mer lip balm