NARS Cream Blush in Penny Lane [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Talc, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Tricaprylin, Capric/Caprylic Triglycerides, Cera Alba (Beeswax), PEG 150 Distearate, Lanolin, Laureth 4, Tocopherol, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75740), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Orange 5 (CI 45370), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 7/25/2006 4:41:00 PM

Penny Lane is a lovely nude pink and absolutely perfect for those seeking just a hint of flush. This shade is "anywhere, anytime;" it's easy to wear, day or night and won't compete with other makeup.

on 6/24/2006 10:54:00 AM

Penny Lane is a nice nude pink with very slight shimmer to it. It is a great blush that gives my cheeks a light pink flush. The cream formula is easy to apply with a foundation brush or fingers. It has a smooth finish, and it blends into the skin easily. These blushes also last well on my combo skin.
(For reference I wear LSF in #5).

on 4/24/2006 2:03:00 PM

I am in love with Penny Lane creme blush. I call this my "baseball cap" blush because it's great for those days that I'm not wearing makeup but I still want to wear blush that isn't too dramatic or clash with my skintone. Like those baseball cap days - don't want to bother but still want to look decent :)

Penny Lane is a pink beige nude, looks light in the compact but it's also very pigmented. It shows up nicely on my Stila 30 watts, Chanel Beige, Armani LSF 5.5 skintone. I only need to swipe my ring finger in it once for each cheek. Apply and then blend. Although I don't get the "just in from the cold or jog" flush I still get a soft pink glowy color to my cheeks. I don't look so dead under my baseball cap so I look more like "yeah, my cheeks are this healthy even without any sun!"

on 4/20/2006 5:10:00 PM

Penny Lane is almost exactly the color of the light flush in my cheeks I get when I exert myself a bit (a brisk walk on a windy day, rather than a jog). It's a sweet, neutral light pink with no shimmer and has a slightly satiny finish that is very natural-looking. Pigmentation-wise, it's not nearly as vivid as Cactus Flower or Turkish Red (my other two NARS cream blushes), but I prefer the subtlety of this shade as I'm rather pale and brighter colors are getting harder for me to pull off without a lot of work. I can just slap on Penny Lane and look good in a few seconds. Plus, it goes with pretty much any makeup look you could come up with. The lasting power is slightly better than other cream formulations I've tried, but is still not as good as some powder blushes. But sheerly dusting a little Rimmel blush in Bronze (actually, a warmish, beigey-pink on me) over it helps immensely. It's a nice alternative to Maybelline's Dream Mousse Blush in Peach Satin (my other, everyday blush staple) because it's not quite as "shiny" and a bit more neutral. Definitely would buy another.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was rather unimpressed for the first few months I owned this blush. Sure, it applies effortlessly with my Trish McEvoy foundation brush, but I felt like the color was the most boring of the six NARS blushes that I own (the other five being Orgasm, Deep Throat, Sin, Ninotchka, and Outlaw). After owning it for many months, however, I find that I turn to this blush all of the time! I am PPP and Penny Lane is a delicate nude pink on me. I am a graduate student so I do not have to dress up on a daily basis... I find that Penny Lane is perfect for those days I am wearing a t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers (or any day I want to look "makeup-less". It provides a soft, natural flush that adds a little life to my pallid complexion but no one would ever guess that you are wearing blush. Looks very cute with my freckles in warmer weather too. The packaging seems like the blush would dry out over time but the texture of mine has not changed in the least. When I initially tried out Penny Lane I figured I would use it up but not repurchase... I would most definitely repurchase now!

on 4/4/2006 6:11:00 PM

What a pretty pinky beige blush! You dont need much because with penny lane less is more. Gorgeous blush..my first NARS creme blush. Im not really a 'fan' of any creme blushes but Penny Lane has changed my mind! For NARS at least!

on 3/13/2006 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm new to blushes and this is really "dumb proof" I only need to dab a tiny amount of the blush. The colour is fantastic! Although it looks really freaky in the pan. It looks very natural on me. Would re-purchase in a heart beat!

on 1/2/2006 1:08:00 PM

This is a very pretty, light pink, but I just could not get in to it. The finish is great, it applies a cream, then dries quickly to a powder--no clogged pores, etc. However, I just don't care for applying my blush with my fingers, and I didn't want to spend the extra money specifically for a cream blush brush. That said, if you're not as lazy as I am, this is a very pretty, natural color that will give you the lightest of flushes.
PPP, Brown hair/eyes

on 12/20/2005 9:56:00 AM

This blush is for the ultra discrete look. Don't dare speding your money on it if you want more than the subtlest of flushes (it kinda reminds me of GA #2 powder blush). I like to wear blush everyday, but I need it to be very subtle, so I find this shade just perfect.

on 12/7/2005 4:46:00 PM

Another blush winner from my beloved NARS. Penny Lane is a slightly rosy pink in the pan and comes out a peachy pink with just a hint of rose on my cheeks. I can't wear many cream blushes (they tend to break me out), but NARS cremes are so light that they never give me the slightest problem. The staying power is wonderful, and the finish is so dewy and glowy.

Popular Blush Products