July 29, 2014 | 1877 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 12:17:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

This looked so bad on me! I am a fair skinned brunette with brown eyes and it looked like a bright, light opaque warm pink - reminded me of the old lady from There's Something About Mary. The finish is semi-matte.

I think others (blondes probably) would look fabulous in this lipstick.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 1:40:00 PM More reviews by kayben

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Picked this up during a BOGO based on a jones for spring and based on the picture, which is very accurate. I like the texture and packaging. The lipstick wears long enough for a cream and the pink doesn't clash with my warm-toned skin. But I will say that the pink is sort of flat and one-dimensional. It's not ugly or garish, just not my typical look. A sheerer formula would have been more flattering for this shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2009 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Moonpetals

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My everyday lipsticks...beautiful colors and creamy. I especially love this color. it's pinky beige. I love this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by efrey14

HOLY CRAP i love this shade. as everyone has said, it's a creamy 50's pink and it looks GORGEOUS on blondes with fair skin as well as those brunettes out there that have a little color to them. If you are looking for the "dead" look (I rock it often myself, pale lips with smokey smokey eyes), RUN away from this color. It's a warm coral-ly pink that really lightens up my lips without looking too pale. I will always repurchase, esp at the BOGO price. I continue to love REVLON lippies so very much.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by ohana6

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this, it's my everyday go-to lip look. It's so creamy, but doesn't wear off fast. I wanted a pink similar to this, and PitA is it. No bad smell or taste to me. I love it.
[img]http://img.makeupalley.com/thumb.asp?f=0_3_0_1_1054521.BMP&sb=w&maxSize=600[/img]

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by glasseyedpeas

I didn't like the color...it made me look more pale than I already am...
will try it another time, but I don't have my hopes high!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2008 10:15:00 PM More reviews by alison_wonderland

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Definitely add me to the "yay" camp on this lipstick!

I have always been attracted to the somewhat milky light pinks, but I can never pull them off (MAC snob, prr, and oyster girl, I'm looking at you!). This colour, however, has *just* enough warmth to work on my NC30 (brown hair and eyes) complexion.

Because of pink in the afternoon, I finally can have that Audrey Hepburn modish pink lip that I've wanted. I am so excited to have found this colour, because If it was *any* lighter or whiter, I would not be able to pull it off.

My one gripe about it is that it does creep into the lines on my lips a bit (hence the rating of 4 instead of 5), but the colour, and the wonderful creamy texture make it a keeper nonetheless. Besides, I can only notice it if I'm right up against the mirror!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Lexieberry

What a perfectly pink lipstick! I had been searching high and low for a creme-based pink that wouldn't look too frosty or shimmery on my pale complextion. 'Pink in the Afternoon' is a 100% match to what I was looking for. PitA (lol) is a mauvish babydoll pink in a rich and moist creme formula. I love the way it's super pigmented and only takes one quick swipe to give fabulous results. Really, no mirror needed! =) I would compare this to be most similar to MAC 'Angel'....And I'd also say this is completley the winner of either (anyways this gives more of a creme finish) and it retails for half of MACs prices. I picked up mine for $1.48 at Target on clearance.....a ridiculously great buy!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2008 5:28:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

For what it is, this is a truly classic pink color. It's a mid-tone warm pink, absolutely no shimmer. It is sort of milky and quite opaque. This is one of Revlon's oldest colors, so you have to keep that in mind... it is a '50s/'60s pink... very Holly Golightly and of that era.

In modern day, I think this color would be very becoming on a blonde or someone with light brown hair. For me (Asian, NC20-25), it looks a bit out of place and garish. I do wish that I could pull it off because it is a nice color, but I don't think I can.

The Super Lustrous lippies have a wide shade range, but the textures are not as soft as L'Oreal, although the Revlon ones are scentless, so if the L'Oreal scent bothers you, you might want to try Revlon. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2008 9:38:00 PM More reviews by flamencovixen

Pink in the Afternoon is a neutral-toned, slightly milky light-medium pink. It's a true pink in that it doesn't have any mauve, beige, peach, or grey. Thus, some may find Pink in the Afternoo a little bright. I do think it's hard to find a true pink lipstick because many pink lipsticks have the mauve/beige/peach/gray undertones so I am glad that I got this lipstick color.

I have light skin with neutral to warm undertones (MAC NC 25, Everyday Minerals Intensive in Fairly Light Neutral, Cover Girl Buff Beige). I am used to wearing nude or neutral lipstick colors that have beige or mauve so when I first applied Pink in the Afternoon on my lips, I was unused to the brightness. I wouldn't call it a Barbie pink or anything like that at all. It's a flirty, girly kind of pink. I think it's also a great lipstick to layer or mix with other lipstick colors. Just today, I was wearing a muted peachy-beige lipgloss (Rimmel's Mmmmm lipgloss) and I thought that it needed some pink to give it more oomph. So I applied a layer of Pink in the Afternoon and got a beautiful pinky-beige lip. If you find that Pink in the Afternoon is too bright, you can still tone it down with a beige lipstick or lip gloss.

In terms of texture, this lipstick is creamy. No shimmer or pearl to it.

I hope Revlon never discontinues this shade.