April 19, 2014 | 1848 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Building Primer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2005 5:20:00 PM More reviews by syltetyta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I can do without this one.
Only with a lengthening mascara this will do it's work and add some volume.
I can't see any difference using it with a volume building mascara at all.

Instead I can layer the mascaras with the same effect, hence not necessary in my makeup wardrobe.
I have medium length, straight lashes - and Estee Lauders Lash Primer Plus has a better impact on them.
Will definately not buy again.
UPDATE: I have been using it while sleeping instead of tossing it, to "nourish" my lashes. I'm not sure, but my lashes appear longer now and they don't fall out as much as before. But definately still not usable under mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2005 9:31:00 AM More reviews by LunaY

I love this stuff. I got it as a sample with a GWP and never looked back. It goes on smoothly, and makes your mascara go on so smoothly. It also prevents eyelash breakage, at least in my experience. I did an experiment where I wore this on one eye with my HG mascara (Clinique Lash Doubling), and just mascara on the other eye (with no eye lash curler on either). The one with the primer was significantly longer, smoother looking, and curled. The other one was just ok. It make me realize that the primer was what made the mascara so good! I use it with every mascara now, except waterproof ones as I feel it would effect that quality. This will not make your mascara smear either! Try it next time Clinique has a GWP (it's only $12.50) and see the difference. BTW, I am a length over volume girl. This adds some volume, but nothing dramatic. If that is what you are after, unless you have naturally thick lashes, this may not work for you.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2005 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Marlena_M

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sorry Clinique, you struck out big time with this product. On me it did not hold a curl and only MODERATELY lengthened. Big disappointment. My HG remains Shiseido Mascara Base. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2005 6:02:00 PM More reviews by MichErin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This lash primer is great for making my lashes a little longer (every bit counts). And my mascara goes on more smoothly and with less flakes and smudging. I do what an early poster said--apply primer, then apply mascara while the primer is still wet. The results are fabulous!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2005 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Toronto_princess

I purchased the lash building primer along with the High Impact mascara. I adore the mascara, i love how it makes my lashes long thick glossy and glamourous. I'm not sure how I liked the primer though. I felt it made my laskes stick together!!! I am going to purchase it again to give it another try because alot of my friends love this primer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2005 3:10:00 PM More reviews by mulove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I *REALLY* wanted to like Clinique Lash Building Primer after hearing raves on makeup board and reading good reviews here. However, after giving it about 5 tries, I gave up. I have naturally long lashes, but they are stick straight w/ not so much volume. I was hoping that this lash primer will hold curls that I had created w/ the help of my HG Maybelline metal lash curler and give more volume when I apply mascara over it. Sadly, it did none of that. It actually weighed down my lashes making it straight again. Normally, my lashes stay curled when only mascara is applied to them. As far as creating volume, it does gather more mascara around individual lashes, so in turn making the lashes look bit more thicker than it actually does and that's the reason why I gave two lippies instead of one. But, when it does that, it clumps up my lashes so I have to use lash comb to separate them. This product did nothing to improve the look of my lashes, so it went back to the Clinique counter. I will not recommend this to anyone and I definitely will not purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2005 2:03:00 PM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

MAC NW15 to 20, medium brown hair now graying a bit, hazel eyes, "normal" lashes: I don't use lash primer for so much for length but for volume and also for smoother application of mascara. I find that mascara doesn't clump as much when I use primer first. Today, I put Clinique's Lash Building Primer on both eyes before applying mascara. The product has a nice creamy consitency, and the spoolie applies the product smoothly to each lash. On the right eye I applied the mascara right after the primer, and on the left eye I allowed the primer to dry before applying mascara (per Clinique's directions). After I applied mascara on the left eye (over the dried primer), my lashes curled up as cute as can be! Ne need to use an eyelash curler. I am *really* impressed and will *definitely* repurchase! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2005 1:21:00 AM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My eye lashes are thick but short stubs in length. This product assists in adding to the length. I apply right after my facial mositurizer and let it dry while I apply the rest of my mu. When the time comes, two coats of mascara and my lashes actually have some length. IMO this is a mircle product! I will definitely continue to use and repurchase. For now this is my HG lash primer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2005 6:34:00 PM More reviews by sbforwin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this primer. It allows me to put only 1 coat of mascara on and still look good. As I am an absolute mascara klutz, this is a very good thing. I just have to be careful because sometime the wand picks up too much product. However, the quality of the wand itself is great. I will have to buy the real thing once my gwp runs out.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2005 7:04:00 PM More reviews by frgrl616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this product but I didn't repurchase because it seems too expensive. I'd rather just apply more coats of a thickening mascara, than try to keep up with this. I don't know if this is making any sense. I guess in the end, it just doesn't seem like a necessity.