April 19, 2014 | 1687 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by KBru

I have very leaky eyes during allergy season and when usually certain eye products. I started using PP for the typical use of eyeshadow but also used it for under my eyes before I concealed my dark circles. Overall, I found results OK. I didn't find it to be a miracle product at all, but I haven't found a product that is during allergy season.

For normal days, this does the job. There is nothing spectacular about it for me but it will ensure that the shadow generally stays where it is supposed and for a few hours longer than it would've without a primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by divabeautyqueen

love this as a base for eyeshadows as it does not let the shadow crease and there is not much fallout with darker shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by lbxgreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, I never used any eyeshadow primer in my life and this was the first product I use. It does make eyeshadow last longer and a little more difficult to remove but worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by alina08

Amazing! I thought this product was really hyped up, but it lasted through an entire muggy summer day and my black liquid eyeliner is still perfect like the moment when I applied it. No creasing, no pilling, and it even went on smoothly over my eye cream. A wonder! I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Cathriona

I've never used urban decay products, despite my ridiculously large makeup collection. I'm approaching a very scary birthday soon (40, since you ask) and for some reason I thought that urban decay was a collection more for the younger ladies.

I recently mastered the art of liquid eyeliner, and finally discovered an amazing long lasting foundation that actually last all day and keeps me looking even of tone and bright of skin.
But was I happy with this progress? Not really.

Because when I found myself arriving home from work at night with perfect foundation and lovely black eyeliner, it started to really bother me that my eyelids were at best shiny, at worst, blank looking.

I've never thought about eye primer before, even though I wear face primer every day. When I mentioned my little problem to a young and very glamorous friend, she advised me to buy Urban Decay Naked Palette.
Sadly, funds didn't stretch to the investment. Also, I have at least four lifetimes worth of eye shadow already. When I started to read the reviews for the naked palette, though, I came across the reviews for the primer potion.
I thought why not? I'd try it.
I bought the new anti-ageing version, €22 in Ireland. It is the best product I've bought for years. I'd imagine, because the very tiny tip doesn't allow me to waste any product, that it'll last forever.
I now finish my days with eye popping colour, as fresh looking as when I apply my makeup in the morning.
I'm absolutely delighted with this potion. In fact, having used it for just a couple of weeks, I don't see how I'd survive without it, having owned it.

As well as making my colour last all day, it makes the colour much stronger on application. What used to be a fairly boring light brown shade suitable for the office, is now a fabulous highlighter type colour.
I won't be without this product again.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 6:09:00 AM More reviews by nuyearbabee

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A sales girl at Ulta suggested this primer. I don't wear much eyeshadow, but I do wear mascara and black eyeliner on my upper lid. I also have crazy oily lids and in the summer, I look like I have black shadows in my creases bc it usually smears from being so oily. This primer has helped stop this. I apply this primer, then dust over my regular face powder, and then apply my eye makeup. It works fabulous for me :) btw, mine didn't come in a package w a wand, its a squeeze tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by lumbrjck1209

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wanted so badly to love this product just like everyone else seems to! The first time I purchased it (long time ago with old packaging), I loved it! It worked amazingly and I couldn't have been happier....then I repurchased another tube (still with old packaging) and it was HORRIBLE! I don't know what it was, but it just didn't work! I have contemplating trying it again since the new packaging, but am terrified to do so!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by purifyed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this! I never bothered wearing eyeshadow because it would just end up creasing, but now with this product I can! I am so happy, thank you Urban Decay! :) xx

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Taipeibaby

Best primer I have used. I still like the old packaging with the wand but this formula is smooth and silky compare to the other ones I have used

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 3:18:00 AM More reviews by omgVitasoy

I swear by this eyeshadow primer. It solves any problems of creasing or smudging of eye makeup once you have this on and a little goes a looong way. I bought my first tube (the squeeze tube packaging, not the one with the wand) two years ago and I'm still trying to finish it--I wear makeup almost on a daily basis so that's a long time and a lot of product! It does sound pricey for first time buyers ($24 CAD) but it's definitely worth every penny. I'll keep using this primer potion forever, haha!