July 22, 2014 | 2060 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by SpicyCurry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't wear foundation often, but when I do, I love this one! I only use a little, but since i have oily and breakout prone skin, as well as some larger pores in areas, this works beautifully. My skin still looks very natural, only smoother and more flawless. Lasts really well, and holds up in hot weather. I don't use moisturizer beneath (bc I have oily skin) and this applies smoothly and easily and doesn't highlight any of my dry skin areas. I am about an NC30 and I use Sand...when I'm really tan, I use the shade Tan...I feel Honey is too pink toned. I have been using this off and on for years, and probably always will :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by SweetNSpicy4263

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was not a very good foundation for me. It was very hard for me to find a colour that matched my skin tone and when you put it on, it was obvious that I was wearing it. I personally prefer things that blend well, and this didn't do it for me. I wouldn't recommend buying it, but other products from Almay are good.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

UPDATED UPDATE: I was wrong. This product was not the culprit in my breakouts. And since I've discovered that and resumed using it, I've become more and more impressed with it. The coverage is exactly what I've been searching for all these years; medium buildable to full, without looking masky or cakey. It's matte without being flat. It has excellent oil control properties and it stays looking fresh for hours and hours. It feels nice and light on the skin. After years of wearing mineral makeup, that was the biggest problem with liquid foundation for me. I could FEEL it sitting there on my face. Not so with this product. Great, great little hidden gem of a product and I'm really glad I gave it a second chance.

UPDATE: Ironically, this seems to have broken me out. I had my face almost cleared up when I began using this, after weeks of fighting a terrible bout of acne. I bought this to help, but applied it only in my t-zone, where the majority of the acne was. Suddenly My t-zone is ten times worse. I can only attribute it to this makeup, as I have been very careful about my products recently. I wonder if it's the SPF. I always seem to have trouble with that.

WOW. Color me surprised. I didn't expect much from this. I don't know why, really, since I use the Almay TLC and have been really pleased with it.

After having lovely clear, radiant skin for several years (I attribute this to aging and less oil production FINALLY!) something in my makeup and skincare aresnal has caused huge, painful blemishes that just keep cropping up. Nothing seems to be working and everything I've used is drying out my skin and making my fine lines and wrinkles more visible. So I decided to give this a try, since I wear makeup all the time and I figured something that's on my face all day is probably a good product to fight this battle with.

It's truly lovely! The finish is very nice, not to matte or flat, but not really dewey either. Kind of skin like, actually; amazingly so. The coverage is medium, I'd say, but that's what I like. I don't want thick, opaque foundation face. You can build this to heavier coverage, but it does become very obvious when you do this, and can get cakey as well. I found that one thin application worked well. It evened everything out nicely and covered my milder skin issues. I use concealer for any areas that need more coverage, again, to avoid the kabuki look.

I have had this on for four hours now, and even taught a Zumba class, and I have not had to blot yet. It still looks fresh and has not streaked, slid, separated or turned orange. Pretty impressive.

I've only worn this twice, so I can't comment on whether it actually does help clear up blemishes or if it dries my skin excessively. I will update to address both of those issues.

But my initial impression is that this is a great little product. I tried Mat Lumiere recently and I think this blows that out of the water. It was WAY too heavy, too flat, didn't last, didn't control oil and I suspect it may be to blame for this horrible breakout. Why pay $60 for a drugstore foundation when you can get this kind of result for $12? It just takes some trial and error to find what works for you. This works for me.

(One con: no pump on the bottle. But not a deal breaker for me.)

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by jujudithjujudith

I tried this foundation but I have dry skin and I don't break out I just tried because my mom has oily skin and I run out of my tinted mosturizer. I wasn't expecting too much of it but OMG! I just applied with my fingers and it blended beautyfully, it's not too matte but not to dewy. The coverage is light to medium perfect for me! The shade is neutral 220 and it's not too yellow or pink as the estee lauder double wear but it neutralizes my pink undertoned skin. But I do feel that my skin dries out so I may be getting the nearly naked :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by ohmyjessica

HG status! i've tried so many different liquid foundations (my foundation-type of choice) from high-end to drugstore, but i was so fortunate to come across this product! i had been using the dior skin foundation, when i decided to try the clinique acne solutions (for prevention reasons - and i have combo-oily skin). i loved the results and texture of the clinique but the shade matched me horribly. it was too pink and then it would oxidize throughout the day, turning my skin orange and you could clearly see a different - even with lots of blending!! i use the almay foundation in "neutral" (i'm more yellow-toned) and it matches my skin tone PERFECTLY. i apply with a beauty blender and it's absolute perfection! i definitely recommend this product - especially for the price! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by bbybashful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is one of my HG/go to foundations. One of the best foundations i've ever came across. the only foundation that is possibly comparable to this foundation is Clinique's acne solutions foundation.

