August 21, 2014 | 948 users online

Masks - LUSH - Catastrophe Cosmetic

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2006 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Retrovertigo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually caught my SO sniffing a container of this and asked me if I'd made blueberry yogurt. This mask smells soooo good and although I'm a little skeptical as to whether it does anything for my face, I still will keep buying it as a treat.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2006 2:13:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I had an absolutely terrible, freak reaction to this product! Horrible,painful lumps all over my skin. I can't really explain this because the brazened honey mask, which is much more active, was fantastic.
I'd suggest this was probably just something individual to my skin; but I'd advise anyone prone to reactions to sample first!

Well priced because you get a number of uses out of it. Lush SA's were fantastic about exchanging too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2006 12:10:00 PM More reviews by daphn3_t

Though this product is expensive, and I generally hate Lush packaging, but it really helps to calm my skin and pimples down, and help relieve my eczema itch. It smells really good too, of blueberries. And I love the cooling sensation (from putting it in the fridge). Will definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2006 1:31:00 PM More reviews by charmedscarlet

I got this as a sample from Lush and it is 1 of only 2 vegan BioFresh masks that Lush offers. I'm PMSing so I've broken out a bit on my combo skin and I was hoping the mask would calm that down. And it did! This morning I woke up to lovely skin and I will definitely use this again. It did not leave a bluish tint on my skin and it did not leave me dry or flaky though I don't think this is a good mask for dry skin. You have to rinse it off very, very well so don't be lazy with the rinsing! Lush rules because of their huge amount of vegan products and because they are completely against animal testing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2006 4:17:00 AM More reviews by bluediva

Great mask to calm/purify sensitive skin! I've been using this every few nights for a couple of weeks and I am quite impressed. My skin has been stressed recently (summer heatwave, personal stress, ran out of my usual daily cleanser...) and this mask quickly cleared up blotchy red areas and a few pimples, and has kept my skin looking clean and smooth for 2weeks. Love the blueberry-clay smell, and it's very nice to apply cool from the fridge. I've tried a couple of other Lush masks, and this one is by far my favorite so far. I'm a PPP and most face masks trigger mild reactions and/or major redness and burning, but this one is very calming and soothing to my skin. It's not a jaw-dropping miracle, but I really like it, the price is reasonable, so I will definitely repurchase. FWIW, I have not found it leaves a blue cast or any residue, but my skin is really pale, so maybe it just didn't show on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2006 10:54:00 AM More reviews by tealeafdoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great mask, really soothing and calming. Great for irritated/red skin. I buy a new pot every month and it has really helped my skin. Works great when rinsed off with Lush Angels on bare skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2006 5:56:00 PM More reviews by babyslk7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the 1st time I bought LUSH products along with the buttercreams which I was mistaken as body cream/lotion after shower, like Body Shop body butter. It was actually a soap and I hate it. I tried on this mask today, I like the fact that 90% is natural products and have expiration date. I love the blueberry smell and color in the store. But, when I put it on my face, I can smell more of the parfume contain inside, that's a minus. Now, I'm suffering from PMS, too, so I have like 8 pimples on my face, nasty !!!! This mask dried up my acne, kinda... I think so. It pushed my whiteheads more on the surface of skin, made me easier to pop. I think it because of the calamine and talc ingredients. That's a plus for me, so it's a NO NO for dry skin types. The sales girl actually told me this mask for anti oxidant, normal-combo skin. It leaves a bluish residue after U rinse it and makes your skin dryer (I can see tiny flakes esp on my acne prone area due to medicated prods) . But fades away after 30 min or so. I'm going to try it on my Bf tonight and see his review :P, cos he has normal-dry skin type. I will update. I have a huge bump that I can't pop, yet and hurts inside on my chin... I'm goin to put the mask on this bump every 2 or 3 days, maybe it's going to dry up faster. We'll see....I still like try other LUSH mask tho, they all look so tempting, esp the chocolate one. Not a bad product, but I prefer DHC mineral mask for oily acne skin type.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2006 2:25:00 AM More reviews by suchitra45

Smells wonderful and it goes on creamy and smooth. Since it has to be refridgerated, it's cool and soothing. I'll have to remember to only put it on the oilier parts of my face next time since I found it really dries out my cheeks. Will definitely get more when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2006 8:21:00 AM More reviews by nutsaboutmakeup

Love blueberries & this reminded me of a blueberry smoothie!! Smells great too! Supposed to be cooling, refreshing & soothing but I think its this cos of the coolness of the mask (cos you gotta store it in the fridge). I usually do extraction with my facials & this did not calm down the redness on my skin Ė unlike my beloved aveda mask. Not a bad mask. Actually de-gunks skin well making my skin softer, smoother, brighter & a pumped up appearance!

I might re-purchase when the mood strikes. Its not HG or staple status but a fun item to use occasionally. Have huge problems with the cheap, tacky, flimsy plastic container! Also I like to alternate between products & I donít like the idea of buying an entire tube which lasts only a month! At least let me buy in 50grams! Lush used to have that policy, not a set policy of buying at least 100grams! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2006 5:02:00 AM More reviews by Scarlettfish

My skin is extremely sensitive, so I am always wary when using masks, as they have broken me out in the past. But this is gorgeous! The smell is sublime blueberries, and it is cool and refreshing on the skin. It doesn't make my face feel tight, like most masks. I didn't find it difficult to remove, and my skin just glowed when I took it off. It is very detoxing - I found that it removed all the blackheads on my nose, something which I didn't expect. One thing I will note, though, is that those with dry skin may want to make sure they moisturize after using this because it is slightly drying, but it is suitable for combination/sensitive skin. Lovely mask! Will definitely rebuy this one.