Bobbi Brown Beige Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

4.3

on 4/21/2004 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this product. It is so pretty, and very wearable--the colors are low key and the shimmer is very adult-like, no garish teen glitter here. It makes a gorgeous eyeshadow. Lovely highlighter for cheeks without looking drenched in sparkle and too flashy. Wonderful!

on 4/17/2004 10:44:00 PM

LOVE IT! I wanted it for so long but its pricy so it took a while for me to cough it up, but im SO glad i did. On my cheeks its the best glow without the grease. on the eyes it a wet-ish looking glow that can be pink,white,beige, or gold but each is similar (I notice the difference) Its also nice under other eye shadows for an added shimmery debth. It looks great as a wash with black mascara. I even put on my lips under gloss! This product gives me the perfect look, it flatters my LLL neutral toned skin, it warms my face up while adding a nice glowand it's so versatile I find myself reaching fo i almost every day. It is Definatly worth every penny!

on 4/17/2004 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

i've been lemming this so bad....but it was just too expensive and didn't dare spend that $35. luckily i was able to swap for this from a wonderful swapper! the colors all seem a little too similar form eachother...and they're all very light in color. use it as an eyeshadow and it gives you that glowy, shiny look. use it on your cheek and face and it just gives you a light pretty glow. in fact i've received compliments on my skin when ever i wore this.

on 4/13/2004 10:56:00 AM

I had tried a friends pink and bronze shimmer brick and then saw that BB had come out with a new shade for spring.

The MA at Nieman's said that beige is by far the most versatile color of the shimmer bricks they offer. She said the bronze can be too shimmery for a true bronzer and that the pink is too pink for a highlighter.

This shimmerbrick looks like a dream highlighter on the tops of my cheek bones above my orgasm or dandellion blush and the lighter two shades in the brick (pink and white) look fab to pump up the shimmer over my eyeshadow.

At $35 + tax, this isn't cheap - but I'm really happy that I made the investment. BB packaging is barnone and this brick is sure to last a long time.

RUN to get this!

on 4/8/2004 6:39:00 PM

I had both the bronze and the pink shimmerbrick, so I didn't think I needed the beige - I was wrong! My friend at the BB counter said that it's very different and shoved the shimmerbrick and a brush at me. Protesting all the way that I didn't need it, I brushed the shimmerbrick on top of my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose and on my ching. Wow! I looked like I was at a candlelit dinner (even under the ugly department store lighting). I'm a GGG and this brick looks like a soft, candlelight radiance. It is by far my favorite shimmerbrick now. Hasn't made me break out and makes my face look "softly finished". I can highly recommend this to all MMM/GGG - really compliments and sets off our skintone!

on 4/7/2004 2:03:00 PM

Easily one of the best products I've ever purchased. So, so pretty, both to look at and when on the skin. Absolutely lights up the face in the most flattering, subtle way. And on the eyes, it's absolutely stunning. I actually bought all three Shimmer Bricks in a fit of bonus-fueled cosmetic mania. I can't wait to try the pink and the bronze. Try this, you will not regret it. Nice sturdy, good-looking packaging, too.

on 4/6/2004 5:11:00 PM

Wow...I just RIS this product, and I think it's great!! The shimmer is beautiful on the eyes!! They all showed up kind of similar though, very sheer colored shadows with gold shimmer. Sooo pretty!!

on 3/23/2004 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm such a fan of the Shimmerbrick collection, and this latest edition is another winner! Beige Shimmerbrick is the most neutral of the three, providing a natural, fresh glow without imparting any major colour. I've been using this on my eyelids as a shadow and am so impressed by not just the staying power but the gorgeous colours as well. The shimmer is noticeable but not overpowering, and as a shadow, this really makes my eyes stand out.

As an all over highlighter, this creates a really lovely, simple glow that has already been perfectly described as candlelight. It seems to provide one of those "glowing from within" looks that is rather difficult to accomplish but always fun to pull off. I normally really can't stand mica on my face but it doesn't bother me at all with the Shimmerbricks. I find them incredibly natural and totally feminine! continued >>

on 3/22/2004 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really like this product. I'm new to Bobbi Brown and especially shimmerbricks (previous ones simply did not attract my attention). This however, is an excellent selection of beiges. I love that they are not overly pinkish or yellowish - just straight-up beige. Beautiful classic eyecolors. As far as a highlighter - I have to agree with a comment I read on the boards about it providing a candlelight soft glow. Probably nothing special if you already have a highlighter you love but worth checking out if you don't.

on 3/18/2004 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I wasn't impressed with the other 2 SB's, but this one is wonderful. I have received so many compliments on my skin since I've been wearing it! I wear it over Becca SSP Pearl and my face glows. I would definitely buy it again.