October 22, 2014 | 912 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by jujube21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this serum! I bought the smaller size to try it out back in mid-July and now it is four months later and I am almost towards the end. I think the bigger size is more value for your money. Also use a very small amount. I over did it earlier and then started using a smaller amount and it works just as well. Big difference in my skin- I felt like my skin was dry and red and I was getting tired trying products and wasting money. I unvested in this and it is so worth it. I know it is expensive but you use so little and only at night. It makes a huge difference and really what are you spending? $80/year for amazing skin? It's worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by katherinepierce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's funny how people always tell me how perfect my skin is and yet they have no idea how hard it was to overcome acne marks and skin discoloration. It was only a few years ago that my acne disappeared and I promised myself I would do anything to make my skin look good again. I started using this product right after my acne treatment and all I can say is that this serum saved my skin and my self-esteem, really. I can't even describe how good this is: nice texture, good for my skin type (combination), lovely smell. Gives the perfect glow. Improves skin condition (acne marks, evens out the skin tone, etc). Really, really good.
It's also expensive and I purchased it in a moment of madness, yes, but I will never regret it. Besides, this serum is going to last for a long, long time. 5/6 drops is enough.
Right now I don't need it to be honest so I'm not using this product at the moment. If my skin ever needs to get in top condition again and will repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 7:43:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I don't use this product religiously but when I do, I see an instant smoothing of the skin. I'm not sure how long the effect lasts though.

It's easy to apply and absorbs super easily, even more so when I use it after Clarisonic-ing. I got it as part of an EL gift set. I'm usually not into anti-ageing products so I don't think I will purchase again. I love the packaging and the instant results but it's pricey!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by jadedgal05

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really REALLY like this product. I've been using it for YEARS. I also use the eye cream in this line, advanced night repair eye & for people with dark circles, puffs AND more dryness around the eyes than most eye cream/gel type products can handle, this eye product is for you! But I digress....

Advanced Night Repair serum has been in the Estée Lauder line as long as I can remember. My grandmother used it religiously & she passed at age 91 w/ glorious, even toned, smooth skin. I use ANR at night only but you can use it during the day. The serum is lightweight, doesn't feel heavy & smooths evenly onto the skin. It has a pleasant scent that comes from the ingredients in the serum, not added fragrance. It's kind of a light citrus-y, botanical smell, not at all overpowering.

As stated I use this first, after washing, toning, exfoliating, following with any other skin care, then moisturizer. I have acne prone skin & I'm approaching my 40's so anything to help protect my skin I'm all for! The main thing in this is antioxidant repair, protection from free radicals, etc., etc.. I gave it 5 lippes for how great the product is, my skin even after years of cystic breakouts, smoking & not drinking enough water or getting enough sleep my skin is smooth & even toned, firm around the jawline & circumference of the face. I know this product can't claim ALL the credit but for the 1 st line of defense, free radical & antioxidant damage, you can't beat it. I have it 5 lippes for price, because its not cheap, a 1.0 oz will cost you around 45-50, a 1.7 oz 60-70 range & the 3.4 is knocking at 100 if memory serves. The good news is it really last a long time. I use about 1/4 of a full dropper on my face/neck nightly, about 5 drops. That's all you need!

I gave it 4 lippes for packaging quality only b/c I'm not a huge fan of droppers in any skin care & if never fails that towards the end of the bottle you need to angle it & position the dropper "just so" to get the remaining product out. Other than that the package is fine, doesn't leak, pretty durable & the amber color of the bottle helps keep light out so your product stays fresher longer.

I read one reviewer state that she didn't care for the serum, that it might work better for only mature skins. In truth it's good for all skins, hers too. The antioxidant protection this product gives will help protect a younger persons skin from free radical damage they CAN'T see now, so I'd disagree that it's just for oldies ;) any one can use it & benefit.

People who liked & used Super Line Preventer from the now, defunct Prescriptives, (why Estée Lauder, WHY???) will like Advanced Night Repair, as its virtually the same product packaged differently. Right down to the scent. All I'm all I think this product is a win, I have gone through more than 1 bottle & will repurchase again. As far as I am concerned its the (one & only) shining star in Estée Lauders skin care line.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by misscaris

I had high hopes for this products but unfortunately, it did nothing for me. Didn't cause any breakouts or problems for me but didn't improve my skin either. Perhaps it will give better effects to more mature skin (I'm 24 years old btw).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 2:44:00 AM More reviews by manarina81

When i turned 28, 3 years ago, i've been a faithful user of anti aging night serums eversince. I've tried many brands, dermalogica (i'm still using the whole set of this skincare), sk2, kiehls etc... Last month when i finished up my bottle of dermalogica's age smart overnight repair serum (which i considered ok,so-so) i decided to try out ANR... Surprisingly, the first time i tried it, i woke up with a glowing, smooth and my pores is less visible!!! Since i'm very impressed with the result, i tried using it in the morning, however i noticed a zit on my chin after i got back from my work... So, i decided to apply it only during nighttime... The next day, when i woke up, the zit is already subsided and dried up...

After about a month using, my skin still looks better each day and am so glad that my old acne scars is fading, together with the reduced pore sizes... I'm really thankful that i've decided to buy this product after reading sooo many raving reviews about it in MUA... But i regretted why didn't i do sooner!! I have wasted sooo much money on other expensive night serums which didnt really give clear results as ANR and i believe ANR is really worth every dollar spent... I even put a tiny dots of it under my eyes before sleep and it solves my dry skin prob under the eyes... I definitely going to purchase this ANR serum again and again and again until i die...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by avaria26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first ever review on mua - just to say that this really has made a difference in my skin :-O I'm not the type to write reviews but gonna start for the few that have made a difference for me - this, Clarisonic and YSL Matte Touch Radiant Base (blue tube). Been using this one for a month now - I always get pretty bad acne during that time of the month and this has really controlled it - as well as brighten my face and soften the tiny eye lines I began seeing ;( Definitely always buying again :D

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by georgide

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is a very good serum. It makes my skin look more dewy/fresh in the morning. It's not supposed to be used alone, must follow with a moisturizer. Sometimes I squeeze my pores too much when i'm stressed out and my face becomes an irritated mess with red spots. When I put this on at night, in the morning it's like a reset button and the spots and irritation are gone. as for price, I just wait for the free gift w/ purchase which always has a good sized sample of ANR; usually 35$ purchase and free 5 piece gift.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by roomie97

I had very very high hopes for this product as it is really famous and known to lots of people in the world. I was so very disappointed in this product because it had no affect on my face, whatsoever. just nothing. I was expecting a dramatic change on my face, but none. I've been trying for about 3months now, and i just think i have wasted my money... :( urgh. will never buy again...!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 4:35:00 AM More reviews by Ginaisobel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried many products to address sun spots which have appeared on my face in the past year. This serum is excellent and I will continue to use as I believe it is making a difference to my skin. The sun spots below my eyes have almost completely disappeared. After applying the serum at night my skin is glowing and hydrated. I have noticed in recent photos that my skin looks very good. I've also been told I look years younger than my actual age, which of course is not down to a skin care product alone. Plenty of water, vegetables, fruit, and limiting alcohol and late nights also helps. All in all this is an excellent product which I would recommend.