November 27, 2014 | 951 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 8:13:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

Wow, suprising drugstore gem! I had a bad breakout from pricey longwear liquid foundations and was desperate for coverage that didn't irritate my skin. This was reasonable at Shoppers and the reviews were good. I have extremely pale yellow skin and Ivory is paler and more neutral than most. I may try Buff later, which seems a it lighter than the Colorstay Buff. Although it isn't advertized as a long-wearing foundation, it lasted from 6am to 10 pm with powder on top. Pretty impressive! I do get oil breakthrough, but no worse than usual. Coverage is buildable- sheer if you use a small amount, heavy if you apply more. It looks natural. The best part? Even though the salicylic content is low, my blemishes cleared quickly. I had the beginning of a cyst, which died right down. The minus lippy is for the annoying glass-bottle packaging with no pump. All-in-all I'm extremey impressed with this! Natural, long-wearing, great for sensitive skin, inexpensive- I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by JennaMB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great price, great colours.

This makes a great every day foundation for it's price, it's suited to those who get the odd pimple, and can sometimes break out from heavy, oily foundations. I'm not 100% sure if it actually clears the skin, but it does not make pimples/skin worse in any way.
It has the texture and staying power of a high end liquid foundation, so it's great for long days, just set it with a tiny amount of powder on a big brush.

It has medium to heavy coverage, and is not too pink toned unlike so many other chemist brand foundations.
Overall, this is a fantastic every day foundation, leave the good stuff for nights out and special events, substitute it with this!

One problem, find it a tad annoying the bottle doesn't have a pump!!
buuut, don't let that deter you!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by pe4chzncre4m

I really like this foundation. I have oily and acne prone skin. When I use this it evens out my skin tone well and blends well. It's light to medium coverage. I still need concealer to cover up my dark acne scars. But when I use this my skin doesn't feel as oily as the day progresses. It's a matte finish but becomes more natural throughout the day. I like it! But I wish it came with a pump

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2011 10:54:00 AM More reviews by CeruleanNight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this 2 weeks ago and have been using it most days.
In the store, the colour Naked seemed to work but the next day when I applied it to my whole face it was a tad too dark and too pink toned (but not immediately obvious).
Sadly there doesn't seem to be a colour that matches my skin tone here!

Well...not that it really mattered considering I found the foundation to be so-so.
Pros:
- controls oil (did not get oily for a whole day and I don't use primer or finishing powder)
- has a natural finish
- light-medium coverage on days where my skin is looking better

Cons:
- doesn't actually clear blemishes
- looks unnatural when built up on days where more coverage is needed
- can highlight dry patches
- the glass bottle with no pump gets messy (ie I accidently put the lid face down on the table and foundation dripped on my counter >..<)

I won't be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by lovethekings

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I am so undecided about this foundation. When I have no breakouts and no dry spots this foundation looks good and does a decent job at hiding my hyper-pigmentation, my skin looks fresh and natural. When I do get breakouts, like I have right now sadly, it does a poor job at covering up the blemishes and hiding the redness that comes along with acne. It also tends to emphasize dry spots around blemishes that are healing. I'm not sure if I will buy again once I run out..

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Kyasorin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using the Almay Nearly Naked foundation for about 8 years now and decided to give this one a try only because I had run out of the NN and the store I went to ran out of shade.

I am used to the light and refreshing feeling of NN so this one in comparison felt kind of thick. It still didn't feel too heavy but it felt a little drying which is understandable since it's for oily skin. It has higher coverage than the Nearly Naked one but does not give as natural a finish, I don't see the natural glow of my skin through the foundation quite as much. I didn't see any difference in my blemishes.

Overall I wouldn't say that it is a bad foundation but there is nothing that makes me want to continue using this over what I am currently using.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by SpicyCurry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't wear foundation often, but when I do, I love this one! I only use a little, but since i have oily and breakout prone skin, as well as some larger pores in areas, this works beautifully. My skin still looks very natural, only smoother and more flawless. Lasts really well, and holds up in hot weather. I don't use moisturizer beneath (bc I have oily skin) and this applies smoothly and easily and doesn't highlight any of my dry skin areas. I am about an NC30 and I use Sand...when I'm really tan, I use the shade Tan...I feel Honey is too pink toned. I have been using this off and on for years, and probably always will :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by SweetNSpicy4263

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was not a very good foundation for me. It was very hard for me to find a colour that matched my skin tone and when you put it on, it was obvious that I was wearing it. I personally prefer things that blend well, and this didn't do it for me. I wouldn't recommend buying it, but other products from Almay are good.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

UPDATED UPDATE: I was wrong. This product was not the culprit in my breakouts. And since I've discovered that and resumed using it, I've become more and more impressed with it. The coverage is exactly what I've been searching for all these years; medium buildable to full, without looking masky or cakey. It's matte without being flat. It has excellent oil control properties and it stays looking fresh for hours and hours. It feels nice and light on the skin. After years of wearing mineral makeup, that was the biggest problem with liquid foundation for me. I could FEEL it sitting there on my face. Not so with this product. Great, great little hidden gem of a product and I'm really glad I gave it a second chance.

UPDATE: Ironically, this seems to have broken me out. I had my face almost cleared up when I began using this, after weeks of fighting a terrible bout of acne. I bought this to help, but applied it only in my t-zone, where the majority of the acne was. Suddenly My t-zone is ten times worse. I can only attribute it to this makeup, as I have been very careful about my products recently. I wonder if it's the SPF. I always seem to have trouble with that.

WOW. Color me surprised. I didn't expect much from this. I don't know why, really, since I use the Almay TLC and have been really pleased with it.

After having lovely clear, radiant skin for several years (I attribute this to aging and less oil production FINALLY!) something in my makeup and skincare aresnal has caused huge, painful blemishes that just keep cropping up. Nothing seems to be working and everything I've used is drying out my skin and making my fine lines and wrinkles more visible. So I decided to give this a try, since I wear makeup all the time and I figured something that's on my face all day is probably a good product to fight this battle with.

It's truly lovely! The finish is very nice, not to matte or flat, but not really dewey either. Kind of skin like, actually; amazingly so. The coverage is medium, I'd say, but that's what I like. I don't want thick, opaque foundation face. You can build this to heavier coverage, but it does become very obvious when you do this, and can get cakey as well. I found that one thin application worked well. It evened everything out nicely and covered my milder skin issues. I use concealer for any areas that need more coverage, again, to avoid the kabuki look.

I have had this on for four hours now, and even taught a Zumba class, and I have not had to blot yet. It still looks fresh and has not streaked, slid, separated or turned orange. Pretty impressive.

I've only worn this twice, so I can't comment on whether it actually does help clear up blemishes or if it dries my skin excessively. I will update to address both of those issues.

But my initial impression is that this is a great little product. I tried Mat Lumiere recently and I think this blows that out of the water. It was WAY too heavy, too flat, didn't last, didn't control oil and I suspect it may be to blame for this horrible breakout. Why pay $60 for a drugstore foundation when you can get this kind of result for $12? It just takes some trial and error to find what works for you. This works for me.

(One con: no pump on the bottle. But not a deal breaker for me.)

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by jujudithjujudith

I tried this foundation but I have dry skin and I don't break out I just tried because my mom has oily skin and I run out of my tinted mosturizer. I wasn't expecting too much of it but OMG! I just applied with my fingers and it blended beautyfully, it's not too matte but not to dewy. The coverage is light to medium perfect for me! The shade is neutral 220 and it's not too yellow or pink as the estee lauder double wear but it neutralizes my pink undertoned skin. But I do feel that my skin dries out so I may be getting the nearly naked :)