April 18, 2014 | 1651 users online

Masks - LUSH - Catastrophe Cosmetic

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2005 10:24:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have never tried one of Lush's fresh face masks before...I didn't want to buy something that would only last 2 weeks, I couldn't order them online, and I was afraid all the weird natural ingredients would break me out. But I was at the SF store last week and I wanted a little novelty/treat thing for myself besides the usual soaps and lotions I normally buy from Lush. So I bought this one, which is supposed to be good for sensitive, combo/oily skin, which I have. I have used this twice now and I have to say that I will be buying this regularly. I slathered this all over my face, left it on for 30 minutes, washed it off and my skin looked so beautiful. The mask feels so wonderful too...I really am adverse to masks b/c they feel thick and can sting or leave that lovely reddened skin in the shape of a mask behind. But not this one...it feels cooling, goes on lavender blue, and smells like blueberry yogurt. Even after I washed it off I could still smell the blueberries, which was really nice.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2005 12:33:00 PM More reviews by emiliejolie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my first LUSH facial mask. I'm not impressed at all. Luckily, I got it free, because it would have been a waste of money.

I like the cooling feeling it left on my skin (it's a product that you must keep in the fridge), it has a pleasant smell and a nice color, but that's it. It dries out too quickly and painfully crack all over the face. Ouch! Then it seemed to leave a white residue on my face. And lastly, I'm pretty sure it is the culprit of some zits I get 1 or 2 days after I have applied this mask. Not for me and I won't purchase this again. After only 3 or 4X... in the garbage it went!! I like LUSH bath and hair products but I have no luck with their facial products.... continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2005 11:36:00 AM More reviews by eat_your_veggies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Though the smell of this is nice, and it cools your skin---it really dried my skin out and made it flaky. Lots of people rave about it though so YMMV, thankfully I won this at a store event and used up the whole tub, but I really don't think I'd purchase it in the future

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2005 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Sue_raisin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mmmm...this is gorgeous. Use it straight from the fridge for a soothing, cooling treat. Smells delightful, I have combination skin (it used to be quite dry, and then it went normal and now it's gone all weird and a mixture of everything so I'm calling it combination) and recently been suffering a few breakouts - I had to wear a hat yesterday so that people knew which head to talk to). I applied this straight from the fridge and it seems to be very soothing on my sore skin. I've only applied to my spotty areas at the moment, I'll try it all over another time and update this review. In the meantime, lovely mask, will buy again, however it's a girl's perogative to change her mind...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2005 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Varnie101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i had no trouble removing this mask at all. how difficult can a mask me to remove????? also had no trouble at all putting it on....
its quite a beautiful product, v soothing and gorgoues straight out of the fridge.
i'd buy this again after a big night out or a red break out (which is y i tried it this time....medication break out)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2005 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Flummig

I like this softening smell and the calming down effect.But i thought it should take away some blemishes or so.It's a really cool mask how i would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2005 12:06:00 PM More reviews by stanzi

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried a number of LUSH masks, and I would buy this again (along with Cupcake and, occasionally, Crash Course in Skincare). It really is packed with blueberries in a creamy base. I had no problem applying it, and it smelled wonderful (a light, natural berry-floral scent) and left my skin looking smooth and clear the next morning. I would give two slight warnings. One: this mask would be too drying for normal-to-dry skin, due to its generous amount of calomine. Two: it is difficult to remove. I thought I had rinsed the mask off, but when I looked in mirror, I saw that my skin still had a pale, powdery lavender tint, like the face of John Singer Sargent's famous "Madame X," although much less glamorous. I needed to use some gentle cleanser to remove all the residue.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2005 2:03:00 PM More reviews by iris0128

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The texture of this mask is kinda wierd. It is very thick and dry. It is good when I mix it with some milk. (Milk is really good for your skin!!) It smells really good and makes my skin look more healthy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2005 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Onlydreamin

My face is quite oily and I get the odd breakout. Since using Catastrophe Cosmetic (two months now), I have not had a single blemish. My skin is brighter and looks great without foundation. This mask has become a staple. It does take a bit of rinsing, but it is well worth the effort.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2005 1:33:00 PM More reviews by wunverdoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I do think this is very calming and its my favourite Lush mask. It makes it feel really soft and look brighter.Oh, and it also comes off very easy.