Urban Decay Sin

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/20/2009 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

UD Sin is the most gorgeous frosted Champagne eyeshadow! The color is similar to MAC Naked Lunch but the color payoff of Sin is so much better and the frosty shimmer is beautiful! I would choose this over MAC Naked Lunch anyday.

on 5/26/2009 9:13:00 AM

This is a go-to, HG item for me. Perfect champagne beige shimmer without being overly frosty - great for the lightest color on a smoky brown eye. Great staying power, especially when paired with UDPP in Sin, which adds more depth to the shadow color, IMO.

I pair this with UD's YDK, a lovely plum taupe shimmer, almost all the time, with or without eyeliner.

I stay away from any of the UD shadows with glitter in them, as I've found the glitter ends up all over my face and the shadow is extremely hard to blend, but I'm still very impressed with the quality of the products from this brand. Will repurchase, and will probably keep one on hand at all times!!

on 5/18/2009 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I originally got this in my Ammo Palette and it became my favourite eye shadow I've ever used!!! The creamy shimmery champagne colour brightens the face beautifully and looks wonderful on everyone (I've used it on both my mum and sister as well as constantly on myself).

I'm actually using this as my bridal eyeshadow (getting married in 6 weeks, so excited!!!) with UD Polyester Bride as a brow highlight and in the inner corner.

Love, love, love this. Please, UD, never discontinue it!

on 5/16/2009 7:53:00 PM

Sin is a natural, shimmery light beige/champagne colour – it isn’t frosty or glittery like some of the Urban Decay shadows. I love this color for neutral, everyday wear, it really brightens up my eyes with its subtle shimmer. Actually, it really brightens up everyone’s eyes – I have tried it on my mum, my sister, my grandmother and my aunt and it looks gorgeous on us all. Its such a nice colour you can wear it without anything else, just some eyeliner and if you have a more dramatic look, it makes a great base or highlight colour. Also, it has never creased on me, not even worn alone without a base.

on 5/15/2009 7:05:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really love this color for everyday wear. It is simple, not too glittery, and very neutral. It goes with almost anything and is great for brightening up the eyes. As always with UD, it has good staying power. I'd recommend this to anyone.

on 4/14/2009 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Someone said that this (and other) UD shadows are chalky?? I wonder which UD they're talking about! Sin's been described perfectly here by others, and it's like all the other numerous UD shadows I own and have tried: smooth and easily blendable. It lasts all day on me (I wear UDPP underneath all my shadows, no matter the brand), goes well with a multitude of shadows and is just pretty overall.
ETA: Eh, I'm not that in love with Sin anymore. :( After wearing it quite a bit, I find the color, although pretty enough, to just pretty much be mediocre on my NC-45-ish skin. I don't think it really deserves all the hype it gets.

Love this shade! Came in my UD Ammo palette, but I'm fairly certain if/when it runs out I would repurchase. It's my go-to for a base e/s. Agree with the other reviews that it's not OTT shimmer but isn't matte either. It's a perfect champagne-slightly peachy pink color.

on 4/4/2009 1:44:00 PM

I have fair skin and light eyes--I love the idea of a simple champagne lid paired with dark gray or charcoal liner and black mascara. Previously, Stila's Kitten was my go-to shadow for this purpose, but then I discovered Urban Decay's Sin. This isn't as glittery-shimmery as Kitten, but is much more satiny-shimmery and slightly less pink. It blends with other colors like a dream, and lasts several hours without creasing. It's very flexible--apply with a damp brush to wear alone, or dry with a light hand as a base. As a New Yorker, I love that the packaging looks like an old NYC subway token! My only gripe about the packaging--the edges where the snap lid closes (on the bottom) are pretty sharp.

on 4/2/2009 1:08:00 PM

This was one of the 4 UD shades I bought recently. 3 out of 4 of these had the exact same problem. They were chalky and barely blended. Once on, they just looked, well, chalky. I'm used to the richness of MAC and these didn't compare. I returned it.

Beautiful frosty champagne pink. I can't use it all over as it makes me look tired, but great for inner corners and highlighting. Beautiful.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products