I've tried Revlon Colorstay (oily/combo skin) <- WHICH WAS PRETTY MUCH THE WORSE FOUNDATION I'VE EVER USED, hourglass, revlon photoready, laneige, estee lauder double wear liquid foundation, clinique even better foundation, bare escentuals, everyday minerals, lancome teint idole ultra, make up forever, cover fx, skin79 bb creams, you name it, i've probably tried it.

i'm in love with this foundation.<3. i have super sensitive and acne prone skin. The only bad thing is probably the staying powder and it's not transfer resistant.. :\ ........

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 10:15:00 AM More reviews by alberta23

I have been using this Foundation for 3 years now. Started initially with shade Buff and was pretty amazed how good matched my skin, then switched to Naked shade which I love even more. I have been trying other foundations and BB creams the past months just for the sake of experimenting new things, but this is the ONLY foundation that keeps at bay my fear from breaking out. The staying power is also nice, stays put up to 12 hours, I do retouch with a sponge in the creases after 6 h or so, but it doesn't bother me. It is a wonderful drugstore foundation (believe me I've used Clinique, Chanel, Boots), and I will continue buying this every time I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by xheni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Almay is owned by Revlon, and I can see the similarities between their products. My hg is Colorstay, so I compare all other foundations to it. Like CS this line of foundations has a really light and pink toned shade called ivory as it's first shade, and a slightly darker (but still very fair) yellow toned shade called buff as the second shade. I use this in buff, and it's a pretty good color match, I need yellow in my foundation to tone down redness.

This has better coverage than I expected, and I have a lot of scarring. If I feel I need a little more coverage I use Almay's skin clearing concealer as well. The lasting power is great too. I mean it's not a long wear foundation like CS, but it doesn't completely slide off my face. Also like CS there is no pump. WHY?! And it somehow manages to get even more disgusting than my CS bottles! I don't get it.

It has salicylic acid, which is great, but for that reason I don't use it around the eye area. And if I should fall asleep w/ my makeup on, I won't wake up to any new break outs. It's nice to have good coverage that is doing something beneficial for your skin. This foundation does not contain any sunscreen! So make sure you wear some underneath, if you are using this during the day. The lack of sunscreen may be a good thing for you; if you are using it at night, and taking pictures w/ flash, since sunscreen causes that ghostly white face in photographs.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by strawberryswing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation daily for a month and a half now. This foundation has not given me any major problems like breakouts or orange streaks. You can definitely double up this foundation, but beware of overusing b/c it can cake. I use the Almay blemish concealer also just because I have some pigmentation that doesn't cover up completely with foundation. The concealer and foundation go perfectly together! I also set my makeup with Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (probably my HG finishing powder). This foundation lasts a good 5 - 6 hrs. With primer it lasts even longer! I wore the Almay foundation and concealer with primer form 9am - midnight (I know it's not good to wear makeup for that long, but I wanted to see how long my makeup would last) and my face only had to be blotted twice! I like this foundation's consistency, coverage, and that it's fragrant-free. For those who have severe acne/acne marks this isn't the foundation for you. The coverage isn't too sheer or too much. This foundation claims to help blemishes heal, but I can't tell if it does. All I know is that I haven't broken out from this foundation. (: The packaging isn't horrible. This foundation, like any other drugstore foundation, doesn't have a pump. I like that it's compact and easy to open and close.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by jesusfrkxpanda

I got this product after seeing reviews from youtube guru xteener. I had been using clinique superfit foundation for a while but always hated how I would see bumps or my acne flare at the end of the day. So I tried this product out hoping that the salicylic acid in the foundation wouldn't make my acne worse.
I didn't have much expectations but it turned out pretty well. I like the coverage and how it controlled my oiliness as I have pretty oily t-zone. It also seemed to actually help my acne!
The only thing I don't like about the product is the packaging. It's like the Revlon colorstay foundation. So I just pour a bit of the product on a palette and use my ecotools bronze brush to buff it out. Amazing finish! If it were winter, I wouldn't powder, but since it's summer, I do. Would buy again!