Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 12/2/2011 5:42:00 PM

I Love this product. my skin is prone to acne. I was using loreal colour stay foundation everyday because it gave me a full coverage.. After couple of weeks I started breaking out like crazy. It was so painful as I had so many pimples all over my face. You know what I mean if you have got a face like this. I was so scared becuase I looked so ugly without makeup with many dark patches and pimples.
Then luckily I found this product and it was great. I started using this last week. and I didn't get any pimples on my face. My dark patches are still there.But I know the slycilic acid in this product will help to fade it away. I heard this doesn't give a full coverage. But I apllied it after applying a moisturizer and put some powder and the blush on it. it looks really good and it's really easy to apply also it doesn't give me a cakey look. I love this product and I'm sooo happy.. I have never written a makeup review but I thought I should write a review here as I thought Almay foundation is really really good for acne prone skins and other skin types as well.

on 11/29/2011 1:47:00 AM

I've recently bought this product, and I got at Walgreens while they were having a super low sale on it, I think I got it for around $3 or $4. And what drew me to it was the complexion healing, cause I've been breaking out badly. I would say it has medium coverage, doesn't smell like those cheap CoverGirl ones, and you can always layer it if it doesn't give you enough coverage. It doesn't really dry out my skin, just as long as I moisturize. I can't exactly say that it was this product that helped my acne, but since I've used it (I've only used it twice) my acne has simmered down. I'll definitely have to keep trying, and will update this if that is not the case. But other than that I love this product so far, and it does make my skin look smoother/natural and doesn't look or feel caked on. Only downside I would say is that the color selection is very light. I got the darkest, and I'm medium-light.

on 11/26/2011 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This foundation is absolutely great! I've been looking for an inexpensive drugstore foundation to wear on a daily basis, but the ones I tried all made my skin very oily and did not last at all. So I gave this one a try since I've been breaking out because I am not on birth control anymore. I absolutely love it! The texture is great, it covers all my blemishes, lasts all day AND it doesn't make my skin oily. My acne has also been better. One tip though is that because of the salicylic acid, it does make your skin drier and it gets rid of your tan. So try using a stronger moisturizer before applying it to your face and use a powder that is a bit darker than the foundation. Overall, VERY satisfied with the product!

on 11/17/2011 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This foundation does a great job covering all the imperfections and blemishes. The packaging is horrible as my hands and sink usually get messy when I am applying it. I am torn and can't figure out yet if it's making me break out more or not. However, it looks good once I put it on and it lasts. The pictures I've taken when I wore this foundation look great. But girls if you want to hold on to your tan (for those of us who don't do tanning beds) a little longer - u can kiss it goodbye once you start using this foundation. It will strip off all the color of your face.

on 11/10/2011 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I remembered wearing this in high school but my skin wasn't as nasty then as it now. I started buying other things and just recently went back to it, i see now why i used to make my mom buy me this over and over again, it covers well and doesn't make me look orange which is always an issue i have with drugstore foundations, over all i like it more than any other drugstore foundation i have tried so far...and i have tried ALOT! i just wish it was a little cheaper and had better packaging

on 11/9/2011 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this product for about 6 months and I really like it. I have very acne prone skin and I use presciption products and this foundation doesn't make me break out. It comes off at night and I can put concealer and powder over it and my complexion looks great! I definitely recommend this to anyone!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this on a Friday and returned it that following Sunday. I wore it Friday and Saturday and it did nothing but make me break out. It's supposed to help clear up blemishes but actually made me break out on my left cheek and forhead. I was beyond mad, I had spent months trying to clear my skin and right when it was clear and I just had blemishes to work out gave me pimples. The coverage was medium I would say and build able. Did not control oil for me that well but I have extremely oily skin. Not a fan. Also, this is overpriced....$13 for drugstore foundation!?!? They're crazy. It had no pump either...not good.

on 11/7/2011 3:40:00 PM

I have been using this foundation for YEARS! It's the only foundation I've ever found that doesn't make me breakout. I can't really say that it helps clear my acne, but it certainly doesn't make it worse. It goes on smooth (I apply with a makeup sponge) and lasts all day.

on 10/24/2011 10:17:00 AM

LOVE this! I have combination skin which has been prone to breakouts especially as of late. I tried this because my other foundations were making me look like an oil slick. This goes on very even, covers beautifully and lasts! I've been using it less than a week but I do believe the SA in it is working because my face has cleared up!

on 10/15/2011 8:13:00 AM

Wow, suprising drugstore gem! I had a bad breakout from pricey longwear liquid foundations and was desperate for coverage that didn't irritate my skin. This was reasonable at Shoppers and the reviews were good. I have extremely pale yellow skin and Ivory is paler and more neutral than most. I may try Buff later, which seems a it lighter than the Colorstay Buff. Although it isn't advertized as a long-wearing foundation, it lasted from 6am to 10 pm with powder on top. Pretty impressive! I do get oil breakthrough, but no worse than usual. Coverage is buildable- sheer if you use a small amount, heavy if you apply more. It looks natural. The best part? Even though the salicylic content is low, my blemishes cleared quickly. I had the beginning of a cyst, which died right down. The minus lippy is for the annoying glass-bottle packaging with no pump. All-in-all I'm extremey impressed with this! Natural, long-wearing, great for sensitive skin, inexpensive- I will definitely repurchase.