October 30, 2014 | 1527 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by CreeWoman26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

i love this perfume...first time i bought this was when i was 16 just to own it...it smells divine and seems wearable for all ages...but for me it how it makes me feel...like im somehow sophisticated lolololol

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Mazenderan

Chanel 5 smells like sophistication.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

I love this perfume on everyone usually, but on me it smells like baby powder only, so I do not use it. As much as I do love baby powder, I rather not spend the big bucks on it. ;-) I have a tiny bottle of the actual perfume that i have had for years & years. It is still like brand new, no fading, no evaporation, no sediments. This in itself speaks volumes about it's purity & excellence. I continue to keep it in hopes that someday, I too will be able to wear and enjoy this fragrance on myself as I enjoy it so much on others...well that reason, and also because the actual perfume is soooo very expensive. ;-)
I wear it's sister perfume Coco, and I have worn it for years. It smells divine one me, IMO. I do wish they all lasted longer though. I have never had a real perfume of this, but maybe someday, and it is supposed to last longer.
All in all, I do love the smell of Chanel No. 5 on most people, and I do know it is well worth the $. For all the ladies that can wear this fragrance well, please continue to do so. It is a real pleasure to my senses.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Lucy60

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Believe it or not, I have been wearing this since I was 15. My sister- in- law gave me my first bottle and I have never looked back. Pretty classy perfume for a 15 year old who still wore Heaven Scent! (yah, it was the 60's) It is my 'go to' for special occasions in the summer (cuz I use DKCM daily on hot, humid days)....Chanel tends to be too heavy for hot weather, but when winter comes, it is back on top of the vanity! I just LOVE it , my husband loves it, and ladies at work usually ask me if I am wearing Chanel.(and they mean it as a compliment). It is my signature scent. I feel fortunate that I have been able to pull this off for so many years. Perfumes are so delicate and unpredictable from one person to another. During the past decade, I have discovered that the Body Lotion , alone, does the trick just fine. I treat myself to the #5 soap bar and the whole bathroom floats in Chanel. Wish they made it in a deodorant. It would be heaven, if they would.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by myrubyslippers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This perfume is defiantly an acquired taste and is not for every one. I really like Chanel No.5 and it has great staying power it doesn't wear off over a period of time. It does have a heavy scent but I quite like that about it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by ukarmencb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This legendary parfum may smell nice overall but it reminds me of an old cakey faced woman dressed in real fur and surrounded by pearls. Too decadent and old fashion for my taste.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by BerlinD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have not been able to be a part of the Chanel 5 craze that continuously sweeps us ladies. Yes, classy it is, no doubt about that, but the scent is so reminiscent of the older females in my family (specially my grandmother <3) that I associate this classic scent with older women. Even my husband agrees. I prefer to stick to Chanel's line of makeup and accessories.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

I'm more of a spicy/oriental scent girl and there is nothing I hate more than the old lady floral perfumes ie: FlowerBomb (gags). Florals always give me terrible headaches & nausea. But, No.5 is soooo soft and feminine. This is just like stepping out of the shower (fresh, clean & pretty). This is a perfect workday or weekend scent, not too sophisticated or too sexy. I'm not a fan of Chanel (clothing or beauty) but this I do like and recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2010 4:36:00 AM More reviews by lalala29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The smell is complex, but I don't enjoy it. I don't see the appeal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by sarahhjosephinee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Great perfume, my favorite that I've smelled.
I'm not much of a perfume girl but this one is wonderful. I don't understand the 'old lady' name associated with it, just because it is classic and well known.