April 19, 2014 | 1707 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Shabby413

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Classic fragrance, soft and feminine, not too overpowering, very wearable. Class and sophistication in a bottle. A staple in my collection for many, many years. Love it! Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 6:27:00 AM More reviews by Celinya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Chanel No. 5. This was my first Chanel perfume and it is truly a classic. I started wearing this at 25 and I don't feel that was too old for me. It isn't a granny perfume, it is just a classic scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Nenalata

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It makes me sad when people call this an old lady perfume. Mostly because I wear it, and, at 21, I am certainly not an old lady. Unlike other girls my age, I prefer to smell like a woman and not like a candy store. This, along with Guerlain's Shalimar, is the most womanly perfume ever created. It smells luscious and beautiful, and reminds me of beautiful French women, such as Coco Chanel herself. Call it an old lady perfume if you must, but it won't stop me from wearing it.

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 2:32:00 AM More reviews by tickledxoxpink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think you gotta be a certain type of woman to pull off this scent. You must be confidant and sexy - insecure ladies should look elsewhere. Every man I've ever been with has gone crazy for this scent - and I have tried many others perfumes- none have attracted men like chanel no 5. That's the truth, folks. Like I said, it won't work for every woman. I've been wearing this since I was 19, and it's still my HG perfume.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2010 12:41:00 AM More reviews by happywoman28

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the definition of the word "cloying". It is sticky sweet, dank and dark and so mature as to be appropriate for nursing homes. It makes me think of being forced to sit through a long tedious church service, smelling this hideous overpowering perfume while my stomach struggles to keep breakfast down. It is an axe striking me between the eyes. It is a funeral home, the basement where the really awful things happen. Formaldehyde and rotting flowers in the dumpster.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by xoxsexylv57

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I have gone through bottles of this fragrance...and I'm only 23. I started using this probably when I was 18 or 19, and I always get compliments on how wonderful I smell, from both men and women. And though I do like to switch it up from time to time (Chance, Coco, Coco Mademoiselle), this will always remain my HG fragrance. This scent reacts wonderfully with my body chemistry (although, I find that every Chanel scent I've tried seems to react exceptionally well with me). I started off using the EDT, but do yourself a favor like I did and upgrade to the EDP. The first spray is definitely more intense, but it mellows out to a divine fragrance after a few moments. I cannot rave enough about how much I truly love this scent.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by kelly1600

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm old enough now to appreciate this scent, but I find that I just can't wear it. Somehow I don't feel mature enough or worthy enough. It also makes me slightly melancholy.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2010 1:35:00 AM More reviews by ChellyTelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've really tried to like this, but it makes me sick. I know women rave about it, but it gives me a headache and makes me nauseous. I sold my almost full bottle that I had for over 5 years (a gift from my husband) at a garage sale just to keep myself from retrying it over and over with the same reaction. Must be my chemistry!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by s2casey

Isn't the psychology behind the choice of a fragrance so interesting?

Before I left the corporate world, this was my "power suit" of fragrances! Unmistakable, but a little goes a long was.

As much as I love it, I don't find it works for me as an everyday fragrance. Especially in the summer. The bath products are an exception. The bath oil, soaps etc are amazing anytime you want to feel really special. Sometimes I will even dab on just a bit before bed, for great dreams.

So even though I'm more of a Coco girl, I always have this on hand!

It's kinda cool being old enough to know how to handle a fragrance as iconic as this!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 5:05:00 AM More reviews by Hopefulash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh indeed, mushymamma did nail this product on the head.

No. 5 chose me two years ago. I had always lusted after it, and finally saved up my pennies and bought a bottle just after my 25th birthday.

Wearing Chanel No. 5 is like an event. Every time I wear it, someone inevitably comes up to me in the store, or wherever I happen to be, and tells me that I smell just like their mother, or sister, or aunt, and thanks me for wearing the perfume and reminding them of one of their favorite scents.

As for the scent itself, mushymamma's description of roses, jasmine, vanilla and just something... more... is probably the closest I myself could come to describing it. It's a rich, beautiful, classic scent that lingers all day. I simply love smelling it all around me when I'm wearing this perfume. And I love being part of a classic institution of beauty when I have it on.

Chanel No. 5 will be my go-to scent for the rest of my life! Mushymamma was right - when it chooses you, wonderful things are in store for you!