September 22, 2014 | 1869 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by georgieholmes

In New Zealand this will cost you about $20 in store, but I purchased mine on Asos for around $8NZD (it even goes on sale for around $5NZD dollars occasionally.) As I purchased online I bought the colour 001 Translucent, in order to avoid buying a shade that would not match my pale yellow undertoned skin. When the product arrived I was very happy with it and thought it was good value for money. You get good amount for the price you pay. The packaging is very slim and slips well into your makeup bag, the reason I gave it 3 lippies was for two reasons- the product itself is not very finely milled, so I would not recommend this for blotting as after 2-3 uses it begins to look VERY cakey and over-powdery, my other problem is that the packaging is not great for traveling, the clear plastic lid cracked the first time I took it away with me, which was a bit disappointing. Yet otherwise I think you get what you pay for! For $8NZD it was great value for money!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by esstherkim

Decided I get too oily during the day and needed something to keep my face looking matte, so I went to the nearest drugstore and bought this in Translucent.

Today, I put it on without my usual liquid foundation, before heading to the gym to test it's limits (though I have to admit, I'm not much of a sweat-er). It managed to stay on for nearly 12 hours.

This really is a product that's light enough to pack on throughout the day without getting cake-y but honestly, you probably won't need to (unless of course you're very oily) if you're skin is dry to normal/combination like mine.
It was around $8 CAD but for the results, I really think it was worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by NotEmma13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Have this in Nude Beige and wear it to set my Revlon ColorStay. I always end up looking like an Oompa Loompa whenever I use it because after a few minutes, it turns orange-y. Thought it was just the pairing of foundation and this so I tried it with a BB cream instead. My face still came out orange.

Living in a humid country, this lasts for 2 hours max before I become shiny. Doesn't have any added coverage but I'm pretty okay with that.

But props for being a good, strong pressed powder. Dropped it yesterday while in a rush and it didn't crack like other pressed powders of the same price point.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 1:22:00 AM More reviews by vm1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favorite pressed powder. I bought 012 buff beige. It looks great even when it's on bare skin. I usually use it over e.l.f. studio finish foundation and it looks fabulous! So smooth and natural! It makes your face look soft. Doesn't waste fast at all, smells great, and it looks very natural. Whether it is applied with a buff sponge or a brush, it will still look great. It completely covered up my pores without having any liquid makeup under it. It does not look cakey at all nor does it look shiny or run when in the sun. It was extremely cheap. I bought it for $4 at Target and so far, it is lasting a long time :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by mbdfz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have mine in sandstorm for NC 30-35. The packaging is okay but could be better. It keeps my face matte for 6 hours over my Garnier BB cream. It's a good and cheap product to have.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by livie2969

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Honestly, I didn't like this powder in the slightest except for that it wasn't messy and the price. This product covered me up for about 2 hours and it was very cakey. i applied with a real techniques brush and it looked horrible.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by kasiecakes

MAC Blot is expensive. I was looking for a comparable drugstore alternative and this turned out to be it. Albeit slightly chalkier and faulty in packaging, the product does what it's supposed to: keeps me matte. At 3.99 a pop, I'll repurchase this over MAC Blot any day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 More reviews by Hollie08

I love this powder for setting my foundation, and you can't beat the price. Keeps me matte all day, and I usually font have to touch up during the work day. The packaging is awful though, this is not something you want to throw in your purse, or travel with it, super flimsy and the cover almost always breaks. Doesn't stop me from buying it though, I've gone through at least 4 of these.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by blondesnob

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I finally found a powder that works very well for me! I bought this in translucent because I'm tan and it is amazing! The other powders I used would make my face look uneven, orange and gross by the end of the day but not Rimmel's Stay Matte! I love it. I actually do stay matte all day and my face still looks good when I come inside after being in the blistering cold. I have no complaints. It's my new HG powder for sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by thejazzshak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very smooth, soft, velvety, and mattifying setting powder. makes your skinvisibly smoother and softer and mattifys perfectly. last time is about 8 hours. The only reason I took off a lippie is because it has noticeable shimmer which scares me but has not shown up on my skin yet. Excellent powder for $4.

UPDATE: There is lots of glitter in the powder that makes you look like a disco ball in the sun YIKES