April 21, 2014 | 988 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Pink in the Afternoon

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2008 10:15:00 PM More reviews by alison_wonderland

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Definitely add me to the "yay" camp on this lipstick!

I have always been attracted to the somewhat milky light pinks, but I can never pull them off (MAC snob, prr, and oyster girl, I'm looking at you!). This colour, however, has *just* enough warmth to work on my NC30 (brown hair and eyes) complexion.

Because of pink in the afternoon, I finally can have that Audrey Hepburn modish pink lip that I've wanted. I am so excited to have found this colour, because If it was *any* lighter or whiter, I would not be able to pull it off.

My one gripe about it is that it does creep into the lines on my lips a bit (hence the rating of 4 instead of 5), but the colour, and the wonderful creamy texture make it a keeper nonetheless. Besides, I can only notice it if I'm right up against the mirror!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Lexieberry

What a perfectly pink lipstick! I had been searching high and low for a creme-based pink that wouldn't look too frosty or shimmery on my pale complextion. 'Pink in the Afternoon' is a 100% match to what I was looking for. PitA (lol) is a mauvish babydoll pink in a rich and moist creme formula. I love the way it's super pigmented and only takes one quick swipe to give fabulous results. Really, no mirror needed! =) I would compare this to be most similar to MAC 'Angel'....And I'd also say this is completley the winner of either (anyways this gives more of a creme finish) and it retails for half of MACs prices. I picked up mine for $1.48 at Target on clearance.....a ridiculously great buy!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2008 5:28:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

For what it is, this is a truly classic pink color. It's a mid-tone warm pink, absolutely no shimmer. It is sort of milky and quite opaque. This is one of Revlon's oldest colors, so you have to keep that in mind... it is a '50s/'60s pink... very Holly Golightly and of that era.

In modern day, I think this color would be very becoming on a blonde or someone with light brown hair. For me (Asian, NC20-25), it looks a bit out of place and garish. I do wish that I could pull it off because it is a nice color, but I don't think I can.

The Super Lustrous lippies have a wide shade range, but the textures are not as soft as L'Oreal, although the Revlon ones are scentless, so if the L'Oreal scent bothers you, you might want to try Revlon. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2008 9:38:00 PM More reviews by flamencovixen

Pink in the Afternoon is a neutral-toned, slightly milky light-medium pink. It's a true pink in that it doesn't have any mauve, beige, peach, or grey. Thus, some may find Pink in the Afternoo a little bright. I do think it's hard to find a true pink lipstick because many pink lipsticks have the mauve/beige/peach/gray undertones so I am glad that I got this lipstick color.

I have light skin with neutral to warm undertones (MAC NC 25, Everyday Minerals Intensive in Fairly Light Neutral, Cover Girl Buff Beige). I am used to wearing nude or neutral lipstick colors that have beige or mauve so when I first applied Pink in the Afternoon on my lips, I was unused to the brightness. I wouldn't call it a Barbie pink or anything like that at all. It's a flirty, girly kind of pink. I think it's also a great lipstick to layer or mix with other lipstick colors. Just today, I was wearing a muted peachy-beige lipgloss (Rimmel's Mmmmm lipgloss) and I thought that it needed some pink to give it more oomph. So I applied a layer of Pink in the Afternoon and got a beautiful pinky-beige lip. If you find that Pink in the Afternoon is too bright, you can still tone it down with a beige lipstick or lip gloss.

In terms of texture, this lipstick is creamy. No shimmer or pearl to it.

I hope Revlon never discontinues this shade.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2007 9:02:00 PM More reviews by t0asty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

ick... this color is a bright barbie pink on me, and i have a fair/creamy asian complexion (NC30). i bought it based on reviews here coz i was out looking for a pink lipstick, but this one didn't work out :( i tried layering my revlon super lustrous cherries in the glow l/g over it and it become somewhat more wearable, but was still so bright!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2007 12:39:00 AM More reviews by oopsygirl

I got this in a swap as an "extra", and I was very surprised at how much I liked it. I have gotten into the habit of paying 15-20$ for a lipcolor, so this is a nice reminder that great lipsticks don't need to cost an arm and a leg. Very pretty beigy/bubble gum pink w/no shimmer.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2007 4:10:00 PM More reviews by hellogina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow. This looks terrible on me. This is a light, peachy pink that is several shades lighter than my natural lip color. Might make a nice, nude/light pink shade for those with fairer skin tones or less-pigmented lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2007 5:02:00 PM More reviews by iuhooch625

I have a hard time finding lipsticks that I actually love, but this is definitely one of them. This is the perfect muted, medium, non frosty pink for my pigmented lips that doesn't wash me out. As another reviewer mentioned, looks even more amazing with a tan.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2007 10:10:00 PM More reviews by NC20

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My lip has a natural brown line. This lipstick covers all my lip line without applying any lip liner. Its color makes me look younger and brighten up the whole face. I used to conceal my lip with Revlon Color Stay, but it didnít work. This Revlon Super Lustrous-Pink in the Afternoon has more pigment than Revlon Color Stay. I will buy this lipstick again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2007 3:46:00 AM More reviews by zsagirl

OMG OMG OMG!i finally found my perfect babydoll pink lipstick and bonus is my fiance gave this to me as a present..its a soft pink,not overpowering or attention grabber. It's the same shade with MAC sweetie. This color is so sweet,it can brighten up your entire face and make you look 10 years younger.i love this color so much. I put lipgloss for shine and i got lots of compliment...i hope revlon will not discontinue this one :)
i will surely buy this again when im done with my tube...