Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 6/22/2013 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my favorite lip balm. I have several different ones sitting in a tin on my nightstand and I reach for this one the most.

It moisturizes my lips very well but I don't care for the mint smell.

I usually use this more at night after gently scrubbing my lips. I apply a pretty thick layer before bed and wake up with hydrated lips

on 6/14/2013 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I CANNOT live without this lip balm ever!! I have like 7 of these in almost every purse/backpack/cosmetic cases just so I have it with me all the time.

BTW i only like the one with vitamin E and Peppermint, it's stiffer than other ones and it glide on just like wax, it sits there like a protective film to hydrate your lips. I love the tingly minty feeling, it makes me feel like the product is working!

i love to put it on at night before i sleep. and when i wake up, my lips become more plumped, lines reduce by a lot, and look a bit redder/lighter too.

i got this for my bf and he loves it too :]

on 6/13/2013 7:37:00 PM

There are a lot better lip balms out there. Sometimes I think Burt's Bees has cult status because of the name, and that bees and honey sound so good for you and yummy. It is a very average lip balm, I like Weleda much better, or even Nivea which is made in Germany. It takes a lot of the pigment out of the lipstick if you layer it under lipstick, which is a waste.

on 6/12/2013 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my favourite lip balm! It's super easy and convenient to use, the smell is AMAZING (I have the mango one), and it makes my lips so smooth and soft. So so so happy with this product and I will be repurchasing :)

on 6/12/2013 6:18:00 AM

In my country this stuff is super expensive. I stockpiled on a whole load of the burts bees range when I visited the US. It feels lovely when initially applied because the peppermint gives a lovely cooling sensation. However it is also very drying and unless I keep applying more, my lips feel dehydrated. The lipbalm feels like it's just sitting on top of my lips and not penetrating the surface. Wouldn't buy again

on 6/11/2013 10:41:00 AM

Love this product. Always reliable. Also love the colored versions!

I have been using this product for years! I love it and it moisturizes your lips like crazy! I also recommend using the mango butter version from Burt's Bees! It goes on very smooth and is moisturizing! They Dont have a pigment but they smell amazing!

on 6/6/2013 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Love this lip balm as it hydrated my lips very well throughout the day. The only setback of this product is the smell. I think it smells awful.

on 6/5/2013 5:39:00 AM

I am not sure about this product. My friends swear by it but I did not find anything really special about it. I much prefer Palmers Lip Balm ( the one that smells like chocolate ). probably will not get this again unless it is on sale.

on 6/3/2013 11:02:00 PM

My review is for the Burt's Bees Tube. I bought it for $1.99 on sale, I was not aware that it had peppermint in it and was not keen on that. I initially thought I would not use it because of the peppermint in the balm, but then I used it under a lipstick that I found too matt and heavy and it transformed the lipstick by making it smoother. I tried it under another lipstick that I found too matt and now, with the lip balm under, it is wearable, the texture is smoother and not greasy. Lip gloss did work, just made the lipstick greasy on top. Would chapstick work equally as well? I don't know but when I found a pack of two on a buy one get one free special I bought it. Curiously, I have a rosacea type rash on my face that started about the same time I began using this product but do not see how a lip balm could cause a skin problem on the rest of the face. My opinion as an under lipstick primer the Burt's Bees is exceptional.

Popular Lip Treatments