November 20, 2014 | 2036 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Up The Amp

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2009 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Librakitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love it!! I made sure to buy two.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2009 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Jbantad

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Holy freaking moley. This color, I was afraid, would be too bold considering that it was this deep lavender. But NOPE! It didn't even come off as overbearing. It has strong staying power, and it's perfect for those with a tan skin tone like me =].

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by marildu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

My first MAC lipstick. My mother complained that all I ever wear is pink so she suggested I pick this up while we were in the MAC store. It looks great on my pale skin. It's a tad drying, but not bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 3:25:00 PM More reviews by annalea

This is my favorite lipstick. I love the color, the texture, AND the stay-power. I rarely wear this shade on it's own unless I'm going for a really intense look. My favorite gloss to wear over UTA is Cultured... but I also enjoy lighter frosty pink's, and matte pink's as well. I just find layering it adds dimension and makes it a more wearable color for an everyday look.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by jazmatazz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Such a fun lavendar/purple color! Pair with Magenta liner from MAC. Great for the nighttime/non-work hours. It is so unique and the amplified cream formula is very long wearing and feels light as a feather. I am NC43 and was worried it would be too much but the MUA convinced me to try it. Looks great with winged eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2009 1:39:00 PM More reviews by blueangel1023

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish I knew about this color sooner! Usually I stick to the nude or pinky mauve colors, but when lavender whip cremesheen came out I wanted to get a backup from MAC since I really liked it. Unfortunately since it was LE, it was sold out. I was kind of disappointed but one of the MA's recommended me Up the Amp since it has lavender violet based as well but with more of a vibrant payoff. I was hesitant at first since I've always stuck to Lustre finishes. I had to admit from the tube, the lippy looked really intense, but when I tried it on I was sold on it. It totally worked well with my C35 skintone. A nice shade of violet pink on my lips. Great when topped with a lipglass. Definitely would buy again once I run out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 6:50:00 PM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I think that because I am loving pink lippies a lot more these days, I naturally gravitated towards Up the Amp, a color I have been avoiding for a LONG time. WHen I tried it on the other day, I thought it looked fabulous. I paired it with fantabulous dazzleglass. Definitely not a look for the shy, or for everyday, but a fun lippie indeed. I can see myself wearing this on nights out or with the right outfit. Love it on my nc42 skin, pretty flattering, even with the cooler tone/hints of purple

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by mlitmo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this lipstick!! It goes on very smooth and looks great with my pale complextion. I use mac eclectic edge lipglass on top for a little bit of a glossier look. Pretty cheap compared to lancome and chanel lipstick! Would def repurchase if I ran out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by jessicastwin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first MAC lipstick that I've ever LOVED. It is so low in the tube.

Up The Amp is a beautiful bright/medium cooled pink. It has touches of lavender which gives it a subtle purple cast. The Amplified Creme finish, which provides a dewy sheen, is also a plus on this lipstick--I believe a matte finish would kill the beauty.

For all the WoC out there who are afraid of bright colors on the lip (like I used to be), GET THIS LIPSTICK! I am MUFE Mat Velvet in #70 (or about an NW40-43) and it looks great. I am doubtful that any of you would be disappointed.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by jadedgurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this lipstick! This is by far my favorite lipstick and the one I reach for often. It is a flattering pink/mauve/lavender lipstick with full coverage. I will definitely re-purchase.