Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 6/18/2014 4:09:00 PM

The one and only powder I have ever used since I started experimenting with (my mom's) makeup as a pre-teen!

I use Translucent 001 because I'm not a fan of coloured powders, and also it's just easier because I don't have to worry about colour matching it to my foundation.

My only problem is the flimsy packaging. After about 2 weeks of use the clear cover didn't stay on and it took another week for a piece to just break off. If it's being put into my makeup bag I always have to secure it with an elastic band or it'll end up broken like my last one haha.

But seriously this is a great powder if you are just beginning to use makeup or are looking for an inexpensive powder that works.

on 6/18/2014 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love love love this! The only drugstore powder I can put multiple layers on and it will NEVER cake on me! And I have normal/dry skin so for a mattifying powder that doesn't cling to my dry patches truly is a phenomenal product! Will definitely be repurchasing
PROS:
Controls shine for up to 4 hours
Doesn't cake
Sees immediate results once applied

CONS:
Packaging is cheap
Color selection doesn't have a wide variety

on 6/14/2014 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have this in Transparent and it's a good, solid powder. The only thing I hate about it is the packaging...I was kind of blown away that it doesn't come with A) an applicator...I mean, even if they're shitty little sponges, it's better than giving you absolutely nothing! and B) A mirror...a powder compact usually does come with one, yes? Additionally, the plastic is shitty and cracked within the first week of my owning my first set.

It's such a good powder, but the packaging is so crap. I have repurchased, but I'm always looking for something better.

on 6/11/2014 8:34:00 PM

An essential in my makeup bag! I have dry/combination skin but this has never made me look flaky and has kept my skin looking matte all day long. Doesn't really have a smell, which I appreciate. The only thing I dislike about this is the packaging. It's pretty flimsy and the top will come off if not secured. Besides that, definitely one of my drugstore faves!

on 6/10/2014 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The original price is somewhere between $11-$13. I bought it for about $5 at CVS (it was on special). The packaging is poor and the lid is a bit hard to keep on. Honestly, I don't know how this product would work when applied to someone with dry or combination skin. I personally have very oily skin and I break out often, but this product is absolutely amazing. The packaging and the price are absolutely worth it.
This product actually says what it does. I've had the fortune of finding a good Neutrogena liquid foundation (good for oily skin) and a good No 7 Matte primer (both at reasonable price) and those two (the primer and foundation), along with this product and my skin type seem to do a very good combination. If I had a different foundation that wasn't for me, or perhaps a different type of skin (dry), maybe this product would work different. For me, at least, it lasts 5 hours (like the packaging claims to) and I wore it all day today on a hot, summer day (also I'm kind of breaking out at the moment) and I only had to blot and repowder like three times. This is in almost twelve hours. It covers my blemishes better than my foundation (i ran out of concealer and haven't had the time to buy it). It really does leave a matte finish and it feels really smooth and natural on my skin, not cakey at all. When I first apply it, it is a bit powdery and cakey, but after three minutes of setting, it looks normal and natural.
Also, I've had trouble finding foundation in my skin color (i have this light medium, with yellow undertones skin color) and most foundations are either too light or too dark for me. I found that this product has pretty good skin variations (at least from light to medium, i bet they have a good variation of warm and dark colors). I got mine in 004 sandstorm.

on 6/9/2014 5:29:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I first bought this product for my year 11 formal/prom night (001 Transparent), and was surprised at the price - close to $13 (which is usual, as Australian prices are always higher). I'd read reviews and done my research on this product and was impressed at the lasting power, however, what I was most disappointed in was the packaging and how heap it looked.

However, I have kept using it and have bought multiples since. The powder itself feels really soft, has not caked on my skin ever and has quite a clean smell.

Overall, this powder did the job and I have repurchased ever since I first bought it.
Worth all the money !

I've been using this powder for years and have strayed many times but always come back after others disappoint. I use the shade 'Translucent' which provides a little colour but not much and completely mattifies my skin. It lasts a fair while, I usually top up my powder around lunchtime out of habit, whether it needs it or not. I'll always have one of these in my stash. The only thing I'm not crazy about it the packaging. The twist lid is no good for travel as it comes of in transit and can shatter the product but the product is so good the packaging is easy to overlook.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

When summer rolls around, I usually ditch foundation for just moisturizer, concealer, and powder. So far, I love this one! If keeps me matte and isn't too cakey. The only downsides are that the packaging is cheap, and that I need a touchup halfway through the day. I can't complain though, definitely worth the price.

on 6/7/2014 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For my oily and acne prone skin it made it even worse. Good quality and you get a lot of product but the price is high and I would expect rimmel to do much better.

on 6/6/2014 10:30:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Holy grail product right here. Helps control my oily skin pretty well without caking, and works great for touchups during the day. Only negative thing is the packaging... I wish there'd be a mirror so I wouldn't have to carry around a separate one, and a flip top instead of a plastic top. I'm always afraid of it opening in my purse or the plastic lid cracking. That hasn't happened so far so that's good.