November 28, 2014 | 1872 users online

Masks - LUSH - Catastrophe Cosmetic

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2007 4:26:00 AM More reviews by bluemushroom

i've tried it for 2 weeks (more than 4 applications) and I can say that i'm really pleased with this mask. I think its another winner from the lush. It managed to keep my skin calmed, soft and pimple free (even during that time of the month). Will buy it again once I'm run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2007 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Almondine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As far as my favourite Lush products go, this little purple darling is second only to A Crash Course in Skincare. Itís superb. Itís fantastic for healing and calming redness, and thereís something rather jolly about being slathered in a purple mask. Itís cleansing, cooling, softening and smells delicious.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2007 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Katty

I received a sample of this face mask at the LUSH store. I love the fact that LUSH has small sample jars, however, I do not like the fact that you have to dip your fingers into the jar.
This mask smells amazing and there are pieces of blueberry inside. I have oily skin so I thought this would help but it did not. After rinsing off the mask, I felt a layer of "residue", like I didn't wash it off completely. I even used my foaming cleanser but it did not help. I have had great experiences with some of the other LUSH masks but unfortunately, not this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2006 10:07:00 PM More reviews by caroni99

I love almost everything about Lush and was very excited to try my first bio fresh mask. I wanted to get brazen honey but the store was out of stock so I ended up with Catastrophe Cosmetic instead. My skin is combination more dry in the winter and oiler in the summer. The mask smells and looks like blueberry yogurt so yummy and fresh out of the fridge it is a delight to put on your face. Unfortunately the results on my skin are not that great. I started using CC around that "time of the month" when my skin is at it's worst hoping that it would calm some of my break outs and redness I normally experience. Well it did nothing for me at all. I noticed no difference in my skin after using it 3 times a week for two weeks (so far)-it was a little drying the first time I used it but after that I didn't notice it anymore. I don't think it was worth it for the results I got. I will definitely purchase another bio fresh mask as my sister has had great success with Cosmetic Warrior and the pot gives you way more than the four uses per pot they say. I'm still using my CC a week after the expiration and I am not worried at all as long as it does not smell or start to look bad. Others have had great results with this mask I guess it was not meant to be for me.Update: Okay so I have continued using this two weeks after the expiry date on the container and on non-pms skin it is actually quite nice keeping my skin smooth and clear. I managed to get 12 uses out of one pot even while using quite generously. Still don't think I would repurchase as I think they may be others in the same bio-fresh line that would be better. I'll give it an extra lippie though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2006 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Retrovertigo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually caught my SO sniffing a container of this and asked me if I'd made blueberry yogurt. This mask smells soooo good and although I'm a little skeptical as to whether it does anything for my face, I still will keep buying it as a treat.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2006 2:13:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I had an absolutely terrible, freak reaction to this product! Horrible,painful lumps all over my skin. I can't really explain this because the brazened honey mask, which is much more active, was fantastic.
I'd suggest this was probably just something individual to my skin; but I'd advise anyone prone to reactions to sample first!

Well priced because you get a number of uses out of it. Lush SA's were fantastic about exchanging too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2006 12:10:00 PM More reviews by daphn3_t

Though this product is expensive, and I generally hate Lush packaging, but it really helps to calm my skin and pimples down, and help relieve my eczema itch. It smells really good too, of blueberries. And I love the cooling sensation (from putting it in the fridge). Will definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2006 1:31:00 PM More reviews by charmedscarlet

I got this as a sample from Lush and it is 1 of only 2 vegan BioFresh masks that Lush offers. I'm PMSing so I've broken out a bit on my combo skin and I was hoping the mask would calm that down. And it did! This morning I woke up to lovely skin and I will definitely use this again. It did not leave a bluish tint on my skin and it did not leave me dry or flaky though I don't think this is a good mask for dry skin. You have to rinse it off very, very well so don't be lazy with the rinsing! Lush rules because of their huge amount of vegan products and because they are completely against animal testing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2006 4:17:00 AM More reviews by bluediva

Great mask to calm/purify sensitive skin! I've been using this every few nights for a couple of weeks and I am quite impressed. My skin has been stressed recently (summer heatwave, personal stress, ran out of my usual daily cleanser...) and this mask quickly cleared up blotchy red areas and a few pimples, and has kept my skin looking clean and smooth for 2weeks. Love the blueberry-clay smell, and it's very nice to apply cool from the fridge. I've tried a couple of other Lush masks, and this one is by far my favorite so far. I'm a PPP and most face masks trigger mild reactions and/or major redness and burning, but this one is very calming and soothing to my skin. It's not a jaw-dropping miracle, but I really like it, the price is reasonable, so I will definitely repurchase. FWIW, I have not found it leaves a blue cast or any residue, but my skin is really pale, so maybe it just didn't show on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2006 10:54:00 AM More reviews by tealeafdoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great mask, really soothing and calming. Great for irritated/red skin. I buy a new pot every month and it has really helped my skin. Works great when rinsed off with Lush Angels on bare skin.