MAC Up The Amp

4.7

on 11/7/2009 7:12:00 PM

Hmm. After reading the raves, I had to try this color! I even ventured into the crowded mall on Saturday during flu season (:-O)! Hope I don't pay the price for that!
This color looks fine on me. When I first tried it at Nordstrom's, it looked a little too bright, but I had on NO blusher (had rushed out with hubby in a hurry). It "wore in" on my lips well, and has good staying power.
A couple of years ago, a Prescriptives SA finally explained my coloring to me -- I have yellow undertones in my (LLL) skin, but lavender-ish lips! (Eeeeuw!) Well, knowledge is power. This lavender-mauve lipstick isn't all that far from my "true color", and that's why it works on me - and if I don't put it on wildly thickly, it's just a nice daytime color. Will probably look better with a gloss over it.

on 11/3/2009 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Awesome shade, and I love the smooth texture. Im a NC50 and this definitely adds a pop of color. For those who would like to try out this shade before investing the $$$ try Wet 'n' Wild lipstick in #525. Its a dead ringer for Up the Amp, except for the texture and only $1.

on 10/20/2009 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I got this with Back 2 Mac and love it! It is very very similar to Stiletto lipstick that is now discontinued, but it is perhaps a shade lighter in color. My mua told me to pair it with a brown lipliner, I use Cork liner but not too heavy, and Spring Bean lustreglass. The combo is perfect. Spring Bean 'calms' the brightness of Up the Amp and makes it very suitable for work. If I want all attention just on my lips than I wear it with a bit of brown liner and clear lipgloss. I am NW45.

on 10/19/2009 9:20:00 PM

I've been wanting this for a long time, and since MAC is offering free shipping this week (and last), I ordered it. I am not dissapointed. Something about this color looks really good on me, even though I normally like a nude or pinky-brown mouth. I get compliments just about every time I wear it. For the record I have ash blonde hair, medium skin and am a well preserved 55 year old. It is exceptional with Spring Green luster gloss over it.

on 10/11/2009 1:32:00 PM

I love this lipstick! It's one of my favorite MAC lipsticks and I own lots of them. I see lots of reviews saying it looks great on darker or tanned skin. I am fair with cool undertones and I think it suits me. Don't be afraid to try this color if you're fair. It's not an over the top color, even though it's a lavender shade. It's rather versatile when it's on the lips as it takes on a bit more of a pinkish tone on pigmented lips. It's a color that is different, yet not so much as to make it unwearable. I find it very wearable and have been reaching for it whenever I can. The staying power is very good. This is a good lipstick to wear in photos if you want to look fresh faced and up to date with the purple trend that is in fashion right now. I have other MAC purple and lavender lipsticks, such as Saint Germain, Lavender Whip and Violetta. I find Up the Amp more wearable than any of these and I like it as much as I like Violetta, which is also a stunning purple from MAC. Overall, I cannot recommend Up the Amp highly enough.

on 10/9/2009 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Love it!! I made sure to buy two.

on 9/1/2009 5:24:00 PM

Holy freaking moley. This color, I was afraid, would be too bold considering that it was this deep lavender. But NOPE! It didn't even come off as overbearing. It has strong staying power, and it's perfect for those with a tan skin tone like me =].

on 8/30/2009 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

My first MAC lipstick. My mother complained that all I ever wear is pink so she suggested I pick this up while we were in the MAC store. It looks great on my pale skin. It's a tad drying, but not bad.

on 8/25/2009 3:25:00 PM

This is my favorite lipstick. I love the color, the texture, AND the stay-power. I rarely wear this shade on it's own unless I'm going for a really intense look. My favorite gloss to wear over UTA is Cultured... but I also enjoy lighter frosty pink's, and matte pink's as well. I just find layering it adds dimension and makes it a more wearable color for an everyday look.

on 8/13/2009 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Such a fun lavendar/purple color! Pair with Magenta liner from MAC. Great for the nighttime/non-work hours. It is so unique and the amplified cream formula is very long wearing and feels light as a feather. I am NC43 and was worried it would be too much but the MUA convinced me to try it. Looks great with winged eyeliner.

Popular Lipsticks