Almay Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads

2.5

Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Camellia Sensis Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

One of the worst eye m/u removers I've ever used. At least it didn't give me an eye infection, that's the only positive thing I can say about it. It removed about 75% of my waterproof m/u and smeared the remaining 25% around in a greasy mess. I had to wash and wash my face to try to get the oily residue off. It would get into my eyes and make my eyes blurry if I had my contacts in, and sting if I had already taken them out. I personally like to enjoy my beauty rituals of applying makeup, taking it off, etc. I think it's relaxing and enjoyable. But using this product just felt gross and completely sucked all the fun and enjoyment out of my nightly routine. I would never purchase this product again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this because I thought this would take care of a few steps with the pre-moistened pad ready to go, however those pads make removing waterproof mascara very difficult if not impossible. The whole reason I got this version was to remove waterproof makeup, so that's a disappointment.

These are very oily and ultimately messy which is what I'd wanted to avoid in a pre-moistened eye makeup remover pad.

The work it takes to remove my makeup with these causes irritaion. All in all, a real miss. I don't recommend. continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

While the concept of this product is great (a moisturizing eye makeup remover that comes in pre-soaked pads), it just didn't cut it for me. While my eye makeup came right off, the pads left a very heavy, oily residue on my eyes that I had to wash off with water- which completely negated any "moisturizing" effects this product would have. Numerous times, I couldn't get the oily residue to completely wash off and it would film over on my contacts. Yuck! I'll stick with the non-oily version. They don't work as well getting my eye makeup off, but I'm not left with a gross filmy feeling after using them.

like everybody else said, i found this extremely greasy and it blurred my vision a bit. but it did the trick, it removed my eye make up. i ended up buying another package when i ran out just because i needed an effective eye make up remover.

on another note, if i were to find an eye make up remover that did the trick AND wasnt greasy like this one, i will definately switch brands.

the pads effectively remove makeup but leave a gross greasy residue behind. the oil from the pads seeped into my eyes and made them tear up and sting. i wouldn't recommend this to contact or eyeglass-wearers.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Yes this product is very oily but the purpose is to remove eye makeup and it does that very well. I don't have to pull on my lashes to get mascara off.

Definitely was your face immediately.

this is the worst eye makeup remover I have ever tried. It does take off the makeup but while doing it so also smears it and leaves behind so much oil. definitely can't use this if you dont plan on washing your face immediately after using it.

Yes this product is greasy, the pay off is that I can use one pad to remove all of the make-up and sunscreen off of my entire face. I simply have to gently wipe the pad all over my face and then use my normal face wash. My face wash removes all of the greasiness and the pad is never on my face long enough to interfere with my contact lenses. The tub packaging is convenient for travel and in my opinion is easier to use than a liquid preparation with a cotton ball. I only wear face and eye makeup about twice a week, so I don't need to use this product every night. I do wonder if that is the reason that the greasiness does not really bother me. I normally remove my makeup with the pad and gently blot off the extra oil with a regular kleenex. I then wash my face johnson and johnson head to toe baby wash, but I apply the soap directly to my skin before I wet my face. After I have washed my face I apply curel lotion. I think the trick is to apply your face wash to your skin before it is wet, since everyone knows oil and water don't mix. it might remove the residue better. The reason I keep buying this product is that there is absolutely no tugging.

Ugggggh...if you like the feel of wiping grease all over your entire eye area, then this product is for you. What a disgusting experience that was...really gross, can't believe how oily it was.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I wear waterproof mascara and lots of liner (usually w/p- UD 24/7 and MAC Powerpoints) so I need a burly mu remover. I reach for these when I run out of Lancome BiFacil and am too cheap to buy more (or they aren't having a GWP!). These work great due to their oily nature, but NEED to be wiped off afterwards or you're left with a major oil slick which can cause milia (trust me). I only use these at night when I have my contacts out and going to be washing my face, otherwise my lenses cloud up and the oiliness bugs me (and causes my mu to smear, as I found out when I used them in the morning). However, they're cheap, easy to find and because one pad does both eyes a jar lasts me forever. They're also great to travel with because they aren't liquid. Yes- they're oily, but that's the point. Non-oily removers simply don't remove all my mu, and I end up wasting a lot of it trying for the same effect.